Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy (27709 Views)

2019: MIYETTI ALLAH Splits Over President Buhari's Endorsement / 2019: North-West, South-West Lead In Voters Registration / 2019: North Wants Buhari, Even On Wheelchair –ACF Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by GeneralOjukwu: 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
Saraki a Yoruba man is now a Northerner grin grin grin

Very cunning Negro wink
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by SirImole(m): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
itiswellandwell:
Hmmmmmmm. If capital punishment is applicable for anyone's who embezzle our nationwealth. You wont see our leaders fighting for who to become next president like this. political post wont be that interesting at all.

Check my signature for your Customised ATM card shape flash drive and full capacity powerbank.

Are you saying they don't fight for presidency in developed countries?
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by itiswellandwell: 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2017
SirImole:

Are you saying they don't fight for presidency in developed countries?

They fight but it'ld definitely be people of great legacies that will be vying for the seat of presidency and not Nigeria where their interest lies on the wealth involved
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Anyone insisting Baba runs in 2019 is an enemy of state!

We are hoping he completes his first tenure throwing behind bars as many crooks as his health would allow him and some folks are busy rooting for him for another four years!

I have no doubt Ribadu can do this job as well.

These guys need to wake up and give reality a bear hug. angry

Hate speech!

Buhari must continue till 2023. Why do you folks hate our dear leader so much? Children of hate

Sai Baba!
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by emmasege: 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2017
bejeiodus:

So you naively think any politician can win the presidential poll without the support of the Northwest? Guy, you need to look at the results of the presidential elections that have been held since 1999.
Get your facts right, GEJ lost the north west and north east in 2011 and still won the contest. All that is required is to make sure Bubu does not get the 'monolithic ' vote from the region. The south has never been a favourable zone for him, save in 2015 in the case of the s/west where GEJ still challenged him anyway.

Yes, it's possible to win the presidency without the support of the n/west. Don't also forget that gaining 25% of the total votes cast in 24 states is also a constitutional requirement and the last time I checked the north west only comprises of 7 states. They need the rest of the country also, and it only takes an alliance of the south with the middle belt and the north east to stop them.
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by emmasege: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
bejeiodus:
Dankwambo is good but he lacks visibility. How many Southerners know Dankwambo? Even in the Northeast, he is not well known. Atiku will make a mince of him in the Northeast, not to talk of Buhari.
So you naively think any politician can win the presidential poll without the support of the Northwest? Guy, you need to look at the results of the presidential elections that have been held since 1999.
You are right to some extent about his visibility. It may not necessarily be him but somebody else from the north east or central. I mean it can't always be Hausa Fulani anytime the north wants to produce a candidate. Their bigotry and nepotism over the years are indicative of what to always expect from them. Besides, we need to break the yoke of "born to rule" in our land. We are all freeborns.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by successincentiv(m): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
So nobody in the south will contest
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by Quality20(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
north east n North West are basically one and same thing. Buhari won more percentage of votes in d north east as compared to the percentage votes he got in North West - only difference been that North West has more population.
Though buhari might not get d type of votes he got in 2015, but if d economic and living standards improve before 2019, then buhari could easily coast to victory - otherwise it's gonna be difficult except he is able to effectively use the incumbency factor to his advantage
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by FriendNG: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Saraki a Yoruba man is now a Northerner grin grin grin

Very cunning Negro wink

When did north becomes a tribe?
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by headhunter1: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:

We are hoping he completes his first tenure throwing behind bars as many crooks as his health would allow him and some folks are busy rooting for him for another four years!

[/s]
Shatap there and get out
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by GeneralOjukwu: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
FriendNG:

When did north becomes a tribe?

When have Yorubas become Northerners?
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by nenajanek: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2017
Buhari my foot. Atiku will win a bilion votes over him. 'Dead man walking' can never rule Nigeria again and nobody from Apc will smell the seat again. Nonsense party.
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by aku626(m): 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
Cheap youths very verbal cause money hasn't started flowing. Why must it be north don't we have better criterias to pick presidential candidates from the political party, any trust worthy person should be given the responsibility to represent the party. Let's find our beating first.
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by ottohan: 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
dre11:

•Atiku, Kwankwaso, Dankwambo, others eyeing ticket

•No one above 60 should contest -Area Youths

•Few people can’t dictate who leads us -Junaid Mohammed

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/08/2019-north-splits-buharis-candidacy/

There is confusion in the camp of the enemy grin
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
successincentiv:
So nobody in the south will contest

Who knows?

