Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA (38815 Views)

NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / NTA Staff Wearing Makeup On Live TV (Photo) / NTA Engineers Struggling To Fix Their Equipment At UYO Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Oblitz(m): 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
NTA IS OUTDATED
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by mmsen: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
I think the mix up has to do with the fact that for years the Super Eagles played their games in Calabar. At least NTA didn't claim "Uyo, Cross River".

Doesn't matter whether it's Uyo or Calabar, they are still two of the best cities in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by carzola(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
They should Close down NTA its the worst
tv channel in the world..

i dont know the last time i tuned to see
the disgust called NTA..

And to the rest of Nigeria that feel
tHE CAPITAL OF AKWA IBOM IS
CALABAR.. may you die this year,
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by gsainttrinity(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
NTA should be sold and the money should be used to buy Current affairs pamflet for the mumu directors and editors of NTA and the remaining change should be used to buy beer for the gods of Akwa Ibom

2 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by romenna: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
n
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by fashrola(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
Eastside046:
Diz Akwa Ibom people na tribal bigots

we see una as de same so make una no dey differentiate

See as dem dey chest beat dey call useless people as great people

Akwa Ibom as a whole cannot compete with my Town Ogidi in Anambra state wen it comes to great people..

I hope you get all the attention you wanted undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Odianose13(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
NTA should apologize to Akwa-Ibom publicly for such error.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by elmessiahs(m): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
akwA ibomites are notorious for snatching pples husband

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Crixina(f): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
Funny enough, even some of our educated Nigerian youths still ask shey the capital of Akwa Ibom is Calabar and I just stare at them for a few seconds and then say yes come waka pass.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by ITbomb(m): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
g
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
Its appalling that presenters of today dont do research before their presentation, small details like correct pronunciation of names and places , basic history of a place and culture ought to be covered.
All these copy and paste presenters of today ; listening to them reduces one's iq.
Mis~informants.

1 Like

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by markfemisgay: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
IbomPR:

Full of lies? why not point out the lies? Pull out your 1000 naira note and check the name of the man at the right hand side. Thanks

Clement Nyong Isong, CFR was a Nigerian banker and politician who was governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria during the military regime of General Yakubu Gowon.
Source: Wikipedia
Clement isong was not the first governor of central bank of Nigeria. I only corrected the lie you peddled. On the aba women riot you lied about, i laugh in Swahili.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
IbomPR:

Full of lies? why not point out the lies? Pull out your 1000 naira note and check the name of the man at the right hand side. Thanks

Clement Nyong Isong, CFR was a Nigerian banker and politician who was governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria during the military regime of General Yakubu Gowon.

the person you quoted is actually right Clement Isong was once the central bank Governor but not the first, Aliyu mai borno is the first indegenous central bank governor.

Google it.

8 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
Eastside046:

Akwa Ibom as a whole cannot compete with my Town Ogidi in Anambra state wen it comes to great people..

That's how you'll open your mouth to spit nonsense

Why do biafrans want the akwa ibom people then? If y'all are so great

You Igbos just like to feel superior and that's your problem

3 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Damfostopper(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
Eastside046:

can sumone tell this adopted child to go back and study Map of Nigeria..... Wetin concern My state with ogidi....in ur useless state Yu think we are interested in your biafra wateva..... shove ur ogidi down ur Ass.... we don't give a fvck

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by UDIOK: 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
markfemisgay:

The first governor of central bank was alhaji mai borno. His picture is on the 1000 naira note. Op your post is full of lies and it doesn't worth front page.
Bros Isong is the first it is because of politics they put mai borno who is the second along side isong on 1000 naira note just like when they want to name the police house they wanted to slide the first I.G who was Louis edet to put the northern man who was the second....Akwa ibom has always been on the fore front of events....the first Nig. Army commision officer is an akwa ibomite but today barracks in abuja is named after number 4 because he was from north....is well o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by wendyberry(m): 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Which one come they be #color #orange I'm from Akwa ibom??
Na dis one dey reign now??

Tomorrow now when una travel go other states una no go claim color orange akwa ibom ooooo.... Una go begin claim color green Calabar....

it beats my imagination that when you guys are outside your state you fail to claim akwa ibomite, I wonder y akwa ibom hate crossriverians, the whole of calabar is filled with akwa ibomite and dey all claim calabar, Cross River civil service is filled with akwa ibomite, even many joints dat are been termed calabar kitchen Belongs to akwa ibomite, I wonder why all d rubbish...

before akwa ibom calabar was, and will always be
It's alright...
#proudly #crossriverian

4 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by troubleseller: 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2017
OP don vex well well sha. Sorry oh.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Mekanus(m): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
I am not surprised that NTA made such mistake, I'm only surprised that people still watch that trashy station called NTA.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Mekanus(m): 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
Eastside046:

This is one of the problems with anambra man, they always feel that they are superior to others, even their fellow Igbo's. There will never be a united Igbo with anambra in it.

