Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus (1253 Views)

If you drive in akure,how many litres of fuel will a pencil Camry consume from.. / My Car Consumes Too Much Fuel, Pls Help / Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus by sheu01: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
My 1999 toyota camry with mileage of 223711, Pls i want to know if the fuel efficiency is normal for 1999 toyota camry. i normally bought a fuel of 5000 for city ride of 135 miles per week. Is this normal. Pls Siena, Ikenna and car gurus, i need all of unah help. Thank you
Re: Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus by sheu01: 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
Pls help me ooo anybody in the house
Re: Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus by Eddee(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2019
sheu01:
My 1999 toyota camry with mileage of 223711, Pls i want to know if the fuel efficiency is normal for 1999 toyota camry. i normally bought a fuel of 5000 for city ride of 135 miles per week. Is this normal. Pls Sie.na, Ikenmna and car gurus, i need all of unah help. Thank you

I won't ask if its an i4 or V6 engine, I'll also assume it's city driving since you didn't specify. For a 20 year old car, mileage isn't that poor with regards to your engine's normal wear and tear coupled with our shitty fuel imho. 35 litres for 216 kms isn't very poor - But then again, it could be better, but I read somewhere earlier 'that if it ain't broke don't fix it'

Manage am in peace or scan and post codes, and be ready to spend some light change
Re: Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus by sheu01: 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
It's V4

1 Like

Re: Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus by Ikenna351(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2019
sheu01:
My 1999 toyota camry with mileage of 223711, Pls i want to know if the fuel efficiency is normal for 1999 toyota camry. i normally bought a fuel of 5000 for city ride of 135 miles per week. Is this normal. Pls Siena, Ikenna and car gurus, i need all of unah help. Thank you

Well, I have little or zero knowledge on Toyota. So, I am not in the best position to give you the answers you seek for (since you mentioned my name).

However, I would commend you for asking questions about your Vehicle, which will lead you to understand your car and how it works overtime. It also shows the value you place on your car, at least, your wallet.

On an important note, do not heed to the advice "If ain't broke, don't fix it." That's a ridiculous car maintenance belief system among majority of Nigerian Vehicle users. The best way of owing a vehicle and experiencing long trouble-free ownership of the vehicle is what I call

"PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE".

1. Would you prefer to wait till timing belt cuts, breaks or shred to pieces inside the timing chamber before you replace it? Do you know that timing belt failure can also ruin an entire Engine, not just the valves? Or would you prefer to replace the belt at recommended interval or mileage, even if the belt still looks new, at least, for piece of mind?

2. Would you prefer to wait till your Engine starts grinding or vehicle starts warning you of "dead or weak Engine oil warning" before you change the Engine oil (that is, if your vehicle have such warning gadget)? Or would you prefer to change the Engine oil at recommended interval or mileage, even if the oil still look new or the viscosity still feel ok?

3. Do you wait till check engine light pops or black smoke symptom appears before you diagnose your vehicle for high fuel consumption you felt may have gone higher than the car used to consume? Or do you do something about it to prevent the excess unburnt fuel from ruining the catalytic converter(s) or at least have piece of mind, even if the findings/diagnosis showed the consumption is normal?

The belief "Don't fix something that hasn't broken yet" maybe applied in other subjects, but when it comes to vehicles, you are calling for nightmares if you choose that belief. That's what majority do and also why Nigerian used Vehicles are not exported, because their killings or rapid death start as soon as they touch Nigerian soil.

Don't make yourself a victim and blame your car or other people for your poor choices.

Ikenna351 - Monk.

3 Likes

Re: Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus by sheu01: 8:29am On Nov 13, 2019
Thank u my bro Ikenna for your response

(1) (Reply)

. / Car Window Glasses Wind Up/down Sometimes When Car Is Off / Panel Beater Or A Good Auto Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.