Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm (22679 Views)

Aregbesola Commissions 10 Fire Fighter Trucks Worth N1.8 Billion (Photos) / Kashimbila Dam & Power Plant Completed / Buhari’s Award Of GCFR To M.K.O Abiola Illegal — Ex-cjn Belgore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by freshest4live: 10:12am On Aug 31, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:
This is why they desperately want "one Nigeria". To use the resources from the hated Biafrans to develop the north.
What resources from Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by aelle(m): 10:13am On Aug 31, 2017
sapele914:
Go and ask PDP at wadata house Abuja?they have the records.

the project is ongoing since the last administration schedule to finish this year. and this government is still awarding it again. Nigerian pple don suffer.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:21am On Aug 31, 2017
sirkrux05:
If there is equality and fairness in Nigeria, why is the president carrying out major contracts in the North and non in the South. Nonsense.

I guess the reality is that when "South" is fighting "unstrategically", bombing facilities and not having a developmental plan to boot, we loose out if we're not careful.

We need to continue the lobby to make our natural resources generate wealth for us all and not destroy it to make point......that is i follow DAWN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by truthstands11: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2017
Total deceit. Billions of dollars for hydro project. Doesn't make sense. Look for reliable source of energy not water. The world is moving out of this form of energy. Avenue to loot the treasury. Very unfortunate. We don't have leaders, we only have looters and greedy creatures. God pls intervene and save us.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2017
captleonerd:

iani5050: :
SIMPLE OBSERVATION. DANGOTE IS BUILDING 12,000MW WITH $5.5 BILLIONS. DURATION IS TWO YEARS.

WHEREAS FG OF NIGERIA IS BUILDING 3.000 MW WITH $5.8 BILLIONS . DURATION IS SIX YEARS.

THAT'S NIGERIA FOR YOU!
ignorant one. Go back to the dangote thread and read again. The gas from his refinery is enough to generate 12,000mw but he won't even be generating up to 1000mw. The largest power plant in the world is in China. I thinknit generates about 20,000mw and it's hydro. No single gas plant can generate that.

Get yourself educated

welcome to NL, where ignorance is "democratically elected" over and over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:25am On Aug 31, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
that's why we need a young ,smart leader like Justin Trudeau of Canada. what does Buhari know about power generation,still earmarking such huge amount to what doesn't work in Nigeria when he can spend it on solar power. Nigerian leaders just don't think. this is surely going to be like the others. we keep wasting billions of dollars on power generation and light gets worse in the country. I've been eating all these rubbish shit since I was a kid,yet electricity is getting worse. you stick to same idea that doesn't work and expect people not to think you're suffering from insanity or dementia?

No wonder ppl like you are on NL and not in leadership or management
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:31am On Aug 31, 2017
edgecution:

eezeribe: :
5.8 billion dollars... I wish it was channeled into solar electricity project....
Just tired of hearing anything Hydroelectricity or electricity from Gas....
Those two seem not work in Nigeria.... Mtcheeeeeeew

Please Solar in Nigeria is a no no. All the states using Solar in America are complaining. Apart from being caputal intensive ...it also gulp a lot of capital to maintain and those states even with federal funding can not break even in 40 years. I'm saying this because i have friends working for electricity companies who gave me insight when i tried to suggest solar for africa energy needs.

It does not even make sense to be comparing solar and hydro as they are entirely different and serve different strategies. On TCO basis, hydro is more cost effective

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:34am On Aug 31, 2017
Integrityfarms:

Adegbulugbe: :

But the implementation is still better than loosing it to a single woman to invest it on she nd her family alone

I don't dance to the gallery

tisk! tisk!!..... you already danced to the gallery....

The project is 85% funded by the Chinese Bank/Govt who are expected to run it and recover their costs over a long term.......if that makes it White Elephant, then we should pray for more of white elephants of this nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2017
ocheejemb:

onyenze123: :
grin

Who is gonna fund it?

If my memory serves me right, Nigeria's net budget is $20bn?

Another BS. We are done. Give us referendum

The article clearly said 85% is a loan from China, 15% from the FGN

This is where you see typical Nigeria, where the best place to hide information from them is plain sight

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2017
obailala:

Will the power produced in Mambilla be circulated only in Taraba state?... Are there fast flowing suitable rivers that can support this sort of project elsewhere?... Must everything be a source of lamentation in Nigeria?... This is a project that has been planned since 1972 and every single administration since then has been paying lip service to it. This is a 3000mw renewable energy project which is capable of changing the game in Nigeria's power generation. Why can't we just lend support to something good for once without turning it to regional politics?

