Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm (22670 Views)

Aregbesola Commissions 10 Fire Fighter Trucks Worth N1.8 Billion (Photos) / Kashimbila Dam & Power Plant Completed / Buhari’s Award Of GCFR To M.K.O Abiola Illegal — Ex-cjn Belgore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by sirkrux05: 6:29am On Aug 31, 2017
If there is equality and fairness in Nigeria, why is the president carrying out major contracts in the North and non in the South. Nonsense.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by heybee72(m): 6:33am On Aug 31, 2017
Goan buy lumus solar box powered by mtn and Bleep this nepa people...
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Diso60090(m): 6:44am On Aug 31, 2017
This guy also is a scammer please beware he has scammed so many people with this account details
Name: Adepoju kehinde ismail
Bank:First bank
Account number:3032439356
The guy is on visa scammer
Please help to share to avoid more victim's
He lives in Lagos
EFCC DSS AND MORE
i Don blow my own

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by captleonerd(m): 6:46am On Aug 31, 2017
coldsummer:
Looool

We are really encouraging local companies made in Nigeria to grow the naira indeed.

Silly senseless man
so there is a local company that can build a 5.8b dollars power plant? Your brain is there fr a reason. Use it!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by emi14: 6:46am On Aug 31, 2017
To be abandoned in 2019.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by symbianDON(m): 6:49am On Aug 31, 2017
maclatunji:

You mean you are against Nigerians that will be employed to carry-out the project or against irrigation it will allow or against generation of electricity for the entire country.

All these don't interest you I know, just want to ventilate hate.
are you minding him? as if any local company can raise the huge 85% needed for the project.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by captleonerd(m): 6:53am On Aug 31, 2017
iani5050:
SIMPLE OBSERVATION. DANGOTE IS BUILDING 12,000MW WITH $5.5 BILLIONS. DURATION IS TWO YEARS.

WHEREAS FG OF NIGERIA IS BUILDING 3.000 MW WITH $5.8 BILLIONS . DURATION IS SIX YEARS.

THAT'S NIGERIA FOR YOU!
ignorant one. Go back to the dangote thread and read again. The gas from his refinery is enough to generate 12,000mw but he won't even be generating up to 1000mw. The largest power plant in the world is in China. I thinknit generates about 20,000mw and it's hydro. No single gas plant can generate that.

Get yourself educated

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by abashi47(m): 7:29am On Aug 31, 2017
can he rule for d next six years that's the ideal question. if a project is timed to take six yrs to complete in Nigeria, we all know it wil realistically take abt 8yrs to complete . then comes d issue of new government.
how many times have a new government came to Nigeria and complete ongoing projects
Note: nigeria has d highest number of uncompleted projects in f world . i hope this doesn't add to d number
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by PierreDeFermat(m): 7:30am On Aug 31, 2017
that's why we need a young ,smart leader like Justin Trudeau of Canada. what does Buhari know about power generation,still earmarking such huge amount to what doesn't work in Nigeria when he can spend it on solar power. Nigerian leaders just don't think. this is surely going to be like the others. we keep wasting billions of dollars on power generation and light gets worse in the country. I've been eating all these rubbish shit since I was a kid,yet electricity is getting worse. you stick to same idea that doesn't work and expect people not to think you're suffering from insanity or dementia?
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by UfuomaUN(m): 7:33am On Aug 31, 2017
eezeribe:
5.8 billion dollars... I wish it was channeled into solar electricity project....
Just tired of hearing anything Hydroelectricity or electricity from Gas....
Those two seem not work in Nigeria.... Mtcheeeeeeew
..I wonder what happened to coal

We are third world and our emissions don't even come close to 1% of what USA for instance emits and yet we carry green energy for headgrin
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by abashi47(m): 7:33am On Aug 31, 2017
sirkrux05:
If there is equality and fairness in Nigeria, why is the president carrying out major contracts in the North and non in the South. Nonsense.

surely uve never been to d North... ppl in Benue take emselves as middle belters... they don't even speak Hausa in d state ..
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by UfuomaUN(m): 7:35am On Aug 31, 2017
Tanimola26:
We lack creative and intellectual leaders. We generate tones of organic waste. These can be harnessed to generate energy. We need leaders who can think outside the box, not one way leaders like Valencia of Man United

At least Valencia runs and crosses effectively. Our leaders can't even lie effectivelygrin
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by eflintsone(m): 7:36am On Aug 31, 2017
soberdrunk:
In 2017 when some countries are thinking of opening 'annex' in outer space, our dear country is still struggling with a basic social amenity "electricity'...... angry
must u pple find fault in even the most positive news?? if u guyz r dat tayad den leave d country for rwanda,uganda or zimbabwe na

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by edgecution(m): 7:58am On Aug 31, 2017
eezeribe:
5.8 billion dollars... I wish it was channeled into solar electricity project....

