Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife (34062 Views)

Soldiers Beat 12 LASTMA Officers For Arresting Army Chief Over One-Way / Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by dre11(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
David-Chyddy Eleke in Awka

Uniformed men suspected to be men of the Nigerian Army have reportedly beaten to death a young man in Awka, Anambra State on the order of his father.

THISDAY gathered that the man, identified as Chibuzor, who is the only son had an altercation with his father after he brought home a lady he wanted to marry.

Our correspondent gathered that the man had refused the choice of wife brought home by his son, insisting that the lady was older than his son.

A source said the deceased had earlier married with a child, but decided to remarry after separation from the first wife, but was however disappointed when the father refused to give his approval to the marriage.

“As the rift between the man and his father escalated, the father invited men in uniform, which resulted to the annoyance of the son who poured hot water on his father”, the source added.

According to the source, the action of the deceased resulted in his being beaten up by the uniformed men, and was rushed to the hospital when he collapsed, but later died.

Meanwhile, tension rose Saturday in Umuayom village Awka, following the death of the young man as youths of the community went on rampage, making bonfire in protest of the death of their colleague.

Confirming the incident, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Princess Nkeiruka Nwode, said the command had quickly deployed men to the scene, adding that the proposed wife of the deceased has also been rescued from the area.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/03/soldiers-beat-man-to-death-on-dads-order-over-choice-of-wife/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by madridguy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
I blame the father. RIP Chibuzor.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by thorpido(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
The father insisted he won't marry that lady and I guess he got what he wanted.

What kind of annoyance will make a son pour hot water on his father?They let anger and violence ruin everything.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by eezeribe(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
madridguy:
I blame the father. RIP Chibuzor.
Nigerians must look for who to blame before anything else...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by eezeribe(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2017
The so called farther and soldiers must be punished for this barbaric act...
Human life in Nigeria is now almost at the same level with Agama lizard...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by ebujany(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
angry
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by akunjohn(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2017
Rip to d dead.
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by greatmarshall(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
I wonder why a father would want to choose a wife for his son... It is his life... He's old enough to know what he wants... Some parents are just so unreasonable... Imagine his stupid reason for not allowing his son marry the lady is because "SHE'S OLDER THAN HIM" What nonsense...

15 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by madridguy(m): 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
Do you read the story or you just quote for quoting sake?

eezeribe:

Nigerians must look for who to blame before anything else...

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by mofeoluwadassah: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
what is wrong with most of our nigerian parents sef.....they think they can just make decisions for us on whom to marry and whom not to marry

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by Evablizin(f): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Oh no too bad

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by Ishilove: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
Which kind of anger will make a son pour hot water on the dad? It's an abomination.

I think it's a lie, though. I suspect it is something cooked up by the dad to justify him siccing rabid soldiers on his own son. Shameful and tragic. Actions taken in anger usually have far reaching consequences.

There's no winner here. Just losers

11 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by Nickymezor(f): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
Anger is so terrible . Wat a tragedy... His dad didnt act well . The young went too far with his action.RIP to him.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by vchykp(m): 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
i only read the topic, but i guess the father is happy now??

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by morbeta(m): 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
The father is the loser at both end. Lost his only son and lost his freedom. Double wahala for dead body.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by baby124: 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
Some people think they must be able to decide your life. Father, mother or anyone has no right to force themselves or opinion on you. So crazy. I hope they all get the death sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
The kind of news I read on Nairaland these days is really alarming.

Next Headline- "Son didn't die but in a bad condition" OR "I didn't order Soldiers to beat up my son- Father"

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by Omeokachie: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
Army also a customary court?
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by transient123(m): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sad story.

But, why will an ipob use a zoo army to kill his child? I had expected him to use ipob secret service, confused lots grin

Imagine a well brought up child pouring hot water on his OWN FATHER because of a woman, chai, see upbringing!

Isn't that an irony.

Both the commander(father) and the commanded(army) should face the full wrath of the law.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by EmeeNaka: 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
eezeribe:
The so called farther and soldiers must be punished for this barbaric act...
Human life in Nigeria is now almost at the same level with Agama lizard...
why punish the Father?
Did he kill his son? The soldiers are,by law,not supposed to take order from civilian who has no authority to issue order to them. So the father can only be questioned and left to mourn his loss.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2017

This is why I encourage people not to marry who their parents disapprove of

The trouble and headache is simply not worth it

why would he marry a girl he's older than sef

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by ivolt: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
what is wrong with most of our nigerian parents sef.....they think they can just make decisions for us on whom to marry and whom not to marry

You are under no obligation to follow their orders, unless they are
responsible for your welfare.

There was a story on FP some days ago about a guy whose mother
rejects his fiancee, it may interest you to note that many nairalanders
mostly men encourage the guy to respect and follow his mother's command.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by edeXede: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
embarassed
Children obey your father so that you may live long on the earth which the lord has given you.

By this I declare the father was right to send soldiers to kill his son
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by flamingREED(m): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
Before opting for marriage,
Try and put all factors into fair consideration.
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by donlucabrazi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
When you think you've seen and heard it all...BOOM! Another surprise

I am speechless, just speechless!

angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by greatiyk4u(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
Noo pic?
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by EmekaBlue(m): 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
Why beat him to death. Now everyone will be in regret..Too bad

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by Diamond65: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2017
Rip
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife by segeti247: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
akraym its segeti247, i was banned from the thread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Declares War On Yahoo Boys Ahead Of Christmas / Court Convicts Fraudster 10 Years For $18,700 Internet Scam / Transformer Vandal Electrocuted In Kaduna This Morning (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.