Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) (43917 Views)

Fly Lands On Mike Pence's Head During US VP Debate (Pix, Video) / Mike Pence Disinvited From Wisconsin Lutheran Commencement Speech / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by kokomaster3d: 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
These people are united and love each other. I saw on CNN a whole Supermarket giving out free stuffs from its store to those affected. Another furniture seller converted his workshop to provide bed space. Love at its peak
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by kokomaster3d: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
234ng44uk:
More flooded cars shipping to Nigeria soon.

I am not buying any tokumbo car at the moment. Infact, I am only buying Nigerian used car at the moment

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by banmee(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
codemaniacs:

the same wh:yte people are only doing it for eye service.... the same "help" wh:yte people have been doing to African countries for decades that did not improve the standard of living of the black Africans for all this decades... it was only until after "independence" many African countries started uplifting themselves from poverty...

China has spent less amount of years than your wh:yte friends but have contributed to the infrastructural growth of the continent even if some times that infrastructure may be substandard..

you are either a wh:yte supremacist or you suffer from serious inferiority complex....

You are right. White people are the reason policemen in Nigeria stand in the middle of traffic without fear to collect bribe. White people are the reason you guys do jungle justice. White people are the reason you guys are dirty as phuck. White people are the reason you collect salt and rice to vote for public officials. White people are the reason your politicians loot you blind. You know what? I never realized this until today. Thank you for the eye opener. Smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by codemaniacs: 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
kk

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by teflonjake(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
Destined2win:
Hmmm.

Our geographical location that is pretty void of natural disasters is something we all should be grateful for.

But your joy will be complete when I become President.

It's not void of it please! Benue is currently submerged in flood
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Mujtahida: 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
codemaniacs:

no the wh:ytes were labelled as heroes that were rescuing people...

meanwhile yesterday, the same explorers showed one black dude searching cars in an area covered with serious flood... I will always tackle any self-hating black nl user... they spend billions yearly turning black people against other black people from their movies, to their music and to their media..
Yeah, you are right but go back and find out who really, really does what you just said. Who controls Hollywood, the music industry and the media?
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
Explorers:
President Mike Pence toured storm damage in Texas, and vowed that the U.S. would see people through the tragedy.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, center, and first responders move into place to greet Vice President Mike Pence as he arrives to visit areas affected by Hurricane Harvey, Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017, in Corpus Christi, Texas

He reached out to victims, people in the crowd who had shown up to greet him as he touched down in Texas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4840672/Pence-heads-rubble-strewn-Texas-town.html

Another reason for me to say "thank you Father!"
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by codemaniacs: 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
kk
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Destined2win: 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
teflonjake:

It's not void of it please! Benue is currently submerged in flood
But it can't be as bad as a hurricane
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by codemaniacs: 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
llk
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Deiok(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
overdrive:
All I c is a whole governor on wheelchair.these people system of democracy has advanced far!
Yeah, it not a big deal over there. They have also had a president on wheelchair before.
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by teflonjake(m): 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
Destined2win:
But it can't be as bad as a hurricane

Hurricane Harvey (august 17th-august 31st)
1,000,000 people displaced

Makurdi flood (august 30th-august 31st)
110,000 people displaced

In my own opinion, it's as bad
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Mujtahida: 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
codemaniacs:

its the same wh:ytes....
I see you don't know. Just Google it now: who controls Hollywood, music industry and the media.
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by lorhema(f): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
When I look thru the pictures of the flooding in Makurdi and these of the Houston episode I just imagine the emotional trauma people are experiencing. The loss of stability, basic comfort and a big question mark over their possessions. I watched a young man crying over the loss of 'everything he had' in Houston. I thought he is an example of the hundreds of people who are suffering today in Makurdi, Freetowm and Houston. I pray that the days to come will bring help and hope for each person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
motherfucker:

Benue people need all the help they can get... Sierrra Leone need all the help they can get... America can take care of themselves even without help from outside... think about those who are really helpless back home in Nigeria and Sierra Leone.

Of course man!

I've sympathized with them and done the little I could to help.

I'm conscious of these things.

