Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. (726 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Sexual Escapades On Social Media / Prophet Seeks Divorce From Fourth Wife / Man Seeks Divorce, Over Wife’s Frigidity And Oversleeps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by AndreUweh(m): 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2010
Wife seeks divorce over beating
19 February, 2010 07:26:00 Geraldine Okolie
Font size:

The business woman Mrs. Mary Bolodeoku claimed that her husband beats her at every slightest provocation, non payment of their children school fees, embarrassment and molestation in public.

The petitioner also claimed that the last time her husband visited at her shop where she sells cooked food stuffs, she was badly humiliated.

She also told the court that due to the nature of his job, he returns home at anytime he wishes.

Mrs. Bolodeoku amidst sobs also said that "the last time we encountered, he beat hell out of me, throwing objects at me, he almost broke my legs", hence her wanting to dissolve the union.

She therefore pleaded that the custody of her two children be given to her.

The respondent Mr. Gbenga Bolodeoku a commercial bus driver who plies Lagos and outside however did not consent to the dissolution of the union but rebuffed all the claims leveled against him saying "it is due the nature of my job I was absent the at the last adjournment which could have enabled me to quicken the reconciliation move", He also explained that he briefed their family lawyer who spoke on his behalf then.

He however admitted that he goes to her shop to see his children and not to humiliate her in any way "it is because of my kids under her care, hence my frequent appearance at her shop".

Counsel to the respondent Mr. Alex Onazi who also doubles as a friend of the family while responding to the question if he was really a friend of he family, admitted that he knows them very well, "so I thought it wise to see that the only thing I can do is to make sure that they reunite".

On what steps he has been taking in seeing that the couple unites, he said wife has been intervening as well.

The Court therefore advised that the lawyer’s wife be brought to the court at the next adjournment; the matter was then adjourned till 15 of March 2010.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by AndreUweh(m): 9:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
For all those women who suffer in silence, seek divorce and save your lives.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by AndreUweh(m): 9:42pm On Feb 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Wife seeks divorce over beating
19 February, 2010 07:26:00 Geraldine Okolie
Font size:

The business woman Mrs. Mary Bolodeoku claimed that her husband beats her at every slightest provocation, non payment of their children school fees, embarrassment and molestation in public.

The petitioner also claimed that the last time her husband visited at her shop where she sells cooked food stuffs, she was badly humiliated.

She also told the court that due to the nature of his job, he returns home at anytime he wishes.

Mrs. Bolodeoku amidst sobs also said that "the last time we encountered, he beat hell out of me, throwing objects at me, he almost broke my legs", hence her wanting to dissolve the union.

She therefore pleaded that the custody of her two children be given to her.

The respondent Mr. Gbenga Bolodeoku a commercial bus driver who plies Lagos and outside however did not consent to the dissolution of the union but rebuffed all the claims leveled against him saying "it is due the nature of my job I was absent the at the last adjournment which could have enabled me to quicken the reconciliation move", He also explained that he briefed their family lawyer who spoke on his behalf then.

He however admitted that he goes to her shop to see his children and not to humiliate her in any way "it is because of my kids under her care, hence my frequent appearance at her shop".

Counsel to the respondent Mr. Alex Onazi who also doubles as a friend of the family while responding to the question if he was really a friend of he family, admitted that he knows them very well, "so I thought it wise to see that the only thing I can do is to make sure that they reunite".

On what steps he has been taking in seeing that the couple unites, he said wife has been intervening as well.

The Court therefore advised that the lawyer’s wife be brought to the court at the next adjournment; the matter was then adjourned till 15 of March 2010.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=28193
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by snowdrops(m): 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

For all those women who suffer in silence, seek divorce and save your lives.
What about the men that suffer in silence
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by skfa1: 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2010
Sorry to those women who suffer in silence.

Honestly some men can be sooooooooooo stupid. DAMN!!!!!!! Beating your wife is just stupid, is just like beating yourself.

Men should think before doing it.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by AndreUweh(m): 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2010
snowdrops:

What about the men that suffer in silence
BUT ATLEAST, THEIR WIVES DO NOT BEAT THEM UP.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by snowdrops(m): 11:07pm On Feb 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

BUT ATLEAST, THEIR WIVES DO NOT BEAT THEM UP.
My guy you never see when women dey use their hubby practice kungfu.
Domestic violence is obnoxious. However it is equally prevalent in both sexes. A home office in the UK figure confirmed this though cant remember what year.
Violence by men is more likely to be reported than by women. Men see it as an embarassment to let the public know they are being pummeled by their wives. That said, injuries suffered by men tend to be minor whereas women can suffer horrific injuries from men.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by Sissy3(f): 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2010
very good. i hope her divorce and custody is fully granted.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 19, 2010
Best decision she will ever make; not only for herself, but her children as well.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by Sissy3(f): 11:43pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^^^
very true. many women sustain abuse day and night thinking they are doing their children good by staying not knowing the emotional and psychological torture they are doing their kids.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by aloyemeka2: 1:22am On Feb 20, 2010
~Sissy~:

^^^^
very true. many women sustain abuse day and night thinking they are doing their children good by staying not knowing the emotional and psychological torture they are doing their kids.

Many men sustain abuse too for the same reason. This really shouldn't be a gender issue.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by Sissy3(f): 1:31am On Feb 20, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Many men sustain abuse too for the same reason. This really shouldn't be a gender issue.

its definitely a gender issue. while few men do sometimes go through domestic abuse, the great majority of the cases are women. it affects women most no denying of that.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by bubugul(f): 2:41am On Feb 20, 2010
another debate trend
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by Akebulan: 7:06am On Feb 20, 2010
Its so true. The role could have been reversed.

Regardless who inflicts the abuse, no one should have to accept abuse from anyone especially someone who claims to love them "till death do us part". Simply leave.
Re: Good Move: Wife Seeks Divorce Over Beating. by snowdrops(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2010
bubugul:

another debate trend
do you want everyone to agree on all issue

(1) (Reply)

Increase In Abandoned Babies / Is It True? / Household Management: Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.