Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,186 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Fir And Pine - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fir And Pine (6899 Views)

Aptitude Test Or Prometric Test At Fir&pine Ltd Go An Apply Asap / Why Is Firstbank Hoarding The Capt Testing Packs For The Fir & Pine Recruitment / Fir & Pine Ltd Are Recruiting 42 Marketing Executives For Their Naija Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fir And Pine by hemdomos: 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2010
I was informed to come for interview for the position of IT EXPERT/ DATA ANALYST at FIR & PINE Ltd.
I was informed to pick up a Computer Aided Prometric Testing (CAPT) Pack, which should be picked up from any of the Cashiers or The Customer Service Desk of FirstBank Nigeria Plc Abuja Main Branch, Plot 777 Muhammadu Buhari Way, Central Business Area, Abuja, at the sum of Ten Pound Sterling (£10) or Two Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira (NGN2350). How reliable is it stuff?
Re: Fir And Pine by akangbenue: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2010
i got the same message as well but firstbank is a reputable organization and this thing being hush hush all this while i will go the bank tommorow to get the pack but if you have extra info let me know sha
Re: Fir And Pine by rockiedink(m): 6:54pm On Feb 22, 2010
for those of you who have gotten the packs, can you please tell us if you had to present any form of ID or a copy of the email or you just walked in and picked up the CAPT packs? that will help also add to the trust we can put in them. but like akangbenue said, we will take the risk only because it is first bank and nothing else. . .
Re: Fir And Pine by dorben: 6:43am On Feb 23, 2010
A friend of mine was also invited for the text too.and was ask to pick a pack from first bank which cost N2350.but pls i will like to knw the meaning of
Re: Fir And Pine by dorben: 6:46am On Feb 23, 2010
A friend of mine was also invited for the text too.and was ask to pick a pack from first bank which cost N2350.but pls i will like to knw the meaning of FIR AND PINE and what they are into.are they consultant or what ?pls pple in the house i need some explaination.
Re: Fir And Pine by nnemak(m): 9:25am On Feb 23, 2010
From experience any recruitment or future employer that asks from money disappears after collecting the cash.
I have tried calling their so called UK number on their WACK site. After 3 rings they switch off the phone.
Even the IV mails they sent had an activation links pointing to another Canadian site that knows noting about them!

People are advised to query the authenticity of these FIR and PINE guys before committing their resource and time going to take the test. wink

Questions like where are their offices locations (address) in the LAGOS, KANO , ABUJA, PH and UK as advertised on their site should be asked!
Re: Fir And Pine by akangbenue: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2010
i went to firstbank today and i collected the pack the activation kit was something like a credit card and has firstbank logo on it so guys before we crucify anybody think about it well
Re: Fir And Pine by goodliz: 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2010
yes, is true I was asked to pick mine tomorrow morning@ First bank abuja.
Re: Fir And Pine by temilaw25: 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
I have been trying to get some facts about this company. A click on all partners link on this site virtually takes you back to the same site.

There is also a reference to a mcconnell.com site when you try to reach arcpace.co.uk. which does not seem to have any connection with FIR&PINE.
A web search on all partner companies does not give any reasonable result. I am just trying to satisfy my curiosity with my search as I also got an invitation for the Test. Like someone asked there appears to be no office address in all of there locations.
I strongly believe we need to be careful even in our desperation for an employment.
Re: Fir And Pine by akangbenue: 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2010
you guys are making me feel bad i got the letter myself and went there today collected my pack it was very good looking and with the firstbanl logo on it i was assurred and i actived and was sent an e-mail giving my test exact time and number plus number
Re: Fir And Pine by hemdomos: 3:26pm On Feb 23, 2010
Hello house, has anyone ever taken this test by fir and pine and if he has taken the test, has he/she been contacted again?
What is the address of their office in Abuja. I observed that the links to the site of their partners are not active. How do one contact their partners.
I'm still not convince with the authenticity of this organization. we still need concrete info about fir and pine cuz it involves money.
It's not just about paying money for the pack but it's about the authenticity of the organization we are committing with.
One love house
Re: Fir And Pine by nnemak(m): 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2010
Re: Fir And Pine by BIGERBOY1: 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
I also recieved an  mail, but after reading u guys, I believe ur concerns are genuine. Because their website dont give much info about them, and even the links provided there on are vague or nothing much.

And above all i googled the company and thir partners nothing much came up; now if that company is famous there should at least be something about them some where on the WORLD WIDE WEB  apart from their own website, now i might be wrong, but whats the logicof asking pple to pay to write a test. thats some sort of gamble, or r we all guaranteed employment?

