Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,027 members, 7,845,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) (23501 Views)

Drama As Obasanjo Rejects Front Row Seat At Afreximbank Abuja Meeting – Photo / Killings: Miyetti Allah Rejects Calls For Service Chiefs Sacking / Before Vs Now: El-rufai On Restructuring Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by drizzymadbet(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
Alikote:
really but we have more southerners in federal civil service with imo as the highest ,we have more southerner in northern university studing and working ...infact the economic properity of nigeria is 65 perecent enjoyed by southerner go to Market in the north and see how ibo are chooping money

Keep deceiving yourself, go and get ur facts straight, north is afraid of restructuring, QED
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Chukwudi4naija(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
konoplyanka:

fools like you bring tribalism to every thread.

Yoruba are the championship of restructuring. the earlier you realised that the politicians who are benefitting from the status quo from all tribes and regions the closer to curing your ignorance.
English championship. Continue
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Smooyis(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
Whoever says restructuring is not the way is blind to the truth. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by shineeye1: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Baba Obasanjo has always been a sophisticated political gamer. Obasanjo will sacrifice anything, including his Conscience, to maintain contemporary political relevance.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by konoplyanka: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
IloveTrump:

OK, why are your people against it now.? is it that they have two mouth, say this today tomorrow they against it?
so only obadanjo is the whole Yoruba people?

what of ebonyin and IMO state governors that are against it. should I say all IBO's are against restructuring?
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by aku626(m): 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
he hasn't said anything meaningful? waste of data, saying we should continue the way things are... there're no minds to restructure in this country when there is a change then people can restructure their minds after. Let the states be autonomous, federal character isn't working.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Basic123: 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
bigpicture001:
the last time on exactly this topic..i threw a challenge to obj haters on nairaland to specifically name three ways obj destroyed nigeria...and I never saw a reply....ok..lemme assume you were not on that trend..plz guy can you tell me three ways obj destroys nigeria during his time in office...plz I beg you..am a history student..i want to learn..but if after waiting for 24 hours, you cant send it,then you should stop calling the man names...nd try to blame shift cuz I knw most nigerians are just luking for where to help thier blames on.thank you
majority of them are yIGBO(s).

you know they lack anything similar to tinubu and obasanjo in their villages.Na just jealous.Monitor there activities wella,those attacking obasanjo are the one attacking tinubu.

THEY USE MOUTH FOR EVERY THING.WHEN YOU ASK FOR EVIDENCE,FACTS OR FIGURES.THEY MAY REPLY YOU WITH EWEDU PICTURES!
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by vRendoh(m): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
It is understandable that persons with huge assets in ' unfamiliar ' zones or regions should there be restructure will not support restructuring. All the cries is about protecting your own.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
Basic123:

Exactly jare my logical friend

Like ekweremadu sold southeast to saraki.

Like PDP sold southeast to the ijaws GEJ

Like PDP sold southeast to FFK and Fayose.

Not really. Ekweremadu robbed APC of the Dep SP slot. E still dey pain them cheesy

Ijaw GEJ came out after Yar'Adua died. No vex na constitution cause am. If e still dey pain you go romance tiger tongue

FFK and Fayose have won Federal election? News to me!

They say stop smoking that thing, you no gree grin

Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Basic123: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
EasyWork001:

Not really. Ekweremadu robbed APC of the Dep SP slot. E still dey pain them cheesy

Ijaw GEJ came out after Yar'Adua died. No vex na constitution cause am. If e still dey pain you go romance tiger tongue

FFK and Fayose have won Federal election? News to me!

They say stop smoking that thing, you no gree grin
The same way yIGBO race they wail on tinubu since he sent their master ijaw,GEJ and his super-slaves ,okonjo iweala,stella odua,anyim pius anyim back to their villages in 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Christianobinna: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
Cyynthia:

Unity is not by force.
correct

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by mmmnaija: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
UNITY IS NOT BY FORCE
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by emmaitive(m): 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nsogbu1992:
WHAT IS OBASANJO??
ordinary dust
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
Basic123:
You will say why is obasanjo afraid of restructuring?

if you want to know stand of yorubas,consult afenifere.
Restructuring favours yorubas more than any tribe.You
dont wonder why yorubas are granted self-rule before
other regions in 1957 and was the fastest growing
region in Africa as at independence!

