Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,698 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

What's Gender Got To Do With It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Gender Got To Do With It? (291 Views)

How I Got To Know I Was Still Single. / How I Got To Know My Boyfriend Is Married With 2 Kids - Nigerian Lady / Childish Ways Most Guys Behave That Has Got To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Gender Got To Do With It? by ako1tse: 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
WHAT'S GENDER GOT TO DO WITH IT?

Recently, I got my eldest daughter involved during animal killing and took her through the steps. It felt good.
Later she called me into the kitchen and asked that I explain the process of cleaning the internal organs......na there guru become olodo.
Of course her mum put her up to this (internal coup) but it was painful because she wanted me to teach her and I didn't know it. You see, as a child, I only assisted with killing the animal (boys work), the cleaning and cooking was for the girls to do.

As a child, there were things that the girls did and while we were encouraged and even asked to do them when the girls weren't there, it was primarily their work to do.
It just was not going to happen that a female would be at home and a boy will cook. As at that time it was okay because, well, nobody wanted to eat rubbish and our cooking was rubbish compared to that of the girls.

On the other hand, there were things we were expected to do and when we weren't there, the girls would leave the work till we got back.
Say for example, there's need for the car to be washed or something heavy lifted, it fell to the boys.
Today, I believe it helps the overall development of the child to be involved in all domestic tasks without gender playing a part.

Why can't boys learn to pound, why can't they learn to cook, do dishes and clean the home?

Why can't girls wash the car, why can't they learn to change tyres, bulbs and be handy with tools?

What's gender got to do with it?

(1) (Reply)

Waiting For The King / Tips For Selecting The Best Hotel At A Tourist Place Or Holiday Travels / How To Buy Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.