Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,316 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 (2424 Views)

Toyota Sienna 2000 Full AC Neatly Nigerian Used / Ford Windstar 2003 Vs Toyota Sienna 2000 / Toyota Sienna 2000 Gear Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 11:09am On Sep 03, 2017
My Toyota Sienna 2000 model. For the people that av knowledge of destination I want to describe .
Travel from Gbagada to ibafo and from ibafo straight to ikorodu, ON A/C from Ketu down to ikorodu with free and clear road .
But when coming back from ikorodu to Gbagada I face traffic from Ajegunle to ketu which lasted for 2to3 hours with full A/C.
All these for #4000 fuel ...pls help me if it normal or consuming much fuel,So to kn what I Can do.
Pls save your brother.
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2017
Help!
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2017
Help o!
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by honmusa(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2017
use your vehicle trip meter or odometer to get the convered distance right to better judgement.
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
honmusa:
use your vehicle trip meter or odometer to get the convered distance right to better judgement.
... thanks
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by timifakay(m): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
If the pump is accurate, you had 27.6liters of fuel
Bosun13:
My Toyota Sienna 2000 model. For the people that av knowledge of destination I want to describe .
Travel from Gbagada to ibafo and from ibafo straight to ikorodu, ON A/C from Ketu down to ikorodu with free and clear road .
But when coming back from ikorodu to Gbagada I face traffic from Ajegunle to ketu which lasted for 2to3 hours with full A/C.
All these for #4000 fuel ...pls help me if it normal or consuming much fuel,So to kn what I Can do.
Pls save your brother.
The bolded part is not clear, last stated destination was Ikorodu not Ketu.
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
timifakay:
If the pump is accurate, you had 27.6liters of fuel

The boldest part is not clear, last stated destination was Ikorodu not Ketu.
....on my way to ikorodu from ibafo when I get to ketu I Switched on a/c
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
I just get d car that's why I want to know weither is normal.....
when I use obd2 test ... this is result I get
P0135
P0141
P0155
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by honmusa(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
Bosun13:
... thanks
Let me give u simple guide
Your car average normal fuel consumption is 8km/litre and taking into consideration AC and other factors let make it 7 km/litre.
4k fuel is around 26litre ,hence under normal condition your car should be able to cover around 180 km with that 4k worth of fuel .And your calculation should be around that range to indicate that all is still well with your car systems generally.
So buy your 4k Worth of fuel and zero your trip meter or take a record of odometer and note the distance that the odometer will cover till your exhaust the 4k fuel .
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by honmusa(m): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Bosun13:
P0135
P0141
P0155
All these are 02 sensor malfunction codes and personally from experience I don't take decision from codes cos it can be misleading especially when u have not reported any specific symptoms,I make my final judgment from live data and electrical testing result .

So it better u go for diagnoses in any competent techie workshops that has been tested and trusted!!!
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
honmusa:

Let me give u simple guide
Your car average normal fuel consumption is 8km/litre and taking into consideration AC and other factors let make it 7 km/litre.
4k fuel is around 26litre ,hence under normal condition your car should be able to cover around 180 km with that 4k worth of fuel .And your calculation should be around that range to indicate that all is still well with your car systems generally.
So buy your 4k Worth of fuel and zero your trip meter or take a record of odometer and note the distance that the odometer will cover till your exhaust the 4k fuel ...... I really really appreciate your advice thanks a lot
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
Honmusa ... u r greate .
Thanks
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by eRex(m): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
I think its fair...I use a Mazda mpv from ijede(30 mins drive from ikorodu round about) in ikorodu to yaba daily..:and spend about 3k fuel daily... I don't always use AC.. But depending on how bad the traffic is .. I still get fuel marker reading higher than I started my journey.
Heard sienna consumes more... So + AC plus in 2hours traffic.. I thinks its fair.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by honmusa(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
eRex:
I think its fair...I use a Mazda mpv from ijede(30 mins drive from ikorodu round about) in ikorodu to yaba daily..:and spend about 3k fuel daily... I don't always use AC.. But depending on how bad the traffic is .. I still get fuel marker reading higher than I started my journey.
Heard sienna consumes more... So + AC plus in 2hours traffic.. I thinks its fair.
Your conclusion on this matter is already biased cos u are using your Car has a basis ,how are sure you car too is not a fuel guzzler due to emission related faults ??Do a fair calculation using distance covered with amount of fuel consumed .
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=honmusa post=60100713]
Your conclusion on this matter is already biased cos u are using your Car has a basis ,how are sure you car too is not a fuel guzzler due to emission related faults ??Do a fair calculation using distance covered with amount of fuel consumed .
[/quote
This may be faulted here since he spent almost two hours in traffic with Ac.A fair analysis would be on a free smooth road without traffic
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by honmusa(m): 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=nija80 post=60101318][/quote]

Mpg calculation is the average of city driving (high traffic)and highway (no traffic) as you can see below as dense traffic situation has already been taken care of .
No necessary for u to get the exact but at least what matter is the level of deviation from the manufactured mpg will serve as a good guide

Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
Thank you both for your contribution
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by eRex(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2017
honmusa:

Sienna is a 3.5 engine.. MPV is a 3.0..

