Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

10 Places Never To Visit Again (part 3) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 10 Places Never To Visit Again (part 3) (443 Views)

The Maid (part 3) / Marriage And Vitamin Sex - Part 3 / 10 Places Never To Visit Again (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Places Never To Visit Again (part 3) by BEINSPIREDINC(m): 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
10 PLACES NEVER TO VISIT AGAIN (PART 3)

4. VALLEY OF WISHFUL THINKING

The one place anyone might be tempted to stay forever, if decisions aren't made quickly is the place of wishful thinking. Don't fall for it. It is a trap to hold you down. Step out and live beyond wishes.

"If wishes were horses, beggar would ride. "

I believe the beggar will surely ride on the horse . But first, their is a salient question I will want the beggar ask himself first and be definite about answering it too;

' How much do I wish for this? '

Listen friends, our wish for a thing is not the same as how much we want it.
While the former is a desire, the latter is a desperation.

You might want to stay in the unrealistic place of wishful thinking, hoping for that which will never be yours .
But, one thing is certain, you can't stay too long in the place of desperation. Only when you get to that point of no turning back on what you want, not until then will you have it.

Let me quickly show you a picture from the Holy Scripture:

"The poor and needy seek water, but there is none,

Their tongues fail for thirst."
(THIS IS AN HEIGHT OF DESPERATION)

So, let's see what happened next...

"I, the Lord, will hear them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will open river..."
(THIS IS A DEPTH OF RESPONSE)
Friends, even the Holy scripture talked about how God only respond to a desperate need, not a wishful taught.

Your height of desperation does the work of putting your heart into your hands. Compelling you to work out your desires into reality.

Wishes, I tell you, can only exist in two worlds; the mystical world and the indolent world. In these worlds, nothing real or original happens. If you have been there, my advise to you is never go back there.Get up. Get out and get going.

TO BE CONTINUED…
#BEINSPIRED
© 2017 ABAIRE OLAWALE

(1) (Reply)

My Favorite Number Of The Alphabet Is Grey / Poem: Apology / Got Ebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.