Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,610 members, 7,823,655 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Mysterious Illness Causes A Woman's Leg To Swell To More Than 60kg - Graphic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mysterious Illness Causes A Woman's Leg To Swell To More Than 60kg - Graphic (398 Views)

Please Help: I Get Stung By A Fire Ant On My Lips And The Swell Is Much? Pix / A New Mysterious Illness Hits India, Hundreds Of People Land In Hospital / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Illness Causes A Woman's Leg To Swell To More Than 60kg - Graphic by bumi10(m): 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
What could this be? What manner of sickness is this? This is the question in the minds of this woman's family and it has gone unanswered for quite sometime now. Rezia Begum’s, 40, right leg weighs around 60kg due to suspected elephantiasis.

The mother-of-two, from Bangladesh, has suffered with the condition ever since the birth of her second daughter 18 years ago. Although it is unclear how Ms Begum’s condition affects her, she says she is now dependent on the support of her relatives.

Ms Begum said: ‘I was like any other normal woman but now I’m a burden on my poor family.’ Although she is being cared for at Dhaka Medical College Hospital in Bangladesh, she is yet to begin treatment.

Surgery and additional tests are required before therapy can start. The cause of Ms Begum’s condition is unclear, however, previous reports of other cases revealed the disorder can be caused by roundworms entering the body via mosquitoes.

If the swelling spreads from the legs to the abdomen, the condition can be fatal. Elephantiasis affects around 120 million people globally. It is characterised by the massive enlargement of an area of the body due to obstruction of the lymphatic system. This results in the accumulation of fluids in the affected part of the body.

more pics @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/08/mysterious-illness-causes-womans-leg-to.html

(1) (Reply)

Few Tips Why We Should Consume More Water / Dr's In The House Pls Help / Burn As Much As 20 Kg Of Weight In A Month,blast Ur Tummy Fats With Ease With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.