The only region afraid of restructuring in Nigeria is the
north.Infact,most yorubas support breakup.we only
attack you guys because of nnamdi kanu statements
like this:

Eyah, poor snowflake. So tender and butthurt

Don't worry, Kanu will apologize, y'hear? No cry again
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Basic123: 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
emmaitive:
ordinary dust
like every human being
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Christianobinna: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ijaya123:
Restructuring of mentality should take place first. If not, nothing changes.
it is the structure of the country that gave the people their mentality
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by ODVanguard: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
IloveTrump:
why are Yoruba's so much afraid of restructuring? it is that they can't harness what ever they have in their states to pay salaries and build infrastructures?. these people are so lazy, only know how to drive taxi.

Thunder fire your dirty mouth there you biafrat fowl. Rochas and governor of Umahi of Ebonyi wey talk say dem no want restructuring be Yorubas abi??

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/dont-need-restructuring-nigeria-okorocha/

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/29/ebonyi-biafra-restructuring-governor-umahi/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by IloveTrump(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
konoplyanka:

so only obadanjo is the whole Yoruba people?

what of ebonyin and IMO state governors that are against it. should I say all IBO's are against restructuring?
Soyinka, tinubu and all the sw governors and those who represent the entire sw in this forum.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Basic123: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
EasyWork001:

Eyah, poor snowflake. So tender and butthurt
Don't worry, Kanu will apologize, y'hear? No cry again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Wallade(m): 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nsogbu1992:
every individual has a right to self determination. While I am not in support of disintegration, I strongly condemn anybody who insists that unity is by force. Every human should have a right to choose his or her destiny. Nevertheless, what Nigeria needs is complete RESTRUCTURING. Even in the United States where we borrowed our democracy from, they practice complete federalism. Everybody is allowed to speak their mind. But in Nigeria, a particular group dictates what happens in the country without contributing a dime to the economy . And yet, they get the biggest share from the so called budget. I will see what Nigeria will do when oil eventually becomes useless worldwide. From the bottom of my heart, I condemn anybody who insists on robbing peter to pay Paul.

Can you recite the Nigerian National Anthem, meditate on it for some time and then conceptualize UNITY in the context of the advocates of One-Nigeria.

Listen carefully: you can't appreciate the need for a united Nigeria if you don't understand unity. The event that people are united doesn't mean they don't have differences and disagreements but they resolved to be united despite the differences.
A bunch of broom gets weaker when broken into several bunches, so much that some bunches broken-out of the main bunch can't effectively perform the functions of a broom.

I stand to be corrected, if you can't unite in Nigeria you will not be able to unite in Biafra. Unity is a function of the mind; a resolution to stay together come what may; a marriage of different persons with common goals that can be achieved effectively together(as one).

I am an advocate of One-Nigera and restructuring of Nigeria. It is important for each state to control, develop and mine her resources and ultimately contribute to the federal government. In essence, power should be decentralized and government arms closer to the people should be more equipped with resources to improve and develop Nigeria. Revenue sharing formula should change - Local governments should take most revenue, state governments should take more and federal government should the rest.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by Basic123: 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
IloveTrump:

Soyinka, tinubu and all the sw governors and those who represent the entire sw in this forum.
seriously...yIGBOs and MOUTH

BRING EVIDENCE PLEASE.....NO EWEDU PICTURES,JUST FACTS
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by badera: 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
Biafra obasajom,talking
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by franudi: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
This man has nothing to say,he is still seeking relevance after ruling this country more than every other citizen.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by IloveTrump(m): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
ODVanguard:

Thunder fire your dirty mouth there you biafrat fowl. Rochas and governor of Umahi of Ebonyi wey talk say dem no want restructuring be Yorubas abi??

