Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

China Bans Children From Attending Churches - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / China Bans Children From Attending Churches (44983 Views)

I Was Sent Out Of The Church And Banned From Attending It Today / China Bans Christians From All Church Activities / China Bans Children From Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2017
suchmuch:
I so much love China..... I wish I was a Chinese

Religion should be by choice..... Nobody is born a Muslim or a Christian we all practice thereligion of our parents and accept it as the right one without making any findings our self.

This law just made my day......... I am so happy
religion has always been by choice but in this case of China that have made it other wise.
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by JaffyJoe(m): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2017
My faith soars the more whenever i read news like this. It further validates the scripture because it's been written. The political correct, the homos, trannies, rag-headed futa jalons, atheists, fake yahoo yahoo & bling bling pastors etc, ya'll motivates someone like me in immeasurable ways.

As for China, goodluck!
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by SexytorresE(f): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2017
diportivo:
their country

their problem

for this country we go church pass angels

but we devil pass Satan

who church going epp
I concur cool

1 Like

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by ufotunang: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2017
The gospel cannot be stopped, we must all go to church
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by bullabong(m): 10:57am On Sep 03, 2017
Very good! Wonderful news
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
Only few Nigerians are Christians.

Very few.
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by tochivitus(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2017
BroZuma:
Good going China...that way you don't end up like India.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by deafeyez: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2017
Mekanus:

Nice move. Back here we are the most religious but the most useless country on the face of the earth. We can't even produce toothpick but those who do not believe in an imaginary friend are the ones sustaining us.

Do u know u can start something that can benefit others.
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
Only few Nigerians are Christians.
Where did you get that from ? Oh you are likely to be a brainwashed Muslim. The Christian population in Nigeria eclipses that of the Islamic counterpart. Make a research and confirm what I just told you
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by SpaceBar: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2017
Religion has been a system put in place to control and direct the mind of man. Many found solace in religion after the fall of the Roman empire in the renaissance period, funny enough, the so called "religion" has prevented many from using their instincts furthermore due to fear of going against....emhhm...nothing...just fear. it's overrated. In as much as religion is a plague on the freedom and mental health of man, it will be unfair if I don't credit it for the check it's doing in maintaining peace and orderliness in the society as so called religious folks whom has got criminal tendencies refrain from some criminal act. But I still hold my view that "man should be free from mental slavery" #I believe in one true GOD.

2 Likes

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by persius555(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2017
60 percent of South Koreans are Christains and they are doing better than china can imagine. North Korea on the other hand is a shit hole despite been a no-religion state. Eventually, China will become another North Korea.
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by Lieyel09(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2017
Nice move china, let ppl choose their beliefs for themselves not someone choosing for them from infancy

1 Like

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by mickeymimi: 11:36am On Sep 03, 2017
No freedom ........so parents cannot take their children to their place of worship again... embarassed

CHRISTIANS have been threatened with legal action if they do not stop sending their children to a church in China.
Parents at a church in the Guizhou province have been banned from allowing teenagers and young children to worship.
Local government officials have said youngsters will be forbidden from going to college or joining the military if they continue to attend church. An official from a church in Huaqiu, named only as Mou, said: “This notice was sent to all of the schools in Huaqiu.
Some 57,000 churches belong to the Chinese Communist Party which also forbids teachers and soldiers from becoming Christians.

Mow said: “Yesterday morning, I questioned a government official in our township, saying ‘we do not accept the way you handled our church’s public meetings … what regulations does the central government have prohibiting church meetings? Let us see them.’ He said ‘the higher level leadership ordered us to do this; we are just doing as they say.’

“Huaqiu is in a dark place.”
It’s unclear if the ban came from central or local government.
But in a bizarre ruling officials also stopped an elderly man from attending church in the town.

Officials threatened to withdraw his grandson’s acceptance into a military academy if the man did not stop visiting the church.
There are some 97million Christians in China but believers are increasingly under threat.
With non-government church meetings continually disrupted or stopped with church buildings destroyed.

The Chinese Communist Party also decided how many people can be baptised each year and what can be preached.
But despite the hard line from the government, Christianity continues to grow.
It’s thought China will have the world’s largest Christian population by 2020.

