Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? (10362 Views)

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. / Last Phone Choice / The Last Phone You Will Ever Use. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Getintouch2004(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2017
shaybebaby:

The painful part is that a year and half later, I'm still paying that 42 quid monthly for a phone I no longer have. In two weeks, I'll be free. cry

Lol grin grin grin

That was funny
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by 9jatatafo(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2017
nenergy:

It got most missing in his custody. Did he have a shop or road side? How was it resolved?

He wasn't a road side engineer, he has a shop. He replaced it but not with HP Slate 7 Voice tab, I was given a tecno as going to the place everyday was becoming too expensive because who introduced me to the engineer is somebody I know very well.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Danielnino00(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2017
Mine was stolen in July last year.. I was foolishly charging it in a cyber cafe on campus while I was having class..

Earlier this year,I found the charger ?I knew cus I marked it) God punish the thief.
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by tayo60(f): 10:31am On Aug 29, 2017
Lost mine to a pick pocket on April 15th when I was coming from vigil. My bag was cut open by d guy dt sat beside me inside a bus. Didn't know until I got down to realise d pocket side of my bag has been cut open and d phone stolen. I just collected a cash of 10k from an ATM but God saved me I didn't put d money in the pocket side of d bag otherwise my cry for don plenty for dt day. Since then I stopped going to vigil and d last time I went , I dropped my new phone at home and took one palasa phone with me. Av been extra careful now when am inside a bus or taxi with my bag. Experience is a great teacher! cry
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2017
My phone had a bad battery, went over to Alaba International market to get a new battery.. I Actually came home with the new battery but the phone was stolen... It was like a dearm..

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by shaybebaby(f): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2017
Getintouch2004:

Lol grin grin grin

That was funny
You are mean!! angry angry
grin grin
Think about it, atleast other people on here have moved on. Every month since it got stolen, I get that painful reminder when the money leaves my account.
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Abee79(m): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2017
I became depressed by just reading some of the stories here.

From many BITTER experiences in the past (losing loaded devices to theft, loss or malfunction), I now strictly use cloud storage with apps that can synchronise across all my devices. That way, I do not miss much in the event of an unfortunate incident.

I had distrusted all these cloud services in the past, but after the external hard drive I have been using for the past five years as 'backup' suddenly decided not to work about two months ago, I changed my mind . . . I am still licking my wounds and praying for a miracle cry cry cry

My job and passion involves a lot of writing and I use my devices to document almost all my original ideas. Some of the apps i use to protect my sensitive data include: Dropbox, One Note, Colour Note, Google Drive, MTN backup, NQ Mobile Security. I hardly save anything on my phone memory any longer (both internal and external storage).

I password and encrypt these apps like my life depends on it - this is apart from the normal phone password O!. Sometimes I can have like two or three lock apps for just one app - if one fails, the other(s) should not grin grin grin grin grin grin
I really love the lock apps that show you a fake crash message when you try to open them. That way, no one suspects too much cool

May none of us ever be a victim of anyone's desperation!!!
May no one unjustly reap where we have planted!!!
May the wickedness of the wicked fall upon their own heads. It will never be well with them!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by shaybebaby(f): 10:36am On Aug 29, 2017
SolaOkedara:
My phone had a bad battery, went over to Alaba International market to get a new battery.. I Actually came home with the new battery but the phone was stolen... It was like a dearm..
grin
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by nenergy(m): 10:37am On Aug 29, 2017
9jatatafo:

He wasn't a road side engineer, he has a shop. He replaced it but not with HP Slate 7 Voice tab, I was given a tecno as going to the place everyday was becoming too expensive because who introduced me to the engineer is somebody I know very well.
Big loss. You really tried. Many would have thrown caution in the air and cause gbege .
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Getintouch2004(m): 10:37am On Aug 29, 2017
shaybebaby:

You are mean!! angry angry
grin grin
Think about it, atleast other people on here have moved on. Every month since it got stolen, I get that painful reminder when the money leaves my account.

But why pay that huge sums for 2yrs? I don't get it. What phone was that?
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by TheBawse(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2017
Sold my iphone, got a Nexus .
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by silentkeela: 10:43am On Aug 29, 2017
was robbed...less than a month after purchase
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Ephort: 10:43am On Aug 29, 2017
fratermathy:

I can relate. I have a girl that ends up spoiling her phones no more than 3 months after she gets them. I don buy her phone or dash am my old one tire.

Even laptop sef nor dey last for her hand. Something must spoil. I told her she has a spiritual problem.

spiritual problem? lol... you can't be this mean na

1 Like

Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by chocho13fct: 10:45am On Aug 29, 2017
Men that was my first Jalingo experience oo, 2nd of February last year, went to buy suya in the evening and the suya seller gave me excess change of #800 whichI returned to him and he gave me for more than 3mins lol before i enter keke to my house and when I got home I couldn't find my BlackBerry passport and I just loaded #400 recharge card on my way home�.
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by ibro360(m): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2017
@ first bank m/m way in Kano I pulled it out to get the account # I needed forgot it there it rang till 7pm
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by 9jatatafo(m): 10:54am On Aug 29, 2017
nenergy:

Big loss. You really tried. Many would have thrown caution in the air and cause gbege .