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/dont-need-restructuring-nigeria-okorocha/

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/29/ebonyi-biafra-restructuring-governor-umahi/
I m from bayelsa o. the state that lays the golden egg and feed the entire Yoruba's land.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by IloveTrump(m): 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
Basic123:
seriously...yIGBOs and MOUTH

BRING EVIDENCE PLEASE.....NO EWEDU PICTURES,JUST FACTS
why will I bring evidence, while we already see one.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by ODVanguard: 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
IloveTrump:

I m from bayelsa o. the state that lays the golden egg and feed the entire Yoruba's land.

I don't give a fvck where you are from, you are still a fool if you can accuse Yoruba's of being lazy (ironic coming from a supposed bayelsan tout) and being against restructuring when they have always been at the forefront of the agitation since independence. Even your Abok.i lords acknowledged this and even called it a 'Yoruba agenda'.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/restructuring-nigeria-yoruba-agenda-yakasai/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by jaxxy(m): 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
drizzymadbet:
Those who are beneficiaries of the present political structure would never wish for the rearrangement and realignment of the status quo. Thats to tell you how foolish and self centered our leaders can be.

Northerners are the current beneficiaries of this status quo and they would ensure nothing like restructuring or even disintegration sees the light of the day. They have the president, they have the numbers at the national assembly, they are united on national issues so we from the 5 percenters should go f*0*k ourselves, our Lord's the 97 percenters have spoken.

Nigeria lost it when it's citizens lost the spirit of nationalism, in America and other developed climes, you hear them consider what's best for the country before party lines and tribal lines...

Nigeria is so messed up

Truth is obasanjo made a valid point. Define Restructuring? U will here so may definayions and views and alot maybe divergent meaning at d wnd if the day will wont be able to satisfy everyone and end up asking for another kind of restructuring.

Until we have a clear and unified definition on restructuring by all concerned it is dangerous to venture into it. East has there definition, North has theirs same with west and south. Lets know wat exactly we are restructuring cos many people shouting restructuring don't even yet know wat they are talking about.

The Alternative is to build a country thats all inclusive thats all obasanjo has said.
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by chinonye82: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
the only reason why i believe in biafra is bcoz there is no equal right in nigeria due to the nonsense called majority/minority,should we die bcoz we are of the so calld minorits?
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by bigpicture001: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=Basic123 post=59841980]
majority of them are yIGBO(s).

you know they lack anything similar to tinubu and obasanjo in their villages.Na just jealous.Monitor there activities wella,those attacking obasanjo are the one attacking tinubu.

THEY USE MOUTH FOR EVERY THING.WHEN YOU ASK FOR EVIDENCE,FACTS OR FIGURES.THEY MAY REPLY YOU WITH EWEDU PICTURES![/qu for ote. for me, tinubu shouldn't be praised for anything he is the defination of coruption alongside atiku
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by sapele914(m): 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
Cyynthia:
Disintegration is the only answer.
Anybody waiting for this country to be restructured is seriously wasting his time.
Una go wait tire.
How naive and stupid,it's like saying suicide is the only answer?sometimes I wonder if some of these kids have parents?
Re: Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) by IloveTrump(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
ODVanguard:

I don't give a fvck where you are from, you are still a fool if you can accuse Yoruba's of being lazy (ironic coming from a supposed bayelsan tout) and being against restructuring when they have always been at the forefront of the agitation since independence. Even your Abok.i lords acknowledged this and even called it a 'Yoruba agenda'.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/restructuring-nigeria-yoruba-agenda-yakasai/

you dumb like a rock.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Before CCB For Assets Declaration (Pictures) / “Ezekwesili, Others Deserve To Be Sent To Nuremberg” - FFK / Fashola: Buhari Has Done More Than US Govt In Terms Of Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.