Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree (1868 Views)

UNDERCOVER: How DAILY NIGERIAN Reporter Bagged Cotonou Varsity Degree In 6 Weeks / UNDERCOVER: How Journalist Obtained Cotonou Varsity Degree In 6 Weeks / Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2017
Contemporary Nigerian singer Brymo has warned student that their university degree offer them little in today’s wall because smart and creative people who have the ability to create practical solutions to problems are the ones who rule the world.

Brymo spoke at “Red Carpet Speaker Series”, an event organized by the University of Ibadan (UI) Theatre Arts students.The artiste said a little part of the knowledge students get from university would be used in the labor market, saying their success would be determined by their creativity and personal development.

He urged the students to study hard for good grades, saying quality education would help them to hone their talents when they graduate.

Brymo said: “I am not saying you should not acquire education, because it is the key to unlock opportunities.

But, everything you are being taught in school would be a springboard to help you attain your dreams.

When you graduate, you would use little of that knowledge. Your success would depend on how creative you are.”

Brymo, who shared his personal story, said money should not be seen as major factor for success. He said investing time and energy on individual’s talent was the road to success.

2 Likes

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by shamack: 7:35am On Aug 26, 2017
Lol,,,,street hustle my foot

2 Likes

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Tunndeh(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2017
I concure

1 Like

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 26, 2017
hes talking about enterpreneurship and hes very correct in that regard

1 Like

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by casspersteve: 8:16am On Aug 26, 2017
make una no dy discourage person to go school
what works for mr.a will not work for mr.b grace are in brands
in a developed society without your degree u r nothing even if looking for a menial job

4 Likes

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Sard(m): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2017
casspersteve:
in a developed society without your degree u r nothing even if looking for a menial job
Although I don't agree entirely with Brymo on his stance here, the second paragraph of your Statement is a great fallacy. In developed societies, there are several jobs people without a degree can do and make a living. They're more concerned about what you can practically offer, not what your degree says you can do.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by muller101(m): 10:18am On Aug 26, 2017
Combination is the best approach.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by babyfaceafrica: 10:20am On Aug 26, 2017
He has a point
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 26, 2017
Thing is you will be successful school or no school if you are destined to.

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by kingsley9505(m): 10:49am On Aug 26, 2017
That's the more reason why the C-grade students often times end up being the boss. A-grade students spend more of their time reading, cramming, jacking to get such wonderful results just to end up being an employee. It's high time we students focused more on life holistically and not the exam part.

NB: I didn't say first class is worthless.
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by kingsley9505(m): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2017
drunkcow:
Thing is you will be successful school or no school if you are destined to.

So you mean that some are destined to fail?
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by KillerBeauty(f): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2017
After all the street hustle you will still come back to school to get your degree.
My former boss a successful business man still went back to do part time in the university.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Zimri(m): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2017
kingsley9505:

Don't mind the blame-it-on-destiny crew. Bob Marley once said:

"Every man gat the right to decide his own destiny"
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2017
kingsley9505:

No .but the ugly truth is they are some who are less fortunate.
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by kingsley9505(m): 11:31am On Aug 26, 2017
drunkcow:
No .but the ugly truth is they are some who are less fortunate.
We decide our destiny, whatever we become is by choice not chance.
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by amrichy(m): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
kingsley9505:

We decide our destiny, whatever we become is by choice not chance.
While i don't beliv in destiny, i also don't agree that what we becom is solely by choice. What we becom in life seems to be greatly influenced by many factors and circumstances which are often beyond our control. for example, the financial constraint of the family a person is born will affect d level of formal education he wil reciv, which wil consequently determine d kind of oportunities he wil have to make choices about. nonetheless, in whateva circumstanc we may find oursevs, d choices we make play an important role in who we wil becom

3 Likes

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
His not serious
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Requiem18(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sard:

Although I don't agree entirely with Brymo on his stance here, the second paragraph of your Statement is a great fallacy. In developed societies, there are several jobs people without a degree can do and make a living. They're more concerned about what you can practically offer, not what your degree says you can do.
Ad you are speaking out of your yansh good sir. No good job abroad can be attained without a certificate. You are free to prove me wrong tho
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Requiem18(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
The dude doesn't know what he is saying.... He got lucky and now he thinks everyone can be lucky...fact is with a certificate you have more opportunities opened up for you
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by kingsley9505(m): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
amrichy:

While i don't beliv in destiny, i also don't agree that what we becom is solely by choice. What we becom in life seems to be greatly influenced by many factors and circumstances which are often beyond our control. for example, the financial constraint of the family a person is born will affect d level of formal education he wil reciv, which wil consequently determine d kind of oportunities he wil have to make choices about. nonetheless, in whateva circumstanc we may find oursevs, d choices we make play an important role in who we wil becom

A good number of people who are at the top today faced worse circumstances. But at some point in the
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by kingsley9505(m): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
amrichy:

A good number of people who are at the top today faced worse circumstances. But at some point in their lives, they had to make strong choices, commitments and sacrifices to get to where they are. Some of these circumstances are merely to strengthen us and keep us dauntless against all odds. Haven't you heard that the eagle uses the storm to attain heights that ordinarily can't be attained?
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by kingsley9505(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
amrichy:

Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by lenghtinny(m): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
casspersteve:
Mark Zuckerberg became something without a degree in a developed society angry
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Debojnr: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nice one
Re: Brymo Tells Nigerian Students, Street Hustle Is Better Than Your Varsity Degree by Requiem18(m): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
lenghtinny:
Mark Zuckerberg became something without a degree in a developed society angry
The hell are you on about?..... He was in the university before leaving to work full-time after he made profit. He has gone back to Harvard to get his degree

(1) (Reply)

Abu Zaria Admission Is Out On Caps.... / Auchi Polytechnic : Another Okija Shrine And Centre For Monumental Fraud / Why Professors Don't Reply Your Emails And Proper Way To Email A Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.