Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK (1842 Views)

Why US Is Mulling Visa Ban On Nigeria, By Diplomatic Sources / Lady Slammed For Paying For Her Kids To Sit Comfortably In A Bus / The Largest L G A In Nigeria By Land Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Yupng: 8:13am On Aug 27, 2017
I want to address the issue of travelling out of Nigeria at all cost. I think is high time we give this a serious consideration. Many Nigerians just want to migrate abroad without prior consideration of the possible effect it might bring to their life.

Let me start by saying, life is a journey of self and no one is in competition with the other. That is to say, we are all different and unique in our own way. We all have a reason for being here and a purpose assigned to our life.

Because Obinna migrated to Canada and became successful, does not necessarily mean same will happen for Tolu or Danjuma. We all have distinctive inherent gifts and ability which are programmed in us to enable us to fulfil our divine purpose here on earth.

Success is relative to one's purpose and to find fulfilment in life, is far beyond materialism. Do not waste your life time moving around like a nomad. Some people are so impatient and always in a hurry to find an alternative route in the face of slight difficulties.

First, it took you almost 5 years to finally get your US visa and afterwards, took you another 5 years to finally settle in California and start a family. The moment you notice your job can not cover your bills anymore, you began another plan to relocate to Canada or Europe. Then Canada it is. Now in Canada, you started all over again and also begin to notice the system taxation is killing and raising a family is challenging. You are now contemplating on either relocating back to the states or even going back to Nigeria to either start a business or kick off a new career.

The reason why you faced with such a dilemma is that your decisions are not purpose driven, but rather societal driven. The moment a man discovers himself and align himself with his purpose, he becomes careful with his choices and decisions. Do not follow the crowd, but rather, find you, do you and fulfil your God given purpose here on earth.

Almost every Nigerian youth want to zoom out of the country. They believe life is rosier and more colourful out there. But I tell you, life is same everywhere. People are always in a constant struggle to survive and wealth is in the hand of a few. The majority are broke, even in America (your dream land).

What most Nigerians abroad enjoy is the high standard of living and well-structured system, but this also comes with a cost. You will pay through your nose and often times, the system will leave you indebted and frustrated.

This is not to discourage anyone that has decided to pursue their destiny outside the shores of this great country, but rather to encourage careful thought process and let your decision to migrate be well grounded and in alignment with your vision and purpose in life.

Don't just wake up one morning and carry your bag and decide you want to travel abroad. You are much more valuable than you think. Find you, do you and live fulfilled.

Obi Frank
source: www.yup.ng

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Nutase: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2017
shocked
Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 27, 2017
Anakogheri.
if you have visa, travel!
21 yo boys with 4 plots of land and 1 duplex.
works in a restaurant in the UK.
No it's not me, he was my class mate.
I have multiple plots here on Nairaland.
I never fail to travel In my sleep.

14 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Partnerbiz3: 8:43am On Aug 27, 2017
I had a lecturer whose wife is in NY with a kid.

He got 4 masters and a phd, having studied in Nigeria, Sweden, Canada and the US.

He has been lecturing in UNN. He travels to the States during holidays

I often wonder why came back to Nigeria Instead of settling down over there.

Could anyone give a reason?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by elijah101(m): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2017
Mr ... Get sense .. You said his wife and kid are in the us ... He don settle down already ...Why him no bring him pikin come here or wife .. the wife probably also has a good job over there , he has already settled everything about his life , now he is just having fun .. 4 masters and a phd .....wetin remain again ..
Partnerbiz3:

He got 4 masters and a phd, having studied in Nigeria, Sweden, Canada and the US.

He has been lecturing in UNN. He travels to the States during weekends.

7 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by abouzaid: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2017
even Ghana is better than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by noscarn91(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

He has been lecturing in UNN. He travels to the States during weekends.

4 masters degree ?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Magdagascariens: 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
cc

5 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
noscarn91:

4 masters degree ?

