Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) (36635 Views)

Breaking! FIFA To Replay Worldcup Final, Referees Investigated. / FIFA Rejects Ghana’s Request To Replay 2018 World Cup Qualifier Against Uganda / World Cup Qualifier: A Referee Banned For Match Fixing, Match To Replay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by IYANGBALI: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2017
Money finish eye clear grin grin
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by fumiswtpusy(f): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2017
My own is that I can't wait for nigeria to lose and be kicked back to the zoo.they don't deserve any trophy.
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by Kendroid: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2017
FIFA
What about Barca 1-6 PSG undecided

1 Like

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by meforyou1(m): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2017
Nigeria should report the refree that officiated the Cameroon-Nigeria match in Yaounde. That penalty he awarded cameroon just to make sure the score so he would collect his money from paul biya is a clear match-fixing.
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by meforyou1(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
oloriooko:
FIFA should cancel Cameroun's penalty goal against Nigeria grin
exactly. that wasnt a penalty
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by meforyou1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
mrvitalis:
This is bad
If Barcelona penalty against Ac Milan where a penalty was given befor the coner was taken was not reversed then I don't see any reason this should be

The football rules states that the refers decision is final and that's the way it should be

This is bad
refree decision is final. refreee done turn God. bros, nothing is final on earth. there are always higher authorities that can be appealed to.
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by meforyou1(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
RillJ:
Cameroon right now praying that the first leg of the match with Naija be canceled. undecided
noo. cameroon is rather praying that the second leg match in yaounde (where they bribed the ref) should not be cancelled
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by meforyou1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
AFONJACOW:
I will comments when Zambia book their first ever world cup ticket grin grin grin
that will in 2070 world cup in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by Icon79(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
FIFA is a joke!

If Real Madrid versus Bayern Munich 2017 UCL match, where the ref allowed 3 foul goals to stand, was not replayed then no games shall be replayed. We're talking about 3 bad call that clearly changed the result of the game! In fact, none of Cristano Ronaldo's hat trick would've been allowed. In one of the goals, he was over 10 meters offside but the ref became totally blinded.

The corruption in FIFA and UEFA is much worse than anyone can imagine. Football has become a joke....big time!

O pari

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by RillJ(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
All join joor! grin grin grin grin
meforyou1:
noo. cameroon is rather praying that the second leg match in yaounde (where they bribed the ref) should not be cancelled
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by bluecircle470: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2017
Mopolchi:
Yeah even our match with SA needs to be replayed. I wondered how they came here and defeated us.

Even our match with Argentina in USA 94' will be replayed cos maradona use drug.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by BuzzRay(m): 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
BluntBoy:

That is UEFA's call, not for FIFA. FIFA is for countries, not clubs.

And you need to watch that South Africa-Senegal match. The referee did not even try to hide his act. His calls were suspicious from his offside call on Diouf to his added time. He killed that match for Senegal. Even the South African commentator for that match said something about "homeside ruling" or something like that. I watched that match but I can't really remember how that commentator put it. The match was disgusting.

oh i guess ure right. i didn't watch the match, just the highlights. i think this is the First time I'm seeing a match being replayed.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by AFONJACOW(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
meforyou1:
make sure you eat your dinner on time b4 the commencement of the match, because this will be your fate

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by femi4: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
mrvitalis:
This is bad
If Barcelona penalty against Ac Milan where a penalty was given befor the coner was taken was not reversed then I don't see any reason this should be

The football rules states that the refers decision is final and that's the way it should be

This is bad
honestly, this is the first time a match will be replay due to ref error
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by AFONJACOW(m): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
meforyou1:
make sure you eat very well b4 the commencement of the watch... Bcux this must be ur fate

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by BluntBoy(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
BuzzRay:

oh i guess ure right. i didn't watch the match, just the highlights. i think this is the First time I'm seeing a match being replayed.

