Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,845 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin (22116 Views)

IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / Professor Charles Egbu Appointed Vice-chancellor Of Leeds Trinity University, UK / Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by bolaji73(m): 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
emmasege:
This is how you guys argue ignorantly. In OAU or UI, you would have mentioned 10 eminent Christian professors before you can think of one Muslim professor. This was never the case with UNILORIN when their islamisation agenda started. Since inception of the agenda, they've made it very difficult for Christians to occupy strategic positions in the school. In the same vein, UNILORIN will never (quote me anywhere) employ Christians when it's obvious he stands better qualified than a Muslim co-applicant. The only exemption is when they search the nooks and crannies of their Islamic world and can't find anyone, and the position must be filled for accreditation.

As a matter of fact, if your name doesn't suggest you are a Muslim, you can as well not bother not to apply to the school. They prefer a Muhammed or Ibrahim from Niger or Kaduna to an Adesina or Oluseyi from Ondo or Oyo.
It's a high level of ignorance speaking on issue you've got no prior information on..I mentioned OAU in my post because I'm a student there,and I'm quite sure you aren't a student of non of the two schools you mentioned.this is a public for so I would be careful with the information I spill out..All what you wrote there are just fallacy, typical of a student who's unable to meet cut off mark of a school, hence,shifting blames on mundane factors.I've got lots of Christians friends in Unilorin who was admitted based on merits..some are even from Eastern part of the country.. let me burst your bubble one more time.Do you know there is 'prestigious' Faculty in OAU without just a single Muslim lecturer?? what would you call that my Brother? All the Muslim that applied as a lecturer aren't Qualify??

Same also applied to major department. you can hardly see a department in OAU having up to 20% Muslim workforce.. my department have just 3 Muslim lecturers out of about 25.After making further investigation, I was made to realize that most Muslims applicants were screened out just for there religion. except those who over merit it.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by emmasege: 6:38am On Aug 30, 2017
bolaji73:
It's a high level of ignorance speaking on issue you've got no prior information on..I mentioned OAU in my post because I'm a student there,and I'm quite sure you aren't a student of non of the two schools you mentioned.this is a public for so I would be careful with the information I spill out..All what you wrote there are just fallacy, typical of a student who's unable to meet cut off mark of a school, hence,shifting blames on mundane factors.I've got lots of Christians friends in Unilorin who was admitted based on merits..some are even from Eastern part of the country.. let me burst your bubble one more time.Do you know there is 'prestigious' Faculty in OAU without just a single Muslim lecturer?? what would you call that my Brother? All the Muslim that applied as a lecturer aren't Qualify??

Same also applied to major department. you can hardly see a department in OAU having up to 20% Muslim workforce.. my department have just 3 Muslim lecturers out of about 25.After making further investigation, I was made to realize that most Muslims applicants were screened out just for there religion. except those who over merit it.
Hello young man, learn to talk with some respect. You were most likely not yet born or still a toddler when I graduated from UI close to two decades ago. And for your information, I attended OAU also for a higher degree.

Your comment which is full of errors and shows lack of comprehension, is quite indicative of the quality of students currently being admitted to OAU. Let me reiterate what I said earlier since you won't comprehend easily. In the case of UNILORIN, I was particular about staffing and not student admission. Of course, the university can't stop any candidate who scores above the cut off mark from being admitted. This happens anywhere including UI, OAU or UNILAG.

In the case of staffing in OAU, I'm happy you said any muslim who is well qualified (not over qualify, right?) will be employed. I can give you info about what you don't know about that school because I'm still involved there. You were referring to the Faculty of Pharmacy in OAU. That's one faculty I know that will only employ the best brains being the first pharmacy school in Nigeria. Do you know how many Christian applicants that have equally been screened out? Or just for the sake of religion balance, Muslims must also be employed even if Christian co-applicants are better qualified? Factors like this are what destroyed the high standard of training once set by expatriates and Christian lecturers in ABU and UNILORIN.

You and your type will have to live with it; UI, OAU, UNN and to some exrent UNILAG are Christian-dominated in terms of staffing and that's why they attract the best brains.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by bolaji73(m): 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
emmasege:
Hello young man, learn to talk with some respect. You were most likely not yet born or still a toddler when I graduated from UI close to two decades ago. And for your information, I attended OAU also for a higher degree.

Your comment which is full of errors and shows lack of comprehension, is quite indicative of the quality of students currently being admitted to OAU. Let me reiterate what I said earlier since you won't comprehend easily. In the case of UNILORIN, I was particular about staffing and not student admission. Of course, the university can't stop any candidate who scores above the cut off mark from being admitted. This happens anywhere including UI, OAU or UNILAG.

In the case of staffing in OAU, I'm happy you said any muslim who is well qualified (not over qualify, right?) will be employed. I can give you info about what you don't know about that school because I'm still involved there. You were referring to the Faculty of Pharmacy in OAU. That's one faculty I know that will only employ the best brains being the first pharmacy school in Nigeria. Do you know how many Christian applicants that have equally been screened out? Or just for the sake of religion balance, Muslims must also be employed even if Christian co-applicants are better qualified? Factors like this are what destroyed the high standard of training once set by expatriates and Christian lecturers in ABU and UNILORIN.

