Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? (909 Views)

Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria / Dele Momodu: I Weep For Buhari… His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly / Abducted Dapchi Girls: Do Not Weep For Leah Sheribu (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Built2last: 1:29am On Sep 02, 2017
Right at our center, Benue state has been submerged in water with over 200,000 people stranded and homeless. Report has it that over 47,000 houses went under water. The implication is that people have lost everything. I mean everything. Monies, certificates,clothes food. I mean everything. We may never find out how many people that were swept away by this flood.

Hurricane happened in Texas. Houston to be precise, celebrities and Nigerians were all over social media sending comiserations. You read statements like "My heart goes out to the people of Texas, pray for Texas. My kidney goes out to the people of Mumbai for the flood. My teeth goes out to the people of siera-leone for the mudslide.

Do you know that Nigeria sent relief materials to Siera-leone with 2 million dollars cash. That's 720,000,000 million naira. This was reported in all dailies. http://thenationonlineng.net/mudslide-nigeria-donates-2m-cash-relief-materials-sierra-leone/ Our IDP camps are screaming for help due to lack of food. I mean basic food.

Our dear wife of the president Mrs Aisha Buari called the wife of the president of Siera-leone to commiserate with her on the loss. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/sierra-leone-mudslide-aisha-buhari-commiserates-mrs-koroma/...Has she called Mrs Orthom to commiserate with her? 2019 is coming and ands he will soon distribute uniforms for all state first ladies to join her train.

In our own Benue state, 12 Local governments were submerged with 21 communities affected. Bear in mind that Benue people are largely agrarians. The president spoke after two days of the incident for the first time. And what did he say. He instructed NEMA to move in and made a pledge. In his words, daily post reported.
"The President extends his sympathies to the Government and people of Benue State, and assures that the Federal Government will make available any assistance needed to enable the State Government and the affected communities cope with and surmount the impact of the flooding,” we made a pledge to Benue people but gave away almost a Billion naira in cash to Siera-leone. Even the devil is scared of our hypocrisy.

There is no serious live media update from news media in Nigeria to draw attention to the gravity of the loss as seen in other climes. People all over the world are donating to the Texas victims because the media is pushing it to the face of all and it's our shared humanity being tested by nature. CNN has opened donation centers. Same with Fox news, ABC news and other organizations. This became possible because the media brought out the gravity of the hurricane and it's damage.

NTA gave live update of prayers taking place in Saudi Arabia for the Sallah but sent a reporter with camera and broom mic to capture images of the Benue flood and that was it.

Benue has gone under. Nigeria Navy will never step in to rescue and support victims as experts trained in that field. Our Airforce would have been human enough to use their many choppers to lift people and join in the search and rescue.

The president has travelled to Daura to go and celebrate Sallah for 7 days. Nigeria played their match against Cameroon like nothing has happened. The trainings and marches fixed in Dallas was called off due to the tragedy. The cricket game scheduled to take place in India was called off.
Trump has at least visited Houston and pledged one million dollars from his personal purse to support the victims. the VP Pence has also gone to see the victims.

Take note, when Nigeria tells you they have sent help to the victims. They are usually kept in an open primary or secondary school in in a nearby locality. Indomie, rice and blanket is distributed with a makeshift kitchen where these people are fed from a giant pot for one month, after which. It's to your fate or Israel.

Nobody will ever remember that beyond food there are children that need to go to school there and fees must be paid. Nobody remembers that parents have lost everything and will require financial aid to start life all over again. No body will remember that security is needed to protect whatever is left of those houses because hoodlums may want top take advantage.
Where is the love
Where is our shared humanity
Where is our brotherhood
Where is our value for life...

From the Facebook wall of Tims Jeshurun Chimereze

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Yyeske(m): 1:43am On Sep 02, 2017
Too bad for Nigeria, hope this flood wouldn't be same like last time the river Niger was flooded and hit Anambra and other states bordering the river so much.
The FG should act fast
Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Blue3k(m): 1:57am On Sep 02, 2017
My cousin said the same things about Nigerian celebrities sending condolences to France but didn't care about church shooting in Nigeria. This guy's are just virtue signaling hype beast. They attention and pat on head is all that matters.

Nigeria Navy will never step in to rescue and support victims as experts trained in that field. Our Airforce would have been human enough to use their many choppers to lift people and join in the search and rescue.

