Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. (85115 Views)

Canada Is Not For The Faint Hearted, Reconsider This Before Relocating: Pictures / What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America / Short Skills/trainings, In Demand, To Acquire Before Moving To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by akigbemaru: 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
snowland:
To begin with, what is he relocating there for? Education or what? Does he have permanent residency or work authorization that would allow him to work legally? If answer is yes to the work authorization question, then the advise below would suffice.

Tell him to learn some Automation Software Testing Tools like Selenium WebDriver or HP UFT. He can also learn some Test Manangement tools like HP ALM or JIRA. I know about all these tools because I work with them and I know how much experts in those tools are being sought on a daily basis.

If he doesn't have the time to learn all the listed tools, he should try and learn Selenium WebDriver and maybe HP ALM.
He can get the Selenium Training video course on www.udemy.com for $10.

He will thank me later.
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:
Plumbering. I plan to relocate pretty soon too. Our politicians can have the country undecided
can we go together

2 Likes

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Yeminace(m): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
sonnie10:

Presentations to large gathering with which accent. Please don't advice him to ridicule himself.

Do you know you can have that accent here in Nigeria. what you don't know ask . Am just helping out with few for now.

1 Like

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by RaeMystix: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Hair stylist or sewing , but being an hairstylist pays alot better than being a tailor.

1 Like

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Let me share a little experience.

I believe traveling to US is not just to visit but to emigrate. it's a nice plan.

I'm less than 26 years of age and before coming to the US, I made sure I learnt how to barb because here in LA, it costs about 20-30 dollar but you'll have to attend barbing school before you can be able to proceed.
If you want it in your home, No problem.

Secondly, tailoring is another business that yields more money. more especially, men's wears(like senators), then for the women too.
If you know how to sow cloth, people will find you from different states.

Thirdly, Bead making is another business. The least I sold then was 85 dollar for a round neck bead.
and lastly, learn how to plait hair. it's a wonderful business. you can do that in your home too.

But right now, I have my papers( a GC holder and I work in one of the supermarkets as a secretary). It all depends on how smart and strong you are. if you can be able to do something, you'll become a better person in less than 2 years but you must work hard.

I bought my first car within my first 7 months in the US because I worked so hard for it.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by mysteryman2014: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
What if he gets drafted to Iraqi before the 3yrs contract ends

banmee:

Hopefully he is going there with legal status and if he is, his best bet is to join the military. It is the fastest way to land on your feet in America if you are an immigrant. He doesn't need to do it for long. He can start with a three year contract and in that three years, he would build his credit, have enough money for college or complete college and also buy a house.

12 Likes

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by sonnie10: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Yeminace:

Do you know you can have that accent here in Nigeria. what you don't know ask . Am just helping out with few for now.

Learning it in Nigeria will even make him sound more ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by ismart: 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
snowland:
To begin with, what is he relocating there for? Education or what? Does he have permanent residency or work authorization that would allow him to work legally? If answer is yes to the work authorization question, then the advise below would suffice.

Tell him to learn some Automation Software Testing Tools like Selenium WebDriver or HP UFT. He can also learn some Test Manangement tools like HP ALM or JIRA. I know about all these tools because I work with them and I know how much experts in those tools are being sought on a daily basis.

If he doesn't have the time to learn all the listed tools, he should try and learn Selenium WebDriver and maybe HP ALM.

He will thank me later.
You should have mentioned what the TOOLS are used for. hian...
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Remii(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:
Plumbering. I plan to relocate pretty soon too. Our politicians can have the country undecided
they have relocated before you, they are just in country for work

3 Likes

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by snowland(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

Do you have certified information on this?
Is it so easy for any immigrant to just join the military?
There are requirements i believe, is his age not a factor?

Joining the military in the US is not complicated at all as long as you have the legal ground to join and you are of sound health. You can enlist in the military if you are:

1. A US citizen
2. A Green Card holder
3. As a foreign student with abilities to speak one of languages required under the MAVNI program (This MAVNI program was basically for the Army and it's currently suspended).

As it stands currently, you can join any arm of the US military, IF AND ONLY IF, one of the first two requirements listed above is satisfied. After that, you can start considering age limit and other stuffs for qualification.

1 Like

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by snowland(m): 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
ismart:
You should have mentioned what the TOOLS are used for. hian...

I stated it in the body of the post

"Automation Software Testing Tools".

They are tools used to automate software testing activities.

Got it now?
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Jaqenhghar: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
banmee:

Hopefully he is going there with legal status and if he is, his best bet is to join the military. It is the fastest way to land on your feet in America if you are an immigrant. He doesn't need to do it for long. He can start with a three year contract and in that three years, he would build his credit, have enough money for college or complete college and also buy a house.
I was going to suggest it to someone too but what if the person is above 30. Wont ot be a problem
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by MENTORCH(m): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:

Lol

1 Like

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by sukkot: 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
nursing

2 Likes

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by lonelydora: 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2017
diezani:
Tailoring.