Comments>>>>>>>>>>

C.D. Carney
Isn't communism the greatest? Not only do you have no rights other than the ones you are allowed to have but you can't keep your money, believe in anything other than the government, and if you try to speak out you are disappeared... Let's bring that to America! Pfft.
ReplyShare+1

399 days ago
Pan Da Modium
I spent Christmas 1984 in Peking. When we went to an old Church for the festive services there were always Communist Police and Thugs jostling the people as they went in. I started taking photos of them taking photos and they got quite upset. The Church was always packed with people and we Westerners used to form a big wedge as we left so that the local Christians couldn't be attacked as they left. Very brave people in 1984 and thankfully still fighting the good fight.
ReplyShare+3

399 days ago
AlHamilton
Chinese Christian asylum seekers, lets take 20,000 of those in place of the refugees we are assigned.
ReplyShare4 replies+5

399 days ago
Pan Da Modium
Perhaps we could swop 5 million Chinese Christians for 5 Million unwelcome heathens? They would be a big plus for the economy rather than the present drain.
ReplyShare3 replies+7

399 days ago
Rob Thailand
Trouble is the Chinese are super intelligent and would take over the country in no time, Stop immigration full stop.
ReplyShare2 replies-2

399 days ago
platyipus
If the Chinese are super intelligent, why are they playing catch up?

Most of China's tech industry has been given, sold or stolen from the West.
ReplyShare0

399 days ago
C.D. Carney
I have no problems letting in Chinese Christians. They won't be Communist Party members and they won't try to kill us for being infidels.
ReplyShare+3
This comment has been deleted
1 reply

399 days ago
Pan Da Modium
Poor Paddy too much Goo for breakfast?
ReplyShare0

400 days ago
rob16
and still our govt allow these people access to big business here in the uk, you cannot trust china. they must not be allowe to build our power stations, use the foreign aid budget and the money from hs2 instead
ReplyShare0
This comment has been deleted
3 replies

400 days ago
Doug
Could we start with banning Feminism and other far-left ideologies?
Or only things that don't make you happy?
ReplyShare+1

399 days ago
AlHamilton
You, I take it were not in China during Mao's regime.
ReplyShare+1

399 days ago
Pan Da Modium
Oh Dear! You do have a big problem.
ReplyShare0

400 days ago
millyjones
May must say NO to this barbaric country.
ReplyShare+4

400 days ago
LeslieHayward
Provided that it includes ALL religions, I think that secular education is well worth while.

ReplyShare1 reply+9

400 days ago
PaddyGoo
Totes agree sir.
ReplyShare+2

400 days ago
Cml
Another country trying to get rid of Christianity!
ReplyShare2 replies+4

400 days ago
PaddyGoo
All religion actually, do keep up.
ReplyShare1 reply+4

399 days ago
AlHamilton
Religion the opiate of the masses, they managed the opiate problem pretty well for a while too.
ReplyShare0

400 days ago
Rusticus
At least the Chines allow Churches, many Islamic States like Saudi Arabia have no Churches at all and its even a crime to practice Christian Worship even in your own home.
ReplyShare+10

400 days ago
average voter
And our Christian country's politicians want the future of UK energy to become dependent on the Chinese Government by paying them £billions to build Hinkley Point and thereby create our future energy dependency on the whims of whoever is in power in China and their agenda towards the west and the UK in particular ?
ReplyShare1 reply+7

399 days ago
AlHamilton
Not sure how having them build it puts them in charge.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/694830/China-BANS-children-from-attending-church-and-threaten-parents-with-legal-action
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by Masterclass32: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2017
Wrong move.
Poor China.
That won't stop the spread of the Gospel, though.
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by kennyblack94: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2017
post=60084541:
Lol. This is a classical move to control the minds of the future. By prohibiting children from going to church you have taken away the choice.. simply put china has turned the Chinese to prisoners in their own country.. China is heading for doom.
I wonder what you've gotten from your freedom of worship and christainity in Nigeria. ..corruption and youth dependence on politics...for a country to develop it's number of scientists and engineers needs to double every year and not mind imprisonment called Christianity and Islam...dat limits your reasoning to only heaven and hell..

4 Likes

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by kennyblack94: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2017
mccoy47:
My street in PH has 14 churches! No exaggeration!(3 redeemed, 2 assemblies of God, 1 deeper life, 1 anglican & numerous ministries)
Yet it's the home of prostitution, cultism and theft!
The bigger the cathedral in the city, the bigger the madness and lack of reasoning in the society..