Anyway I went to the First bank branch they said in Abuja Muhammad buhari way, and they said they havnt started selling til nxt week, and I called the head office they said they dont know any FIR N PINE, but they will find out and get bak 2 me, now all these is wiered
Re: Fir And Pine by hallo(f): 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
Pls i need more clearification on this. Cos i just got my mail today from FIR And Pine. Plssssss is it real and has done any test from this consultant undecided kiss undecided kiss grin cheesy
Re: Fir And Pine by DeepSoul(f): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
I applied for a job there as well. But right from time, I have always been skeptical. There's smthn very very fishy. I asked sm2 whoz a 1st Bank Mger about it and he knows nothing. I got an invitation from them and the inclusion of First Bank is a bit unnerving.

It's a huge scam. But they are very good. If you no look well, u'll fall for it. They even have an automated sytem that confirms you once you apply.

And what's their business with McConnell in Canada? Huge huge fraud! Dem try but omo we arent dumb na! This is an insult on our collective "intelligences" grin grin grin
Re: Fir And Pine by rockiedink(m): 8:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
@all

it only shows that some people are going through a whole lot of stress to scam people via this so-called vacancy with Fir and Pine.

How come only akangbenue, Grace and AlHassan are the ones who are coming forward to tell us they have collected packs? I dare say they are involved in the scam; if they aren't let them prove it here for all to see. In fact, I go further to suggest that all three are one and the same person posting with different IDs on NL to give the impression that its legit and people are getting packs!

For NL guys in the UK, Arcpace UK supposedly has their registered address as: Claremont, Court Hill, South Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom. How stupid and vague can an address be! No post code, no building number, nothing!

I fired off an email to Tim McConnell of McConnell HR Consulting in Canada asking them if they have any relationship with these jarheads and as soon as I get a response from him, I'd put it here for all to see!

@akangbenue
did you say they sent you an email? post the content of the email up here if you are sure its legit.

[s]Ode oshi ti won ti lo ori tan ti o yii n strut!!![/s]
Re: Fir And Pine by Sprumbaba: 11:42am On Feb 24, 2010
Re: Fir And Pine by abelin78(m): 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2010
Got the same mail too.I am a bit skeptical 'cos at the moment i am in Lagos.
Re: Fir And Pine by austinooo(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2010
No venture, no gain
Re: Fir And Pine by blank(f): 12:33am On Feb 28, 2010
I ran a scam anlysis using a scam anlysis tool, http://www.hyipexplorer.com/tools/analysis.php.

Wasn't able to get a rating but what i found interesting was that this website was created on 19th of January, 2010.

Also, the IP address is based in Germany.

Let me post all the details and you can make up your mind by yourself.

registrant-firstname: Mellissa
registrant-lastname: Hooper
registrant-street1: 1A Court Hill
registrant-street2: Claremont
registrant-pcode: CR2 9NB
registrant-state: CRY
registrant-city: South Croydon
registrant-ccode: GB
registrant-phone: +44.208079859519x19
registrant-email: mellissahooper@yahoo.co.uk

domain: firandpine.com
created: 19-Jan-2010
last-changed: 19-Jan-2010
registration-expiration: 19-Jan-2011

Created : 19-jan-2010
Updated : 19-jan-2010
Expires : 19-jan-201
Re: Fir And Pine by akangbenue: 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2010
i ran my own analysis we should not flog some people with someone elses cane cos if others are dubious does not make everybody dubious follow this link and you will find some details about arcpace of which fir and pine is having a relationship and first bank is selling the cards at their business desk in their main branch in abuja house give this guys a break

ARCPACE LIMITED - 06918123 - South Croydon SURREY - bizzy.info , Company accounts and free history details for Arcpace Limited (06918123) Claremont, Court Hill, South Croydon SURREY from bizzy.info.
bizzy.info/uk/companies/arcpace_limited/co_no/06918123/
Re: Fir And Pine by nnemak(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2010
akangbenue:

i ran my own analysis we should not flog some people with someone elses cane cos if others are dubious does not make everybody dubious follow this link and you will find some details about arcpace of which fir and pine is having a relationship and first bank is selling the cards at their business desk in their main branch in abuja house give this guys a break

ARCPACE LIMITED - 06918123 - South Croydon SURREY - bizzy.info , Company accounts and free history details for Arcpace Limited (06918123) Claremont, Court Hill, South Croydon SURREY from bizzy.info.