+ emission + guzzelinto plus etc
If he uses 4k on the description he gave... I am only saying it is fair

Reasons for my judgement:
- I know the road plus traffic cumberance. + where in ikorodu did you go... Agric, Ebute, ogijo, igbogbo, Maya...to n fro does destination may cost you 10liters(+ ac) cos of bad road... Cept ebute
- I have used a 3.5 engine (a jeep)

My opinion sha
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by nurey(m): 8:22am On Sep 04, 2017
Bosun13:
Thank you both for your contribution

Sienna in good condition does about 9 to 10L for 100km in highway driving and 12.5L for city driving for the 98 to 2000, the 01-03 does a tad better.

You can only achieve this stats for the highway between 80-90km/h any speed above that, kiss the recommended mpg goodbye

For traffic I achieve 11 to 12.5L per 100km mpg as I always switch gear to neutral mostly, when at a stop.

I have calculated 15L/100km when I got trapped in abeokuta old road while heading to the island a 4hours traffic.

You can't measure the fuel with the Guage as the sienna tank is extremely funny because of the design when the car is parked sloppy the Guage will shift depending on the slope advantage but there is one trick I used to know whether the car is guzzling fuel or not the Guage mark will never sit slightly below the Half mark I studied this for 4months.
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by boldx(m): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2017
eRex:

[/b]Sienna is a 3.5 engine.. MPV is a 3.0..
[/b]

+ emission + guzzelinto plus etc
If he uses 4k on the description he gave... I am only saying it is fair

Reasons for my judgement:
- I know the road plus traffic cumberance. + where in ikorodu did you go... Agric, Ebute, ogijo, igbogbo, Maya...to n fro does destination may cost you 10liters(+ ac) cos of bad road... Cept ebute
- I have used a 3.5 engine (a jeep)

My opinion sha

Sienna is 3.0L V6 and Mazda MPV 2.5L V6.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by eRex(m): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2017
boldx:

Sienna is 3.0L V6 and Mazda MPV 2.5L V6.

My bad... So 99 model sienna is a 3.0.. Now I know.
My MPV is a 04 model.. Its a 3.0L V6
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
nurey:

Sienna in good condition does about 9 to 10L for 100km in highway driving and 12.5L for city driving for the 98 to 2000, the 01-03 does a tad better.

You can only achieve this stats for the highway between 80-90km/h any speed above that, kiss the recommended mpg goodbye

For traffic I achieve 11 to 12.5L per 100km mpg as I always switch gear to neutral mostly, when at a stop.

I have calculated 15L/100km when I got trapped in abeokuta old road while heading to the island a 4hours traffic.

You can't measure the fuel with the Guage as the sienna tank is extremely funny because of the design when the car is parked sloppy theGuage will shift depending on the slope advantage but there is one trick I used to know whether the car is guzzling fuel or not the Guage mark will never sit slightly below the Half mark I studied this for 4months.
..........thanks a lot mr nurey
But I don't have catalysts in my car ... can that affect d fuel ?
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by nurey(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bosun13:
[color=#990000][/color]..........thanks a lot mr nurey
But I don't have catalysts in my car ... can that affect d fuel ?

Catalyst job is to convert harmful metals in petrol into environmental friendly elements there are school of thought that says it can have effect and others disagree. But if catalyst removed and right pipe is welded, it shouldn't have effect on your fuel economy or it should even make it a tad better
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
You always be thr to hlp .... May God Almighty be with you too
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by AutoElectNG: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2017
Bosun13:
Pls save your brother.

Car model provided

Distance covered described...but distance should be in Kilometers or miles

Quantity of gasoline used...given in terms of naira and kobo but should be liters or gallons

Automobile technology is an exact science and not a guessing game!

Miles per Gallon is a numerical value same goes for Kilometers per liter and liters per 100km

Divide the miles traveled by the amount of gallons it took to refill the tank. The result will be your car's average Miles Per Gallon yield for that driving period. You can repeat this procedure every time you refill your tank to continue to monitor, and attempt to improve, your gas mileage. Source: eartheasy.com/article_gas_mileage.htm

Once we have that numerical value, comparison with factory specifications and real-world usage can be done, then again we can account for the bad fuel we have in this country and can also deduce if the vehicle has emission related faults.

Only then can you have an answer that you bank on, everything else is conjecture or speculation

How about providing the missing data?
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by AutoElectNG: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2017
Bosun13:
P0135
P0141
P0155

Are you sure the DTC is P0135 and not P1135?
Are you sure the DTC is P0155 and not P1155?
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
AutoElectNG:

Are you sure the DTC is P0135 and not P1135?
Are you sure the DTC is P0155 and not P1155?
That's was how obds displayed it.... I don't kn abt codes
Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by AutoElectNG: 9:44am On Sep 08, 2017
Bosun13:
That's was how obds displayed it.... I don't kn abt codes

Didn't find it in the literature, hence the question...

Re: Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 by Bosun13: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
Lovely

(1) (Reply)

Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car / Help Please My Glk 350 Enter Limp Mode / Please Advice Me On KIA Sorento SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.