1 Like

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by loswhite(m): 11:43am On Sep 03, 2017
post=60084541:
Lol. This is a classical move to control the minds of the future. By prohibiting children from going to church you have taken away the choice.. simply put china has turned the Chinese to prisoners in their own country.. China is heading for doom.
And u think the church is different...smh
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by kennyblack94: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2017
persius555:
60 percent of South Koreans are Christains and they are doing better than china can imagine. North Korea on the other hand is a shit hole despite been a no-religion state. Eventually, China will become another North Korea.
You're just a ypical Nigerian...you guys like propaganda and lies..
Here's religion statistics in South Korea
No formal religion, Sindo, Korean Confucianism, unregistered groups (56.9%)
Protestantism (19.7%)
Roman Catholicism (7.9%)
Korean Buddhism (15.5%)
Stop misleading people with your christainity brainwashed mind..

7 Likes

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 03, 2017
They should do as they please. We should be true to ourselves, it is even in the church that u see a lot of bad things happening. People fighting / killing because of a position in church eg. TREASURER. We have allowed money to make us forget what we are in church for in the first place. If na Church go make us go forward then we for don RICH pass anything cos Nigeria has so many churches. The good ones are few. The greedy ones are many.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by loadedvibes: 11:52am On Sep 03, 2017
Guys guys.. loswhite kennyblack94 ivolt Sniper12.

I wonder why y'all just think this is about the church and Christianity.. You are missing out in the bigger pishur here..
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by Kassidy90(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2017
post=60084541:
Actually its d opposite.....I believe one of the greatest problems of world is Religion, its not like they banned it all they do is to stop people forcing other people to belief in their religion Muslim n Christian alike, I knw many people are either Muslims or Xtian coz their parents or grandparents are same....they should just let those kids grow up n chose whether to be religious or not
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by kennyblack94: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2017
Nice move, I love this Chinese and other atheist countries,Africa the most religious continent but the least developed.. I remember when I was small in block rosary centres they will tell you to pray for Russia so that they will become christains,i will always ask myself why do we have to pray for Russia,people who are far more developed to we Africans.. If you look at it you see that religion makes you stupid and deprive you the ability to reason appropriately as humans rather you leave to please an imaginary creature no one has ever seen.. .

1 Like

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by bluecircle470: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
diportivo:
their country

their problem

for this country we go church pass angels

but we devil pass Satan

who church going epp

So Christian gathering does not help you! What a life!
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by jonbellion(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
Vutseck:
my people would rather use state funds to sponsor religious tourism
that stuff is so mind boggling and daft bro
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
post=60087762:

I wonder why y'all just think this is about the church and Christianity.. You are missing out in the bigger pishur here..
y not tell us
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by bionixs: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
Biodun1929:

You can't compare Saudi Arabia and Nigeria.

*Saudi is the number one oil producing country in the world. Nigeria is at number 13 position.

*Saudi produces 11 million barrels of oil a day. Nigeria produces 1.9 million barrels a day (it drops lower when militants are blowing up pipelines).

*Saudi Arabia has a population of 32 million. Nigeria has a population of 180 million.

Do the math.
you don't get it sir. I am not doubting you. At least we are far ahead of Libya. Before their civil war broke out, ask those who have been to that country, they will tell you that it was a place to be. give us all the whole oil produced in Arab, it would still be stolen. The main issue is that those who hate the church would always blame the ills of nigeria on the church. the question should be , if despite all the churches we have around evil keeps multiplying,how would it be if there are no churches? which church ever preach to people to do evil even if the church itself is evil? church may not have helped lots of people because they dont live thier lives according to the gospel they hear from there. Same church that says do not kill, steal,bear false witness still says, do not sleep with your girl friends. but let us say the truth, before you blame that church, have you stopped sleeping with whoever that hasn't married you or you have not married? the politician is guilty stealing, boko haram is guilty killing and many are guilty FORNICATING. anyone who had been to a church that tell people to commit crime should tell us here. church is not our problem, we are. church preaches to you and as a free adult , you choose to do what you like and when the society is destroyed, you turn around and blame the church whereas you couldn't even keep one principle the church taught you

1 Like

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by jonbellion(m): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
Integrityfarms:
No man or government ever fights God and come out victorious.

The beginning of the downfall of China
and Nigeria that is not fighting God is not heading through a downward spiral huh undecided
Are Chinese universities on strike due to the incompetence of the government
Recover your sense before it gets totally bleached

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by ayokellany: 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
post=60084541:

Was it Christianity that raised them above doom previously ? Pls think n comment not just comment.
Re: China Bans Children From Attending Churches by ivolt: 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
post=60087762:

If you think we thought that this was about church and christianity, you are the
one who missed the bigger picture.
This is about power and the communist party will not share power with any other
organization for practical reasons, it doesn't matter whether it is a chruch, mosque or
monastery, China will not tolerate a competitor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Security Breach May Lead To Domestic Plane Crash - Tb Joshua / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.