Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank (2924 Views)

Top 10 Best Banks For Fixed Deposit In Nigeria / Fixed Deposit In Nig Banks Crashed??? / Which Is Better; Fixed Deposit Or Bonds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by prestige2013: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
I have this lump sum i plan to use next year, so i decided to Fixed it Up but the percentage am getting from commercial banks is below 10% while a Microfinance bank is offering me 12%.

How secure is FD with Microfinance bank?
Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by Spetzzy7(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2017
prestige2013:
I have this lump sum i plan to use next year, so i decided to Fixed it Up but the percentage am getting from commercial banks is below 10% while a Microfinance bank is offering me 12%.

How secure is FD with Microfinance bank?

you simply dont know what to do with the money thats why you opened a fixed deposit account. the bank is actually the one benefiting not you. have you heard of bitcoin before?
Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by prestige2013: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
Spetzzy7:

you simply dont know what to do with the money thats why you opened a fixed deposit account. the bank is actually the one benefiting not you. have you heard of bitcoin before?

The money is for Business and presently am running a program that will lapse by July/August 2018. Based on d mode of business- i cant control the two together unless i want ppl to squander my resources. so instead of being fallow in bank. i want to use it for FD for a year when i will be ready to manage my Biz.
Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by phrancys001(m): 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2017
Will advice you opt for treasury bill,you will get 17 - 18% running one with diamond bank at the moment also zenith bank too can assist also interest is paid upfront.
Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by 9japrof(m): 6:04am On Sep 04, 2017
Buy Treasury bills, gives you a better ROI. I would advise you against investing in microfinance bank, except for some few like LAPO etc that are grounded. The rest might just go under or elope with your money...

1 Like

Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by prestige2013: 10:48am On Sep 04, 2017
phrancys001:
Will advice you opt for treasury bill,you will get 17 - 18% running one with diamond bank at the moment also zenith bank too can assist also interest is paid upfront.

How do i start the T bills? kindly help with the procedures for a Beginners, is it always available through out the year?
Thanks
Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by tsowems(m): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
Thinking of starting an online business? click http://track.mobetrack.com/aff_c?offer_id=1846&aff_id=1792507 here to watch this video
Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by CuteRedd(f): 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
prestige2013:

How do i start the T bills? kindly help with the procedures for a Beginners, is it always available through out the year?
Thanks
firstly come to this thread its a wealth of information https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria I knew nothing about Tbills some months ago but now I can say I can hold my own
Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by prestige2013: 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
Stanbic offers are better Fixed Deposit- 13% stanbic MMF - 18% which is still secure as Treasury bills of 18.25%.
Re: Fixed Deposit In Microfinance Bank by nomorelimits: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
Can you please explain this further
prestige2013:
Stanbic offers are better
Fixed Deposit- 13%
stanbic MMF - 18% which is still secure as Treasury bills of 18.25%.

(1) (Reply)

Low Cost Investment Great Returns, Invest In Student Hostels / Reviews On Gatatransport / How To Make Millions From Blogging And Google Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.