Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans (1499 Views)

Top 15 United States Scholarships Without IELTS 2024 - Fully Funded / How To Apply For Management International Scholarship 2018 For Africans / Scholarships For Africans 2018 To Study In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by onoikenna: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
This program was set up to assist undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Motherland - AFRICA - to acquire knowledge in Universities, Colleges and other Institutions of learning in the United States. It is an initiative of the Union of Africa Americans in the United States as part of a special contribution for the development of the human resources of the Motherland.

RECIPIENTS' QUALIFICATION

This scholarship is open to only African students from age 18 to maximum 35. To qualify for selection, candidates must meet the stated basic requirements, in addition to ensuring that entries are made not later than the specified deadline date. Selection of candidates to be considered is made from the first, fully completed, 5,500 entries received and which are verifiable before year end of 31st December in each year. Successful candidates are notified between March and April of the following year.

Strong willingness for intellectual pursuit is a necessary prerequisite. Not all applications to this program are considered. To succeed, an applicant must submit relevant details of sound academic background, and information through which verification can be made.

RECIPIENTS' ENTITLEMENT

A recipient of the scholarship will be assisted to study in United States Free of tuition throughout the duration of the chosen program. In addition, the recipient will provisionally receive an annual allowance of US$3,000 for welfare. A recipient will also be assisted to get Student Visa which will expire at the end of the chosen program of maximum five (5) years.

Optionally, a recipient/student under this program will be assisted to secure a part-time job which enable the student work while schooling and earn extra income. This is only done on request.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

1. Completed Entry Form (to be made online). Apply Now

2. Entry Fee of US$100 (₦38000 Nigeria, ¢427 Ghana, R1353 South Africa, £1893 Egypt). See How To Pay

3. Five credit passes in O/level exams, including English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects (undergraduate program).

4. First degree / HND (Postgraduate program).

5. One recent color passport photo.

TIPS TO NOTE FOR SELECTION

Low quality passport with poor image visibility will invalidate your entry.

Copies of your certificates or results must contain contact details of certificate awarding institutions.

Submit any other information you think will aid a faster verification of your certificates.

Submit also a one-paged description of your background giving reasons why you should be considered.

You can apply with two sittings of O/level results.

O/level is the examination result gotten at finishing high school or secondary school. Example: SSCE, GCE, WAEC, NECO, WASSCE, etc.

Postgraduate candidates with grade below second-class lower division need not apply.

Entry must be made on time. The online form will become unavailable after the deadline date. No further entries will be received.

HOSTEL INFORMATION

Special low rate hostels are arranged for new visiting students in the first academic year. Detailed information and travel guidelines will be sent to successful candidates.

CLOSING DATE

Entry for the year 2017 must be received not latter than November 30, 2017. The entry form page in this website will be locked after the 5500th entry or after November 30, 2017.

Source: http://usascholarshipfree..com.ng/2017/08/apply-for-united-states-scholarships.html?m=1
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by surgebitcoin(m): 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
scam.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by Nbote(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
Scam oooo... Flee everyone
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by onoikenna: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nbote:
Scam oooo... Flee everyone
Don't say what u don't know.Scam wetin?Why are people like this?When u give people fake information peeps will be saying trash.
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by Nbote(m): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
onoikenna:
Don't say what u don't know.Scam wetin?Why are people like this?When u give people fake information peeps will be saying trash.

My friend kip quiet and sit down... No US university will admit any undergraduate without SAT. U didn't arrange ur scam well.. And payment is into SEMICASH bank account instead of d so-called UsaAfrica.. Guy chill
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by heendrix(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nbote:

My friend kip quiet and sit down... No US university will admit any undergraduate without SAT. U didn't arrange ur scam well.. And payment is into SEMICASH bank account instead of d so-called UsaAfrica.. Guy chill

as in guy you just murdered the guy's career anyhow lol grin

dont mind the idiot angry he'd thought it's everyone that can be fooled
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by onoikenna: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nbote:

Scam?Bros I can vow with my life.God forbid!I can try such
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by Nbote(m): 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
onoikenna:
Scam?Bros I can vow with my life.God forbid!I can try such

lol... Typical..
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 29, 2017
What scholarship?

SCAM ALERT - the catch is in the entry fees grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by Mille: 8:56am On Aug 29, 2017
Scam confirmed.
So many red flags.

1. What is the scholarship website? I wonder why you have to apply for an international scholarship on a Nigerian blog.

2. Your so-called scholarship doesn't even have a name.

3. No educational requirements. No US university will even admit Nigerians without test scores not to talk of giving a scholarship to one.

4. Five year visa with a $3000 fund? Really?

5. Scholarship will help you secure a part-time job? That's the most stupid thing I've seen all day.

6. I don't even know or heard of any international scholarship where you pay application fees.

7. Passport photo? Like really? What will they fo with it? Let me give you a tip. Use international passport next.

The idiot didn't even request for any identification documents. I can list up to 20 red flags on your post
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by Trybal: 11:21am On Aug 29, 2017
Ouch! This gotta hurt. He won't try this next time. How easy does he think it is to scam Nigerians. We are not as gullible as we use to be.
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by greatsee: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2017
dis one na confirm legit scamming, so scammer still exist
Re: Apply For United States Scholarships For Africans by ELECTCHIBU(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thief

(1) (Reply)

Full List Of Courses Offered In KSUSTA 2018. / State University Lecturers And Federal University Lectures..who Earn More? / Mum Discovers 15-year-old Daughter Doesn’t Wear Panties To School,see Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.