Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria (15317 Views)

4 Simple & Beautiful Houses You Can Build For Rent In Nigeria (video) / Nigerian Living Abroad? Reasons To Invest In Real Estate / Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by hothead(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2017
ok
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by phoenix480(m): 10:19am On Sep 08, 2017
I believe both of you are right, as it depends on your experiences and speciality.

Yes it can take 10 years to recoup your investment. It can also take 1 year, 2 years or 5 years especially with raw land. Good returns can also be seen in "Non-prime" areas like Ikorodu
due to the sheer population growth in the last few years.

Investing in Real Estate is NOT a get rich quick scheme though as it takes several years on average to recoup your investments. Quick liquidation is also not always feasible though especially
with Houses that re not in "hot" locations. The hidden costs of perfecting title and other levies are very real.

Rainmaker69:

Why not respond to the points raised? You have no way of knowing how much i know or don't know. You have only succeeded in revealing how shallow or empty your thinking process is.
For your info, I own land in at least 2 of Nigeria's most viable states and a timeshare outside Nigeria. I'm also a professional who handles property transactions including management and recovery, with more than 15 years experience.
To summarise for you, I have the credentials and experience to speak on these issues.
Don't join the bandwagon, think for yourself my brother. I suspect you're an agent and this is a knee-jerk reaction, that's one of our problems in this country. Speak to the points please, your market go still move.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:35am On Sep 08, 2017
Rainmaker69:

Why not respond to the points raised? You have no way of knowing how much i know or don't know. You have only succeeded in revealing how shallow or empty your thinking process is.
For your info, I own land in at least 2 of Nigeria's most viable states and a timeshare outside Nigeria. I'm also a professional who handles property transactions including management and recovery, with more than 15 years experience.
To summarise for you, I have the credentials and experience to speak on these issues.
Don't join the bandwagon, think for yourself my brother. I suspect you're an agent and this is a knee-jerk reaction, that's one of our problems in this country. Speak to the points please, your market go still move.
Ok checked could not find you in the property section . So it was safe for me to say you had no clue . The fastest growing sector in the EU is the property sector . In the Americas same thing . Asia is the same even almighty China is triving on real estate . The mortgage industry is bigger than any other industry . .its the only sectors that unifies every other sector .
I'm a mechanical engineering in the uk with 16 years expirience but I wish I was a civil Engineer . A house bought for £350,000 in 2004 is now worth £1.6 m and you say real estate is not IT ? Seriously ? ?
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Ok I will go fru your post here on Nairaland let me see your contribution to the property section . I will judge from therr yoyr expertise . I also recon you do so to mine .

My brother, please respond to the post you quoted, I'm not a social media property consultant. I operate in the real world, we can connect and take it up from there.
I would like your candid response to the post you quoted.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by phoenix480(m): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2017
I dont think Rainmaker69 is disagreeing with real estate being a good investment (I may be wrong though).

I suspect he is only trying to highlight some of the challenges of owning properties in Nigeria, which people either convieniently ignore or genuinely do not know. You will also
agree that some of the challenges mentioned are peculiar to us here compared to Western Countries.

erico2k2:

Ok checked could not find you in the property section . So it was safe for me to say you had no clue . The fastest growing sector in the EU is the property sector . In the Americas same thing . Asia is the same even almighty China is triving on real estate . The mortgage industry is bigger than any other industry . .its the only sectors that unifies every other sector .
I'm a mechanical engineering in the uk with 16 years expirience but I wish I was a civil Engineer . A house bought for £350,000 in 2004 is now worth £1.6 m and you say real estate is not IT ? Seriously ? ?
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2017
Rainmaker69:

My brother, please respond to the post you quoted, I'm not a social media property consultant. I operate in the real world, we can connect and take it up from there.
I would like your candid response to the post you quoted.
I'm speaking from expirience . I have bought and sold houses in London . The profits are u.speakable .
The richest bankers earned thier money from real estate by buying up stocks and properties after the world wars . I have gone fru your post and I'm extremely suprised a person like you will say such in your initial post . Real estate is the way to go with the right business module .
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2017
phoenix480:
I dont think Rainmaker69 is disagreeing with real estate being a good investment (I may be wrong though).

I suspect he is only trying to highlight some of the challenges of owning properties in Nigeria, which people either convieniently ignore or genuinely do not know. You will also
agree that some of the challenges mentioned are peculiar to us here compared to Western Countries.

Yes true but I think it's the module you approach it with.this is the advantage people who live abroad have over home based business men . If I was a developer I will target land development ,reclaim and resale plus leasing . That's the three module I will approach the Nigerian market with . Over here in the UK your rent will pay the mortgage and after few years you can release the equity to re invest in another or improve the same one to increase the value .
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by phoenix480(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2017
@ erico2k2
I am aware of the Buy-to-Let market in the UK and the concept of releasing built-up Equity.
Unfortunately, these are almost non-existent here as our Housing market is not mature here. For example
Homeowners here via Mortagage route is less than 5%. The main reasons are the interest rates (around 20%) and you can only get mortgages in certain locations.

