Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race (22331 Views)

FFK And Stella Oduah Are Looking For This Boy With A Sonorous Voice / Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Jonathan: Stella Oduah Hates Me Up Till Today For Sacking Her As Aviation Minist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by lightblazingnow(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
Stella Oduah threatens to withdraw from Anambra guber race
nigeriatoday.ng

The senator representing Anambra North in the National Assembly and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant in the state, Stella Oduah, has threatened to withdraw from the party’s primaries slated for August 28, 2017.

In a press conference in Abuja on Friday, the senator alleged that Wednesday’s ward Congress in the state, was ‘hijacked by governors’.

The former Aviation Minister, however, did not name the PDP governors involved.

She explained that the result of the congress which produced three delegates per ward, who will then elect the party’s governorship candidate on Monday, August 28, not only lacked transparency but was doctored.

She therefore called for review of the delegates list.

“More fundamentally, the ward Congress for the three-man delegates per ward was a laughing venture. With manifest irregularity and sabotage, as if the case of hijacking this process was not enough, the ultimate result of the ward Congress which was subjected and submitted by the Secretary of the panel, was switched for a doctored result.

“This exercise violated all known principles of democratic practice. Several complaints have continued to trail the exercise as most party faithful are disgruntled and agitated.

“It is on this note I have written to the Chairman of my great party (Ahmed Makarfi) to tender my protest that unless this process is revisited, except this process is properly scrutinised, I may have to withdraw my candidacy.

“It is a system that has not been transparent. It has been hijacked by governors and that is totally unacceptable, undemocratic and unPDP. Imposition should have been what PDP would have learnt by now. We must present our Best 11,” she said.

The governorship aspirant also alleged that those who did not identify with the party’s struggle as well as others ‘out to cause mischief’ are allowed to contest Monday’s primary.

The other six aspirants billed to contest the primary include: Ifeanyi Uba, Alex Obiogolu, Oseloka Obaze, John Okechukwu Emeka, Akolisa Ufodike and Lynda Ikpeazu.

The governorship election is billed for November 18, 2017.

The lawmaker pointed out that she and some elders of the party in the state, kept the flag flying throughout the 14-month leadership tussle between Ahmed Makarfi and Ali Modu-Sheriff for the soul of the party.

http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/08/stella-oduah-threatens-to-withdraw-from-anambra-guber-race/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by lightblazingnow(m): 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2017
A good house depends on the builders, PDP couldn't be furnished except there is a change of the handlers

I still see APC coasting home to victory come 2019

Tell me if I am wrong

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Ohammadike: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
Who is even begging you

9 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Larwin(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2017
undecided

1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Okoroawusa: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
I laughed when she said that imposition of candidates n doctoring of delegates list is "unPDP".

Them don start again.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Young03(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Even the rats in Aso rock don't give a fück if u withdraw

21 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by HumanistMike(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
Who is she threatening?

Is she threatening to withdraw bullet proof cars she gifted the party?

She isn't so important. She's just a regular politician that's relevant due to her gender.

She can only throw her weight around her female competition. They all fight for the female quota.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
And who's stopping Mrs. Bmw 7 forty feezy? grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
The coming back of fayose and co. It won't survive this second time. Let them keep it up. Internal democracy my asss.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by osemoses1234(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nah dem sabi
Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Bolustical: 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
RottenTomato:
Buhari, you will suffer! You shall know no peace! angry

Tinubu, you'll never go unpunished. The wrath of nature will decend on your bulging eyes and pluck them off!
Na wa o,

See frustration

Anyways, we know where your likes are from.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Bolustical: 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
lightblazingnow:
It is a system that has not been transparent. It has been hijacked by governors and that is totally unacceptable, undemocratic and unPDP. Imposition should have been what PDP would have learnt by now. We must present our Best 11,” she said.

Same way the Ministry of Aviation under your reins was very TRANSPARENT when purchasing bullet proof BMW cars with hard earned monies of Nigerian tax payers,

Madam, swerve jor.

14 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Narldon: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2017

ONE PERSON AS..

SENATOR REPRESENTING ANAMBRA-NORTH

AND NOW...

GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRANT

ALL I SEE IS GREED..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
RottenTomato:

Tinubu, you'll never go unpunished. The wrath of nature will decend on your bulging eyes and pluck them off!
are you OK?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by LoveJesus87(m): 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
G
Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by winkmart: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
See this one
Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by gberra: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
She don dey fear cheesy . Gej your sugar daddy who could have assured you the party's ticket is gone.
Funny how a woman that was sent out of her matrimonial home for promiscuity wants to govern a state..

5 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by LordKO(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
In the game of politics, the loser's will always have their say while the winner's have their way. She should stop acting like a neophyte in the game.
Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by eminikansoso(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
RottenTomato:

hunger badddddddddddddd
chai

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by RottenTomato: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Bawsse(m): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nde oshi

Na dem dem, when she finally withdraws then I can take her seriously

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by Almaiga: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
RottenTomato:

A WAILER spotted. tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by marhoinspire: 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
APC is not good but PDP is worst.

APC all the way.
May God grant Buhari good health to complete his 8years.
Nigeria must be great again

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by yemiprogress(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
RottenTomato:

Whats wrong with your father's brain?
What has this issue got to do with Buhari and Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Threatens To Withdraw From Anambra Guber Race by MOHSHESHI(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=RottenTomato post=59847009]Buhari, you will suffer! You shall know no peace! angry

Tinubu, you'll never go unpunished. The wrath of nature will decend on your bulging eyes and pluck them off! Uhmnn c how gullible u are

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is Using Jonathan’s Ideas To Fight Corruption – APC Rep, Olasupo / Fashola Performs Umrah In Saudi Arabia(pics) / Hausa And Fulani? What Is The Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.