Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car (14063 Views)

5 Auto Parts Potholes Can Destroy / 10 Bad Habits That Can Damage Your Car / 5 Driving Habits That Can Damage Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by soldierdollar(m): 6:48am On Sep 04, 2017
Purchasing a brand new car can be an expensive task. But at the same time, it is essential to avail the best value of your money by taking best care of your vehicle. No matter whether you have a late model or brand new car, it is important to understand the basic maintenance and service required by all cars and trucks.
Repairing auto parts or servicing it can keep your vehicle running for long time. The way you treat your car has a great influence on its resale value and performance down the road. Below listed are some of the most common things many owners or drivers do that harm their vehicle in long run. Go ahead and take a look at the following points to gain a better insight regarding the same.

1. Turning a blind eye towards the check engine light: How long have you been ignoring the illuminated check engine light on your car’s dashboard? Majority of the owners know that the check engine light is a warning sign of engine troubles. So the best and the least thing you can do is pay heed to this warning light and take your car to a customer service in Texas or any other locality to get the vehicle inspected. Ignoring an illuminated check engine light for long time can lead to engine damage, which ultimately results in draining your wallet.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-1Vo55czVrDw/Wag1ILjFehI/AAAAAAAAAsg/k8Jkyav3sCIansVh3BjYdtB9IHXoaxnpQCLcBGAs/s320/five%2Bhabbits%2Bthat%2Bdestroy%2Byour%2Bcar.jpg[/img]
2. Failing to change engine fluids and filters: You have to maintain the performance and working condition of auto parts to keep the vehicle running. Engine oil, brake fluids and several other auto parts demand servicing and maintenance during regular intervals. Over the time, fluids turn filthy and dusty which would affect the performance of a car. Hence, it is essential to check the fluid levels and quality regularly. Similarly, clean filters are important for increasing the fuel efficiency of your car. Either you can follow the owner’s manual for oil changes or seek the expertise of a mechanic. Changing fluids and filters on routine basis can ensure top-notch condition of your vehicle and extend its life.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-s9qEecnV_1s/Wag1dego9II/AAAAAAAAAsk/z-T6k3xcxtkyPYuSAaO87mfJmwWdG1BAgCLcBGAs/s320/five%2Bhabbits%2Bthat%2Bdestroy%2Byour%2Bcar.jpg[/img]
3. Neglecting the car tires: Tire inflation and tread depth are some of the main factors that you need to look for while considering the health of tires. According to the reports, tire blowouts are one of the leading causes of accidents. Check whether your car tire is properly inflated. Inspect your tires for tread wear and damage. Inspect the tires and take a close look at the tread for uneven wear.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-SqtMAzNcJ5c/Wag1x2gkLlI/AAAAAAAAAso/B5TWchM0sZI0PapBO-nYF1wd4nkgwgLfgCLcBGAs/s320/five%2Bhabbits%2Bthat%2Bdestroy%2Byour%2Bcar.jpg[/img]
4. Ignoring the service schedule: Taking your car for regular service and maintenance is essential to detect the damages at early stages and to retain the performance. Auto parts and accessories wear out over the time and it needs to be replaced in order to avoid damage. Routine inspections and servicing helps in keeping your car running efficiency and will save you from expensive repairs down the road.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-TCnN1euOxXI/Wag2VAT2xwI/AAAAAAAAAsw/kMC7s2jtLfo5_OnH6ZxkPsAPvxsm0DpvQCLcBGAs/s320/five%2Bhabbits%2Bthat%2Bdestroy%2Byour%2Bcar.jpg[/img]
5. Careless driving: Reckless driving often leads to accidents and other damages. Be it the extreme weather conditions, rough terrains or heavy loads, it can be difficult to drive under severe driving conditions. But you have to follow a smart and careful driving habit. Not only it saves you from unfortunate incidents, but also improves fuel economy.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Gunp4YEAxng/Wag2jFDMiQI/AAAAAAAAAs0/6HlIes4CgvU30GiX-_CPmxs0RxfOg5IawCLcBGAs/s320/five%2Bhabbits%2Bthat%2Bdestroy%2Byour%2Bcar.jpg[/img]

Source:http://www.chrisdiary.com/2017/08/five-ways-that-destroys-your-car.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by soldierdollar(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2017
lalasticlala
ishilov
madridguy
mynd44
seun
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Johngla(m): 6:55am On Sep 04, 2017
Nice one op.
I dedicate this ftc to every hustler out there may your pocket never run dry.

3 Likes

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by coalcoal1(m): 6:55am On Sep 04, 2017
nice info
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Kizyte(m): 6:55am On Sep 04, 2017
Please I want this Range Rover Velar for my birthday embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Kzeeboi2015(m): 6:56am On Sep 04, 2017
OK
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by lonelydora: 6:56am On Sep 04, 2017
Op do you stay in Nigeria at all? Most Kazeems see "check engine" light as normal. That it means the engine is still grade.

