Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! (1826 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:31am On Feb 20, 2010
Controversial cleric and activist lawyer, Pastor Tunde Bakare, the man at the helm of the Latter Rain Assembly has started unfolding his radicalism beyond the uncompromising messages he preaches.
It is no longer news that he left legal practice to preach the gospel or that he spares no words or efforts to vituperate the government and what he sees as misrule.

But in January this year, he became a champion of civil mass protest against the long absence of President Umar Yar’Adua and the need to replace him on the platform of the Save Nigeria Group. By the time he marched on Abuja and Lagos with his group, he had made an unequivocal statement that he is stretching his activism in more ways than the pulpit.

You don’t know that Bakare nurses more ambition about saving Nigeria than you would imagine, and he told Saturday Sun that there is nothing wrong in serving Nigeria or aspiring to save the nation as the president should that please God.
Hear the rest from him.

Are you interested in politics?
Politics is the art of possibilities. Governing your home as a father if you have wife and children is politics. Operating in the place of work involves politics. I am interested in good governance. I am interested in democracy; I am interested in dividends of democracy getting to the people. I am interested in people serving the nation and not starving the nation. I am interested in people who know that the purpose of power is not for self, it is for service. I am not interested in these looters regime and politically demonised people called PDP.

Nigerians would want to know, would Pastor Bakare ever climb the rostrum to campaign for public office or campaign for himself?
Pastor Bakare is a citizen of Nigeria. He is Tunde Bakare first. Then, I am pastor. I don’t wear title. You have labelled me a pastor, which I am not against. The issue is: I will play whatsoever role God wants me to play. Let me tell you what I tell them in Abuja. I have no land in Abuja or its environment. When I go to Abuja, I stay in hotels because I am only interested in one real estate and it is called Aso Rock either as an occupier or as one influencing those who occupy it. I think that answers your question.

So, Pastor Bakare may in future occupy Aso rock?
Not as a clerk but as an influencer of the president or as the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. Every Nigerian should aspire to the highest office. It happened to Obama. But I have no ambition to get there at all cost. I don’t lose sleep over that. Up to this moment, I belong to no political party. If serving my nation and making life better for the people in whatever capacity, I will be willing to do that. Either on the pulpit, on the rostrum or in Aso Rock or from Olumo Rock. Rock is rock.

We should expect higher service politically from Pastor Bakare?
As the Lord lives.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/feb/20/national-20-02-2010-11.htm
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by marvix(m): 8:50am On Feb 20, 2010
Well any nigerian can aspire to d highest office in d land but they shld go nd ask Obama or Lincoln they didn't start their political ambitions wit d presidency. He shld be humble enough to start politics frm somwere we can at least measure his ability mayb d senate or fed house or cld even start as a councillor and try usin his personal funds to beta d lives of his constituents
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Pk001(m): 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2010
Imagine what this man is saying all because of Politics. He said he is Tunde Bakare first then he is a Pastor. As true as this may sound, he has already misplaced them. As a "called" man of God, his office as a Pastor supersedes his person as Tunde Bakare. Being Tunde Bakere simply means he can do anything the natural man does, and that's wrong, because as a man of God he needs to live by example.For instance he should not be seen anywhere because some things can corrupt the anointing on him, that's the truth.
Well I am only saying this because if as a man of God you contest for a public office which is not bad, but it means you are demoting yourself. I expect a man of God to nurture people that will influence the affairs of nation positively through the God sent words he is given. As a man of God, he doesn't even need study law or politics to know politics, these can be reveal to him by By God himself and that's why he is "Called". As a Pastor, you can direct the affairs of the nation from your pulpit, by putting more to prayer and ministry of the word of God. Even if he contest he wont win, period!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2010
Pk001:

Imagine what this man is saying all because of Politics. He said he is Tunde Bakare first then he is a Pastor. As true as this may sound, he has already misplaced them. As a "called" man of God, his office as a Pastor supersedes his person as Tunde Bakare. Being Tunde Bakere simply means he can do anything the natural man does, and that's wrong, because as a man of God he needs to live by example.For instance he should not be seen anywhere because some things can corrupt the anointing on him, that's the truth.
Well I am only saying this because if as a man of God you contest for a public office which is not bad, but it means you are demoting yourself. I expect a man of God to nurture people that will influence the affairs of nation positively through the God sent words he is given. As a man of God, he doesn't even need study law or politics to know politics, these can be reveal to him by By God himself and that's why he is "Called". As a Pastor, you can direct the affairs of the nation from your pulpit, by putting more to prayer and ministry of the word of God. Even if he contest he wont win, period!

