Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister (20309 Views)

Video Of Yusuf Buhari's Arrival In Nigeria After His Medical Treatment Abroad / Yusuf Buhari Returns To Nigeria After Treatment Abroad / Most Humble Moments Of Leaders Around The World(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by tobsvent: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2017
'Nailing' other govt functionaries from enjoying same priviledges was the only 'gift' from buhari @ inauguration.
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Bluffly: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
ThisTrend:

South Africa’s Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi has criticised African leaders for seeking medical treatment abroad.

Speaking in Zimbabwe at a World Health Organization (WHO) meeting of African health ministers, Mr Motsoaledi said Africa must be the only continent where the leaders travel abroad for health reasons.

He was addressing the conference hours after President Robert Mugabe, who himself makes regular trips to Singapore for eye treatment, opened the meeting. Mugabe had left the event by the time Mr Motsoaledi spoke.

Newsday newspaper quoted South Africa's health minister as saying: "I have said this before and I will say it again: we are the only continent that has its leaders seeking medical services outside the continent, outside our territory. We must be ashamed of that. This is called health tourism. We must promote our own."

In the past year five African heads of state have gone overseas for medical reasons, they are:

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari
Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe
Benin's President Patrice Talon
Angola's President Jose Eduardo dos Santos
Algeria's President Abdelaziz Bouteflika

Source: http://www.wobegist.com/2017/08/sa-health-minister-says-africa-should.html

cc; lalasticlala

Apart from been ashamed, they are also afraid of sabotage
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by sapientia(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
for lack of words.. LOL..
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by bobnatlo(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
That was how Bubu was tearing mouth 2yrs ago, while he Hale n strong. Today the music is different
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by arsenal33: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
DonaldJTrump:
buhahari and tifnubu
Goodluck and Patience
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
Europe and the white man countries are the curse.
chinoxstock:
Africa is cursed.

1 Like

Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
YelloweWest:
The faces of African leaders have long been licked by dogs that they no longer have an atom of shame.

Buhari who won election riding on the promise to fight corruption has spent more days aboard than his own country since he entered office.

Senator dino abi bingo the dog is on the streets of London celebrating Nottingham carnival as if we no longer have pressing issues facing society.

These so called leaders have forgotten that even if we don't run the country, we make the country run
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Leo3333: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
Omeokachie:
The worst part being that some of them even refused to go back home unless forced or chased away by their citizens.

cheesy grin
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by arsenal33: 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
MXrap:
South Africa has taken a jab on Nigeria just because of Bubu's grand failure in Nigeria's medicare. cheesy
So he will fix Medicare that was abandoned in 2years.
Mumu
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by swedbase(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
guterMann:
Buhari is always making the headlines for the wrong reasons.

To think that he was against medical tourism as a presidential aspirant makes it hypocritical .

To think that billions of Naira was budgeted for Aso rock clinic makes his claim of being a man of Integrity a joke.

THE SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN.

Buhari is the biggest thief among all the past president of the ZOO called Nigga area.
Billions of dollars disappeared under his watch during the time he was PTF chairman.

1 Like

Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Burgerlomo: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
I hope the writer, director and producer of the recently released movie 103 days in London @Bubu is reading this right now. Abeg help me tell them because they're shameless bunch of peeps.
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by ooshinibos: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
he is right a billion times , Nigeria is a disgrace to the black race ,its that simple ..and the other races will never respect us until we stop to rely on them for everything and every time
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
Kingluqman89:
Indirectly message to Baba Buhari.