You are going too far Bro. You're dealing with people whose minds have been enslaved by "overlords" that tell them "good" is "bad"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2017
mapet:

This is where you see typical Nigeria, where the best place to hide information from them is plain sight

And the best way to manipulate the masses like you is to publish nonsense on national dailies. After all Diezani stole 90bn USD and Rats chased a sitting president out of his office.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by urahara(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2017
soberdrunk:
In 2017 when some countries are thinking of opening 'annex' in outer space, our dear country is still struggling with a basic social amenity "electricity'...... angry

Fuuuuuuck grin
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by baralatie(m): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2017
mapet:

You are going too far Bro. You're dealing with people whose minds have been enslaved by "overlords" that tell them "good" is "bad"
you are not asking the right questions where is fg going to raise $900 million dollars for the project excluding payments it would encounter for resettlement and eia
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2017
obailala:

PierreDeFermat: :
that's why we need a young ,smart leader like Justin Trudeau of Canada. what does Buhari know about power generation,still earmarking such huge amount to what doesn't work in Nigeria when he can spend it on solar power. Nigerian leaders just don't think. this is surely going to be like the others. we keep wasting billions of dollars on power generation and light gets worse in the country. I've been eating all these rubbish poo since I was a kid,yet electricity is getting worse. you stick to same idea that doesn't work and expect people not to think you're suffering from insanity or dementia?
...You just termed buhari a dullard for thinking hydro-power and then you suggest solar as your wise alternative? On what basis have you come to that conclusion?

That is why many young folks don't grow
1. I doubt if he knows next to nothing about Justin Trudeau of Canada......even the info on Web
2. It is obvious that he is very limited in comprehension and perception about hydro-, the share volume of power that will come from the dams and other strategic benefits it adds to the nation.
3. when someone opens his mouth (or sticky fingers) to say "hydro doesn't work in Nigeria"....and offers solar as alternative, then we can understand that not only is this a case of ignorance at it's peak, but also a case of lack of knowledge and awareness of current events. I thought the Fashola had told the nation almost 2yrs ago that the strategy is to use the resource of each location as strategic source of power - Solar where there are lots of sunlight (Katsina, Kogi, Abuja, Jigawa, Plateau and Kaduna), hydro where there are high flowing rivers (Taraba, Kaduna, Niger, Osun ), Coal (Enugu) Gas (Niger delta states) and Wind (Katsina).
4. Some of these kids overreach themselves. They have limited knowledge and exposure and demonstrate crude ignorance recklessly

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2017
baralatie:

you are not asking the right questions where is fg going to raise $900 million dollars for the project excluding payments it would encounter for resettlement and eia

Where is the FG going to raise $900m? needless question. The country has revenue streams for starters and nowhere in the report says the $900m is to be paid only once. Payment for resettlement is already embedded in the contract and EIA is already completed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Kingbuhari(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2017
Can this idiotic good for nothing Fulani cattle rearer do tangible project without involving what the previous government couldn't do Do this people even think they are still campaigning This is 2years+ and the only project this old dullard can boast of is the helipad in his duara village... God really want to punish Nigeria with Buhari
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Kingbuhari(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2017
sapele914:
Go and ask PDP at wadata house Abuja?they have the records.
you will keep blaming PDP for this old man incompetency until famine ravage you and turn all ur hair greyish
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by obailala(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2017
mapet:

That is why many young folks don't grow
1. I doubt if he knows next to nothing about Justin Trudeau of Canada......even the info on Web
2. It is obvious that he is very limited in comprehension and perception about hydro-, the share volume of power that will come from the dams and other strategic benefits it adds to the nation.
3. when someone opens his mouth (or sticky fingers) to say "hydro doesn't work in Nigeria"....and offers solar as alternative, then we can understand that not only is this a case of ignorance at it's peak, but also a case of lack of knowledge and awareness of current events. I thought the Fashola had told the nation almost 2yrs ago that the strategy is to use the resource of each location as strategic source of power - Solar where there are lots of sunlight (Katsina, Kogi, Abuja, Jigawa, Plateau and Kaduna), hydro where there are high flowing rivers (Taraba, Kaduna, Niger, Osun ), Coal (Enugu) Gas (Niger delta states) and Wind (Katsina).
4. Some of these kids overreach themselves. They have limited knowledge and exposure and demonstrate crude ignorance recklessly
mapet:

It's really sad that a lot of people just feel this internal compulsion to criticise and criticise everything just for the sake of politics/ethnic/regional sentiments.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by baralatie(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2017
mapet:

