Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,439 members, 7,861,252 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown (21908 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by otawa: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
According to the law passed by NASS, YAR A'LIAR MUST WRITE TO NASS to resume, he has not done so. He is not the President and CIC until then, now, will NASS asked for medical report to acept the letter of a liar and dishonest man who left the country in jeopardy and cannot write for medical leave according to the constitution.

wrong. did Yaradua wrote NA before they pass whatever they did? NO!

They used his audio-interview as basis.

a court of law already said Goodluck is doing acting president work. NA goofed.

Yaradua is EXECUTIVE President of NIGERIA! He does not need any letter or depend on NA.

The only option is if they KILL  him or IMPEACH him.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by gidson12(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2010
A sick nation, a sick half dead president and a mentally ill lawmakers, we are in trouble
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
People refused to understand all the terminologies that has been used so far by the FG
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by mustapha01: 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
An open Letter to Nigerians and well wishers

Dear Nigerians and Nigerian well wishers across the world,

You have all watched as the leadership in Nigeria has made a mockery of so called democracy in Nigeria.  Since independence the only true democratic elections ever held in Nigeria was in 1960 when we got our independence and possibly 1979 at the beginning of the second republic so to speak.

We have watched as bribery, corruption, intimidation, bullying, murder, lack of moral values, abuse of power at the highest levels etc has beguiled our society.

Nigerian with her vast array of mineral resources and human intellect etc has managed to become the laughing stock of the free world. We can no longer hold our heads high, the integrity and intellect of all Nigerians  everywhere in the world is clearly undermined and questioned by other nationals.

I recently watched a video clip of Nuhu Ribadu’s testimony to a US senate committee in which he indicted Umaru Yaradua’s regime and did not mince any words in laying the blame where it was due. By the end of the clip  I was weeping and asking where did it all fall apart?

Why did God give us so much, yet so little can be harnessed from the former Giant of Africa due to successive tenures of unaccountable leadership?

This morning we heard that Umaru Yaradua was on his way back to Nigeria after all the shenanigans of the last 93 days in which both himself, his wife and associates aka the kitchen cabinet have decided that 140 million Nigerians must be held to ransom and be ruled by this infamous duo, irrespective of what we want. In effect undermining the whole essence of “government of the people, for the people and by the people”, I wept for my beloved country again.

The current state of political events in Nigeria where a very sick president and his confidantes have refused to relinquish power at whatever cost, even though his prolonged absence has effectively ground the Nigerian economy to a halt,  In many countries it will be considered an act of treason.

Due to one individual and his cohorts quest to cling onto power irrespective of his health, the rest of Nigerians continue to suffer, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, our healthcare, road network and educational system etc continue to deteriorate.   And all the sycophants and vultures around the president continue to circle and perpetuate in my view’ the worst government Nigeria has ever had’.

Fellow Nigerians, our country is bigger than any one individual’s whims, caprices or idiosyncrasies and our leadership need to be made aware of this, but obviously the message is not getting through and it is the civil duty of every Nigerian to do something about it by any means necessary.

Either because of our zest for life as a people and the civil war experience have lost the will, the courage, the balls, the bottle to stand up and say enough is enough at whatever price or whatever cost, (myself included).

Based on the above facts I make the following declarations;

•   That nothing is going to change in Nigeria not until the current crop of leaders who have continuously recycled themselves since 1979 are completely ‘set aside’ (and I use this term loosely) and no longer are able to play a significant role in the Nigerian political system.

•   That our political leaders since 1979 have failed us and it is time for a complete overhaul and change in Nigeria.

•   That it is the responsibility of every Nigeria across the whole world to rise up and agitate for change in our society by any means necessary or else the status quo will remain the same. If apartheid in South Africa could collapse when it did, then anything is possible with our collective zeal, determination, perseverance, sacrifice and courage or else what kind of society are we going to leave for the next generation.

•   You can trace every single problem or issue that we have in Nigeria to bad leadership, we have just never had responsible leadership.

•   Democracy is not working in Nigeria (and the west need to appreciate this fact), we need to be ruled by a benevolent dictator for possibly the next 20 years to correct the systematic damage that has been heaped on our society by successive irresponsible leaders.

•    That change must come to Nigeria by any means necessary, the current state is unsustainable, retrogressive and downright unacceptable. The people of Niger in the recent coup d’état obviously demonstrated recently that they are not pushovers, cannot be held to ransom and are holding their heads high.