6 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Shit happens.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by markfemisgay: 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
UDIOK:
Bros Isong is the first it is because of politics they put mai borno who is the second along side isong on 1000 naira note just like when they want to name the police house they wanted to slide the first I.G who was Louis edet to put the northern man who was the second....Akwa ibom has always been on the fore front of events....the first Nig. Army commision officer is an akwa ibomite but today barracks in abuja is named after number 4 because he was from north....is well o
I hope what i posted below clears all doubts.

3 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by cstr1000: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Eastside046:

I am igbo but you are an idiot.
Wetin concern ogidi with uyo/? You Give room for your fellow idiots to insult innocent igbo people minding their own business.
I won't be surprised if you are not from the east but trying to cause rancor. I have seen some high-level deceit on nairaland so that anything is possible.

2 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Pecca: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
IbomPR:

's been a long tyme since the dude gat a peek at a 1000 naira note. Give him some peace, bro.
Moreover, Op lied when he said "WWE boxing champ...". Buffing like that org exists
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by viciati(m): 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
We dont speak calabar language!!we speak the ibibio language...and calabar is a city not an ethnic group or language.

2 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by eddyroyal(m): 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
IbomPR:

Akwa Ibom does not speak Calabar language. Calabar (Cross River State) speaks Efik while Akwa Ibom majorly speaks Ibibio. Yes, some part of Akwa Ibom does speak Efik but the major language is Ibibio.
On point.
Though the only part of Akwa ibom that speaks efik is the Uruan populace which the efik migrated from.

3 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
wendyberry:
Which one come they be #color #orange I'm from Akwa ibom??
Na dis one dey reign now??

Tomorrow now when una travel go other states una no go claim color orange akwa ibom ooooo.... Una go begin claim color green Calabar....

it beats my imagination that when you guys are outside your state you fail to claim akwa ibomite, I wonder y akwa ibom hate crossriverians, the whole of calabar is filled with akwa ibomite and dey all claim calabar, Cross River civil service is filled with akwa ibomite, even many joints dat are been termed calabar kitchen Belongs to akwa ibomite, I wonder why all d rubbish...

before akwa ibom calabar was, and will always be
It's alright...
#proudly #crossriverian

Nigeria ad a country has failed when it comes to certain aspects a especially as regards to history. However, the first commissioned officer of the Nigerian army was not WU Bassey (N1), it was Aguiyi-Ironsi

1 Like

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by gentlegenius(m): 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
xcommando:
May be because of the believe that akwa ibom speaks calabar language,
There's nothing like Calabar language. Calabar people speaks Efik language while Akwa Ibom people speak Ibibio language. But because of the similarities between the two languages, people in other parts of the country always refer to Akwa Ibom language(Ibibio) as Calabar language and Akwa Ibom people as Calabar people. This is seriously annoying.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by gentlegenius(m): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
IbomPR:

Akwa Ibom does not speak Calabar language. Calabar (Cross River State) speaks Efik while Akwa Ibom majorly speaks Ibibio. Yes, some part of Akwa Ibom does speak Efik but the major language is Ibibio.
It is only the parts of Akwa Ibom that is close to Cross River that partially speaks Efik and that is normal and understandable.
Akwa Ibom also have many other languages that the entire Cross River doesn't understand, while Cross River also have some ethnic groups that speaks languages that no part of Akwa Ibom can understand.
They are two completely different states just like Delta and Anambra. People should take note of this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by joenor(m): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
Who we go blame now? the station abi the worker, nor be human being nine make the mistake, incompetent hands if you ask me.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Eastside046: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
Damfostopper:
can sumone tell this adopted child to go back and study Map of Nigeria..... Wetin concern My state with ogidi....in ur useless state Yu think we are interested in your biafra wateva..... shove ur ogidi down ur Ass.... we don't give a fvck
na u be Adopted Child

ur state is de only useless state that advertised for ugly pervert Kemen during BBnaija

ask ur self what state like Delta state wil do with dia many talents
mayb put dem in dia budget

AKS no get level biko

3 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Mbediogu(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
veragistonline:
NTA really should tender an apology to the Akwa Ibom people.

cc; Mynd44, OAM4J

Resignation and imprisonment will not be asking for 2much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 / How BBNaija Housemates Will Avoid Tboss After Kemen's Disqualification (Photo) / BBNaija: Khafi's Management Responds To The SUN UK, Demands An Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.