Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:12 AM

Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September (4400 Views)

Planned Massive Compulsory Retrenchment Of Workers By Intels Nigeria Limited / Planned Massive Compulsory Retrenchment Of Workers By Intels Nigeria Limited / Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
It's longer news that job insecurity rains among Nigeria banking institutions and First bank not an exception. The First bank has embarked on mass retrenchment of its workers with 1500 staff sacked between August and 5th of September.

A top management source in the bank, who pleaded anonymity, said that the sack cut across the top, middle and low cadres.
He said that the mass sack was creating apprehension and fears among the remaining workers.
The source said that the remaining workers, especially workers from the former First Bank, feared they could be disengaged anytime.
The bank embarked on the massive sack in spite of the Minister of Labour, Chris Ngige’s directive o financial institutions to desist from the sacking spree.

Giving the present disability in our labour law and the ineffectiveness of our workforce system, a country who spend more time retrenching than recruiting. its no surprise at all that crime rate and ritual killings will continue on the rise.
Well Good luck to all those who have been victimised by the wicked banking sector... And grace to all that still works there...
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by Laryne(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
It implies advanced plan to engage contract staffs... a pay of one regular staff is the pay of about 4 contract staffs; and the contract staffs are required to do much more work...

1 Like

Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by Jidibia(m): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
Laryne:
It implies advanced plan to engage contract staffs... a pay of one regular staff is the pay of about 4 contract staffs; and the contract staffs are required to do much more work...
Even contract staff were sacked too.
And some permanent staff were also promoted.

1 Like

Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by lunacol(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
Why are they the First among other banks? If they join other banks in retrenching workers then their value has depreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by toocoded: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
FBN wanna restructure
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by pbethel: 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hhhhhhmmm
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by angelTI(f): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
But Nigeria is officially out of recession na

2 Likes

Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by generationz(f): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
Walahi this one weak me
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by Davland(m): 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
so true,it affected many of my friends
heard it affected contract staff that 've spent more than 8years
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by juddexy2(m): 1:43am On Sep 06, 2017
And some people are about to enter ..... Could this be a sign?
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by remsonik(f): 6:37am On Sep 06, 2017
Thank God the ones I know there were promoted not sacked. The truth is that one must have a plan B. Don't depend on salary alone

1 Like

Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by ignis: 7:48am On Sep 06, 2017
Bank work is not work....
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by AmandaLuv(f): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Too bad. for this recession cry
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by Nutase: 9:13am On Sep 06, 2017
shocked
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by Akious2k2(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2017
lunacol:
Why are they the First among other banks? If they join other banks in retrenching workers then their value has depreciated.
Don't get it twisted... Dey are first because dey started 1st... Not like dey are d best... Since 1894 I guess
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by lunacol(m): 10:47am On Sep 06, 2017
Akious2k2:

Don't get it twisted... Dey are first because dey started 1st... Not like dey are d best... Since 1894 I guess
OK but which is the best among all,where you can get the job as a permanent staff without being contracted and where you are sure that you won't be relieved of your duties anytime.

1 Like

Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by TOLU2611: 11:53am On Sep 06, 2017
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by Akious2k2(m): 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
lunacol:
OK but which is the best among all,where you can get the job as a permanent staff without being contracted and where you are sure that you won't be relieved of your duties anytime.
I don't know d 1st though, but I b-liv some d new generation banks are much better... e.g. Access, G. T., etc
Re: Massive Retrenchment At First Bank Nigeria August And September by castroyhardey: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2017
more reason why u should have something of ur own. thank God for network marketing

(1) (Reply)

Unemployment Is Killing Me. See The Food I Bought With My Last Card / Hmrc Is Recruiting / Urgent Vacancies In A Hospital In Lagos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.