•   That as a nation we need to pray that God in his infinite, wisdom and mercy will find it in his heart to forgive all our transgression and provide us with responsible leadership and lead us to the promised land.

Yours Sincerely
Mustapha Idris
Concerned Nigeria
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
gidson12:

A sick nation, a sick half dead president and a mentally ill lawmakers, we are in trouble

That is a good one . . . .But the nation will be healed soon.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by wiseguy(m): 7:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
, he whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad. Sometimes i wonder the extent people are willing to go just to cling to power. This is just one of those fragile moments in Nigeria's history sha. we go jump am pass.

Below is a statement by the US on Yara's season 2

STATEMENT BY JOHNNIE CARSON, ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE
BUREAU OF AFRICAN AFFAIRS

PRESIDENT YAR’ADUA’S RETURN TO NIGERIA

The United States welcomes the news of President Yar’Adua’s return to Nigeria. We hope that his health is sufficient to enable him to fully resume his official duties. Nigeria needs a strong, healthy, and effective leader to ensure the stability of the country and to manage Nigeria’s many political, economic, and security challenges. Recent reports, however, continue to suggest that President Yar’Adua’s health remains fragile and that he may still be unable to fulfill the demands of his office.
We hope that President Yar’Adua’s return to Nigeria is not an effort by his senior advisors to upset Nigeria’s stability and create renewed uncertainty in the democratic process. Nigeria is an extraordinarily important country to its friends and partners, and all of those in positions of responsibility should put the health of the President and the best interests of the country and people of Nigeria above personal ambition or gain. As a nation of 150 million people, Nigeria’s democracy and its continued adherence to constitutional rule should be the highest priority.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by surveycash(m): 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2010
Not until i see him on TV i will not believe his arrival.

Thats my man.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2010
I am sure that Yaradua was not brought back to assume power, but to be around and to make Jonathan watch his moves and be careful of who he install and who he removed from office.
If they have to put the dude on life support till 2011, they would.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2010
surveycash:

Thats my man.

They have said, there will not access to him for a long time and long time could be long enuf to at least conduct the next election.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Princek12(m): 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmy,

OBJ is not a Northerner, but we all know that he was a puppet for the Northern Mafia, and he is only one non-northerner. Why don't you think about all the other Nigerian presidents, most of whom are Northerners and stack illiterates, and tell me how they have advanced this country.

Northerners do not value intellectualism, and that is why illiteracy is so rampant in the North. Northerners feel you don't need a ruler who has the intellect and the degrees to steer Nigeria in the direction of greatness.

Challenge me with facts, please! I dare you.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by otawa: 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2010

Nigeria has been sick since 1914!

Not until i see him on TV i will not believe his arrival.

You wait forever.

There is no LAW that states that Yaradua must at any point appear on TV for Nigerians.

Turai and her cabal are master planners. They are following the LAW to the letter.

The United States welcomes the news of President Yar’Adua’s return to Nigeria. We hope that his health is sufficient to enable him to fully resume his official duties.  Nigeria needs a strong, healthy, and effective leader to ensure the stability of the country and to manage Nigeria’s many political, economic, and security challenges.  Recent reports, however, continue to suggest that President Yar’Adua’s health remains fragile and that he may still be unable to fulfill the demands of his office.

Good enough, Nigeria belongs to Nigerians. May be USA declassified who killed Nkuruma, Lumba etc

Only a fool listen to words of USA. They have lost all credibility. They are only be tolerated!

I am sure that Yaradua was not brought back to assume power, but to be around and to make Jonathan watch his moves and be careful of who he install and who he removed from office.
If they have to put the dude on life support till 2011, they would.

Most likely, that is why Turai is her grand-master. She beats all of them to the game.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by JUO(m): 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2010
We hope that his health is sufficient to enable him to fully resume his official duties.

you must be a ghanian. God will safe this country
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Joe50(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2010
my fingers are crossed watching nigerian 2009/2010 season2
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2010
Princek12:

Fhemmy,

OBJ is not a Northerner, but we all know that he was a puppet for the Northern Mafia, and he is only one non-northerner. Why don't you think about all the other Nigerian presidents, most of whom are Northerners and stack illiterates, and tell me how they have advanced this country.

Northerners do not value intellectualism, and that is why illiteracy is so rampant in the North. Northerners feel you don't need a ruler who has the intellect and the degrees to steer Nigeria in the direction of greatness.

Challenge me with facts, please! I dare you.