Apart from Fayose, we are not hearing much of others. Wonder why undecided

Check my signature if you want to send Bulk SMS to DND Numbers
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by Yusuf4: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
Who else noticed that our true leaders are Junaid Mohammed and Balarabe Musa. The only people I respect in my region
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by JudasIsCucumber: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
FriendNG:

You made me laugh. Your problem is NW? Then if you think campaign against NW will make Damkombo president then he will never be.

Kano alone is two million votes. He will also lose in the same northeast to Buhari.

South East and SS hate anything north. The North central will be divided likewise your region will support Yoruba than a Northerner.

if you think by hating NW is wat will giv him presidency then u beta change ur thinking b4 it is too late.
My dear u seems to don't knw anything abt SE , the only northerners we hate is ethnic/religious bigots like buhari, kwankwaso, el-rufai, we loved umaru musa yaradua, so if dankwabo comes out for presidency he has my 100% support, his performance alone, speaks volume and he is a moderate northener, otherwise will vote Tinubu he contests
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by wink2015(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
No matter how the politicians try to twist the process of electing a President for 2019 I think RESTRUCTURING will be a game changer. It will decides who win at the end of the day. For the first time in Nigeria, the majority of yorubas in south western Nigeria are beginning to support RESTRUCTURING, a situation which was very rare to be seen, rare to be noticed, rare to heard of. It is a new dawn for Nigeria by the yoruba action.

Any candidate that key into RESTRUCTURING and see to it full implementation will certainly carry the day to become President of Nigeria come 2019

Already, President Buhari refusal to accept restructuring plus is illhealth which no one is certain about will certainly drop his chances of winning the 2019 election.

President Buhari stubbornness has seen to the rising profile of the PDP that was almost pushed out of Nigerian political landscape.

PDP that was engrossed in crisis are now growing in confident to win the 2019 Presidential election. Thanks to President Buhari manner of approach to state matters.

President Buhari low point will be in the area of refusing agree to RESTRUCTURING of the Nigeria federal structure. True politician go out of their way to negotiate RESTRUCTURING but President Buhari throw away this opportunity and stuck to his guns.

PRESIDENT BUHARI WILL SOON MEET HIS OWN WATERLOO AT THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION COME 2019 AS POLITICIANS AND THE ELECTORATE WILL DENY HIM THE NEEDED VOTES TO COAST HIM TO VICTORY IF HE CHOOSES TO CONTEST AS A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES.
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by buske(m): 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
wink2015:
No matter how the politicians try to twist the process of electing a President for 2019 I think RESTRUCTURING will be a game changer. It will decides who win at the end of the day. For the first time in Nigeria, the majority of yorubas in south western Nigeria are beginning to support RESTRUCTURING, a situation which was very rare to be seen, rare to be noticed, rare to heard of. It is a new dawn for Nigeria by the yoruba action.

Any candidate that key into RESTRUCTURING and see to it full implementation will certainly carry the day to become President of Nigeria come 2019

Already, President Buhari refusal to accept restructuring plus is illhealth which no one is certain about will certainly drop his chances of winning the 2019 election.

President Buhari stubbornness has seen to the rising profile of the PDP that was almost pushed out of Nigerian political landscape.

PDP that was engrossed in crisis are now growing in confident to win the 2019 Presidential election. Thanks to President Buhari manner of approach to state matters.

President Buhari low point will be in the area of refusing agree to RESTRUCTURING of the Nigeria federal structure. True politician go out of their way to negotiate RESTRUCTURING but President Buhari throw away this opportunity and stuck to his guns.

PRESIDENT BUHARI WILL SOON MEET HIS OWN WATERLOO AT THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION COME 2019 AS POLITICIANS AND THE ELECTORATE WILL DENY HIM THE NEEDED VOTES TO COAST HIM TO VICTORY IF HE CHOOSES TO CONTEST AS A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES.
I fully concur bro
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by ilevic(m): 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
It's to know that some of them may not live to see even 2018. Not wishing them evil tho just thinking weird
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by Charly68: 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
How many of those names can fight corruption in the country ..I beg if Hausa has no good candidate they should leave the stage for other tribes to field in correct man
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by fk001(m): 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2017
malton:
There was never a time when the North was as divided as it is now, at least in recent memory.

I see cracks everywhere I look.

Among all the potential candidates being touted, I have yet to see any that is capable of pulling massive votes across the northern states like Buhari did in 2015. Not even Buhari himself can replicate that any more.

Most parts of the middlebelt (Benue, Plateau, parts of Nasarawa, Kogi, Taraba, S. Kaduna, etc.) are beginning to see the core northerners as not their people. Besides, I doubt they'd want to experience a Fulani menace with backing from the FG any longer.