It's like you don't know what your moniker mean in present Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by AAinEqGuinea: 9:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nsogbu1992:
Chief, you better remain in Naija. Don't go and be a second class citizen in another man's land. If people outside will tell you what they really go through, nobody will agree to live naija. So, tell your brother to remain here with us bro. If we all run away for these politicians, who will push them to do the right thing. As for me, I was born here, and I am going to die here. Am not going anywhere. By the time you spend a year or two there, you will understand. Good luck �.

You're right man. I've always believed in the naija people even if it meant going seperate ways for the better of all. As much as Buhari is largely incompetent and reactionary, if one wishes to leave Naija's dreadful leadership and lack of opportunity for a better life I'd love it, and I wish more Nigerians and Kenyans would come to America (but no more Somalis please).

As much as I am pro-Biafra until I die, for the sake of Naija people theres a part of me that wishes Nigeria leadership would get it together so the populace can thrive. I doubt Nigeria's leadership ever will so until then I wish I had more resources to help Naijans if they ever come to America. But I hope all remains well while you hold down Naija.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by shellworker: 9:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
No matter what skill you have in Nigeria before emigrating to the US, once you emigrate your certificates will not be valid. You will need to get the training here and obtain their certification.
Right now I live in the US and I can tell you that the certificates I came with are not valid until I had to do some recertification trainings in the states.
Somebody coming here with an already obtained certificate for some skills can only have the advantage of grabbing the training fast since he or she already has the experience.
Ask your cousin to go learn truck (trailer) driving; that will only help him to grab the CDL-A training fast when he comes to the US. CDL drivers are highly needed in the US. They make good money.
He can also learn e-marketing. With this skill, he can come to the US and be making money on his own as an affiliate marketer. The training requires a good coach that can always put him through in areas he may be having some doubts. It requires absolute mastery otherwise he will be loosing his money and not be making anything and feel frustrated.
He can also come and join the medical field and once he becomes an RN, or obtains his BSN he will all be smiles and be searching for me for appreciation. It may take upto 5 years. But trust me 5 years is not such a long time.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by osuohak(m): 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
Onedibe1:

He can work with someone elses paper,america x nt so strict
how Bro. Wanna learn this part
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Ademat7(m): 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
Josh4wod:

So, what section is it?
it wasn't here before...
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by banmee(m): 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

I was going to suggest it to someone too but what if the person is above 30. Wont ot be a problem

No it won't. I think the maximum age for enlightenment is 39. Otherwise used to be 42.
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by banmee(m): 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
mysteryman2014:
What if he gets drafted to Iraqi before the 3yrs contract ends

I've been to Iraq 3 times and I'm still here.

9 Likes

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by banmee(m): 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
stacyadams:
them dey allow person above 30 enlist?

Yes.
OrdercityWeb:

Do you have certified information on this?
Is it so easy for any immigrant to just join the military?
There are requitements i believe, is his age not a factor?

I am a soldier.

3 Likes

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Iamsheye(m): 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
banmee:

I've been to Iraq 3 times and I'm still here.
how Iraq na
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by hotdealz(m): 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
Learn to code

2 Likes

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by samuelson06(m): 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
snowland:

He will thank me later.

In practicing these skills, does it requires contact with hardware or it's completely a technical skill?

1 Like

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Xerox01(m): 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
Narldon:

Cloud and distributed computing
Statistical analysis and data mining
Mobile development
Storage systems and management
User interface design
Network and information security
Middleware and integration software
Web architecture and development framework
Algorithm design
Java development
Machine learning
Tableau software
User experience design
C++ programming
MySQL programming
Pardot marketing
Social media management
Project management professional (PMP)
Swift development
Chat support
Android development
Unity 3D game development
Shopify development
Video editing
AutoCAD
Facebook marketing
API development
Content writing
.NET framework
WordPress development
Direct sales
Sales management
Business development
Customer service
Account management
Accounting
Salesforce
Sales operations
Aunty han han, all this? If I want to learn nko? How do I go about it?

1 Like

Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by OrdercityWeb: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
banmee:

I am a soldier.
Okay. That makes sense then.

I think that would be a good route to go.

If i may ask, if he joins the military; is he gonna become a combatant?
Can you elaborate please on the process if you don't mind?
It'll be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by stacyadams: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
grin grin make i kukuma go begin do press up..will i wait for there approval..the thing dey tak time me sef don taya
banmee:

Yes.
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by OrdercityWeb: 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
snowland:

Joining the military in the US is not complicated at all as long as you have the legal ground to join and you are of sound health. You can enlist in the military if you are:

1. A US citizen
2. A Green Card holder
3. As a foreign student with abilities to speak one of languages required under the MAVNI program (This MAVNI program was basically for the Army and it's currently suspended).

As it stands currently, you can join any arm of the US military, IF AND ONLY IF, one of the first two requirements listed above is satisfied. After that, you can start considering age limit and other stuffs for qualification.

Okay. Thanks!
Re: Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. by Xerox01(m): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sir Snowline, please elaborate your comment. To a layman like me abeg. I have a huge interest in computing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Things I Found Out About Sweden! / Luxurious Suites In Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.