Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa (25100 Views)

Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / Pretty Nigerian Lady With Thought Provoking News For Those Coming To U.S.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by bluecircle470: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Also its a continent that is full of unnecessary civil wars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
What if whites never came to sub saharan and southern africa
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
Never regreted being African for one day...Even with all the odds and what they say. Here is a continent the Earth chose to bless. Nature's favourite daughter battered and defiled by foreigners and her own errant sons alike. Yet her soul remains as strong and resilient as ever. Love it here.
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by EgusiShankly: 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
eleojo23:
6. Africa is home to the most superstitious people on earth.
re u sure? undecided
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by heendrix(m): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
Preshi123:
Op come, there is nothing thought provoking abt Africa...

I pity South-Africa that voluntarily quit there Nuclear weapon program.. wen d likes of North Korea come for dem ehn... OYO will there case undecided

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Koolking(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bridgetania:
how una take over take me nah...
You also forgot to include..

It produces the most corrupt leaders and politicians in the whole continent...

And also..
Its the only continent that widely patronises money rituals

Bold statement is extremely contestable. Media in the civilized continents are not in the forefront of making corrupt dealings in high places the mainstream reporting. In African continents, corrupt is loud and it's more of a political gimmicks by political opponents.
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by ManuelE99(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
Preshi123:
Op come, there is nothing thought provoking abt Africa...

I pity South-Africa that voluntarily quit there Nuclear weapon program.. wen d likes of North Korea come for dem ehn... OYO will there case undecided

Says who??
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Mujtahida: 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
Africa has one of the most beautifully shaped maps so much so it's shape has been used as a work of art. Check out Anthony Joshua's Africa tattoo on his shoulder. Classy
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by trustedgreatpro: 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
Mendelssohn:
7. Africa is home to oldest and sit-tight presidents in the world.

True, currently,1 of them doesn't want to rest evn after many health challenges....all 4 the money
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by spaceacademy(m): 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
it's africa now. no tribalism?
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
99%? 100%. Is there any other continent in the world where you can find lions roaming freely? In their natural habitat that is. Bonus fact,the African elephant is the world's biggest and heaviest land animal. The Asian elephant is a complete light weight.
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by SmartyPants(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
Opinionated:
Africa is the world’s second-largest and second-most populous continent. It is second to none in terms of wildlife, wild lands and rich cultural traditions. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 thought-provoking facts about Africa.

It Has a Large Percentage of the World’s Elephant

Africa is believed to have over 85% of the world’s elephant population. It is also believed to have over 99% of the remaining lions in the world. In other words, over 99% of the remaining lions are on the African continent.

Suggestions that the Ancestors of Human Beings Originated From Africa

Charles Darwin was the first scientist to suggest that the ancestors of human beings may have originated from Africa. But racism and the prejudicial attitude of many people in the Western world to Africa, made many people in the West highly resistant to such suggestions until very well into the twentieth century.

Lake Malawi is Believed to Have More Fish Species Than Any Other Freshwater System on Earth

Lake Malawi is located between Malawi, Mozambique and Tanzania. It’s the ninth largest lake in the world, and the third largest and second deepest lake in Africa. It’s a meromictic lake (that is, it’s water layers do not mix), and its waters are rich in fish. The lake is believed to have more fish species than any other freshwater system on earth, however the wild population of fish in the lake is increasingly threatened by overfishing and water pollution.

Africa is Home to the Only Nation in the World to Voluntarily Abandon Its Nuclear Weapon Program

South Africa is the only country in the world to voluntarily abandon its nuclear weapon program. The reason the then president of South Africa, F.W. de Klerk, gave for dismantling the nation’s nuclear weapons was that he saw no value of nuclear weapons in fighting wars, and the prospect of using them against neighbouring countries was too appalling for him to consider.

Africa is a Continent of Extremes

Africa is considered a continent of extremes. It is a continent that’s very rich in mineral and agricultural wealth, but at the same time considered the world’s poorest continent, with many of its people suffering poverty and sicknesses. The continent is also extremely large, as well as extremely dry, with an extremely young population, so young that over half of the continent is under the age of 25.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-thought-provoking-facts-africa/

He didn't want nuclear weapons to fall into black hands. Especially, not while neighboring countries like the then Rhodesia were still white ruled.

1 Like

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Juchii(m): 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
billycayana:
We are the original human race
The white man stole everything from us and enslaved us with religion and education angry

I wanted to kiss back but it is just a picture grin how can we make it a reality kiss kiss I like your opinion though

1 Like

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2017
Josephjnr:
I am from this place op is talking about.

grin grin grin
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2017
Juchii:

I wanted to kiss back but it is just a picture grin how can we make it a reality kiss kiss I like your opinion though
Lol... kiss
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
Koolking:

Above facts are extremely thought-provoking. I respect Ex-President De Klerk for such novelty feat. He deserves world peace prize.
He was given alongside Mandela for the Peace they both brought to South Africa
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Kaywaz(m): 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
9jayes:
OUT OF EVERY 5 BLACK NIGERIAN IS ONE. USELESS COUNTRY THEY JUST PLENTY FOR NOTHING, FRANCE IS 65M IN POPULATION YET ONE OF THE WORLD POWER BUT NIGERIA OVER 200M CAN NOT DO ANYTHING MEANINGFUL WITH HER POPULATION. SHES ONLY KNOWN FOR TERRORISM, MILITANCY, DRUG DEALERS, CORRUPT LEADERS AND FOLLOWERS ETC. BIAFRA PLEASE COME QUICKLY I CAN'T WAIT
tatanus dy your brain
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by ozilo1chance(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
billycayana:
We are the original human race
The white man stole everything from us and enslaved us with religion and education angry
We were not civilised enough then.............while the whites were discovering electricity,computers,ships & vehicles,africans were busy tying wrapper,hunting,doing blacksmith,tapping palm-wine even killing of twins.......what did you expect

1 Like

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Juchii(m): 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
billycayana:

Lol... kiss

This one seun is following you, am I really safe wink I no wan receive life ban oo cheesy cheesy baby if you give me your digits I won't reject, I live by my words cool cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by AAinEqGuinea: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2017

Charles Darwin was the first scientist to suggest that the ancestors of human beings may have originated from Africa. But racism and the prejudicial attitude of many people in the Western world to Africa, made many people in the West highly resistant to such suggestions until very well into the twentieth century.

