Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,422 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA (38822 Views)

NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / NTA Staff Wearing Makeup On Live TV (Photo) / NTA Engineers Struggling To Fix Their Equipment At UYO Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Tolexander:
NTA is still dwelling in the pre 87 era when Calabar was the capital of Cross River state still having Uyo as one of the towns in the state, before the creation of Akwa Ibom from it.

Little wonder Channels, AIT, Silverbird, TVC et al have surpassed NTA in terms of relevance.
That is why NTA all over Nigeria are not improving because Nigeria government officials are corrupt, they refused to improve by upgrading like abroad's governments national televisions. Nigeria government institutions are in shameful state.

Watch NTA and you watch Nigeria corrupt politicians in government.
It is the propaganda and lies Nigeria government wants you to hear, that the NTA will feed you with.

Nigerians should stop insulting and belittling Akwaibomites politically. Akwaibomites are the richest state in crude oil Nigeria government to developing other regions the northern region in particular.

#UyoNoCalabar #AkwaIbomNotCrossRivers.

And these two states are Biafra region.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
IbomPR:

Akwa Ibom does not speak Calabar language. Calabar (Cross River State) speaks Efik while Akwa Ibom majorly speaks Ibibio. Yes, some part of Akwa Ibom does speak Efik but the major language is Ibibio.
Is it Ibibio does Oron people speaks as their language?

1 Like

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Wristler: 11:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
MyNewJackeT:

it's the same thing just like AKWA IBOM AND CROSS RIVER STATE ARE THE SAME THING.
grin grin grin grin grin
Na wa for Naija pple ooo. Person take time and vexation open thread just to dissuade the exact thing you just yarn for here.
You no feel for the Op at all oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Eastside046: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
i am not hating on Akwa ibomites but they are the one hating on their brothers Cross Rivers state,i hav been with dem and noticed how they hate Cross river state people...just because of ordinary mistake and dey are even chest beating false things which people hav already seen..

telling us abt Aba Women riot that they are the ones that started it which nobody asked them cos is all lies..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by aniyphil: 12:34am On Sep 07, 2017
yaki84:

can we now say ur town ogidi is in enugu state?

Savage ! grin grin grin

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by SAGGAT: 12:58am On Sep 07, 2017
Eastside046:
Diz Akwa Ibom people na tribal bigots

we see una as de same so make una no dey differentiate

See as dem dey chest beat dey call useless people as great people

Akwa Ibom as a whole cannot compete with my Town Ogidi in Anambra state wen it comes to great people..

i think u got some loosed nuts upstairs
no 1 is trying 2 compete with ur state in terms of achievement
just simply read understand and learn.... its not a must 2 comment.
ull definitely be a terrible student.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Silas0(m): 3:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Eastside046:
Diz Akwa Ibom people na tribal bigots

we see una as de same so make una no dey differentiate

See as dem dey chest beat dey call useless people as great people

Akwa Ibom as a whole cannot compete with my Town Ogidi in Anambra state wen it comes to great people..

see you wey dey accuse people of tribal sentiments,na u come even they practicam.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by cardiorap: 3:40am On Sep 07, 2017
It's surprising how adamant and unwilling some Nigerians are to learning.

Growing up and schooling in both Akwa Ibom and Rivers states, this has been something I try to educate people everyday. Every group or society seeks and deserves recognition and regards. For those who maybe interested, let me educate you.

After today, I don't expect to be addressed as 'Calabar' man but as 'Akwa Ibom' man.

Akwa Ibom and Cross River are entirely two states and capitals: Akwa Ibom - Uyo. Cross River - Calabar.

Akwa Ibom: With a capital city called Uyo, it has other prominent economic cities and trade centers like Eket, Ikot Ekpeme, Ikot Abasi etc. On the western borders, Ikot Abasi Local Government shares boundaries with the Ogoni people of Rivers State, and the Iwukem people of Etim Ekpo share boundaries with the Azumini - Ndoki people, likewise with Ikot Ekpene LGA, with a part of Arochukwu sharing boundaries too with them. All these are in present day Abia state. On the East, the Itu people via Ayadehe share boundaries with Cross River state, likewise Ifiayong in present day Uruan LGA of Akwa Ibom share a historical boundary with the Cross Riverians (this is believed to be where Efik people migrated from).

