Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,344 members, 7,954,398 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB (17035 Views)

Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination / Unilorin, LASU And CU Are Nigeria First Choice Universities / UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant Universities Top Applicants’ Choice In 2017 [full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Samkeniyy(m): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
mayoor15:
Thanks to no strike, schools like OAU, UI, ABU remains d school to beat in terms of standard, I studied at unilorin so don't bother terming me a hater, the standard in our beloved school has fallen and is falling at a very fast pace, we only hope the new VC takes the school back to Oloyede days.
Well said brother. I support your statement even though I'm not a graduate of those schools.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Desyner: 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2017

The number one position is grabbed by Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota with 2,438 applicants.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/unilorin-lasu-covenant-first-choice-universities-nigeria/

Lalasticlala

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
Franco93:
UNILORIN has always remained at the forefront of the choicest university every year.

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by frankputer: 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
uni-ilorin...i'm missing your free internet service available to all student without restriction....downloading 7Gig in 30 minute was one of my unique experience . streaming live premier league,champions league while preparing for exams(no need to visit football viewing center) all day long, watching all 2016 movies, got my 1 Terabyte occupied.

Good PG School.
nice PG library.
i enjoyed my stay.
it was worth while.
Good lecturers @(Computer Science Department).
Keep it Up.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by davbravo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
iShadow:
chai..

where is my school (unilag) no.one's talking about it undecidedchai..

where is my school (unilag) no.one's talking about it
Its the 5th most chosen
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by missyQween(f): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
I rep Abu....Naturally Ahead
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Smeago007(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
I got 194 at jamb.. Wanna study pharmacy at unizik
The cut off mark is 200

I've a strong olevel with 5A's and credits..
Are my chances slim of getting admitted?
Or no chance
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by habex005(m): 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Which of the lasu are you referring to? The lasu that pays 25k per year or another one?
looks like it been a while since you knew the fees paid by lasu student////
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by BlueRayDick: 6:35am On Sep 04, 2017
habex005:

looks like it been a while since you knew the fees paid by lasu student////

How much is it now?
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by davbravo(m): 7:15am On Sep 04, 2017
Smeago007:
I got 194 at jamb.. Wanna study pharmacy at unizik
The cut off mark is 200

I've a strong olevel with 5A's and credits..
Are my chances slim of getting admitted?
Or no chance
No chance at all.... It's better you get a COC/Institution form
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by davbravo(m): 7:16am On Sep 04, 2017
BlueRayDick:

How much is it now?
N25000 I think
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 04, 2017
Statsocial:
Which one is kolaodaisi university and kwararafa university aggain

We all know why unilorin wld continue to be the university of first choice.
Lasu isn't much of a surprise too. Since lautech now has k leg many wld be applicant wld seek out lasu.
Covenant has always been the private uni of first choice since time immemorial even without offering law and medicine.

You see over 900 folks choosing Nile and Baze university as their first choice in jamb. I am certain these kind of people require some sort of luxury education without having to leave Nigeria.

These kind of ppl would never have schooled in places like UI or UNN even if they got the admission free of charge and by the way even if they wanted they would still get into Fg unis before the poor mass(having that kind of wealth in d nation's capital comes with unprecedented influence). So if private universities didn't exist i can bet my two cent that those folks would be schooling outside these country with our badly needed forex.

Thankfully many in the wealthy class are no longer seeing the need to send out their very young ones to foreign schools for undergraduate studies rather they wld let them do undergrad here and travel out for postgrad-these makes our economy better. While these private universities are educating the wealthy and middleclass they are also doing an important job of keeping them here!

For the rest still running to UK, its a matter of time and they would realise that their wealthy family friends are studying in the likes of Nile, Baze and even Covenant and Babcock(with full bragging rights) and hopefully they would choose those universities instead of leaving the country.

Lalasticlala
Absolutely correct. Even the private universities offers postgraduate studies too
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 04, 2017
habex005:
lasu is now a private institution with their fees.
How much do they charge compare to other state schools?
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 04, 2017
nNEOo:
With the low no of applicants for the private unis one would think they'll slash their fees by half to encourage more ppl .....

They schools admit students bellow carrying capacity of the school and yet they won't slash price to attract students .....
Slashing price will reduce the quality. The cost of maintenance is high
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 04, 2017
frankputer:
uni-ilorin...i'm missing your free internet service available to all student without restriction....downloading 7Gig in 30 minute was one of my unique experience . streaming live premier league,champions league while preparing for exams(no need to visit football viewing center) all day long, watching all 2016 movies, got my 1 Terabyte occupied.

Good PG School.
nice PG library.
i enjoyed my stay.
it was worth while.
Good lecturers @(Computer Science Department).
Keep it Up.
How much their pg school fees?
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by BlueRayDick: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2017
davbravo:
N25000 I think

That is not true. The fees was increased to 250k during fashola's Era, after about 2 years of protest and agitation by the student union it was reverted back to the original 25k in the last month of fashola in office. Ask around.
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by davbravo(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
BlueRayDick:

That is not true. The fees was increased to 250k during fashola's Era, after about 2 years of protest and agitation by the student union it was reverted back to the original 25k in the last month of fashola in office. Ask around.
I'm not denying the fact that it was increased during Fashola's tenure as governor, but you asked "How much is it now?" and I said its N25000
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by Smeago007(m): 7:21am On Sep 05, 2017
davbravo:
No chance at all.... It's better you get a COC/Institution form
What's COC please?
Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by dizzyime: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2017
Sterling Bank Plc has finished the training of 70 kids on coding/programming language at its 2017 summer code camp in Lagos in facilitation of its sense of duty regarding reinforcing early adolescence training practice in the nation.

The mid year code camp which had kids between the ages of six and 15 in participation was sorted out in a joint effort with Audax Code School.

Talking on the effective result of the program, its Chief Marketing Officer, Henry Bassey said the point of the program was to open youthful Nigerians to advanced advances at early ages and to connect the national computerized aptitudes hole.

Bassey said the thrilling summer code camp likewise filled in as a road to engage youngsters and instructors in both provincial and urban zones, encourage imagination and basic deduction aptitudes through ICT learning while at the same time growing profession open doors for the African youth through STEM Education.

He included that the 10-day outdoors session was a time of study and a good time for the youngsters who “were presented to scratch amusement advancement and narrating, python programming and class narrating and in addition music and sounds, diversion improvement, prologue to HTML and undertaking introduction.”

The CMO said the code school was likewise an activity to welcome the Bank’s “I CAN SAVE” account holders who had a specific least adjust in their individual records.
Source:http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/breaking-news/sterling-bank-empower-70-kids-coding-2017-summer-code-camp/

Re: UNILORIN, LASU, Covenant are Nigeria's First choice Universities-JAMB by davbravo(m): 8:02am On Sep 05, 2017
Smeago007:
What's COC please?
Change of Course

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB 2019: Ten Tips To Pass Outstandingly / Oau 2010/2011 Predegree Entrance Exam Cut-off And Admission Letter / ASUU Strike: UNIPORT Announces Resumption, Marathon Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.