Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

On Blind Patriotism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Blind Patriotism (843 Views)

Saraki And Dogara: In Terms Of Patriotism, I Rate Them Very Very Low-Buhari / Man Of Unparalleled Patriotism, Humility - Buhari Mourns Shagari / Eunice Atuejide Slams Nnamdi Kanu, Says 'Igbos Can Be Blind' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Blind Patriotism by ofai: 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
What many people fail to acknowledge is that the pro-biafrans were once patriotic Nigerians. they once believed in a Nigeria where everyone had some sense of belonging. A Nigeria that will be just, fair and equitable regardless of religious and ethnic affiliations. 50 years of a failed post war national experiment is no more a joke. Its not funny.

Nigeria's mode of existence was negotiated between our founding fathers, NOT imposed. the patriotism of our founding fathers wasn't a blind one. they had their terms of national engagement. if Nigeria must work, it must be properly negotiated, nobody wants to settle for less. Everyone wants a fair deal.

Today people talk about Nigeria as though it is non negotiable. the foolish ones do much worse, they engage in blind patriotism. They see the sorry state of Nigeria as their fate, they would rather sink with the Titanic ship than find an escape route. They see the fraud and hypocrisy having a field day, yet they do little about it.

Sincerely fix the country, they won't. okay, some are willing to fix the system by negotiating Nigeria's mode of existence, they antagonize them. Now some want outright seperation, these blind patriots are calling for their heads. they are those who try to defeat a project before allowing it to operate.

I owe no allegiance to a country that is not ready to make things right for it's citizens. I owe no allegiance to a country that can't protect me. Some so called patriots will even readily drop their Nigeria for another country when given the opportunity. I owe no allegiance to a country whose leadership are bent on dividing the citizenry with their speeches, actions and inaction. There is so much brain drain in the country due to the fraud and hypocrisy in the system.

I don't believe in blind patriotism. if there is sincerity on the part of Nigerias leadership to fix Nigeria regardless of economic challenges, there won't be escalated agitations. A true patriot is not a blind patriot. NIGERIA wants blind patriotism. they won't get it from me.

If they don't restructure the faulty system, I won't settle for less. I will go for a whole new and carefully negotiated biafra. Thank you NNAMDI KANU for rising to the occasion.

lalasticlala pazienza NDPVF IPOBrep

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Blind Patriotism by TundeHashim(m): 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
I agree with all what u said...every single thing until u got to "Thank you Nnamdi Kanu...". Sure you're entitled to your opinion BUT ur fundamental flaw is that we, that are not Ibos, find it offensive for Kanu to be insulting us and our leaders (cultural, spiritual and political). But if we look introspectively, everyone in Nigeria is marginalized. The poor Hausa masses, the people of the Niger Delta whose lands have been exploited, the Westerners whose leaders have shortchanged 'em, just name it.
Re: On Blind Patriotism by ofai: 12:01am On Sep 05, 2017
TundeHashim:
I agree with all what u said...every single thing until u got to "Thank you Nnamdi Kanu...". Sure you're entitled to your opinion BUT ur fundamental flaw is that we, that are not Ibos, find it offensive for Kanu to be insulting us and our leaders (cultural, spiritual and political). But if we look introspectively, everyone in Nigeria is marginalized. The poor Hausa masses, the people of the Niger Delta whose lands have been exploited, the Westerners whose leaders have shortchanged 'em, just name it.

kanu's methods may have flaws, but his cause is justified. kanu made such utterances to get attention, it worked for him, he was jailed partly because of it. kanu is reacting to all the fraud and hypocrisy that has jaundiced his people.

kanu's methods are vents of bitterness towards the leaders all over the country including igboland. He believes ANYONE against BIAFRA is against his peoples freedom from years of systemic oppression.
Anyway, he has assured that his unbridled attack on other people will stop. however, he will verbally attack anyone aiding or abetting directly or indirectly against the BIAFRA referendum agenda.

kanu is not Nigerias problem. Every sincere person knows this.

3 Likes

Re: On Blind Patriotism by TundeHashim(m): 12:21am On Sep 05, 2017
ofai:

kanu's methods may have flaws, but his cause is justified. kanu made such utterances to get attention, it worked for him, he was jailed partly because of it. kanu is reacting to all the fraud and hypocrisy that has jaundiced his people.

kanu's methods are vents of bitterness towards the leaders all over the country including igboland. He believes ANYONE against BIAFRA is against his peoples freedom from years of systemic oppression.
Anyway, he has assured that his unbridled attack on other people will stop. however, he will verbally attack anyone aiding or abetting directly or indirectly against the BIAFRA referendum agenda.

