Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava (15647 Views)

Rice Production Guide For 1 Hectare Of Land / Cost Of Setting Up Cucumber Plantation On 1 Hectare Of Land / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Rockyfancino(m): 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
eminikansoso:
Forget about these Internet farmers.
They know nothing about farming just look at their analysis.
Now Let me educate you on cassava farming business.
Let assume you want to farm on an hectare of land which is 100m by 100m equal to 10,000m square.
Land clearing during the january /February period will cost you 15000 to 25000 depend on the locations.
Next stage is Tilling and Ridges by tractor or manual, but tractor will be much better and will cost you around 20,000 to 30,000 depend on your locations.
Other stages include herbicide spraying and planting of cassava, you will need like 4 litres of herbicides and 50 bundles of cassava stems for 1 hectare of cassava farm which will cause you around 75,000 for proper planting of 1 meter spacing.
It take cause 9 to 12 months to reach maturity stage and it depends on the species.
Harvesting is done by hand and like me I sell by ton no further processing because of time and stress involve.
For an hectare of cassava farm highest I have uproot is about 63 tons about 2 years ago and was sold at 22500 per ton then.
Thanks
cassava farming is very lucrative no magic about it but it take time.
Are you still into cassava farming, I would like to ask some questions please
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by sessypgm(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07
Things has changed in 2024 now,cost of chemical is beyond our control and the Labor too
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by AyeMoJuba: 10:28pm On Mar 07
I'd like to go into Cassava farming. I have about 20 plots of land which is 2 plots above 3 acres

pls those who are already into this business, kindly share your experiences and the things i should know.

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukraine Ready To Establish Grain Hubs In Nigeria / Purchase Yam Tubers, Oranges, Livestock From The Source SUPER-CHEAP!! / Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.