In Cross River state, there are over 40 languages spoken but the popular ones are Efik, Ogoja, Ikom, etc. A few people from Odukpani and Akamkpa LGA speak the Ibibio language owing to widespread domination of these people by Akwa Ibomites who undergo several commercial activities. Efik is a language spoken by people from Calabar. It is also worthy of note that there is no universal indigenous language generally spoken or understood by people from Cross River state.

Akwa Ibom, with a number of 31 local governments is unique when it comes to coexistence. It is the only state in the South South Nigeria where there is universality in indigenous language. Majority of the Akwa Ibom people speak Ibibio and Annang. The Ibibio and Annang dialects are interrelated and they understand each other perfectly. There is also the unique people of Oro nation who speak a unique dialect called Oro. The Oro people also speak and understand Ibibio which helps in closing the language barrier between Ibibio and Annang. The Eket, Esit Eket and Onna region speak Ibibio though they have a seemingly Ibibio language used in relating amongst them called Ekid language. The Ibeno people also speak Ibibio, majority understand Ekid, but they also have a unique language called Ibina or Ebana. They're other languages spoken by some Ibibio extraction within themselves like the Itu Mbu Uso language.

A specifically unique extraction of the Akwa Ibom people are the Obolos. Found in the Eastern Obolo local government area, they are culturally intertwined and related with the Andoni people of Rivers State. They speak the Obolo language, though majority of them also speak and understand the Ibibio language.

I don't wish to make this longer than it is, but I hope it is understood that just like Bayelsa state, made up of 8 local governments, created 21 years ago from Rivers state and part of Delta state; Abia state, created from Imo state and every other state with similar creation, Akwa Ibom State was created out of Cross River state and should be given its full regard and recognition as a state. Certain mistakes are not worth making, they go far to dispute our level of knowledge as a country.

On September 23rd, 2017, Akwa Ibom State, the most hospitable place in Nigeria will turn 30. A man who is 30 years I believe deems it fit to have self determination, control and recognition.

In that spirit, I join every well meaning citizen of our dear state to wish all Akwa Ibomites well in their endeavours. Akwa Ibom nnyin ke ado, mkpo aya aka iso ayaya, anyung afon ye nnyin.

Ndito eka eyak nnyin ibono ke ima ndito eka, ima esit kiet, Ima mfono mkpo.

#UyoNotCalabar
#OrangeSeptember
#AkwaIbomAt30
#Dakkada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by OLUWASEUNOJS(m): 7:05am On Sep 07, 2017
What a great error. If the so called government owned Media Outfit could not give an accurate and correct happening in their country, I doubt if foreign counterparts would do.

JunckJournalism.

#Where is Sahara reporter.

With their eagle' eyes they will capture it.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by hollywhyte: 7:21am On Sep 07, 2017
it a mistake it need to be corrected you and me know that, but i think the name of the people confuses you
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by SlendyMEE(f): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2017
OP, while I understand your wish to educate people, I see you using falsehoods as truth. First, "Calabar" people don't speak only Efik. There are Qua people, who speak Ejagham and The Efuts whose language have, unfortunately (almost) gone extinct. There are three major languages in CROSS RIVER STATE, so why speak about a relatively small place as being a whole? Secondly, do you know your history at all? If you did, you'd know that before the Efiks migrated to Uruan, they had migrated to Arochukwu. If we follow your reasoning, the Efiks are from Arochukwu right? Why couldn't you just face the Uyo not Calabar thing and left it at that? See the way you beat your chest over Samuel Peter when we have the likes of Hogan Bassey, an Efik son to boast about? Use Google more, son. undecided Aba women's riot started from Akwa Ibom? Oh blimey! Name one woman who is known to have participated and is an Akwa Ibomite and I'll give you Margaret Ekpo's name free of every charge. I honestly wish you'd put this much effort in holding your leaders accountable. BTW, you saying the Ibibios understand the Annang language is a great insult to the Annang tribe cos that's not true. Why didn't you scream and shout when one of your own sons sang "I go Calabar, I see Gods will Akpabio"? Rather, you hailed him and he enjoyed airplay and was rewarded by you instead! Tell your brothers, you are not excluded, to correct people when they're called Calabar people. I am tired of being pointed to an Akwa Ibomite as a " Calabar man" simply because the person has refused to correct the people. There are so many Akwa Ibomites in the Cross River State civil service who aren't Cross Riverians by marriage or any such but claim Cross River. How many Cross Riverians are employed into the Akwa Ibom civil service? This hatred needs to stop! Remain blessed as you educate your people to stop responding to the "Calabar man" tag as the truth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Tedassie(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2017
1Sharon:

