Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,651 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Experienced Webmasters Please See This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Experienced Webmasters Please See This (701 Views)

Webmasters Please Help Me Appeal To Facebook To Unblock My Website!! / Webmasters Please Review My Website To Know If I'm Good To Apply For Adsense / Webmasters Please Help Me. You Will Be Helped Always Anytime You Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experienced Webmasters Please See This by purplejuli: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
please i need your suggestion so that i don't do the wrong thing..

i have a news and entertainment site (.com), am confused if i should target Nigeria in Google Webmaster or leave it unticked..

the domain is from Godaddy

will targeting Nigeria bring about losing traffic from other countries?

Someone said targeting Nigeria will make the blog rank well and compete better...
Another person also said targeting Nigeria will kill RPM and cause low Adsense earning...now am confused

what is your best suggestion, do i use this feature or not
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by Horlami3370: 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
It's not compulsory you set this target unless you are targeting foreign country based on your blog content cos Google already know your location (NG) and that's where most of your search traffic will always be from either you set your target to Nigeria or leave it unset.
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by nairagossip1: 2:11am On Aug 31, 2017
hmmm...we need more detail on this, pro bloggers over to u
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by dogstyle007(m): 4:36am On Aug 31, 2017
If your blog content is targeted to Nigerians alone then set it to Nigeria otherwise leave it the way it is...
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by purplejuli: 8:33am On Aug 31, 2017
dogstyle007:
If your blog content is targeted to Nigerians alone then set it to Nigeria otherwise leave it the way it is...

bro in as much as i post Nigeria content...i also want traffic from other countries...

Someone said targeting Nigeria will make the blog rank well and compete better...

Another person also said targeting Nigeria will kill RPM and cause low Adsense earning...now am confused
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by Horlami3370: 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
purplejuli:

bro in as much as i post Nigeria content...i also want traffic from other countries...

Another person also said [s]targeting Nigeria will kill RPM and cause low Adsense earning[/s]...now am confused

What cause low RPM is not because you set your target traffic as Nigeria in Google Console, but because your traffic are from country with Low CPC which Nigeria is one of them but still not the worst and also, the source of the traffic (It could be Organic, Social or Referal) , but get me right, you should only target other country only if you are blogging their content or else, it's useless.
For ex, imagine i post content on Olamide music and video and i now target India, does that make sense to you, of course not right ?

So, that's it, but you should note too, if most of your traffic are coming from search engine like google, your Adsense CPC will still be high even if it's naija traffic compare to when it's from social network like facebook for example.

In short, what determine your CPC is more than just where it's coming from although, USA,UK and CANADA CPC are always high for most of the contents and in answer to your question, targeting Nigeria also still doesn't mean you don't get other countries traffic if your blog have what is been search for and your SEO is OK!

In short, as for me, i won't ever bother to set my target as Nigeria or not if i'm blogging from Nigeria, On Nigerians, and domain registered with Naija details, i think the targeting option is only for people blogging on content meant for other countries.

For ex, if i'm blogging on USA music lyrics and i'm here in Nigeria likewise my domain registered with naija details, then there is need to set my target country to USA in search console
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by purplejuli: 9:57am On Aug 31, 2017
Horlami3370:

What cause low RPM is not because you set your target traffic as Nigeria in Google Console, but because your traffic are from country with Low CPC which Nigeria is one of them but still not the worst and also, the source of the traffic (It could be Organic, Social or Referal) , but get me right, you should only target other country only if you are blogging their content or else, it's useless.
For ex, imagine i post content on Olamide music and video and i now target India, does that make sense to you, of course not right ?

So, that's it, but you should note too, if most of your traffic are coming from search engine like google, your Adsense CPC will still be high even if it's naija traffic compare to when it's from social network like facebook for example.

In short, what determine your CPC is more than just where it's coming from although, USA,UK and CANADA CPC are always high for most of the contents and in answer to your question, targeting Nigeria also still doesn't mean you don't get other countries traffic if your blog have what is been search for and your SEO is OK!

In short, as for me, i won't ever bother to set my target as Nigeria or not if i'm blogging from Nigeria, On Nigerians, and domain registered with Naija details, i think the targeting option is only for people blogging on content meant for other countries.

For ex, if i'm blogging on USA music lyrics and i'm here in Nigeria likewise my domain registered with naija details, then there is need to set my target country to USA in search console

thanks for this detail explanation bro, OK now that my blog is from Godaddy, hosted in United States so there is need to target Nigeria right? or leave it untick?
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by bedfordng(m): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2017
purplejuli:
please i need your suggestion so that i don't do the wrong thing..

i have a news and entertainment site (.com), am confused if i should target Nigeria in Google Webmaster or leave it unticked..

the domain is from Godaddy

will targeting Nigeria bring about losing traffic from other countries?

what is your best suggestion, do i use this feature or not
just leave it like that
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by dogstyle007(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
Horlami3370:

Oga has said it all... so its up to Op to decide... smiley
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by purplejuli: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
any more suggestions from experience?
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by purplejuli: 8:24am On Sep 01, 2017
more?
Re: Experienced Webmasters Please See This by Horlami3370: 4:26pm On Sep 01, 2017
purplejuli:

thanks for this detail explanation bro, OK now that my blog is from Godaddy, hosted in United States so there is need to target Nigeria right? or leave it untick?

Sorry, i was banned for 24hrs since yesterday and couldn't reply earlier.

Check whois.com/whois/domain.ext and you'll see your domain was registered with naija details even thou it's hosted with Godaddy.
So, there's no need to target Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Top 100 Unique Websites In Nigeria (verified) / I Will Build A Blog For 3k - Contact Me Now! / The Joy Of Nigerians Is Gone, No More Wawu On Ntel Data Subscription.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.