Your post above suggests that our so called men of God are failures since it is evident that they have been unable to direct the affairs of the nation from their pulpits in the face of the boko harams, the kalo katos and the recent Jos crisis.

Dude, me thinks is high time we came out of the cocoon of religion and face reality.

God will not come down from heaven and take action for us . It is left for we Nigerians to step out and take actions that will influence the political situation in the country. Rev. Martin Luther King did not remain on the pulpit to effect change in the system neither did Desmond Tutu.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Pk001(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

Your post above suggests that our so called men of God are failures since it is evident that they have been unable to direct the affairs of the nation from their pulpits in the face of the boko harams, the kalo katos and the recent Jos crisis.

Dude, me thinks is high time we came out of the cocoon of religion and face reality.

God will not come down from heaven and take action for us . It is left for we Nigerians to step out and take actions that will influence the political situation in the country. Rev. Martin Luther King did not remain on the pulpit to effect change in the system neither did Desmond Tutu.

I dont really like threading words on this platform, all I try to do is to air my views. First of all the way you sounded by saying "so called men of God" shows that you don't really believe there are men of God in this country. If that is your view, i guess you are wrong. Have you ever imagine how this country would have been if men of God weren't interceding for this country. A lot of things have been averted because of prayers , which you and I may not know.
When issues like this comes up, the next thing is comparison with Martin Luther King and Desmond Tutu. People forget the fact that upon all the vocal campaigns of this two great men, things didn't just change like that. Believe it or not, back behind the scene there were people praying for things to change. I agree with you, It is natural if you are push to the world you turn back and face the challenge because no where to run. It has been in record that freedom fighters are usually not good leaders, because people expects much from them when they come into power and they are trapped by the very thing they preached against.
There is really nothing much they can achieve, because the character of the leaders are the reflection of the people they govern. If there is something to be changed, I think it is the ideology. People need to be influenced by the right people and that's what I am talking about.
Instead of denting your image by coming out to contest for a position which for sure you will not win( ask others that tried), concentrate on fulfilling your calling by preaching the right words that will build the entire nation and give a national ideology. I still say it, to contest for President as a Pastor is a demotion. Some may argue this, but you should know that[b] some were "sent" while others just "went"[/b] and either way God is still happy with both, but their results are certainly different.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by ElRazur: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2010
One of the greediest and cunning man in Nigeria eyes the presidency position non-shocker!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by otokx(m): 10:11pm On Feb 20, 2010
Is this not a case of being quoted out of context?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by ElRazur: 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2010
otokx:

Is this not a case of being quoted out of context?

Three or four parapgraphs of his own words. . . out of context? Hmmm I hear you. Lmao.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Beaf: 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2010
Pk001:

I dont really like threading words on this platform, all I try to do is to air my views. First of all the way you sounded by saying "so called men of God" shows that [size=14pt]you don't really believe there are men of God in this country[/size]. If that is your view, i guess you are wrong. Have you ever imagine how this country would have been if men of God weren't interceding for this country. A lot of things have been averted because of prayers , which you and I may not know.
When issues like this comes up, the next thing is comparison with Martin Luther King and Desmond Tutu. People forget the fact that upon all the vocal campaigns of this two great men, things didn't just change like that. Believe it or not, back behind the scene there were people praying for things to change. I agree with you, It is natural if you are push to the world you turn back and face the challenge because no where to run. It has been in record that freedom fighters are usually not good leaders, because people expects much from them when they come into power and they are trapped by the very thing they preached against.
There is really nothing much they can achieve, because the character of the leaders are the reflection of the people they govern. If there is something to be changed, I think it is the ideology. People need to be influenced by the right people and that's what I am talking about.
Instead of denting your image by coming out to contest for a position which for sure you will not win( ask others that tried), concentrate on fulfilling your calling by preaching the right words that will build the entire nation and give a national ideology. I still say it, to contest for President as a Pastor is a demotion. Some may argue this, but you should know that[b] some were "sent" while others just "went"[/b] and either way God is still happy with both, but their results are certainly different.