Bro you are ranting. I can't address this.
Lmao...English is too hard for you,i feel ur pain cheesy
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by 1Sharon(f): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2017
Tedassie:

Lmao...English is too hard for you,i feel ur pain cheesy

He said a whole lot of nothing
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Tedassie(m): 10:05am On Sep 07, 2017
1Sharon:

He said a whole lot of nothing
ehhen? So?

Why you cum dey report gimme na?
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by IbomPR: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

the person you quoted is actually right Clement Isong was once the central bank Governor but not the first, Aliyu mai borno is the first indegenous central bank governor.

Google it.

Yes that was corrected.
Check the comments and you will see a reply on that. Thanks
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by IbomPR: 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
clevadani:
Did I just read WWE boxing champion?

WBC.
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by IbomPR: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
Indeed no one is above mistake, the essence of this campaign is not to condemn NTA but to educate Nigerians and the world on this.

Such a mistake being made on National TV goes ahead to prove the fact that lots of Nigerians still mistake Akwa Ibom people and that of Cross River.

Akwa Ibom - Uyo
Cross River - Calabar
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by UDIOK: 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
Eastside046:
na u be Adopted Child

ur state is de only useless state that advertised for ugly pervert Kemen during BBnaija

ask ur self what state like Delta state wil do with dia many talents
mayb put dem in dia budget

AKS no get level biko
EastIPOB or whatever is your name there is nothing u can do about it if you dont like it that way go plz locate the available Lagoon which the Lagos Monarch kept for lost souls like you...you cannot turn the tide Akwa Ibom has always be on the forefront ok...you f.o.o.l.i.s.h.l.y talk about Aba women riot that took place at Ikot Abasi spearheaded by the great woman in the person of Chief Margaret Ekpo..the case only heard at Aba , again Dr clement Isong was the first Sec. of the Central bank of Nigeria b4 changed to Governor at the early stage of Independence, now it may also interest you to note that the first Inspector General of police Louise Edet come from there, the first Nigerian Commission officer in the army Gen. wellington Bassey, the first Black Cardinal Ekanem, the first Agric graduate Chief Udo Adiaha Attah, the first Sec. Nig. University Com. NUC Dr. Ekong, the first black engineer in GM incorporation US is our son Engr Etuk,The youngest service chief Nigeria ever produce was Rtd. Air Marshall Nsikak Eduok, the list is endless...Even in academic circle, captain of industries, sport, politically and all spheres of life we dont lack behind despite the fact that it is a mono state unlike yours that have 5 core states and fractions, we are not bothered about people like you the history speaks for itself....that's why people like you can never allow Biafra to manifest because you felt you are better of than another when in reality you are just living in shadows....cant waste my time talking to you anymore am out of this shit of yours
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Eastside046: 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
UDIOK:
EastIPOB or whatever is your name there is nothing u can do about it if you dont like it that way go plz locate the available Lagoon which the Lagos Monarch kept for lost souls like you...you cannot turn the tide Akwa Ibom has always be on the forefront ok...you f.o.o.l.i.s.h.l.y talk about Aba women riot that took place at Ikot Abasi spearheaded by the great woman in the person of Chief Margaret Ekpo..the case only heard at Aba , again Dr clement Isong was the first Sec. of the Central bank of Nigeria b4 changed to Governor at the early stage of Independence, now it may also interest you to note that the first Inspector General of police Louise Edet come from there, the first Nigerian Commission officer in the army Gen. wellington Bassey, the first Black Cardinal Ekanem, the first Agric graduate Chief Udo Adiaha Attah, the first Sec. Nig. University Com. NUC Dr. Ekong, the first black engineer in GM incorporation US is our son Engr Etuk,The youngest service chief Nigeria ever produce was Rtd. Air Marshall Nsikak Eduok, the list is endless...Even in academic circle, captain of industries, sport, politically and all spheres of life we dont lack behind despite the fact that it is a mono state unlike yours that have 5 core states and fractions, we are not bothered about people like you the history speaks for itself....that's why people like you can never allow Biafra to manifest because you felt you are better of than another when in reality you are just living in shadows....cant waste my time talking to you anymore am out of this shit of yours
Fake fake fake

