Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,390 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Do You Believe There Is Satan? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe There Is Satan? (1738 Views)

Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born / What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe There Is Satan? by wirinet(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2010
Deep Sight:

Nobody has ever addressed these questions for me on this Forum.

In philosophical terms any multidude of causes cannot be traceable to a further multitude. I am certain that that is inconceivable under the principles of cause and effect and i dare say mathematics. It rather makes sense to hold apparent causes as reducible in origin to a reducing number of causes and given that an infinite regress of causes is internally inconsistent with the very meaning of the term "Causation" - then we can only have ONEĀ  ultimate cause.
I must apologize for not being conversant with philosophy and philosophical argument, i tend to look at issues from a natural scientific point of view. So scientifically, a multitude of unrelated causes can give rise to another cause.

Lets take the sand dune example i posted above;
Sand dunes are caused by the interaction of sand and wind
Sand is caused by weathering of rocks by water (rain or flowing river) and wind.
Rain is caused by the sun, evaporating water from the oceans.
the water of the oceans was caused by chemical reactions from the early earth, by combining oxygen with hydrogen.

Also the causes of wind too has so many sub-causes. and each of the sub-causes has it own series of sub-causes.

So at the end the actual first cause of sand dunes will consist of numerous unrelated causes.

Deep Sight:

And even if the foregoing is flawed: which you will have to show me; then i may still ask what is wrong with regarding a multitude of Causes as God; afterall God is said to be Infinite and Compound, no?
Honestly, i have no problems with regarding all the aggregation of causes resulting in the universe we perceive today as God.

Deep Sight:

YOU are an atheist who is a non-materialist; as such i am surprised that you imagine the quality of Intelligence to be strictly contingent on matter.

But you as a Diest, is yet to tell us what you base your intelligence to be contingent upon. What do you mean by intelligence.

I tried to preempt you by putting up to pictures, as i suspect you will base intelligence based on aggregation and interpretation of patterns, found in the natural world.
Re: Do You Believe There Is Satan? by DeepSight(m): 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2010
wirinet:

Honestly, i have no problems with regarding all the aggregation of causes resulting in the universe we perceive today as God.

I rest on this.
Re: Do You Believe There Is Satan? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Yes, i do believe in SATAN. . . .any comment please? wink[/size]
toba:

Yes u do
Re: Do You Believe There Is Satan? by Zodiac61(m): 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Yes, i do believe in SATAN. . . .any comment please? wink[/size]
Good for you. say hello to him when you see him.

Just as there is certainly no god, there is no satan.
Re: Do You Believe There Is Satan? by Chetachuku(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2010
My friend bought a car with an SRS Airbag inscription on the steering wheel. I asked him,"is this airbag functional?" He looked at me with a lot of disdain and retorted, "I don't need to test the airbag"
Re: Do You Believe There Is Satan? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2010
Chetachuku:

My friend bought a car with an SRS Airbag inscription on the steering wheel. I asked him,"is this airbag functional?" He looked at me with a lot of disdain and retorted, "I don't need to test the airbag"

Whats this got to do with the topic?
Re: Do You Believe There Is Satan? by manmustwac(m): 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2010
if you believe there is a heaven and hell, that you have a spirit and soul and angels and demons and you believe in god then you'll believe in satan
Re: Do You Believe There Is Satan? by Chetachuku(m): 10:20am On Mar 25, 2010
babaearly:

Whats this got to do with the topic?
shocked shocked shocked If you speak a proverb and explain it, then , lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Illuminati 666, Book 2 / Music And Infinity / Catholic Nun Molested For A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.