6 Likes

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Rencent(m): 6:58am On Sep 04, 2017
But i never services my car since the last one year and still moving fine

1 Like

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by lonelydora: 6:59am On Sep 04, 2017
Rencent:
But i never services my car since the last one year and still moving fine

Be prepared to get a new car

10 Likes

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by meliziz12(m): 7:01am On Sep 04, 2017
Cool
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by cruxifixo: 7:03am On Sep 04, 2017
Point number 1 is not that necessarily true. Check engine light does not in most cases mean the engine is in trouble. A check engine light means something is wrong with ur car that need immediate attention.

3 Likes

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Ebuka1988: 7:04am On Sep 04, 2017
neglecting refilling the radiator
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Olalan(m): 7:07am On Sep 04, 2017
My vulcanizer says my tyre which tread are uneven is still use able, how safe is this house. Alignment issues caused it.
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by edesumpitor: 7:08am On Sep 04, 2017
But how can one really understand all the information on the car. I want to know everything. Even my mechanic I asked doesn't know.
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by ignis: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2017
Potholes in Nigeria is enough to spoil any car.

1 Like

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by ActionsShure: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2017
Niggi like me
Big man im driving against traffic
To avoid head on Collison
Im reversing backwards
Never stopping for Coti roadsafety
Is my practice
Smuggling cars across the boarder
Won me a Grammy
A/c cold.I'm mr classic
Windowns tinted
Aint got time for daft shiit
Some weak ass niggis mistake me for customs
Suv is ma bed
Fucking a bich with no condom
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by masciv: 7:12am On Sep 04, 2017
cruxifixo:
Point number 1 is not that necessarily true. Check engine light does not in most cases mean the engine is in trouble. A check engine light means something is wrong with ur car that need immediate attention.

Chai...You just spoke against logic. Why na undecided
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by nikbaus(m): 7:14am On Sep 04, 2017
what about we that have no car?
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Oghenedoh: 7:15am On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by obxddon(m): 7:23am On Sep 04, 2017
Please who knows wia I can get genuine Toyota Yaris(2007) parts please,contact me 09028048805
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by tripoli007(m): 7:38am On Sep 04, 2017
Been driving my corolla since 2014 .. Lagos -ekiti-benin and then back to Lagos .. The check light has been on ,I never even carry am go scan one day,all I do is service car ,change tyres ,change shocks every 6months .. And the minor ones,balljoint and thyroid tongue cool
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by dabossman(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2017
Kizyte:
Please I want this Range Rover Velar for my birthday embarassed

When is ya baiday. Let me call Romanus to send one down. But you must be able to maintain it o. Oya, show me ya akant balance first. tongue grin
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by dabossman(m): 7:58am On Sep 04, 2017
ignis:

Preach it sister. Bad Nigerian roads, the worst enemy of every good car.

1 Like

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by DjAndroid: 7:59am On Sep 04, 2017
That check engine thing is overrated. One of my guys bought a naija used 1999 Honda baby boy in 2007,the check engine light was showing when he bought the car. Till today 2017 the car is still moving fine with that light still showing.
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by ffo(m): 8:12am On Sep 04, 2017
ignis:
1. do you know how to drive?
2. do you have a car?
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Kizyte(m): 8:12am On Sep 04, 2017
dabossman:

When is ya baiday. Let me call Romanus to send one down. But you must be able to maintain it o. Oya, show me ya akant balance first. tongue grin
Lol! Maintenance no be problem. Cow wey no get tail, na him creator dey pursue flies for'am
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by Josh44s(m): 9:12am On Sep 04, 2017
Op the check light is as a result of our bad road jorrrr. My Corolla is still showing Chech sign since day one I bought it cool
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by sexyboocalher(f): 9:18am On Sep 04, 2017
Op pls what could be wrong with this?

Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by obo389(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2017
sexyboocalher:
Op pls what could be wrong with this?
Check engine and deflated tire indicators
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by streetzdreamz(m): 9:42am On Sep 04, 2017
Olalan:
My vulcanizer says my tyre which tread are uneven is still use able, how safe is this house. Alignment issues caused it.
three issues may arise from this, a blowout: depending on the extent of wear and tear,a skid: due to the uneven tyre threads on a rainy day or a surface with less frictional force, your vehicle might be having a wobbly movement at higher speeds, bottom line; don't listen to your vulcanizer, change your tyres and get your alignments done as at when due.....I prefer safety to cost.
Re: Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car by magicfingers009: 9:59am On Sep 04, 2017
I wonder why some folks here are saying Engine Check Light is a normal thing. Once that light comes on my dashboard, it must leave the same day.
Don't you people love a clean dashboard?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) / Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down / Which Is Classier! A White Audi Q7 And A White Mercedes Benz Cls 500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.