Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

A Gospel Without Election Is No Gospel At All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Gospel Without Election Is No Gospel At All (488 Views)

‘god Said No’, Gospel Singer Reveals Why She Left Her Boyfriend Days To Her Wedd / Singer Chidinma Ekile Sported Preaching The Gospel At A Beer Joint(video) / No Power No Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Gospel Without Election Is No Gospel At All by 5solas(m): 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
It will not come as a surprise to me if you have not heard of the doctrine of election. It is one doctrine that has been attacked over the years by the world and the devil. But the gospel cannot be faithfully proclaimed without mentioning God’s election of persons to salvation. The doctrine of election states that:

“Election is God’s eternal choice of persons unto everlasting life not because of foreseen merit in them but of His mere mercy in Christ in consequence of which choice they are called, justified and glorified”.

Those so chosen (referred to as the elects in the bible ) He gives faith in time Acts 13:48; Eph. 1:3,4.

Romans 8:29-30 says:

” 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ‘

So those foreknown are in time called and those called are in time justified and those justified are glorified. Those foreknown are called, justified and glorified. The glorification comes at their deaths or at Christ’s second coming. They are presently sojourners in this world (1 Peter 1:17) of whom this world is not worthy (Heb 11:38) whose suffering here are only temporary compared to their glorification (Rom. 8:18) whose glorying is not in earthly pleasures (Heb. 11:24-26) but in the fact that their names are written in heaven (Lk 10:20). The writing of their names in heaven being done not at their believing in time but from all eternity (Rev. 13: 8 ).

In John 6:37, 44 and 65, Jesus said :

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

From which we can concluded that no one can come to Christ except they are ‘given’ or ‘drawn’ by the Father . Anyone of the ‘given’ or ‘drawn’ that comes to Jesus, He will not cast out for any reason. See also John 10, John 17 and Matthew 11:25-27. No one can come to Christ except He is revealed to them by the Father. The believer’s faith is God-given Phil 1:29. Not only is the faith God-given, but the suffering to follow which is one of the marks of a believer.

From the foregoing, it is clear that a believer cannot lose salvation.It is affirmed all over the Bible but a last one from Jesus :

’37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.’ John 6:37-40.

Election is a necessary aspect of the gospel and it should be taught for believers to have a proper understanding of the gospel.

https://ithappenedatdordt.com/2018/02/21/a-gospel-without-election-is-no-gospel/#respond

1 Like

Re: A Gospel Without Election Is No Gospel At All by ichuka(m): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2018

Nice one

1 Like

Re: A Gospel Without Election Is No Gospel At All by Nobody: 3:32am On Feb 28, 2018
How about God promoting or demoting at will?

I think it's like saying, give us our own king!

But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
1 Samuel:8:6
And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
1 Samuel:8:7

Its why Ill do my best to ensure I will never vote in any national election.
Re: A Gospel Without Election Is No Gospel At All by Kobojunkiee: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2023
5solas:
■ It will not come as a surprise to me if you have not heard of the doctrine of election. It is one doctrine that has been attacked over the years by the world and the devil. But the gospel cannot be faithfully proclaimed without mentioning God’s election of persons to salvation. The doctrine of election states that:
“Election is God’s eternal choice of persons unto everlasting life not because of foreseen merit in them but of His mere mercy in Christ in consequence of which choice they are called, justified and glorified”.
Those so chosen (referred to as the elects in the bible ) He gives faith in time Acts 13:48; Eph. 1:3,4.
Romans 8:29-30 says:
” 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ‘
So those foreknown are in time called and those called are in time justified and those justified are glorified. Those foreknown are called, justified and glorified. The glorification comes at their deaths or at Christ’s second coming. They are presently sojourners in this world (1 Peter 1:17) of whom this world is not worthy (Heb 11:38) whose suffering here are only temporary compared to their glorification (Rom. 8:18) whose glorying is not in earthly pleasures (Heb. 11:24-26) but in the fact that their names are written in heaven (Lk 10:20). The writing of their names in heaven being done not at their believing in time but from all eternity (Rev. 13: 8 ).
In John 6:37, 44 and 65, Jesus said :
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
From which we can concluded that no one can come to Christ except they are ‘given’ or ‘drawn’ by the Father . Anyone of the ‘given’ or ‘drawn’ that comes to Jesus, He will not cast out for any reason. See also John 10, John 17 and Matthew 11:25-27. No one can come to Christ except He is revealed to them by the Father. The believer’s faith is God-given Phil 1:29. Not only is the faith God-given, but the suffering to follow which is one of the marks of a believer.
From the foregoing, it is clear that a believer cannot lose salvation.It is affirmed all over the Bible but a last one from Jesus :
’37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.’ John 6:37-40.
Election is a necessary aspect of the gospel and it should be taught for believers to have a proper understanding of the gospel.
This doctrine is also of lies and it selectively sifts through the gospels as well as the writing of Paul to pick only those passages that would support the hogwash theory of election as drawn from the imaginations of men. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Baby Jesus Returned To Church Where It Was Stolen 90 Years Ago / Holiness Is A Weapon. / Revealed! How Apostle Omotosho Tope Josheph Predicted Arsene Wenger Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.