Have u ever heard of Mohandas Mahatma Gandhi? What bout Rev. Martin Luther King or the more familiar Nelson Mandela? They all fought for freedom with dignity and respect and that earned them all the attention they wanted. Every reasonable discussion must begin with logic. how do u expect my Fulani brothers or Yoruba ones to come to a peaceful resolution on how to help u achieve Biafra if you've called them pigs and animals? The truth is igbos alone can't single handedly secede from the country without having allies in the West and North. But insulting our people would make it impossible for our leaders to have sympathy for your cause...if Martin Luther King had called the white folks Pigs and animals, the trajectory of the human rights movement would have taken a different course, and definitely not a pleasant one for both sides. Perhaps it was the support of many whites that enabled blacks in US get their rights. So also if u guys must see Biafra, you need other Nigerians to be sympathetic to ur cause and that can't be done by chest beating, online rants and verbal insults no matter how little!
Re: On Blind Patriotism by ofai: 12:33am On Sep 05, 2017
TundeHashim:
Have u ever heard of Mohandas Mahatma Gandhi? What bout Rev. Martin Luther King or the more familiar Nelson Mandela? They all fought for freedom with dignity and respect and that earned them all the attention they wanted. Every reasonable discussion must begin with logic. how do u expect my Fulani brothers or Yoruba ones to come to a peaceful resolution on how to help u achieve Biafra if you've called them pigs and animals? The truth is igbos alone can't single handedly secede from the country without having allies in the West and North. But insulting our people would make it impossible for our leaders to have sympathy for your cause...if Martin Luther King had called the white folks Pigs and animals, the trajectory of the human rights movement would have taken a different course, and definitely not a pleasant one for both sides. Perhaps it was the support of many whites that enabled blacks in US get their rights. So also if u guys must see Biafra, you need other Nigerians to be sympathetic to ur cause and that can't be done by chest beating, online rants and verbal insults no matter how little!

this caution would have made sense if the Nigerian patriots understood that a call for BIAFRA is not a call for war. Before now, biafra was seen as a taboo, the word biafra was seen as treason. Americans were at least humane, same for India, but Nigeria? it's something else. shooting at armless protesters is nothing humane or even civil.
Re: On Blind Patriotism by SHTFguy: 12:42am On Sep 05, 2017
The blind patriots are actually lazy and corrupt inclined.

They have bought into the Nigerian dream which preaches overnight success with little or no effort but based on your ethnicity and who you know.

It is no wonder then why politicians are revered and worshipped more than ever in our current time.

The Tinubu model is the basis of inspiration after all he stole billions and is still stealing billions through his political racket and no one is stopping or questioning him.

To restructure Nigeria is to bring about fairness, equity and justice.

There won't be any free loaders or Abuja hustlers as there won't be any money in politics so the likes of omenka, TonyeBarcanista and Sarrki will have to get real jobs which they aren't ready for.

The average so-called patriot is a cowardly lazy free loader and cancer of society.

They are waiting on the line to have their go after the likes of Tinubu are done raping Nigeria dry.

3 Likes

Re: On Blind Patriotism by babyfaceafrica: 12:46am On Sep 05, 2017
Story
Re: On Blind Patriotism by SHTFguy: 12:51am On Sep 05, 2017
TundeHashim:
Have u ever heard of Mohandas Mahatma Gandhi? What bout Rev. Martin Luther King or the more familiar Nelson Mandela?

The first two got killed while the last suffered 27yrs incaeration.

Have you also heard of Ken Saro-wiwa and how his peaceful advocacy was framed by Abacha as terrorism and he was hanged for fighting for the rights of his people?

Kanu and his vitriol rhetoric is what Nigeria and Nigerians least deserve.

How many Yorubas have sided with the ND agitation for resource control? None.

That's because the exploitation ongoing in the Niger Delta was co-formulated by Yorubas and the North as war bounty to be divided and shared selfishly amongst you.

I have always maintained that Yorubas in particular are very afraid of even seeing the successful declaration of the core Igbo states as a sovereign nation because you know this will ginger the ND to break free as well.

Your lot invented this fake patriotism for your own selfish reasons and you expect the ND to continue to be raped and not complain.

1 Like

Re: On Blind Patriotism by 9jabull: 12:55am On Sep 05, 2017
ofai:
What many people fail to acknowledge is that the pro-biafrans were once patriotic Nigerians. they once believed in a Nigeria where everyone had some sense of belonging. A Nigeria that will be just, fair and equitable regardless of religious and ethnic affiliations. 50 years of a failed post war national experiment is no more a joke. Its not funny.

Nigeria's mode of existence was negotiated between our founding fathers, NOT imposed. the patriotism of our founding fathers wasn't a blind one. they had their terms of national engagement. if Nigeria must work, it must be properly negotiated, nobody wants to settle for less. Everyone wants a fair deal.

Today people talk about Nigeria as though it is non negotiable. the foolish ones do much worse, they engage in blind patriotism. They see the sorry state of Nigeria as their fate, they would rather sink with the Titanic ship than find an escape route. They see the fraud and hypocrisy having a field day, yet they do little about it.

Sincerely fix the country, they won't. okay, some are willing to fix the system by negotiating Nigeria's mode of existence, they antagonize them. Now some want outright seperation, these blind patriots are calling for their heads. they are those who try to defeat a project before allowing it to operate.

I owe no allegiance to a country that is not ready to make things right for it's citizens. I owe no allegiance to a country that can't protect me. Some so called patriots will even readily drop their Nigeria for another country when given the opportunity. I owe no allegiance to a country whose leadership are bent on dividing the citizenry with their speeches, actions and inaction. There is so much brain drain in the country due to the fraud and hypocrisy in the system.