They need order.

1 Like

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by HoluwarTohbar(f): 2:09am On Sep 02, 2017
Buhari didn't care about the annihilation intent of herdsmen in Benue state, why should flooding matter to him? Don't blame the yeyebrities and dont blame us either, when the head is rotten....

8 Likes

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:15am On Sep 02, 2017
Buhari won't bate an eyelid over infidels filled Benue who are meant to be eliminated by Fulanis in the first place..

Have u ever seen Aisha Buhari doing her Charity event in any Christian States or community since took office?? Go figure out that.....!!

Almost All her donations are strictly Core Northern HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims communities..

Benue people are expendable species to Buhari government.

Take heart folks......APC is pro- HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims...
50yrs after Biafran War the south-east remain war torn zone in infrastructure decay but the Northeast with its self inflicted Sharia struggling Shekau has already have in place a NEDC to rebuild the zone with Oil Money running Billions of Dollars. Why... Cos Buhari feels the HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims are too superior.

10 Likes

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by enemybulldozer(m): 2:45am On Sep 02, 2017
Built2last:
Right at our center, Benue state has been submerged in water with over 200,000 people stranded and homeless. Report has it that over 47,000 houses went under water. The implication is that people have lost everything. I mean everything. Monies, certificates,clothes food. I mean everything. We may never find out how many people that were swept away by this flood.

Hurricane happened in Texas. Houston to be precise, celebrities and Nigerians were all over social media sending comiserations. You read statements like "My heart goes out to the people of Texas, pray for Texas. My kidney goes out to the people of Mumbai for the flood. My teeth goes out to the people of siera-leone for the mudslide.

Do you know that Nigeria sent relief materials to Siera-leone with 2 million dollars cash. That's 720,000,000 million naira. This was reported in all dailies. http://thenationonlineng.net/mudslide-nigeria-donates-2m-cash-relief-materials-sierra-leone/ Our IDP camps are screaming for help due to lack of food. I mean basic food.

Our dear wife of the president Mrs Aisha Buari called the wife of the president of Siera-leone to commiserate with her on the loss. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/sierra-leone-mudslide-aisha-buhari-commiserates-mrs-koroma/...Has she called Mrs Orthom to commiserate with her? 2019 is coming and ands he will soon distribute uniforms for all state first ladies to join her train.

In our own Benue state, 12 Local governments were submerged with 21 communities affected. Bear in mind that Benue people are largely agrarians. The president spoke after two days of the incident for the first time. And what did he say. He instructed NEMA to move in and made a pledge. In his words, daily post reported.
"The President extends his sympathies to the Government and people of Benue State, and assures that the Federal Government will make available any assistance needed to enable the State Government and the affected communities cope with and surmount the impact of the flooding,” we made a pledge to Benue people but gave away almost a Billion naira in cash to Siera-leone. Even the devil is scared of our hypocrisy.

There is no serious live media update from news media in Nigeria to draw attention to the gravity of the loss as seen in other climes. People all over the world are donating to the Texas victims because the media is pushing it to the face of all and it's our shared humanity being tested by nature. CNN has opened donation centers. Same with Fox news, ABC news and other organizations. This became possible because the media brought out the gravity of the hurricane and it's damage.

NTA gave live update of prayers taking place in Saudi Arabia for the Sallah but sent a reporter with camera and broom mic to capture images of the Benue flood and that was it.

Benue has gone under. Nigeria Navy will never step in to rescue and support victims as experts trained in that field. Our Airforce would have been human enough to use their many choppers to lift people and join in the search and rescue.

The president has travelled to Daura to go and celebrate Sallah for 7 days. Nigeria played their match against Cameroon like nothing has happened. The trainings and marches fixed in Dallas was called off due to the tragedy. The cricket game scheduled to take place in India was called off.
Trump has at least visited Houston and pledged one million dollars from his personal purse to support the victims. the VP Pence has also gone to see the victims.

Take note, when Nigeria tells you they have sent help to the victims. They are usually kept in an open primary or secondary school in in a nearby locality. Indomie, rice and blanket is distributed with a makeshift kitchen where these people are fed from a giant pot for one month, after which. It's to your fate or Israel.

Nobody will ever remember that beyond food there are children that need to go to school there and fees must be paid. Nobody remembers that parents have lost everything and will require financial aid to start life all over again. No body will remember that security is needed to protect whatever is left of those houses because hoodlums may want top take advantage.
Where is the love
Where is our shared humanity
Where is our brotherhood
Where is our value for life...