This is a great opportunity for the southern part of Nigeria to present a united front. Unfortunately, the Southerners are a lot more divided than the northerners are.

If the PDP is serious about winning back the presidency, then they should present a middle-beltan with good acceptability in the South. That's assuming that the candidate has to be from the north. They should not make the mistake of picking an Atiku, Kwankwaso, or Dankwambo, of whom the only sellable person is Dankwambo. Issue with him is, I doubt the middlebelt and South would want him.

I typed this while watching CHEEVE, pardon me if e no make sense. I nor dey concentrate. cheesy

Thank God you know what you typed was out of point
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by FriendNG: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
JudasIsCucumber:

My dear u seems to don't knw anything abt SE , the only northerners we hate is ethnic/religious bigots like buhari, kwankwaso, el-rufai, we loved umaru musa yaradua, so if dankwabo comes out for presidency he has my 100% support, his performance alone, speaks volume and he is a moderate northener, otherwise will vote Tinubu he contests

Which one is moderate northerner? Dankombo will lose take it to the bank. Who even know him in the north.

You're liars you don't love Umaru Musa Yaradua. You pray for him to die. Igbo post on Nairaland are still on record.

Kwankwaso is the man. Nothing like bigot about Kwankwaso.

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by Ugosample(m): 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
FriendNG:

You made me laugh. Your problem is NW? Then if you think campaign against NW will make Damkombo president then he will never be.

Kano alone is two million votes. He will also lose in the same northeast to Buhari.

South East and SS hate anything north. The North central will be divided likewise your region will support Yoruba than a Northerner.

if you think by hating NW is wat will giv him presidency then u beta change ur thinking b4 it is too late.

You are talking story

A person from the NE will defeat one from the NW in Nigeria's politics, especially if his vice is from the South East.

You think 25% of 24 states plus FCT is easy to get right?

In 2019, nobody from the NW would likely win the presidency

The only slim Chance is if the person is not Hausa or Fulani.

May you be alive to witness this
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by Ugosample(m): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
FriendNG:

Which one is moderate northerner? Dankombo will lose take it to the bank. Who even know him in the north.

You're liars you don't love Umaru Musa Yaradua. You pray for him to die. Igbo post on Nairaland are still on record.

Kwankwaso is the man. Nothing like bigot about Kwankwaso.

The Igbos did not have Yar adua
he received a lot of votes from there remember

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by Ugosample(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
bejeiodus:
Dankwambo is good but he lacks visibility. How many Southerners know Dankwambo? Even in the Northeast, he is not well known. Atiku will make a mince of him in the Northeast, not to talk of Buhari.

A presidential candidate can win Without north west

Jonathan did so in 2011

25% vote in 24 states plus majority vote is enough to win the election

The last time I checked, the NW is not up to 10 states

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by FriendNG: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ugosample:

You are talking story

A person from the NE will defeat one from the NW in Nigeria's politics, especially if his vice is from the South East.

You think 25% of 24 states plus FCT is easy to get right?

In 2019, nobody from the NW would likely win the presidency

The only slim Chance is if the person is not Hausa or Fulani.

May you be alive to witness this

You're wrong. You still have little knowledge of the north. Hausa Fulani is your problem? Right

The main states of Fulani are NE and not North west you should know that and Hausa is a lungua franca.

The north is not about you being from NW or NE but do people like you.

Buhari will defeat anyone from the NE. If you think the north is about this guy is from my region then u are dreaming. Stop deceiving yourself.

Put Dankombo for that chair let's see.

Put Sunusi Lamido he will also fail

Put Dangote he will also fail

Put Atiku he will also fail

And keep deceiving yourself Igbo will never vote for a northerner.
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by FriendNG: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ugosample:

The Igbos did not have Yar adua
he received a lot of votes from there remember

There was no election then, it is work of Obasanjo to rig election. Before Kano and other States vote counting is on going, the winner have been declared by Oga Moris inec chairman
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by FriendNG: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

When have Yorubas become Northerners?

When did north become a tribe?
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by GeneralOjukwu: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
FriendNG:

When did north become a tribe?

yawn... try again

Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by PRXPERT: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:

Now I know why you're always pained! Political jobber! Shameless
Re: 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy by malton: 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
fk001:

Thank God you know what you typed was out of point

Kindly point out what exactly is op there?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Equips Anambra State Fire Service With 2 Brand New Fire Fighting Trucks (Pix) / President Buhari Arrives Daura, Katsina Ahead Of Elections (Photos) / Gov Okorocha Is Not On The Run(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.