You and your type will have to live with it; UI, OAU, UNN and to some exrent UNILAG are Christian-dominated in terms of staffing and that's why they attract the best brains.
See how you just shot yourself in the Brain. so recruitment process of staff in U.I and OAU is don't based on merit why that of Unilorin is enshrined with religious sentiment. What's even the need with arguing with someone with outdated archaic knowledge? I wonder what's the state of the nation would be today if people like you are the majority at top political offices.where all issues are viewed from tribal cum bigotry lens. For your information,I'm not just a perceive student of my school.I know all what's happening pertaining to staff recruitment there.

and from your last paragraph ,of course we've always live with it. but when little fold of such act is ditch to you or your likes you scream like castrated goat and run to the media for unreasonable propaganda. or have you heard of the Muslim community of any public university in south west complain of marginalization? even in state where Muslims are the majority.For the fact that we aren't complaining publicly doesn't mean they don't exist.But just as Islam thought us and the omoluabi attitude inherent in us.we can't sacrifice peaceful coexistence on the alter of worldly satisfaction.

3 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by emmasege: 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2017
bolaji73:
See how you just shot yourself in the Brain. so recruitment process of staff in U.I and OAU is don't based on merit why that of Unilorin is enshrined with religious sentiment. What's even the need with arguing with someone with outdated archaic knowledge? I wonder what's the state of the nation would be today if people like you are the majority at top political offices.where all issues are viewed from tribal cum bigotry lens. For your information,I'm not just a perceive student of my school.I know all what's happening pertaining to staff recruitment there.

and from your last paragraph ,of course we've always live with it. but when little fold of such act is ditch to you or your likes you scream like castrated goat and run to the media for unreasonable propaganda. or have you heard of the Muslim community of any public university in south west complain of marginalization? even in state where Muslims are the majority.For the fact that we aren't complaining publicly doesn't mean they don't exist.But just as Islam thought us and the omoluabi attitude inherent in us.we can't sacrifice peaceful coexistence on the alter of worldly satisfaction.
With very poor use of English like yours, I can deduce why UI or OAU rarely employs people like you. If you are denied job in either of those schools tomorrow, you 'll hit the internet to accuse the universities of being biased. Let me correct some of your gross grammatical blunders.
1. ...recruitment process is done (not don't) based on....,,
2....what's the need arguing with someone (not with arguing with someone)
3.....I wonder what (not what's ) the state of nation would be.....
4....we've always lived (not live) with it.....
5. ...Islam taught (not thought) us......,
6. ....on the altar (not alter) of........

These are just few out of the many grammatical errors in your incoherent post which also lacks proper conjunctions. You can now understand why you may not be good enough for lecturing jobs in the aforementioned schools.
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by mayoor15(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
emmasege:

With very poor use of English like yours, I can deduce why UI or OAU rarely employs people like you. If you are denied job in either of those schools tomorrow, you 'll hit the internet to accuse the universities of being biased. Let me correct some of your gross grammatical blunders.

These are just few out of the many grammatical errors in your incoherent post which also lacks proper conjunctions. You can now understand why you may not be good enough for jobs in the aforementioned schools.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by bolaji73(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
emmasege:

These are just few out of the many grammatical errors in your incoherent post which also lacks proper conjunctions. You can now understand why you may not be good enough for lecturing jobs in the aforementioned schools.
At last the old slowpoke doesn't have point to counter my facts, hence go for technicalities.lol.who have time to be battling errors. Daddy,this is not a grammer class.I can see how good you are in the use of English,Hence,still unemployed.Olodo OSI.

2 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by emmasege: 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
bolaji73:
At last the old slowpoke doesn't have point to counter my facts, hence go for technicalities.lol.who have time to be battling errors. Daddy,this is not a grammer class.I can see how good you are in the use of English,Hence,still unemployed.Olodo OSI.
For your info, I'm a Federal employee teaching undergraduates like you. Your extended family would've been very proud if they had someone like me. Let's see where your nauseating attitude gets you in life.
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by teee2: 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
emmasege:
For your info, I'm a Federal employee teaching undergraduates like you. Your extended family would've been very proud if they had someone like me. Let's see where your nauseating attitude gets you in life.

Please, don't dignify that guy with a response again.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by asunmoGGMU(m): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
emmasege:

I read all your point and I saw you were trying to be assertive. Sir, don't sound as if you are any different from the dude you were having that argument with. Fine, you may be better than him intellectually but come religious bigotry, you aren't any better if not worse.

PS: Prof Age was the choice of Christian community. You don't have the grasp of what is happening here in UNILORIN. Kindly, don't indulge in what you are not in the know.
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by bolaji73(m): 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
emmasege:
Just like where bigotry is taking you to.
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by bolaji73(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
asunmoGGMU:

I read all your point and I saw you were trying to be assertive. Sir, don't sound as if you are any different from the dude you were having that argument with. Fine, you may be better than him intellectually but come religious bigotry, you aren't any better if not worse.

PS: Prof Age was the choice of Christian community. You don't have the grasp of what is happening here in UNILORIN. Kindly, don't indulge in what you are not in the know.
Sir,except the word 'intellectual' has a different meaning to what it is popularly known. But if it means making sound judgement through logical reasoning, I bet the daddy up there is not close. he might be older in age, fine, but thinking wise, I doubt.
I stopped quoting or replying his mentioned when he started diverting from the topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unizik Post Graduate 2017/2018 Forum / If ASUU Calls Off The Strike When Will You Return To School? / OAU Students Union Maiden Newspaper:The Union Parrot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.