I still regret it. I also reasoned that had it been it was stolen from me directly, that would have been the worst. What really made me to slow down was the fact, that same month, I went for my father's burial and on coming back, thieves broke into my house and took so many valuables from the house, no one to hold responsible. I just blanked and moved on
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by johnkey: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2017
mine was crazy. phone ba3 was 100 percent, removed the charger from the phone, connected the phone to my laptop via USB cord to transfer some music as I was traveling the next morning. Next thing I saw was ba3 running down, like 1% down every minute. I was helpless lol, didn't know what to do, plugged back the phone to the charger, ba3 was still draining, 80%...67%....44%...haa what is this, travelling early next day, how will I travel without listening to music, my laptop was connected to phone hot-spot. disconnected the hot-spot, switched phone off and on, used another powerful charger. 30%....22%...13%....then I had to backup everything I had on the phone on my Google Drive... 5%....0%....phone went dead at 2am. Every effort to bring it on proved abortive. Got a new phone next day before travelling. SARS caught me at the entrance of the park with a new phone and dead old phone and searched the new one but didn't see anything and they couldn't power up the phone with exhibits lol. Dead phone is still lying dead, dunno what to do with it. sobs.
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by nenergy(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2017
9jatatafo:

I still regret it. I also reasoned that had it been it was stolen from me directly, that would be been the worst. What really made me to slow down was the fact, that same month, I went for my father's burial and on coming back, thieves broke into my house and took so many valuables from the hose, no one to hold responsible. I just blanked and move on
WOW! You have a PhD in "moving on". Twale! "No loss is a loss if the loser has the capacity to replace that which was lost" (Quote from my head now now) grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by shaybebaby(f): 11:26am On Aug 29, 2017
Getintouch2004:

But why pay that huge sums for 2yrs? I don't get it. What phone was that?
You can take out contracts that come with phones, so you pay more for than just your subscription for calls, data, texts.

In a way, its a way of spreading the cost of the phone and they tie you into the contract for a two year period.

My contract was for the Samsung S6, unlimited minutes, texts and 4 gig of data. So I got my number back, but without the phone, such a contract would be about 13 quid monthly.

Anyways, the contract expires in September and then no more contracts with phone. Managed my 5s, previous phone before the Samsung till it developed software issues. Gave it to my sister, who fixed it and is now using it.

So now, I have a Sony Xperia-xz which I paid for upfront so no more 2 year contracts. The bastards.
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by ezzylee(m): 11:39am On Aug 29, 2017
This happened to a friend of mine.

He had two phones and was using one as his hotspot. The phone being used as the hotspot was located in his pocket while he was operating the other one .
As my friend was about entering bus, na so the guy realise say d hotspot phone no dey his pocket again.
He was still getting the signal which was getting lower from the other phone. Fortunately for him, he started moving in the direction he thought the phone was and the signal started increasing again. He got to a spot which was as if he had the phone on him and then just like magic, the hotspot signal was gone.
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Paschy88(m): 11:45am On Aug 29, 2017
HenryDion:
I lost it in a taxi.. I didn't know until 20 minutes later when I have already gotten off. I didn't bother though. I went to the nearest ATM, withdrew some cash and hear to a tecno showroom. The only hurdle I experienced was welcoming back my sim.. These MTN agents can frustrate person.
Too much money. E Money cousin
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by NarnieSnyper(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2017
Mine was having problem with the power button. Frustrated me a lot, i had to set my backlight on to 30mins so it wont go off, thereby draining my battery faster than fast. Got fed up, woke up one morning, went to the phone shop to get a new one with annoyance.

Turned the old one to permanent torchlight and mini "gameboy" until the day it fell from my shelf and never came on again. mstcheew! good riddance. stupid iTEL phone.

Funny enough, my new phone is also itel but this time, better and stronger.
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Vioncy(f): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
Lol
i've not Experienced lost phones b4 o
all my phone they my hand spoil all atmost
I give them to my Arab sisters
who would do justice to them

My Oppson 1yr
My MBO 4mnths
my Samsung 3mnth
My Techno still flexing it
na the phone I done use since 2013 i start to use phone o and funny enough, my phones no dey pass 1yr o
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by centboy123456(m): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
SolaOkedara:

how was it stolen
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Getintouch2004(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
'
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by tzminaj(f): 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
mine was stolen last year December,21st to b precise..I had CBT make up test that day n I had to keep it in my bag..that was all I know but that didn't stop me from attending my dept dinner tho☺☺
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Getintouch2004(m): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
shaybebaby:

So now, I have a Sony Xperia-xz which I paid for upfront so no more 2 year contracts. The bastards.

Lol, Sounds much better now

1 Like

Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Getintouch2004(m): 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2017
SolaOkedara:

What a miracle grin
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Boooooooooni: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
My C8 was stolen while I was taking a nap in night class. How I managed to write exams the next day still remains a mystery. Kwarapoly IOT boys I hail o
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by shaybebaby(f): 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
Getintouch2004:

Lol, Sounds much better now
grin grin, but the S8 is such a beautiful phone. They might make me an offer I can't refuse. grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by supremsuccess(m): 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
It was stolen in engineering common room before the last semester engine maths exam, i was not my self during the exam. Later got C, which was my least grade last semester. Just managing my old C2 now... Fut minna
Re: How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? by Getintouch2004(m): 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
shaybebaby:

grin grin, but the S8 is such a beautiful phone. They might make me an offer I can't refuse. grin

Lmao grin

You are a case cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Number Is Blocked From Whatsapp Server, Am Using An Android Phone. Help Me / Itel Partners With Slot For Exclusive Sales Of Its 1st 2gb Ram And 4g Lte Device / Lagos-Calabar Highway: Telcos Fear Shutdown As Construction Threatens Cables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.