Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

No Power No Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Power No Gospel (365 Views)

‘god Said No’, Gospel Singer Reveals Why She Left Her Boyfriend Days To Her Wedd / There Is No Power In Jesus / A Gospel Without Election Is No Gospel At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Power No Gospel by Hier(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
This topic is one i will love to read every morning. Jesus was to send His disciples out for the first ti me and it says, He gave them power to cast out demons and heal all manner of diseases. matthew 10. In the book of mark 16:15-18, it says, this sign shall follow them that believe in my name, and numerous signs were itemised. Finally, Acts 1:8, talking about and you shall receive power when the Holy Ghost is come upon you and you shall be my witness in Judea and Samaria and the uttermost part of the earth. The question is, who is a witness. A witness is the same person but a different body, 2 corin 5:19. It says, God was with Christ, Mark 16:20 says and the Lord confirming His word with signs following.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You know the funny part, they will jump at us and call us fraud very soon. SMH, and it doesn't bother anybody. We will preach, but we need to understand that the like of the Gods general were men of prayer. They prayed and they made decree. Jesus told us of the parable of the wisow and the unjust judge. I think Didov1 is an intercessor, thats by the way.
Re: No Power No Gospel by Hier(m): 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
Jesus even as man on earth, a God in human form, would pray ceaselessly, all night Mark1:35, at the mount of transfiguration, Jesus kept praying, even at baptism Jesus was all in prayer (Luke3:21). We have always downplayed the usefulness of prayer. Jesus said, watch and pray, lest you fall into temptation, Isaiah 62:6 says 6 I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; They shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the LORD, do not keep silent, 7 And give Him no rest till He establishes And till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

We need to form an habit of praying without ceasing, Jesus in Luke18:1 says, men ought always to pray. We all have a call to pray. The fact Jesus said men ought always to pray and not to faint, is symbolic and lemme say, a breathe taking and heart pricking one.

You mean God is omnipotent and we still need to pray. Sure, God is omnipotent, but before Jesus started ministry, He grew in wisdom and favour until the day appointed by God and even when the time came, He still needed to pray again. Haaaaa, time will fail me to talk about the man who prayed that it might not rain. And to reverse it, He prayed again, but while Elijah was in Cherith, blazing in fire, every other things were looking dead, and Elijah appeared again. Elijah is hope, are you hope?
Re: No Power No Gospel by Hier(m): 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
Jesus

(1) (Reply)

99 Names Of Allah / Confused/the shepherds voice/walk in it / Zimbabwean Prophet Paid A Man & A Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During S3x, You Wo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.