Where is the FG going to raise $900m? needless question. The country has revenue streams for starters and nowhere in the report says the $900m is to be paid only once. Payment for resettlement is already embedded in the contract and EIA is already completed.
fg has revenue streams?
don't you know fg has and is currently facing difficulty meeting its counterpart funding for road and present IPP projects?
payment for resettlement is embedded in the contracts?repayment of $4.9 billion dollars including the effect of future costs?
Did you read EIA for the project is completed for dam construction?
Now the project is very,very multifaceted, it is not a big dam,it is a component of multiple dams spanning 6 years from the day of ground breaking and not day of govmt announcement!
this project na problem project.it is likely to be abandoned due to a whole lot of factors which this administration has not addressed
what will be the impact of inflation on the project between now and 2019,then election risk etc.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by obailala(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2017
truthstands11:
Total deceit. Billions of dollars for hydro project. Doesn't make sense. Look for reliable source of energy not water. The world is moving out of this form of energy. Avenue to loot the treasury. Very unfortunate. We don't have leaders, we only have looters and greedy creatures. God pls intervene and save us.
We're talking sustainable renewable energy and you just rubbished hydro-power claiming its a form of energy the world is moving away from? Wow!

Can you please enlighten us on the more reliable renewable energy sources which you have up your sleeves which makes you feel it's a stupid idea to invest in hydro-power in 2017?

I'm keen to know whether you criticise from a position of knowledge or whether you just criticise because you think it makes you appear smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by baralatie(m): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2017
@mapet remember there is $10billion power investment China sponsored project in cross river that has returned to history.
remember the lagos-calabar rail plus kano-daura -nigr line (all China)
this administration does not have the mind that China has to execute these projects.to do this it has to go back to last administration economic model which it severely opposes

this is already September 2017!!!
2018 and we will talking elections!!
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by DabuIIIT: 11:28am On Aug 31, 2017
So a vegetable can award dam contra,hmm..interesting.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 11:30am On Aug 31, 2017
baralatie:

fg has revenue streams?
don't you know fg has and is currently facing difficulty meeting its counterpart funding for road and present IPP projects?
payment for resettlement is embedded in the contracts?repayment of $4.9 billion dollars including the effect of future costs?
Did you read EIA for the project is completed for dam construction?
Now the project is very,very multifaceted, it is not a big dam,it is a component of multiple dams spanning 6 years from the day of ground breaking and not day of govmt announcement!
this project na problem project.it is likely to be abandoned due to a whole lot of factors which this administration has not addressed
what will be the impact of inflation on the project between now and 2019,then election risk etc.

Bros,

1. I think you need to seek information.
2. Pls which road project is FG facing problem in meeting his counterpart funding?
3. Are you asking about the EIA?

Earlier this year, Fashola had said the Taraba State Governor who was a former Minister of State, Power, Mr. Darius Dickson Ishaku acquired the project land and would construct an access road to the site.
“The first thing to do is to acquire the land and deal with compensation issues, which the Governor has promised to deal with.
“The feasibility study has been done and so too the Environmental Impact Assessment. We move one day at a time closer to starting Mambilla,” Fashola had stated.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/3050mw-mambilla-hydro-power-project-set-to-start/161544.html

The ministry’s senior minister, Babatunde Fashola, had earlier confirmed that the feasibility study and Environmental Impact Assessment had been completed.
http://punchng.com/making-mambilla-hydro-power-a-reality/

4. I'm suprised you're asking questions bothering on the impact of inflation on the project. That comes by default in the economics and payback plan of virtually any serious project.
5. I will be interested in you stating other issues govt overlooked that will make the project to be abandoned. That I believe will be interesting
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by orisa37: 11:34am On Aug 31, 2017
They now want to do many things for the North before listening to Restructuring.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by baralatie(m): 11:39am On Aug 31, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

1. I think you need to seek information.
2. Pls which road project is FG facing problem in meeting his counterpart funding?
3. Are you asking about the EIA?

4. I'm suprised you're asking questions bothering on the impact of inflation on the project. That comes by default in the economics and payback plan of virtually any serious project.
5. I will be interested in you stating other issues govt overlooked that will make the project to be abandoned. That I believe will be interesting
you are the one that brought statement!
did Mr.Fashola say the EIA is COMPLETED?
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 11:45am On Aug 31, 2017
baralatie:
@mapet remember there is $10billion power investment China sponsored project in cross river that has returned to history.
remember the lagos-calabar rail plus kano-daura -nigr line (all China)
this administration does not have the mind that China has to execute these projects.to do this it has to go back to last administration economic model which it severely opposes

this is already September 2017!!!
2018 and we will talking elections!!

1. You're mixing things up. The $10billion power investment is Cross Rivers state project and not Federal. Hence why has it become history? (if it has), you will need to direct your gaze to Cross Rivers state. In fairness to Cross Rivers State Govt, a $10billion project does not get concluded overnight. For example Lekki-Epe expressway project started almost 7years after negotiation started with investors. The most important thing is to secure the investor funding for the project which does not come easy.