I had fallen for this PAY SMALL MONYE to take TEST for a BIG Organization SCAM before. I can never fall for it again. I suspect your apart of the game. Your NL ID is new. Well, all those that want to throw away money should feel free and pay… but when you sit for the test let us know when you get the job, lol
I don’t care if its FG or USA coat of arms on it or even if it’s the embassy that is selling the PACK I know its fraud,
I can smell SCAM from 10 nations away,

Firstbank ko logo ni !!!!!!!!

GOD would deal ruthless with all those scamming jobless peep!!!!!
Re: Fir And Pine by blank(f): 6:05am On Mar 03, 2010
akangbenue:

you guys are making me feel bad i got the letter myself and went there today collected my pack it was very good looking and with the firstbanl logo on it i was assurred and i actived and was sent an e-mail giving my test exact time and number plus number

akangbenue:

i ran my own analysis we should not flog some people with someone elses cane cos if others are dubious does not make everybody dubious follow this link and you will find some details about arcpace of which fir and pine is having a relationship  and first bank is selling the cards at their business desk in their main branch in abuja house give this guys a break

This Akangbue guy seems to be part of them. All ur posts r on this same thread. U started out saying that you were unsure now u happen to know so much about the company. On the fir and pine (what kind of lousy name is dat? shocked) company homepage, it stated that Arcpace was a partner company. This link you gave shows that Arcpace has the same address as fir and pine ( shocked ). I wonder why? My thoughts are that the different company names are just different fronts for the same fraud (Akangbue?)

Since u av received the pack, i thought ur next post will be to say the outcome of the test but here ur sending us to useless links. Abeg jo. I am now more convinced that this is a fraud. It wont be the first time that fraudsters use banks to perpetuate fraud evidenced by all these fraudsters that ask people to pay in money into their accounts. I wont be surprised that someone high up in First Bank is in on the fraud and making some cool cash.

Advice: dont pay for this thrash, wait for others to come and tell u dir experiences. Is there any deadline? But if u feel u av money, go ahead.
Re: Fir And Pine by BIGERBOY1: 8:26am On Mar 03, 2010
guys notice that this akangbe guy registred on nairaland FEB 22, 2010, thats like a week ago, am not sure but i will say he is not even a regular user of this forum, and that he only registered to promote this FIR an PINE saga, what do u think Akangbenue?
Re: Fir And Pine by fedegbo: 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
hi house, i would lik 2 kno much abt ds fir & pine. a frnd hep purchase d card @1st but aint sure which is the serial no or d activation key?
is d 16 digit no the serial no or activation key ?
hep pls
Re: Fir And Pine by archbishop(m): 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
HELLO NAIRALANDERS,

Please i got the text too, but i am in Lagos.
What will i do now. I need help.
??
Thanks,
archbishop
Re: Fir And Pine by lbkstar01: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2010
my friends, please let us be careful and be vigilant in what ever we wants to get our self in. we should not allow job anxiety to put us in the hands of fraudsters well to me paying money to write an aptitude test is unacceptable. one thing i found out from the company is that year of incorporation was not in there so called "about us".
Re: Fir And Pine by busybody20: 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
Akangbenue aka CEO of Fir and Pine,

Welcome to Nairaland! How come all your posts happen to be on this thread? You gave it away too quickly that you are FRAUD tongue
Re: Fir And Pine by busybody20: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2010
On the website;

There is No Address, No postcode, No detailed information about them, No landline (any firm with a mobile number without landline is not taken seriously in the Uk)

I am surprised some people can fall for this kind of Scam!
Who the hell are they? 

Reputable organisations like Shell, Chevron, Total, Mtn etc Never tell you to pay for something - (Pack) before or after a test.

The Scammers Just included their base as United Kingdom in the advert to make it look attractive and catchy (meanwhile they are non-existence). For every 50,000 invitations for test or interviews that were sent out, 40,000 will fall prey and make payments  (so sad  sad ) 40,000 x £10 = £400,000  - Wowwww thats alot of Money!
Wake up and smell the AROMA. It is FRAUD

If you go ahead and pay the money; is that a guarantee for a Job?    ALL WILL BE SENT EMAIL THAT YOU FAILED THE TEST/INTERVIEW

Ask Esther Breakthrough   (Another Fraud firm) how they do it  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Creative Associates Intl.fresh Graduate & Internship Job Vacancies(14 Positions) / Nigerian Bottling Company Recruiting / Apply For Care International Job Recruitment (11 Openings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.