Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm (3056 Views)

Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) / Ukwulu Invasion: Outcry As Fulani Herdsmen Ruin Farmlands In Anambra (Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by Ayokunumi24(f): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2017
The raining season will soon be over and the Fulani herdsmen will begin to parade their cattle on people's farms. We don't need to fight them.
We can put them off our farms if we plant some plants round the borders of the farms.

1, Jathropha plants, naturaly animals don't like the smell of this plant.

2, SennaAlata plant also put animals off.

3, Castor plant is very poisonous to animal.
God is wonderful, animals can smell poisonous plants.

With the little rain we expect, let's get one out of these plants to secure our farms from those killer intruders
You can get victory without a battle if you are prepared thanks.

jatropha plant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by coolcharm(m): 10:08am On Sep 06, 2017
Those guys are wicked. I guess they won't mind weeding your farm of these plants so that their cattle's can graze.

7 Likes

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by Nutase: 10:20am On Sep 06, 2017
Thanks
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by Ayokunumi24(f): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2017
Nutase:
Thanks
you are welcome.
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by Ayokunumi24(f): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2017
coolcharm:
Those guys are wicked. I guess they won't mind weeding your farm of these plants so that their cattle's can graze.
even if they did so, the scent of the plant will still be there

2 Likes

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by gabolak(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2017
pls op, what are the local names of these plants? or can you show us the pictures? all the same, thanks for this info.
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by SLOVFO(m): 11:18am On Sep 06, 2017
gabolak:
pls op, what are the local names of these plants? or can you show us the pictures? all the same, thanks for this info.

Very true.

If those plants really work, they are worth planting. I intend going into cassava farming. I won't planting them to put off the herdsmen

1 Like

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by Ayokunumi24(f): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2017
Ayokunumi24:
The raining season will soon be over and the Fulani herdsmen will begin to parade their cattle on people's farms. We don't need to fight them.
We can put them off our farms if we plant some plants round the borders of the farms.

With the little rain we expect, let's get one out of these plants to secure our farms from those killer intruders

jatropha plant

senna alata plant

1 Like

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by Ayokunumi24(f): 11:31am On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=Ayokunumi24

castor plant

2 Likes

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by IdeyFindWife: 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nice one!
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by mercyib(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
For Cow
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
Pesticide too.

Cows can detect over sprayed plants smiley
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by shyenar999(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
gabolak:

Ayokunumi24:

jatropha plant

Jatropha's yoruba local name is lapalapa
Senna alata is asun
I don't know d third one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by Iykenuwa(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2018
coolcharm:

they are mostly illiterate and might not know.

Anyway, they weed, you replant
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by maiunguwar: 7:33am On Sep 28, 2018
The most potent antidote against cows invasion of your farmland is grinded pepper mixed with snuff sprayed on the farm.

1 Like

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by hanoonbaba: 6:27am On Jun 22, 2019
Pls can anyone tell me the local name of tung seed? Very urgent
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by hanoonbaba: 6:29am On Jun 22, 2019
[quote author=hanoonbaba post=79559782]Pls can anyone tell me the local name of tung seed? Very urgent pls call 08139390301
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by hanoonbaba: 6:33am On Jun 22, 2019
I need jathropha and castor seeds in large quantity. Any body with this product should contact me on 080139390301. As a matter of urgency.
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by AmeLonRo(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
Plant melon. They don't eat melon. Even goats don't eat melon. Melon is egusi in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8hjNIacTE&t=5s

1 Like

Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by AlphaTaikun: 2:00am On Aug 08, 2022
Ayokunumi24:

jatropha plant
Insightful.
Re: How To Put Fulani Herdsmen Off Your Farm by safarifarms(m): 9:16pm On Mar 06
AmeLonRo:
Plant melon. They don't eat melon. Even goats don't eat melon. Melon is egusi in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8hjNIacTE&t=5s
My goats love Christmas melon leaves I'd think they'll be okay with egusi also. Does the egusi harm livestock that eat it?

(1) (Reply)

The Price Of Moringa Seed / Help With Unripe Palm Kernel Nut. / Egusi (melon) Pealing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.