Starting to seriously doubt Out of Africa
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
itiswellandwell:
Hmmmmm, until when you include despite how wealthy Africa is, why is Africa still underdeveloped. That's when I will consider those thoughts a provoking one.

Check my signature for your quality full capacity powerbank
Because other Nations including but not limited to American the Gas company shell, Chocolaters Nestlé ,diamon mind owming celebrities (Paris Hilton and family) Exploit her.
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by ITbomb(m): 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
Juchii:

Getaway you
We are talking Africa
And you are thinking puzzy
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by nnaemmy(m): 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
The last point left me Thoughtful...

"Youth is everything"
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
You want to know why ZA dismantled their nuclear programme? The answer is ANC. ANC and Mandela. The white supremacists like FW De Klerk didn't want the negros laying their hands on those weapons when they finally took over. You know?
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Koolking(m): 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
Muzzbaba:

He was given alongside Mandela for the Peace they both brought to South Africa

Nice one bro

He won the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize in 1991, the Prince of Asturias Award in 1992 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993 along with Nelson Mandela

1 Like

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by chichijas(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
GJames:
Why is Africa in the shape of a question mark

grin grin grin
question mark?
;p
i prefer it to be in shape of a gun as it is always is!

turn the map horizontally and see it as a gun.

huh? ;-/ wetin i dy talk sef.
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Juchii(m): 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
ITbomb:

Getaway you
We are talking Africa
And you are thinking puzzy

You are right, I can't just live for a day without thinking about pus*y. Pussy is life grin grin it is nature and that is what African represent in the world. And talking about size you won't be disappointed, African has the biggest size of the rod shocked shocked kiss kiss
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by onila(f): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
GJames:
Why is Africa in the shape of a question mark
grin
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by romeoojohn19: 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Opinionated:
Africa is the world’s second-largest and second-most populous continent. It is second to none in terms of wildlife, wild lands and rich cultural traditions. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 thought-provoking facts about Africa.

It Has a Large Percentage of the World’s Elephant

Africa is believed to have over 85% of the world’s elephant population. It is also believed to have over 99% of the remaining lions in the world. In other words, over 99% of the remaining lions are on the African continent.

Lake Malawi is Believed to Have More Fish Species Than Any Other Freshwater System on Earth

Lake Malawi is located between Malawi, Mozambique and Tanzania. It’s the ninth largest lake in the world, and the third largest and second deepest lake in Africa. It’s a meromictic lake (that is, it’s water layers do not mix), and its waters are rich in fish. The lake is believed to have more fish species than any other freshwater system on earth, however the wild population of fish in the lake is increasingly threatened by overfishing and water pollution.

Africa is Home to the Only Nation in the World to Voluntarily Abandon Its Nuclear Weapon Program

South Africa is the only country in the world to voluntarily abandon its nuclear weapon program. The reason the then president of South Africa, F.W. de Klerk, gave for dismantling the nation’s nuclear weapons was that he saw no value of nuclear weapons in fighting wars, and the prospect of using them against neighbouring countries was too appalling for him to consider.

Africa is a Continent of Extremes

Africa is considered a continent of extremes. It is a continent that’s very rich in mineral and agricultural wealth, but at the same time considered the world’s poorest continent, with many of its people suffering poverty and sicknesses. The continent is also extremely large, as well as extremely dry, with an extremely young population, so young that over half of the continent is under the age of 25.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-thought-provoking-facts-africa/
Those provoking facts are some of the same reasons Africa is still very much underdeveloped
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Blackwonder(m): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Africa, the land of black wonders!
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by rexchazy(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Foolish fool as if Biafra is in Europe no wonder you kiss Kanu' feet
9jayes:
OUT OF EVERY 5 BLACK NIGERIAN IS ONE. USELESS COUNTRY THEY JUST PLENTY FOR NOTHING, FRANCE IS 65M IN POPULATION YET ONE OF THE WORLD POWER BUT NIGERIA OVER 200M CAN NOT DO ANYTHING MEANINGFUL WITH HER POPULATION. SHES ONLY KNOWN FOR TERRORISM, MILITANCY, DRUG DEALERS, CORRUPT LEADERS AND FOLLOWERS ETC. BIAFRA PLEASE COME QUICKLY I CAN'T WAIT
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
@ozilo1chance you are a funny man. That is not totally true. You need to digest more of African history. Not all of us lived that way on the continent prior to the arrival of the imperialists e.g. hunting,"tapping palm-wine" and all that as you said. Or are you living out certain parts of the continents? The way our ancestors lived differed from the way others lived in other parts of the continent. So,you see man,not everyone was hunting,tapping wine and living like he/she was cut out from the rest of the world. There were still others that had long established contacts with the other parts of the world examples: North Africa and the coastal zones of East Africa. These areas had long started exchanging ideas with more advanced corners of the globe long before the Guinea region started trading directly with the European sailors.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar / Air Peace Starts Direct Flights To Israel (Photos) / NAMA Ibadan Airport Bans Telemundo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.