I heard that the match was fixed. Some betters paid the referee to make sure South Africa won. I went to do some reading on the referee. He doesn't have a good record.
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by simplekalu88(m): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
what will happen to the money I lost to the bookies? :
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by Codes151(m): 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
They should go and replay Psg vs Barca first
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by Adiwana: 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
BluntBoy:

That is UEFA's call, not for FIFA. FIFA is for countries, not clubs.

And you need to watch that South Africa-Senegal match. The referee did not even try to hide his act. His calls were suspicious from his offside call on Diouf to his added time. He killed that match for Senegal. Even the South African commentator for that match said something about "homeside ruling" or something like that. I watched that match but I can't really remember how that commentator put it. The match was disgusting.

I watched the highlight of that match for supersport.i was highly disgusted with what i saw.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by einsteine(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
There is a difference between an unintentional error and match fixing.

In cases of match fixing, the sporting authority reserves the right to reschedule the events.

Most likely, the referee collected funds from gamblers to fix the match.

mrvitalis:
This is bad

This is bad
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by Isapro1(m): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
South Africa are always bribing their ways .Iread somewhere ,how they bribe to host the World Cup 2010
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by Tinie: 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
I find it convenient that FIFA came to their senses after seeing SA get beaten by Cape Verde home and away. They dont want SA to come and water down the World Cup (their main source of income). Fifa are not taking chances

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by BluntBoy(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
Adiwana:

I watched the highlight of that match for supersport.i was highly disgusted with what i saw.

Very disgusting.
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by zanga420: 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
oake:
"banned for match fixing" ... Corruption even in football. Man is intrinsically corrupt.

Anyway, no be today.
Na only African referees dem dey ban? What about the referees that officiated Barça-PSG, Chelsea-barca matches etc? Good luck to Senegal, good for the replay.

Double standard everywhere:
A man having an affair with a married woman is curse(certainly, it is). But a woman having an affair with a married man is assistance. Abi how you see am
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by expozey(f): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
If this is true, I'm of the humble opinion that Fifa should not encourage rematches as they'll begin to have too many cases than they can handle. As much as undeserved loss of points could be bitterly painful, it comes with the sports territory
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by soath(m): 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
chiscodedon:
Africans always disgracing themselves
Worse happen in European leagues and nothing happens. Good move but still #Discrimination
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by maverick001: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
Codes151:
They should go and replay Psg vs Barca first
there's a difference between unintentional error and proven match fixing........the referee here was proven to have collected bribe from betting sites and gamblers to influence the outcome of the match............that is why it is being replayed.....matches can never(as of now anyway) be replayed because the ref made an error.......if that is the case almost every match will be replayed

1 Like

Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by PDPGuy: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
femi4:
honestly, this is the first time a match will be replay due to ref error
It's actually the 2nd ever FIFA WC qualifier to be replayed. The first was an Asian WCQ for either the 2006 or 2010 World Cup (can't remember the exact one).
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by femi4: 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
Tinie:
I find it convenient that FIFA came to their senses after seeing SA get beaten by Cape Verde home and away. They dont want SA to come and water down the World Cup (their main source of income). Fifa are not taking chances

SA is already at the bottom of their group even before this development. There is no way they can qualify ahead of cape varde and Senegal
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by buynaijagoods: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
Good development for Football.
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by Realhommie(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
boringnigerian:
Wait.... If the referee was induced to favor one side over another, then someone did the inducement. Shouldn't that person be punished too?
Good question.
Re: FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) by Realhommie(m): 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
BluntBoy:
FIFA should investigate SAFA and if they find the body guilty, they should withdraw points from Bafana Bafana.

CAF should take this as a challenge. Honestly, some of the officiating I witnessed in the AFCON 2013 were abysmal to say the least.
Even in the AFCON of 2017, terrible officiating..

It's the major reason African officials aren't regarded by FIFA..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o Fils Physically Attacks Algerian Youtuber In Qatar (video) / Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach / FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.