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Sherman1759: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

He has been lecturing in UNN. He travels to the States during holidays

They came back to enjoy the money in naira. For example 500dollars can do more here in Nigeria than abroad you get use 20k dollars here start building for village while there you definitely can't.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by queendoreez(f): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Anakogheri. if you have visa, travel! 21 yo boys with 4 plots of land and 1 duplex. works in a restaurant in the UK. No it's not me, he was my class mate. I have multiple plots here on Nairaland. I never fail to travel In my sleep.
L M A O!!
Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Soteriahascome: 12:12am On Aug 31, 2017
Even Cotonou is far better than your gaint of Africa.

Anybody way get visa should travel abeg. even boys from Afghanistan dey buy lands here mtcheeew corrupted nigeria
Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Ugosample(m): 4:30am On Sep 10, 2017
Yupng:
I want to address the issue of travelling out of Nigeria at all cost. I think is high time we give this a serious consideration. Many Nigerians just want to migrate abroad without prior consideration of the possible effect it might bring to their life.

Let me start by saying, life is a journey of self and no one is in competition with the other. That is to say, we are all different and unique in our own way. We all have a reason for being here and a purpose assigned to our life.

Because Obinna migrated to Canada and became successful, does not necessarily mean same will happen for Tolu or Danjuma. We all have distinctive inherent gifts and ability which are programmed in us to enable us to fulfil our divine purpose here on earth.

Success is relative to one's purpose and to find fulfilment in life, is far beyond materialism. Do not waste your life time moving around like a nomad. Some people are so impatient and always in a hurry to find an alternative route in the face of slight difficulties.

First, it took you almost 5 years to finally get your US visa and afterwards, took you another 5 years to finally settle in California and start a family. The moment you notice your job can not cover your bills anymore, you began another plan to relocate to Canada or Europe. Then Canada it is. Now in Canada, you started all over again and also begin to notice the system taxation is killing and raising a family is challenging. You are now contemplating on either relocating back to the states or even going back to Nigeria to either start a business or kick off a new career.

The reason why you faced with such a dilemma is that your decisions are not purpose driven, but rather societal driven. The moment a man discovers himself and align himself with his purpose, he becomes careful with his choices and decisions. Do not follow the crowd, but rather, find you, do you and fulfil your God given purpose here on earth.

Almost every Nigerian youth want to zoom out of the country. They believe life is rosier and more colourful out there. But I tell you, life is same everywhere. People are always in a constant struggle to survive and wealth is in the hand of a few. The majority are broke, even in America (your dream land).

What most Nigerians abroad enjoy is the high standard of living and well-structured system, but this also comes with a cost. You will pay through your nose and often times, the system will leave you indebted and frustrated.

This is not to discourage anyone that has decided to pursue their destiny outside the shores of this great country, but rather to encourage careful thought process and let your decision to migrate be well grounded and in alignment with your vision and purpose in life.

Don't just wake up one morning and carry your bag and decide you want to travel abroad. You are much more valuable than you think. Find you, do you and live fulfilled.

Obi Frank
source: www.yup.ng

The pressure on the youth here to "make it" is what is causing it, and to a lesser degree lackof contentment

A youth with less of that pressure will be less likely to be desperate
Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 10, 2017
Soteriahascome:
Even Cotonou is far better than your gaint of Africa.

Anybody way get visa should travel abeg. even boys from Afghanistan dey buy lands here mtcheeew corrupted nigeria

Your terrible use of English is not helping your situation

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by elijah101(m): 11:15am On Sep 10, 2017
how did he use english in a terrible way now .. Ehnn .. Person cannot speak your moniker in peace abi !!! You just use everything resemble nigeria
Pidgin2:

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by celestialAgent(m): 11:39am On Sep 10, 2017
elijah101:
how did he use english in a terrible way now .. Ehnn .. Person cannot speak your moniker in peace abi !!! You just use everything resemble nigeria
The bolded is pure savage grin
Re: Don't Be A Fool, Sit Here In Nigeria - By OBI FRANK by Soteriahascome: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

You're a very stupid person...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List / Plane Appears To Have Crashed At Iyana Ipaja Lagos, Nigeria / Study And Visa Requirements For Austria ��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.