I don't believe in blind patriotism. if there is sincerity on the part of Nigerias leadership to fix Nigeria regardless of economic challenges, there won't be escalated agitations. A true patriot is not a blind patriot. NIGERIA wants blind patriotism. they won't get it from me.

If they don't restructure the faulty system, I won't settle for less. I will go for a whole new and carefully negotiated biafra. Thank you NNAMDI KANU for rising to the occasion.

lalasticlala pazienza NDPVF IPOBrep

Pls name those that negotiated for Nizooria before the amalgamation was done in 1914.

No body negotiated but it was done under gun point (duress) especially on Biafran side & it can't stand.
The people you call the founding fathers don't believe in Nizooria.
Eg

Re: On Blind Patriotism by ofai: 1:02am On Sep 05, 2017
9jabull:

Pls name those that negotiated for Nizooria before the amalgamation was done in 1914.

No body negotiated but it was done under gun point (duress) especially on Biafran side & it can't stand.
The people you call the founding fathers don't believe in Nizooria.
Eg

I understand your standpoint. We are together.

I wasn't referring to Nigeria's existence, am referring to it's MODE OF EXISTENCE.
Re: On Blind Patriotism by 9jabull: 1:05am On Sep 05, 2017
When was Zik, Awolowo & Ahmadu bello born for them to be your founding fathers.?
How old were they in 1914?

Meanwhile we don't believe in restructuring but referendum

Re: On Blind Patriotism by OsuMmanu1: 1:13am On Sep 05, 2017
Buhari is a terrorist
Re: On Blind Patriotism by cnwokike(m): 5:58am On Sep 05, 2017
TundeHashim:

You need to read more about Mandela. He started his movement violently and even killed people.
Gandhi's case was civil disobedience.
I know know much about about Luther.
It will surprise you to know that Mandela was in US terror list until about 2006.
A movement for independence or secession is not pally pally talk, it is a serious thing. And while you are in the struggle, those with opposing view will not like you. Luther was shot dead, Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi spent numerous years in prison.
And I believe you know that our Nation is a special one. The truth is abhorred and lies are celebrated.
Every body knows that the current system we are operating is not working, yet if you make a move to change the system, you will suddenly become an enemy of the state.
But mind this, those preaching and seeking the Non negotiability of the current Nigerian unity are only doing that with their lips and not by action.
Their children school abroad - our own children are at the mercies of ASUU
When they are sick, even with minor headache, they seek medical attention abroad - Resident doctors are currently on strike, what do we do?
Many youths on this platform have been jobless even after years of graduation. Some have MSc yet not hope of employment. Many are underemployed. - I believe that the secret employment of the kins of these unity preachers is no longer news.
Many of them have their families living abroad, or better still they travel about every summer - Many Nigerian have not even seen an aeroplane physical on the ground. Their only chance is to wave at one flying high in the sky.
Need I say more?
Our problem is not Nnamdi January nor Arewa Youth, neither is it the Yoruba man calling for the declaration of Oduduwa republic.
Our problems are those calling for Unity without negotiability of such unity they seek.

My take is, Nigeria youths should love themselves and unite to fight this tetra headed monster that has eaten our future and looking to eat the future of our children yet unborn.

3 Likes

Re: On Blind Patriotism by dudebuck: 6:00am On Sep 05, 2017
ofai:

I don't see any flaw on Kanu's methods.
Re: On Blind Patriotism by dudebuck: 6:12am On Sep 05, 2017
TundeHashim:
Kanu insulted nobody, BTW does a mere word of mouth kill? Can it break your bones? If your next door neighbour sees you doing something bad and speaks to you about it in a harsh manner, so you will continue what you are doing because he did not massage your bloated ego when advising you for your own good. See reasoning na, if those awusas you are point to are happy with the situation, that is their business, after all they are the same people who go about praising buhari to high heavens as if he is the best to to happen to nigeria since slice bread, is it that buharu will give them 20 naira each? No! It is to spite their perceived enemies, and they gloat everyday about it as of they just won a lotto, but everyday Buhari's actions and inactions sink the whole country deeper and deeper into poverty everyday! Talk more about cutting your nose to spite your face.

2 Likes

Re: On Blind Patriotism by Eastfield1: 6:35am On Sep 05, 2017
ofai:

there is no single flaw in NK method.
the only flaw there is that our Enemies hate that his method is working.
there are more than one million flaws in Buhari's leadership & methods and This fools knows it quite well but yet this fools still love & worship him
Why??
Because the believe Buhari's is the only one who can kill us all in order to Enforce one Nigeria on us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Blind Patriotism by aolawale025: 6:53am On Sep 05, 2017
Over a period I have decoded blind patriots. They are either getting crumbs or looking for a way to get on the gravy train.

Nigeria has a sore that kanu has brought to the front burner. We may not agree with his ways but we have to heal the sore one way or the other.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: Obiano Doesn’t Deserve Second Term – Obi / Look At Why Ipob Believes That Nnamdi Kanu Is A Prophet (video) / Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.