And he was able to install Yaradua on us all, that means he must be a powerful muppet
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by yourangel: 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
By Elizabeth Archibong and Terfa Tiley-Gyardo

February 24, 2010 06:47PM
  print  email   

Updates as they happen

1745 - The house of representatives chairman on rules and business, Eta Inang, says that the National Assembly still recognises Goodluck Jonathan as the Acting President of Nigeria.

1736 - Security sources say Mr Yar'Adua was forced to relocate to Nigeria from Saudi Arabia following the decision of the Saudi government to avoid a mounting diplomatic crisis.
1545 - Michael Aondoakaa is also scheduled to return this afternoon.

1530 - The private meeting has ended and the Minister of Information gave a very quick briefing confirming that the Acting President would indeed be meeting with the first lady this evening. She dodged the obvious question of why he is meeting the first lady and not the President.

1448 - Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to meet with First lady Turai Yar’Adua this evening

Link:  http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5531463-146/live_updates_-_yaraduas_return_.csp
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by nex(m): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2010
@mustapha01

when you say we need a "benevolent dictator", it's no different from me saying that we need a "Godly Demon". So please explain from that your silly paper, how this kindhearted usurper will operate his government over us, and how he will be chosen.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Princek12(m): 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

And he was able to install Yaradua on us all, that means he must be a powerful muppet

You are just evading the issue. The issue is not whether Mr. Obasanjo was powerful puppet in that he was able to appoint Mr. Yaradua, a northerner. The issue is that you should appraise the contributions of past Nigerian leaders, most of whom are northerners, and come to a reasonable conclusion as to why northerners are not good for Nigeria because they have failed us in the past. When will we learn that malos cannot lead us. I think it is a cultural difference, for a lot of northerners want to practice Sharia law, and want to resist following the dictates of the Constitution.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by wiseguy(m): 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
"President Yar'Adua wishes to reassure all Nigerians that on account of their unceasing prayers and by the special grace of God, his health has greatly improved," the president's spokesman, Olusegun Adeniyi, said in a statement.
"However, while the president completes his recuperation, [b]Vice-President Jonathan [/b]will continue to oversee the affairs of state,"

Did anybody notice the mention of Jonathan as Vice president instead of acting president in the above statement released by the presidential spokesman?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
Princek12:

You are just evading the issue. The issue is not whether Mr. Obasanjo was powerful puppet in that he was able to appoint Mr. Yaradua, a northerner. The issue is that you should appraise the contributions of past Nigerian leaders, most of whom are northerners, and come to a reasonable conclusion as to why northerners are not good for Nigeria because they have failed us in the past. When will we learn that malos cannot lead us. I think it is a cultural difference, for a lot of northerners want to practice Sharia law, and want to resist following the dictates of the Constitution.

A muppet means he has no power at all and he is just a boy boy for someone else.
And the fact that he was able to give you someone else while other voted, then, he could not have been a muppet.
As of today, seems like he has so much power to do and undo in PDP and we all know what party that runz the show.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
wiseguy:

"President Yar'Adua wishes to reassure all Nigerians that on account of their unceasing prayers and by the special grace of God, his health has greatly improved," the president's spokesman, Olusegun Adeniyi, said in a statement.
"However, while the president completes his recuperation, [b]Vice-President Jonathan [/b]will continue to oversee the affairs of state,"

Did anybody notice the mention of Jonathan as Vice president instead of acting president in the above statement released by the presidential spokesman?

I so much do and that was why i said earlier that people refused to understand the languages that has been used so far by the FG
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by aahmed112: 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
Kai!! these people can test person patience sha o - Who in the world is this woman?! Now I wish they made someone like Odili or Duke his Vice. Jonathan is too weak for this people jo! over-righteousness dey kill o!

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5531707-146/turai_checkmates_jonathan.csp

The handlers of the ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua who sneaked him into the country in the wee hours of today have not wasted any time in trying to wrest power from Acting President Goodluck Jonathan.

Unconfirmed reports speak of plans to make him resign if he doesn't toe the line now being drawn by Turai Yar'Adua who is now effectively in charge of the presidency. A number of ministers who were deemed to have been disloyal to Mr Yar'Adua, are also slated to be sacked, and Dora Akunyili is said to be top on that list.

A source in Aso rock confirmed that officials of the State Security Service had this afternoon gone into the office of Mr Jonathan and conducted a thorough search although it is not immediately clear what they were looking for. They were allegedly working under the directives of Mrs Yar'Adua.