It's well.
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Awoo88: 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
You see pictures of leaders and people doing all there could to help. FEMA is giving out informations and update about it actions and about this disaster on it website. In Benue, we don't hear anything. NEMA update on it website is pictures of meeting with some persons and how much rice had been shared . No update non information about what is happening in Benue. When the flood is over, idp came will be open and APC will start it useless politics.
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by sshalom(m): 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2017
It is such a devastating flood. May GOD comfort those affected.
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
WhiteSoup:
I does not knows why American is bless with good leaders while Nigeria is curse with ladders like the daura dullardd. sad

We miss Goodluck Jonathan
We the yoruba has learnt our lessen undecided
lol. The jazz wee Hausa people give una don clear abii
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by akigbemaru: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
Explorers:
President Mike Pence toured storm damage in Texas, and vowed that the U.S. would see people through the tragedy.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, center, and first responders move into place to greet Vice President Mike Pence as he arrives to visit areas affected by Hurricane Harvey, Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017, in Corpus Christi, Texas

He reached out to victims, people in the crowd who had shown up to greet him as he touched down in Texas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4840672/Pence-heads-rubble-strewn-Texas-town.html

Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by codemaniacs: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
ll
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Sam0(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
WhiteSoup:
I does not knows why American is bless with good leaders while Nigeria is curse with ladders like the daura dullardd. sad

Simple English you can't compose and you r calling somebody a dullard, abeg waiting you come be?
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Konskott(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
Didn't see any soldier or gun? In Nigeria, soldiers with strongly starched green on green khaki and AK47 destroyer dangling would be hovering everywhere. In Nigeria, soldiers and guns following a public official mean that he has arrived. Call it status symbol, but its all nonsense.
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Mujtahida: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
codemaniacs:

then enlighten me they are all wh:ytes in my eyes...
I don't want to derail the thread cos if I mention it, it might lead to arguments which I don't have breath for now. Don't worry, keep your eyes and ears open and one day you'd get wind of it. For insight: it's not the Illuminati. Cheers
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by kiddkash(m): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
perfect time to rob houses
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by okpurukata(f): 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
Explorers:
Looting

Some were seen carrying TV from a store.

And they are black!!!
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by ochobaba(m): 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
bakaredc:
there was actually a press release from the president's office to that effect...
Press release by who
Cz the last time I checked I found none
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by akigbemaru: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2017
WhiteSoup:

Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Ichietome: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
NubiLove:
Mike Pence should have BEEN the president instead of Donald Trump... it is just that he might have NOT won if he contested against Hilary. I just wished they would impeach Donald Trump so that Mike Pence enters.
You are ignorant
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
BigBelleControl:
Buhari too should visit Benue, but I know he won't go. Osinbajo may try.

And I hope those submerged cars won't end up in Nigeria.

babablogger:
you can't compare the devastation of hurricane Harvey to a minute flood in benue

Your mind has been subtly colonized.
1. There is no need for comparison, there is a flood in Benue, Nigeria with 110,000 displaced and billions in property under threat or lost; period.

2. We do not know what the final status will be, and there is need to be proactive.

3. There is a government in Nigeria and a president who has responsibility for safety of the people

4. It is not our business what America or any other country does: we should set our own standards of right and wrong and it is right for Buhari to visit.

5. Lives in Houston are not more important than lives in Gboko or Makurdi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Ichietome: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
planetx:
Enough of all this flooding in Texas already, there are Natural disasters all over Africa that you people will never cover or show the same level of sympathy but always kissing oyinbos ass pls enough already. There was a even more devastating flooding in south east Asia that killed 1200 people but it was just briefly mentioned on CNN but the white man's disaster is always shoved down everybody's throat instead of talking about global warming which is causing intense rainfall and flooding all over the planet and it's going to get worse.
True. Very true.
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
BigBelleControl:
Mike Pence would be a better president than Donald Trump.

God bless you

Thank you

Trump is not a politician, but a businessman
Re: Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) by Kakamorufu(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
Explorers:
Volunteers with private boat did a great job.

Rescued victims
it's well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trump Calls Kim Darroch, UK Ambassador 'A Very Stupid Guy' / Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) / Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.