Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria (24991 Views)

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations / Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis / Dynamics Intelligence Shuts Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by strangest(m): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2017
Oladipo1166:
please what do they produce?

Weed
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by jashar(f): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2017
Guyman02:

Most of the products in Shoprite, Park & Shop and Miniso are imported foreign goods angry

in the recent trend of the economic recession, Shoprite now stocks at least 40% Made In Nigeria goods.... earlier this year, they made a big show about supporting the local industries... google it...

smiley
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by Oladipo1166(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
strangest:

Weed
bro you are one of their staff ryt?
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by oglalasioux(m): 9:36am On Aug 30, 2017
We now shop and eat without producing or growing anything. I especially pity Abuja; the city has practically turned into a mega shopping mall.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by drnoel: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2017
elpiro:
More shopping plaza in our nation,whatever happened to more of industries

Catastrophe at its worse. These shopping mall are only here to make money and not develope or train the manufacturering section. If u hear how much shoprite made and remitted back to south Africa last year ur head will explode. Even at how bad the economy is they just declared profit at the end of 3rd quarter, imagine that?
But the biggest hypocrites in all this things are Nigerians and their government. Nigerians love buying foreign products
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2017
zionmade1:

Are u serious?
What has referendum go to do with this?

Everything.

Nigeria has no future, it is collapsing day by day. We need a referendum so people can decide their future.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by Flintstone06(m): 9:40am On Aug 30, 2017
I wan submit cv abeg
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by donqx: 9:43am On Aug 30, 2017
ph
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by zionmade1: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2017
onyenze123:

Everything.

Nigeria has no future, it is collapsing day by day. We need a referendum so people can decide their future.

Yeah Nigeria from south east to north west. the entire nigeria.
so tell me why is south east the way it is today or are our governors voted in by northerners?
If u cant develop ur land as a nigerian, u will not be able to develop it as a biafran

1 Like

Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by wristbangle: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2017
ritababe:
we need industries not shopping mall, we have alot of them already.

It's because they know Nigeria is a consumption based economy. We like to consume but lack the prowess to think strategically to produce except for few exceptional ones.

Left to me, this is not an investment and shouldn't be in FDI capturing. Why can't they have a toyota manufacturing company instead of assemblage in this country? I know they would use lack of electricity as an excuse anyway.

JudasIsCucumber:
How abt Samsung opening production plant in Nigeria, we don't need more shopping malls, we already have shoprite, spar, ebeano pls

Reasonable point at the bolded. Though Samsung is a south Korea firm and even if they would open production in Africa, it would be South Africa

1 Like

Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2017
Shopping mall not industry

Pre-order ur goods from china
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by obailala(m): 10:07am On Aug 30, 2017
Teewhy2:

Sorry you mean no middle class in Nigeria either the person is rich or poor.
You said "the average man" wouldnt be able to afford it. I said we dont have ONLY average people in Nigeria; we also have the rich, the very rich, the higher-middle class, the poor etc. So there would still be people who can afford it somehow.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by dacoza007(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2017
Abeg who knows if ah fit enter in ibadan barracks to ask for help, naa ma padi confuse me to buy fone for iwo road,no b me get d money cos person sent me.... tuk say e know d person say if anything happens, make ah return am, d fone no good n d person tuk say e want him won collect my money n dem dey play me say make ah take another. Abeg ah won go barracks but I don't know if they will help or dey will torture me as naija soldier b....abeg
Naa yesterday matter n ah get receipt
Advise
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 30, 2017
zionmade1:

Yeah Nigeria from south east to north west. the entire nigeria.
so tell me why is south east the way it is today or are our governors voted in by northerners?
If u cant develop ur land as a nigerian, u will not be able to develop it as a biafran

you know the answer to the question on why SE is the way it is today.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by loomer: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2017
Them wan come pack the small money wey remain for the country
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2017
obailala:
You said "the average man" wouldnt be able to afford it. I said we dont have ONLY average people in Nigeria; we also have the rich, the very rich, the higher-middle class, the poor etc. So there would still be people who can afford it somehow.
The middle class is been obliterated at a very fast rate, making naija a very dangerous place to exist.

what is the case now is the very rich and the downtrodden, there is no middle.

The new Jap company will thrive and surely make money (from the patrons who only be the few aristocratic very rich class who controls 90% of the resources)
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2017
ritababe:
Hahahahaha! Sister, you are really angry for seeing this!
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by moshino(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2017
ritababe:

Then ask your government to provide electricity 24/7, security in the çountry, well trained and qualified (well educated) workforce. Then you'll see the manufacturing sector thrive and expand.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by ifyain: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2017
Waste of foreign exhange
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by zionmade1: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2017
onyenze123:

you know the answer to the question on why SE is the way it is today.
I dont know. Enlighten me on that
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 10:36am On Aug 30, 2017
ritababe:

We need more of everything. Remember though that this is a private investment. Any investor is free to come into the country. We won't chase them because they are bringing FDI, while we continue to work on bringing heavy industry FDI into the country.

You should also recognise that retail is easy to enter because of the size of our population. Industry is more complicated because of the technological complications, Port size, ease of logistics etc. For ev it seems strange that despite our big population, Samsung and LG don't have manufacturing plants here, but asides the issues mentioned above, for a factory to break even, it must produce at a certain scale that our economy might not be able to support because our purchasing power for such things isn't big enough - which is why they will continue to import or at best assemble.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by omenkaLives(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2017
elpiro:
This hurts me honestly! All we seem to be good at in this country is CONSUMPTION of finished goods.

This is so depressing.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by omenkaLives(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2017
ritababe:
We don't just have alot, we've got MORE THAN ENOUGH!

to me, these nonsense add no value whatsoever to our real economy. They at best constitute avenues for capital flight.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by sniperr007(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2017
elpiro:

U like to consume.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2017
ritababe:

Exactly my thoughts cool
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by belindar: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2017
These are all retailing biz. They don't add anything to Nigeria. Let the company be manufacturing these goods they are selling in Nigeria. Not using Nigeria as dumping ground. We are just purchasing and not producing. They produce the goods abroad and sell it in Nigeria. These is not good news.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by guyla: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2017
elpiro:

I just tire o, Foreign investment indeed
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2017
oglalasioux:
We now shop and eat without producing or growing anything. I especially pity Abuja; the city has practically turned into a mega shopping mall.
the prices aren't that expensive tho not all.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by meliziz12(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2017
So where are we going to get the money and come and buy all these things,it's a misplaced priority to me .Japan as a country has so many world class industries will hell fall if they relocate even one soap industry in Nigeria?considering the level of unemployment in this country,rather the failed government told them to bring shopping outlet where they will go and lavish wealth with tax payers money,kwontinue.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by CioAngels(f): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2017
You are welcome miniso of Japan, but i beg of you not to treat Nigerians like the Indians and the Chinese, the slave drivers. Miniso, may you prosper in Nigeria if you have come with the best working rules and best practice. Work as you are in Japan not as you are in Nigeria.
Re: Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria by olawonder(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Iya Mulika request that I tell d owners to hurry up and open outlets in Ibadan... she also wanted to know if they sell Esuru and dodo Ikire cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote, Otedola Pictured At King Of Morocco Banguet At Aso Villa / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions / Trademark Registeration In Nigeria (all Your Questions Answered In A Simple Way)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.