Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Marriage Madness In Our Society - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Madness In Our Society (798 Views)

Is This Baby Shower Or Madness / What Is Our Society Turning To In Nigeria? / Subject Of Yahoo Boys In Our Society, Who And How Do We confront This monster? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Madness In Our Society by raystar96(m): 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
Have u all noticed how marriages are been celebrated or organised recently, the alarming cost of preparing for marriage makes young men want to remain bachelor's forever. To further makes matter worst the society and environment promote such wastage of money,what happens to life after marriage. Things wasn't like this in our society before ,but it just goes to show how fast our moral in the society is deteriorating . Marriage now looks scary....That's my opinion ....Am a free thinker ...what's your own opinion on this
Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by dingbang(m): 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
When I want to marry, I will marry.. Not the mindset of the society will stop me

1 Like

Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by divinehand2003(m): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
grin grin grin

The current trend will even continue to get worse as time goes on. Who doesn't want a fairytale wedding?
Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by braine(m): 12:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
True. Most couples do lavish weddings to impress people who won't even be there when the wedding debt piles up.
Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by Nutase: 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
angry
Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by raystar96(m): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
braine:
True. Most couples do lavish weddings to impress people who won't even be there when the wedding debt piles up.

I have a friend who is still paying his debt after like 2 years into marriage,
Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
raystar96:
I have a friend who is still paying his debt after like 2 years into marriage,
This is men's fault. Our men mostly think with their genitals, fvcking first then thinking (planning) later. Who forced them to get married. Their mommy?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by eyinjuege: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
All that is story
Young men are still getting married daily with little change in their pockets.
People do registry wedding everyday
They do parlour parties- engagement/traditional everyday, and that hasn't stopped their marriages from being successful.
They go for church blessings everyday, without all the stress of a full church wedding.
There are women out there ready to agree to that. Go for those women that are on the same page as you.

Don't get me wrong that I'm against high profile weddings or weddings that are expensive provided you or your family members can afford it.
But if you can't, there are other options.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by babythug(f): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
It's not a new trend and will remain on the earth long after we* all have exited!

It still boils down to individual choices and lifestyle!

Shikena

1 Like

Re: Marriage Madness In Our Society by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
I was at a wedding yday very simple and quick and the bride was even Igbo because people would insinuate Igbo wedding cost a lot, it depends on you the couple and the family. But I think the wedding was budgeted for 1.5m though

(1) (Reply)

17 Years Old Girl Siffering Fro. Depression Commits Succide / . / Reserve People :are You Getting Fair Treatment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.