2. Is there any problem with the Lagos-Calabar & Lagos-Kano rail line to you? You think those project will manifest at the snap of a finger? Definitely projects of these magnitude will be broken down into facets. That is why Lagos - Ibadan phase has already commenced. Some other phases in like Kano-Kaduna and Calabar-Port Harcourt are about to start.

3. If you're hinging your viability of these projects on election, then you're part of the problem. Election should not drive a national project of this nature, if we secure the right commitments and contracts. In the China loans, we have committed execution to the Chinese and we will be the all round looser if we do not do a simple thing as putting down the counterpart funding

4. Finally, I'm curious that you made no say about the post project life. The direct ROI of these projects, the butterfly effect on other sectors of the economy and the impact on the commercial footprint of the country.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by freshest4live: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2017
orisa37:
They now want to do many things for the North before listening to Restructuring.
If the project is successful, it would affect North, South, East and West.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2017
baralatie:

you are the one that brought statement!
did Mr.Fashola say the EIA is COMPLETED?

Did you miss this part?

The ministry’s senior minister, Babatunde Fashola, had earlier confirmed that the feasibility study and Environmental Impact Assessment had been completed.
http://punchng.com/making-mambilla-hydro-power-a-reality/
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by baralatie(m): 11:55am On Aug 31, 2017
mapet:

Did you miss this part?

let me help you!

“The feasibility study has been done and so too the Environmental Impact Assessment. We move one day at a time closer to starting Mambilla,” Fashola had stated.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/3050mw-mambilla-

does the statement looks like completed?
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by baralatie(m): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
mapet:

1. You're mixing things up. The $10billion power investment is Cross Rivers state project and not Federal. Hence why has it become history? (if it has), you will need to direct your gaze to Cross Rivers state. In fairness to Cross Rivers State Govt, a $10billion project does not get concluded overnight. For example Lekki-Epe expressway project started almost 7years after negotiation started with investors. The most important thing is to secure the investor funding for the project which does not come easy.

2. Is there any problem with the Lagos-Calabar & Lagos-Kano rail line to you? You think those project will manifest at the snap of a finger? Definitely projects of these magnitude will be broken down into facets. That is why Lagos - Ibadan phase has already commenced. Some other phases in like Kano-Kaduna and Calabar-Port Harcourt are about to start.

3. If you're hinging your viability of these projects on election, then you're part of the problem. Election should not drive a national project of this nature, if we secure the right commitments and contracts. In the China loans, we have committed execution to the Chinese and we will be the all round looser if we do not do a simple thing as putting down the counterpart funding

4. Finally, I'm curious that you made no say about the post project life. The direct ROI of these projects, the butterfly effect on other sectors of the economy and the impact on the commercial footprint of the country.
you can see the problem but you don't want to admit that there is a problem!
the rail line suffered because PMB administration were initially not in tune with them most especially the Lagos -calabar and as a result of the financial problems pMB had to renegotiate meaning there is variation who will bear it?China?it nearly became abandoned. if not God but guess what Lagos -ibadan "just commenced construction"
this compounded dam construction for a whooping $5.8billion.
you are here on NL nah?
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
baralatie:

let me help you!

The feasibility study has been done and so too the Environmental Impact Assessment. We move one day at a time closer to starting Mambilla,” Fashola had stated.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/3050mw-mambilla-

does the statement looks like completed?

Do I sense a comprehension problem in you or why are you wasting my time?
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
baralatie:

you can see the problem but you don't want to admit that there is a problem!
the rail line suffered because PMB administration were initially not in tune with them most especially the Lagos -calabar and as a result of the financial problems pMB had to renegotiate meaning there is variation who will bear it?China?it nearly became abandoned. if not God but guess what Lagos -ibadan "just commenced construction"
this compounded dam construction for a whooping $5.8billion.
you are here on NL nah?

This is ridiculous. I must admit this is a waste of needless time. PMB administration were not initially in tune with what? What financial problem? Did the govt tell you they were going to go it 100%? It's apparent you are not even aware that what this govt did was to renegotiate a moribund arrangements with the China and consequently Chinese investors, something previous govts were yet to see thru, dating back to OBJ govt.

What nearly became abandoned? Do you just concuct stuffs and throw it as arguments? I think it will serve you to attach links to your submissions as evidence. If not God.......gawd! is this ignorance or plain myopia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano: Mosques, Markets Targeted For Bomb Attack, Foreign Observers Allege / Man Attempts To Burn Justice Oputa, Charly Boy’s Father’s House In Imo / Court Grants N500m Bail To Alhassan Ado Doguwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.