Please Solar in Nigeria is a no no. All the states using Solar in America are complaining. Apart from being caputal intensive ...it also gulp a lot of capital to maintain and those states even with federal funding can not break even in 40 years. I'm saying this because i have friends working for electricity companies who gave me insight when i tried to suggest solar for africa energy needs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by modsfucker: 8:06am On Aug 31, 2017
Moneyyy:
Everything in the north, weldone

Power plants are strategically located, not just anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by juman(m): 8:18am On Aug 31, 2017
sirkrux05:
If there is equality and fairness in Nigeria, why is the president carrying out major contracts in the North and non in the South. Nonsense

They are fake news.
The government practically doing nothing.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Adegbulugbe(m): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2017
Integrityfarms:
... Another white elephant project that wil go down the drain

But the implementation is still better than loosing it to a single woman to invest it on she nd her family alone
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Integrityfarms(m): 8:38am On Aug 31, 2017
Adegbulugbe:

But the implementation is still better than loosing it to a single woman to invest it on she nd her family alone

I don't dance to the gallery
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by coernes: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2017
This is to enable Fashola gather much money for the re-election of PMB in 2019. Hahaha. politics!
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by juman(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2017
This senseless apc government has reduced fashola to a failed administrator.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by ocheejemb: 8:59am On Aug 31, 2017
onyenze123:
grin

Who is gonna fund it?

If my memory serves me right, Nigeria's net budget is $20bn?

Another BS. We are done. Give us referendum

The article clearly said 85% is a loan from China, 15% from the FGN

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by WorldRichest: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2017
coldsummer:
Looool

We are really encouraging local companies made in Nigeria to grow the naira indeed.

Silly senseless man

What did your lord and saviour Goatluck Jonaddaft do for 6 years beside drinking ogogoro and looting our treasury?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by obailala(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2017
sirkrux05:
Will the power produced in Mambilla be circulated only in Taraba state?... Are there fast flowing suitable rivers that can support this sort of project elsewhere?... Must everything be a source of lamentation in Nigeria?... This is a project that has been planned since 1972 and every single administration since then has been paying lip service to it. This is a 3000mw renewable energy project which is capable of changing the game in Nigeria's power generation. Why can't we just lend support to something good for once without turning it to regional politics?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Great2017: 9:34am On Aug 31, 2017
coldsummer:
Looool

Silly senseless man

It is good to express an opinion but it is much more imperative to make constructive criticisms. What I am saying in essence is that it is worth knowing the dynamics of a project before laying claims and accusations. It is even good so that the public will not be misled. Do not misunderstand me, I am not taking side with the Federal Government or the Chinese contractor but I doubt if any local contractor has the capacity to execute a power project of this magnitude from the pre-conceptual design level to commissioning. If otherwise, I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by obailala(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
that's why we need a young ,smart leader like Justin Trudeau of Canada. what does Buhari know about power generation,still earmarking such huge amount to what doesn't work in Nigeria when he can spend it on solar power. Nigerian leaders just don't think. this is surely going to be like the others. we keep wasting billions of dollars on power generation and light gets worse in the country. I've been eating all these rubbish shit since I was a kid,yet electricity is getting worse. you stick to same idea that doesn't work and expect people not to think you're suffering from insanity or dementia?
...You just termed buhari a dullard for thinking hydro-power and then you suggest solar as your wise alternative? On what basis have you come to that conclusion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by obailala(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2017
coldsummer:
Looool

Silly senseless man
People just sit in the comfort of their homes doing what they know how to do best, insulting others. China provides over 80% of the funds but you expect them to get nothing in return?... You expect them to leave the job for local contractors?...

First of all, do you know what it takes to build a dam of that magnetude?.. and you expect Nigerian contractors that havent even proven themselves in the building of simple bridges to handle such an expensive complex project?.... By the way, if Nigerians are to get the contract, where would the funds come from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Adminisher: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2017
coldsummer:
Looool

Silly senseless man

Dangote cement go die there.
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 31, 2017
ocheejemb:

The article clearly said 85% is a loan from China, 15% from the FGN

Lol. China the great father Xmas. Like my friend always says: "we will learn the hard way sooner than later"
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by Weirdman: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2017
eezeribe:
God you are jes right that was what i thought when I saw the thread topic
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2017
COMPAQ:
I hope the contract includes the evacuation of the power.?

Same question in my mind. At this rate, distribution is lagging behind generation. We need rapid expansion of the grid and micro grids
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by okoliexpress: 10:10am On Aug 31, 2017
Gas differs from water thats the difference quote author=iani5050 post=59986351]SIMPLE OBSERVATION. DANGOTE IS BUILDING 12,000MW WITH $5.5 BILLIONS. DURATION IS TWO YEARS.

WHEREAS FG OF NIGERIA IS BUILDING 3.000 MW WITH $5.8 BILLIONS . DURATION IS SIX YEARS.

THAT'S NIGERIA FOR YOU![/quote]
Re: Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm by mapet: 10:10am On Aug 31, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:
This is why they desperately want "one Nigeria". To use the resources from the hated Biafrans to develop the north.

You mean the resources of biafra that was domiciled in China?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Congratulates Obaseki, Oshiomhole On Victory At Poll / APC'll Win Kogi, Bayelsa 2019 Governorship Election - Tinubu / ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Gives FG Tuesday Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.