Na small e remain, hin for mention d name but he made a point sha

Expand your Business online with a Website of your own. N20k only. Check my signature for details.
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by DonaldJTrump: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
arsenal33:
Goodluck and Patience
don't always judge with hysteria. gej never travel and stay in UK for 400 days for medical checkup.
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
Omeokachie:
The worst part being that some of them even refused to go back home unless forced or chased away by their citizens.
just like #OurMumuDonDo
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
arsenal33:

Goodluck and Patience
patience was never a past leader. GEJ never went for any medical attention abroad while in office as president! Hater, run away!
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by ripbubu: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2017
headhunter1:
Buhari is a terrorist
aisha is a shameless corrupt prostitute
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
AkProsper:
So buhari is not alone. hmmmmm

Check my signature⏬⏬⏬
5 and 10k naso I hope this is not another fraud....
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by chris31(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nairalanders PH branch i am in need of help i just relocated to ph having successfully completed Nysc & i need to get myself busy pls anyone willing to help me get a job i will appreciate a lot. Thanks my people
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by WordEmmanuel(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
Una Wey Dey Talk,if Una Money Too Long,tell Me Sey You Nor Go? Buhari B4 Being President Takes Medicure In Nigeria. But Being A President Mostly In A Country Like Nigeria,is Sitting B4 Hyenas And Tigers,he Had To Be More Careful With His Life.
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by dreamangel: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
Say it again
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by naijamerican: 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
Buhari is useless and Nigeria is a fake country.
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by okibo1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
African is full of corrupt fathers or leaders dey dnt believe dey will die one day and nigeria will cotinue, GOD is just look at africa to change her ways
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by firo08(m): 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
DutchBruh:

Who are you refering to grin
buharism
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by vioment: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
We should rectify it asap. Buhari please resign to allow hope and trust in our restructuring for the better. Nigeria unite abeg for the bigger goal. Everywhere in Nigeria should be open for residency for any Nigerian, we need to get past this stage to help our african brodas and sisters open up too.
There is a high chance that anyone from any tribe could have been from any tribe at any time - Vioment.

Behave.
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by elsomm(m): 7:14am On Aug 30, 2017
soberdrunk:
'African leaders' and 'shame' cannot be in the same sentence....... angry

Tautology? Is it?
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by mecussey(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2017
Omeokachie:

lol....this is hate speech. What out for dss.
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by kenlisa: 9:45am On Aug 30, 2017
YelloweWest:
The faces of African leaders have long been licked by dogs that they no longer have an atom of shame.

Buhari who won election riding on the promise to fight corruption has spent more days aboard than his own country since he entered office.

Senator dino abi bingo the dog is on the streets of London celebrating Nottingham carnival as if we no longer have pressing issues facing society.

I am convinced he does not even understand the speech he made.
Its left with us to make this change or continue to be ridden on

1 Like

Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by unadeymadkwa: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2017
Buhari and hand falling cry

Any way he tried in one side. Police extortion has reduced. Before it was six roadblocks from my hustle ground to my house now it's only one .
Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Tuksgrad(f): 10:16am On Aug 30, 2017
trol4i:
u are one of them

How is he one of them? Which SA leader goes for medical tourism ? Every SA is treated in that country , the rich , middle class and the poor. That country is not perfect but I respect them for patronizing everything SA , from their schools to their hospitals hence the leaders have no choice but to make everything work there or else the citizens will fck them up lol. Mandela was treated and died in SA which shows great leadership. We in the SADC region are learning from them and we also use their hospitals a lot for free.

So I say big up to this son of the Southern African soil, he works really hard to make the region great.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2017
Tuksgrad:

How is he one of them? Which SA leader goes for medical tourism ? Every SA is treated in that country , the rich , middle class and the poor. That country is not perfect but I respect them for patronizing everything SA , from their schools to their hospitals hence the leaders have no choice but to make everything work there or else the citizens will fck them up lol. Mandela was treated and died in SA which shows great leadership. We in the SADC region are learning from them and we also use their hospitals a lot for free.

So I say big up to this son of the Southern African soil, he works really hard to make the region great.
FACTZ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW / Police Arrest Eze Ekene Obinali Over Anti-Uzodinma Publication (Photo) / Top 10 People That Need To Shut-up In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.