Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,523 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion (8188 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos) / From Port Harcourt To Lagos And Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by TONYE001(m): 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

omo this calls for demeanor attention...

and don't always bank on an app 100 percent....

it cannot still show whether there is a robbery ahead, riot ahead, or areas with little or no GPS / network coverage.... so being ahead of the game requires that u know all these

but most of its routes are updated!

lemme bring in the big guns for u....

cc thebigkendo , Gazuzz, diportivo, heavenlybang, nwanenni, captainking, banky3w and the host of others to great to mention pattybf also and timifakay

PS u need to draft your route, long distance journeys are not jokes for starters ..... u need to have all the info u need besides map....

Thank you... Would wait on for the "big guns..."
Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
TONYE001:

With this, I officially rest my worries. I just updated the app. When I return to PH (currently in Abuja), I'd ensure the car is in order. Come January, I'd hit the road.

My other worry is, the said vehicle is not in my name. It's in my brother's. Hope this wouldn't be an issue with the police? Do I need a Change of Ownership document? Any idea?

Again, thank you.

There's nothing wrong with the car being in your brother's name.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

omo this calls for demeanor attention...

and don't always bank on an app 100 percent....

it cannot still show whether there is a robbery ahead, riot ahead, or areas with little or no GPS / network coverage.... so being ahead of the game requires that u know all these

but most of its routes are updated!

lemme bring in the big guns for u....

cc thebigkendo , Gazuzz, dip ortivo, heavenl ybang, nwan enni, captain king, ban ky3w and the host of others to great to mention pattybf also and timifa kay

PS u need to draft your route, long distance journeys are not jokes for starters ..... u need to have all the info u need besides map....

Uncle is that my name? angry dats how I will miss better gossip because of spelling.
Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
TONYE001:

With this, I officially rest my worries. I just updated the app. When I return to PH (currently in Abuja), I'd ensure the car is in order. Come January, I'd hit the road.

My other worry is, the said vehicle is not in my name. It's in my brother's. Hope this wouldn't be an issue with the police? Do I need a Change of Ownership document? Any idea?

Again, thank you.

If you have the same father, no problem, if not, let him put it in writing that you have permission to drive the specified vehicle with specified information within a specified duration of time.

1 Like

Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

If you have the same father, no problem, if not, let him put it in writing that you have permission to drive the specified vehicle with specified information within a specified duration of time.

baba abeg I dey come drop my ride for ur place on Saturday abeg..... abeg.......... please don't say no....
abeg once again.

1 Like

Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by TONYE001(m): 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Yeah, we have the same father. Same surname.
Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by timifakay(m): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2018
TONYE001:

Thank you... Would wait on for the "big guns..."

When you dey express way and you see all those buses keeping to one lane at 100kmph, jejely join that lane oh, don't vex and fire 140kmph to overtake them, else you are speeding to a ditch ahead.

Then, on Google map, upper left corner shows direction to turn...

2 Likes

Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by TONYE001(m): 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2018
timifakay:

When you dey express way and you see all those buses keeping to one lane at 100kmph, jejely join that lane oh, don't vex and fire 140kmph to overtake them, else you are speeding to a ditch ahead.

Thanks. I ordinarily do not over speed sef and I know this is norm for Naija roads.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by thebigkendo(m): 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2018
timifakay:

Kai.. Too much sense will not kee you!!!

TONYE001 follow this advice!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by TONYE001(m): 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
thebigkendo:

Kai.. Too much sense will not kee you!!!

TONYE001 follow this advice!!!

Sure, thanks.
Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by banky3w(m): 7:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
You can open throttle anyhow when you are in lokoja-Abuja expressway. But be careful oh or that road wee kee you. Just make sure you don't journey those roads too early in the morning or late in the evening.....

2 Likes

Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by timifakay(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
banky3w:
You can open throttle anyhow when you are in lokoja-Abuja expressway. But be careful oh or that road wee kee you. Just make sure you don't journey those roads too early in the morning or late in the evening.....

For night, Army check points for that road no be here...
Re: My Journey From Port Harcourt To Lagos With Google Maps As My Companion by TONYE001(m): 7:45am On Dec 11, 2018
Also, what quantity of fuel should I be looking at?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx / Which One Is Better For Uber / Toyota Corolla Vs Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.