Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) (542 Views)

Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by lonikit: 7:45am On Aug 27, 2017
Isaiah 4:1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by Hier(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2017
in context, not out of context

Evidently, somethings led to that utterance.

When you post the rest, am sorry

I think its said, no prophecy is of private interpretation.

You don't interpretate because its written, you interpret because you know the author, who knows the intent or the reason he wrote what He wrote. Evidently, Holy Men wrote, men wrote what they are carried to say and someone wrote it, ask Baruch, he did a good job, twale to the Host of Heaven.

What did I forget to say

yea, controversial posts as this get to FP for a reason I disagree with
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by Hier(m): 8:02am On Aug 27, 2017
2 Peter 1

20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, b 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God c spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by AK6464(m): 8:06am On Aug 27, 2017
I think its just an expression that women will be like 7 times less in number than men.
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by lonikit: 8:12am On Aug 27, 2017
Hier:
in context, not out of context

Evidently, somethings led to that utterance.

When you post the rest, am sorry

I think its said, no prophecy is of private interpretation.

You don't interpretate because its written, you interpret because you know the author, who knows the intent or the reason he wrote what He wrote. Evidently, Holy Men wrote, men wrote what they are carried to say and someone wrote it, ask Baruch, he did a good job, twale to the Host of Heaven.

What did I forget to say

yea, controversial posts as this get to FP for a reason I disagree with

I don't really understand the point u are making sir. make me understand
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by vaxx: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2017
first of all, the believe of judgemental God and non existing devil steal your future.

you are the architect of your own life. whatever you want that will pleases you go ahead to have it. so far it will not harm the environment in which you are part. marry more than one if it pleases you. stick to one if it will cause harm. live your life with no regret. your ori is the most important (inner mind).
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by lonikit: 11:32am On Aug 27, 2017
vaxx:
first of all, the believe of judgemental God and non existing devil steal your future.

you are the architect of your own life. whatever you want that will pleases you go ahead to have it. so far it will not harm the environment in which you are part. marry more than one if it pleases you. stick to one if it will cause harm. live your life with no regret. your ori is the most important (inner mind).
are u an atheist??
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by lonikit: 11:32am On Aug 27, 2017
AK6464:
I think its just an expression that women will be like 7 times less in number than men.
alryt sir
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by vaxx: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2017
lonikit:

are u an atheist??
I do not sound like an atheist. why do you pick me for one? am an African that chooses to follow my ori( inner mind) instead of white men.
Re: The Teaching Of One Man, One Wife; I Dont Understand This Portion (quotation) by Hier(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
lonikit:

I don't really understand the point u are making sir. make me understand

okay, I felt you were an atheist.

But if you want the interpretation, Sunday morning is quite not really a good time as many post from this section are been moved to FP.

I got to church and I took a look at the verse you quoted and I realised that the chapter that followed it was about judgement on the Jerusalem and Judah and you Need to understand that the Bible was not written and at the same time when they were written, they entered the chapter and verses division. It was for easy assess that chapters and verses are included.

It's like I wrote an article and at the same time, am adding verses and chapters at the same time. Its impossible, I really don't know you, so giving you some facts which might lead to further questions is what I won't like been caught doing now.

As I mentioned earlier, it was Gods judgement not necessary a prophecy of what would happen in this generation like many thing it to be.

Some verses of the Bible were written to address some specific situation in those days

(1) (Reply)

54 Countries Represented At Shiloh 2017 - #ANewDawn / Pastor Adeboye Has Not Declared Days Of Fasting / 2018: Major Distractions To Avoid This New Year - The PLAN de GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.