You got that right! 99% of them are demons who milk the poor and vulnerable to finance extravagant lifstyles. We don't want one of these dishonest, heartless leaches as our president.
True men and women of God cater for the poor like Fela, Gani, Aminu Kano, our very own Aisha2 etc.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by ElRazur: 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2010
Beaf:

You got that right! 99% of them are demons who milk the poor and vulnerable to finance extravagant lifstyles. We don't want one of these dishonest, heartless leaches as our president.
True men and women of God cater for the poor like Fela, Gani, Aminu Kano, our very own Aisha2 etc.

In addition to that.

Jesus never had a jet, or equivalent of one during his time.

Jesus never involved in politics like some of these men of God are lately.

Jesus never operated a business like church etc.

But I guess Christianity these days is different from what Jesus taught back then. Praise da lord.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by mamagee3(f): 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
Tunde Bakare can continue dreaming in his own world of fantasy.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2010
I will vote him in a breath. At least, he isn't as useless as the same bunch of keyboard experts here who aren't there campaigning and fighting for the country whenever anything requires the attention and presence of true Nigerians. Who the F will I vote if Tunde Bakare cant get my vote? Pastor E Adeboye? grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by ElRazur: 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2010
aasog:

I will vote him in a breath. At least, he isn't as useless as the same bunch of keyboard experts here who aren't there campaigning and fighting for the country whenever anything requires the attention and presence of true Nigerians. Who the F will I vote if Tunde Bakare cant get my vote? Pastor E Adeboye? grin

Yeah you vote for him on the basis he led a protest? Jesus wept! So if there is another candidate who is better than him, but didn't go on the protest. . . I guess he gets your vote right? Jezz. Nigeria will forever remain behind. grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2010
mama-gee:

Tunde Bakare can continue dreaming in his own world of fantasy.
this same way chris okotie of fresh party fantansize himself to become president.tb joshua will soon join them,
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by aloyemeka2: 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2010
He has my vote.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by ElRazur: 11:12pm On Feb 20, 2010
aloy-emeka:

He has my vote.

Your vote is your power, use it wisely. In that case, on what grounds did he have your vote?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2010
aloy-emeka:

He has my vote.
lol
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by proudly9ja(m): 2:03am On Feb 21, 2010
I think we should try and take sentiments out of this. I don't know Tunde Bakare personally but I follow his teachings and if there has been anyone that has been consistent, I can confidently say he is the one. He is also a man who doesn't find it difficult to say he is wrong when the situation calls for it.

As for men of God going into politics, I also do not see anything wrong in it at all. Like I said on other threads, some of th egreatest freedom fighters were Men of God. From Moses, and even down to our time - Tutu, Martin Luther King and I just read about Rev Billy Graham too. So saying men of God shouldn't go into politics, my question is, who then should go into politics?

As for Tunde Bakare and Aso rock, I think I can trust Tunde Bakare if he comes out tomorow and says he wants to run for presidency. Trust in the sense that I believe he won't be doing it because of the lust for power, but because he is led to contest.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2010
must you hold a title in a religious circle before you are being lablled man of God? There're so many men of God out there that are neither imams or pastors.
The best service to God is service to humanity.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by yeswecan(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2010
ElRazur:

In addition to that.

Jesus never had a jet, or equivalent of one during his time.

Jesus never involved in politics like some of these men of God are lately.

Jesus never operated a business like church etc.

But I guess Christianity these days is different from what Jesus taught back then. Praise da lord.

LOOOOOOOOL
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by marvix(m): 3:15am On Feb 22, 2010
Pk pastor Bakare does not believe his prayers anymore dats y he has decided 2 solve Nigeria's problem by himself that was y he led a protest against a sick man he should have been prayin for and now eyein d presidency and belittlin his position as a pastor called by God what a shame.
When did Martin Luther King becom d model for men of God or Desmond Tutu d role model I expect my men of God to be lik is Jesus, who started wit prayer and ended with prayer.
His plans 4 d presidency is a dead issue on arrival not even wit all d votes he is gettin here
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! by EzeUche(m): 3:31am On Feb 22, 2010
That is why I have a problem with preachers pimping Christ!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Africa Is Behind The World. / Breaking News: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger Bridge / Let's Get One Thing Clear: Boko Haram Is An INTERNATIONAL Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.