From the Facebook wall of Tims Jeshurun Chimereze
That is zoogeria for you!!
Welcome to "one zoogeria" where human lives has no value.

6 Likes

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Rtopzy(f): 3:50am On Sep 02, 2017
Now I see why people call the country a zoo.... this is pathetic....

5 Likes

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by coolzeal(m): 4:20am On Sep 02, 2017
This is an eye opener. .. I urge all of you to read it and understand why we are stuck and doom.

https://www.nairaland.com/4024591/african-should-wake-up-sleep
Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Nonaira1: 4:46am On Sep 02, 2017
Yet you wonder why Nnamdi Kanu have high number of followers. Welcome to your "one Nigeria".

Over to you one Niggerian. Defend the hypocritical, hate-filled, shithole.

Quote me on this: if this happened to hausa/fulani territory, you would have seen the government sprite into action. But since it's not, well in the mind of buhari led government, Bleep am!
One north is one of the biggest fallacy known to men right after One Nigeria. But hey the middle belt choose to be disregarded and used. Na their choice so who am I to pull them out of their delusion. Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri only remembers the rest of them "one north" when it's time for election or when they fighting any group in the south and they need someone from the "north" to take the blame and the hatred.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by MVLOX(m): 4:48am On Sep 02, 2017
Well what do u expect from a country that treat foreigners like gods and see its citizens as slaves..... it didn't start 2day and won't end anytime soon

1 Like

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by babyfaceafrica: 5:13am On Sep 02, 2017
Go sleep

2 Likes

Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by GavelSlam: 6:50am On Sep 02, 2017
Shut up.

Were you asleep?

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to immediately mobilise personnel and resources to come to the aid of the victims of the flooding in Benue.

The president gave the directive in a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Thursday.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Benue Radio Station, Wurukum Market and several other communities have been submerged occasioned by the heavy downpour in the state.

At least 100,000 persons were also displaced across 12 local government areas of the state as a result of the calamity.

Mr. Buhari, who expressed great concern over the unfortunate incident in the state, said he would continue to closely monitor the situation to ensure compliance with his directives on the incident.

According to him, he will also be receiving regular updates on the scale of the disaster, as well as the Federal Government’s humanitarian response.

He assured that the Federal Government would make available any assistance needed to enable the state government and the affected communities cope with and surmount the impact of the flooding.

The president extended his sympathies to the government and people of Benue.(NAN)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/242121-buhari-directs-emergency-response-benue-flooding.html/amp
Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Built2last: 8:28am On Sep 02, 2017
Lalasticlala this article is questioning our humanity. Leadership gap, media response and others. It deserves FP
Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Nukualofa: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2017
GavelSlam:
Shut up.

Were you asleep?

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to immediately mobilise personnel and resources to come to the aid of the victims of the flooding in Benue.

The president gave the directive in a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Thursday.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Benue Radio Station, Wurukum Market and several other communities have been submerged occasioned by the heavy downpour in the state.

At least 100,000 persons were also displaced across 12 local government areas of the state as a result of the calamity.

Mr. Buhari, who expressed great concern over the unfortunate incident in the state, said he would continue to closely monitor the situation to ensure compliance with his directives on the incident.

According to him, he will also be receiving regular updates on the scale of the disaster, as well as the Federal Government’s humanitarian response.

He assured that the Federal Government would make available any assistance needed to enable the state government and the affected communities cope with and surmount the impact of the flooding.

The president extended his sympathies to the government and people of Benue.(NAN)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/242121-buhari-directs-emergency-response-benue-flooding.html/amp
This is so pathetic. May that which the Benue people are going through now come down hard on your community and let buhari also make same pronouncements
Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 02, 2017
That's the level Nigeria has Rotten to. Buhari started it and it might continue. Eagerness to show make foreigners believe you are a good person is tearing Nigeria apart.
Re: I Weep For Nigeria - Why are we so hypocritical? by Daewang: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2017
Embrace one naijiriya smh

(1) (Reply)

Little Boy; Die Hard Buhari Fan Found In Benue / Biafra: Buhari Wants To Wipe Out The Igbo Race - Femi Fani-kayode. / AGF Initiates Court Process Today To Ban IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.