all lies joor or do u want to knw abt my Home town own

go and apologize to Cross Riverians

2 Likes

Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by inkdbetty(f): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
xcommando:
May be because of the believe that akwa ibom speaks calabar language,

You mean 'efik'? :/ -_-
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by Mekanus(m): 11:59am On Sep 09, 2017
Eastside046:
Assuming i am frm Cross River wil i be happy with what the wrote there

u can neva be Omambala so f.uck off my mention
And who d fu^ck told you I give a shiit about being omambala or whatever the hell u call it?
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by ndiboy01(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
Enoquin:
Ooh ooh Ette ufok.
$

Adada was a song done by flavor while Ette ufok was a song from Chris ekpenyong n victor attah

Mkpo idoho kanga
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by DateMynd44(m): 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
SlendyMEE:
OP, while I understand your wish to educate people, I see you using falsehoods as truth. First, "Calabar" people don't speak only Efik. There are Qua people, who speak Ejagham and The Efuts whose language have, unfortunately (almost) gone extinct. There are three major languages in CROSS RIVER STATE, so why speak about a relatively small place as being a whole? Secondly, do you know your history at all? If you did, you'd know that before the Efiks migrated to Uruan, they had migrated to Arochukwu. If we follow your reasoning, the Efiks are from Arochukwu right? Why couldn't you just face the Uyo not Calabar thing and left it at that? See the way you beat your chest over Samuel Peter when we have the likes of Hogan Bassey, an Efik son to boast about? Use Google more, son. undecided Aba women's riot started from Akwa Ibom? Oh blimey! Name one woman who is known to have participated and is an Akwa Ibomite and I'll give you Margaret Ekpo's name free of every charge. I honestly wish you'd put this much effort in holding your leaders accountable. BTW, you saying the Ibibios understand the Annang language is a great insult to the Annang tribe cos that's not true. Why didn't you scream and shout when one of your own sons sang "I go Calabar, I see Gods will Akpabio"? Rather, you hailed him and he enjoyed airplay and was rewarded by you instead! Tell your brothers, you are not excluded, to correct people when they're called Calabar people. I am tired of being pointed to an Akwa Ibomite as a " Calabar man" simply because the person has refused to correct the people. There are so many Akwa Ibomites in the Cross River State civil service who aren't Cross Riverians by marriage or any such but claim Cross River. How many Cross Riverians are employed into the Akwa Ibom civil service? This hatred needs to stop! Remain blessed as you educate your people to stop responding to the "Calabar man" tag as the truth.
hmm nice piece.
How are you?
Re: It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA by DateMynd44(m): 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
inkdbetty:

You mean 'efik'? :/ -_-
Betty Udo are u efik or ibibio?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 / How BBNaija Housemates Will Avoid Tboss After Kemen's Disqualification (Photo) / Bassey: "I Didn't Know That Debbie Kissed Me Until I Saw The Clip"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.