Only a few hours after he arrived the country, and while he lies convalescing in a ‘clinic', aides to the President began systematically to divest Mr Jonathan of any opportunity to exercise the powers of the presidency. He has been denied access to the President and to any information that will keep him abreast of the unfolding drama. Sources say he is barely managing to avoid embarrassment as events keep changing around him and he only gets to hear of the changes after they were announced

As early as 11.31am, while he prepared for the weekly meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation, a security detail entered the chambers and immediately secured the president's chair to prevent Mr Jonathan from sitting on it. Less than one hour later, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation Yayale Ahmed announced that the Council meeting has been postponed. Instead, Mr Jonathan was scheduled to have a private meeting with the ministers. That meeting eventually lasted less than 10 minutes and the confusion was evident in the faces of some of the ministers who appeared to be sleep walking .

As part of the process of demoting Mr Jonathan, Presidential spokesperson, Segun Adeniyi has announced that from now on the Acting president will revert back to his previous status of vice President, although he will still need to hold the fort while the President recuperates

However, there are indications that none of this is happening with Mr Jonathan's consent as he remained locked out of the decision making process. Although no one has come out to say he is under house arrest, sources say after the search of his office, the Acting president was effectively kept apart and the coterie of visitors that has been around him in the last two weeks is no longer evident.

As a sign that Mrs Yar'Adua is now in charge of running the presidency, the Acting President has been scheduled to meet with her this evening, and sources say the fate of Mr Jonathan may depend on how that meeting goes.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Princek12(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

A muppet means he has no power at all and he is just a boy boy for someone else.
And the fact that he was able to give you someone else while other voted, then, he could not have been a muppet.
As of today, seems like he has so much power to do and undo in PDP and we all know what party that runz the show.

A puppet possesses the powers of his controllers. But what about all the past Northern presidents that ruined in Nigeria?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2010
How come i was not surprised to read all these new development.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
Princek12:

A puppet possesses the powers of his controllers. But what about all the past Northern presidents that ruined in Nigeria?

Tell me one that ruined Nigeria more than OBJ?
As a matter of fact, he had the opportunity 2ce to do the right thing. . . . .but wont
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by nex(m): 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2010
"I dan show, I dan show!"

"bad belle feofle, I wan make una know".

"All the way from Arabia, I sneak into their Aso Rock Billa"

"I say na who bi di mugu? Na who vi di maga?"

"make you ask Goodlack Jonathan, Aondoakkaa, na me vi di master"

"I come fut vad velle por shame aye"

"I get one tory por you yea, I go dey rule and everybady dey look aye"

"wheza you like am, wheza you no like am, 'Adua zan show ooOO! I zan show! Show! Show!"
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Princek12(m): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Tell me one that ruined Nigeria more than OBJ?
As a matter of fact, he had the opportunity 2ce to do the right thing. . . . .but wont
Shagari

Buhari

Babangida

Abacha

Gowon

all Northern illiterates
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2010
Princek12:

Shagari

Buhari

Babangida

Abacha

Gowon

all Northern illiterates

How come u left our OBJ in the middle there somewhere . . . . .remember, he was in power before one of those? what happened?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by gidson12(m): 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
Its funny hw ppl treat a whole soverign state as a personal toy  and play silly pranks on ppl as if nigeria is a nation of 150 imbe.ciles who could be fooled around. I repeat again this nation is way too big 2 b played by a sick n ready 2 die person
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MsTom(f): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
gidson12:

Its funny hw ppl treat a whole soverign state as a personal toy and play silly pranks on ppl as if nigeria is a nation of 150 imbe.ciles who could be fooled around. I repeat again this nation is way too big 2 b played by a sick n ready 2 die person

Actually, its being played by a greedy woman
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2010
gidson12:

Its funny hw ppl treat a whole soverign state as a personal toy  and play silly pranks on ppl as if nigeria is a nation of 150 imbe.ciles who could be fooled around. I repeat again this nation is way too big 2 b played by a sick n ready 2 die person

And what do we plan to do about it, cos the script is not over yet
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

Actually, its being played by a greedy woman

And that woman happens to be the wife of person we all talking about, and so sad how no one could stop her
Now where sis OBJ and his big mouth?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MsTom(f): 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
Princek12:

Shagari

Buhari

Babangida

Abacha

Gowon

all Northern illiterates

All the leaders- past and present (North and South) has bought Nigeria to this state. It is a race of every man for  his pockets

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Buhari, Fashola, Amaechi At International Finance Corporation (Pics) / Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? / EFCC Formally Invites Femi Fani-kayode (see The Invitation Letter)(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.