I would like to hear more on the land development, reclaim and resale plus leasing modules, let learners like me learn something - unless they are your trade secrets.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by SkenolProp(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2017
Check out my profile for the answer to your question Sir.
celestialAgent:
Why do I feel any amount less than 1m is not worth investing? Someone should enlighten me pls undecided

Would u call 200 - 500k a good amount to b invested in this Buhari era?
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
phoenix480:

Thank you very much for your intervention. You captured the essence of my comment. Real Estate is generally a safe investment but thats a very general rule. I'm not saying its not a good vehicle, I'm just saying that the general rule does not always apply generally. Apart from our land-use challenges in this part of the world, even the West has its share of property woes. You will recall the global economic crash caused by the massive failure of sub-prime mortgages.
Simply buying Real Estate to shore up money isn't a fool-proof investment strategy. There are so many distress property sales in Lagos and Abuja because its currently a Buyer's market. The industry is suffering from a liquidity crisis. If Agents even think you have a serious buyer, they will call you more than Christ Embassy Evangelism Unit. Even Banks have stopped lending to Developers unless the Developer can provide up to 70% of the total cost, subject to several factors.
I admire Ray Kroc's business model, the land he acquired was put to use by renting to McDonald's Franchisees. Real Estate should be developed- I digress.
Thank you Phoenix480.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by FIPS: 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
Are you a real estate developer, startup or already in business?
Do you want to network with likeminds and connect to more ideas, resources and opportunities in the real estate development industry?
Do you have interest in investing in genuine real estate deals from trusted bodies?
Then real estate DEVELOPERS NETWORK FORUM (REDN) is a place for you.
Its a well structured and disciplined platform for real estate developers and investors only. You'll have to go through two (2) stage of screening before being admitted into the main platform.

ABOUT REDN ...
REDN (real estate Developers Network) is a Non-Governmental, Non Political, and Non Religion Network of real estate developers, professionals and investors coming together to share ideas, opportunities, coaching, mentorship as well as vital developmental information in the real estate industry.

OBJECTIVES OF REDN FORUM
To create a strong network of real estate professionals for communications, interaction and information exchange with a culture of sharing and learning from one another.

To Promote and encourage co-operation among all enterprises dealing with and engaged in various aspects of real estate development.

To organize meetings, symposia, workshops, seminars and conferences on issues relating to real estate, building construction and allied activities.

To identify and strengthen real estate industry's role in the economic development of the country, acting as a catalyst in bringing about the growth, development and participate in the formulation of national policies and agenda for real estate development reforms.

To build, develop and inspire young real estate entrepreneurs nationally and globally to be fruitful and productive in business networking.

Click on the link below to join the awaiting room where you'll be brief on all that the platform entails and schedule for screening to determine if eligible to be a member.

https:///Du3CrWzvvrWKztcqu9BInV

Or

To Join real estate Developers Network Forum, text/Whatsapp the following to 08071479557

ADD ME
Name:
Phone number:
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Yes true but I think it's the module you approach it with.this is the advantage people who live abroad have over home based business men . If I was a developer I will target land development ,reclaim and resale plus leasing . That's the three module I will approach the Nigerian market with . Over here in the UK your rent will pay the mortgage and after few years you can release the equity to re invest in another or improve the same one to increase the value .

erico2k2, from an industry point of view, the Rent-2-Own Model can work when the beneficiaries buy to use as opposed to the practice of grabbing to hedge. There are many other factors that should be in place.
As Phoenix480 pointed out, there are several reasons why this policy may not be realizable en masse in Nigeria- weak regulatory systems, fluctuating interest rates, inflation, insecurity and so on. I have a close relation who buys, develops/remodels and sells. Although He is very wealthy by UK standards, he only works on one site at a time. He doesn't use his capital on more than one project at a time, for financial reasons.
I would like to learn some more about the business model that you propose, especially with respect to how we can use it here in Nigeria.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by phoenix480(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
Thr truth is the Real Estate market was badly hit during the last recession. There just were not a lot of liquidity causing massive Supply gluts.
It is really a buyer's market and it will not last forever.
Some of the discounts are really tantalizing smiley.

Btw, we are still waiting for the golden nuggets on your land development, reclaim and resale plus leasing modules.

Rainmaker69:

Thank you very much for your intervention. You captured the essence of my comment. Real Estate is generally a safe investment but thats a very general rule. I'm not saying its not a good vehicle, I'm just saying that the general rule does not always apply generally. Apart from our land-use challenges in this part of the world, even the West has its share of property woes. You will recall the global economic crash caused by the massive failure of sub-prime mortgages.
Simply buying Real Estate to shore up money isn't a fool-proof investment strategy. There are so many distress property sales in Lagos and Abuja because its currently a Buyer's market. The industry is suffering from a liquidity crisis. If Agents even think you have a serious buyer, they will call you more than Christ Embassy Evangelism Unit. Even Banks have stopped lending to Developers unless the Developer can provide up to 70% of the total cost, subject to several factors.
I admire Ray Kroc's business model, the land he acquired was put to use by renting to McDonald's Franchisees. Real Estate should be developed- I digress.
Thank you Phoenix480.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
erico2k2:

I'm speaking from expirience . I have bought and sold houses in London . The profits are u.speakable .
The richest bankers earned thier money from real estate by buying up stocks and properties after the world wars . I have gone fru your post and I'm extremely suprised a person like you will say such in your initial post . Real estate is the way to go with the right business module .

My brother, I didn't say Real Estate is not a good investment- that would be a hypocritical statement coming from someone with investments in the industry. What I meant is that Real Estate (especially in Nigeria) is a safe form of investment. As you know, safe doesn't mean best.
Lets take a look at the 20 richest people in the world (I don't mean them Dieziani oh, lol) and see how many of them are into real estate as a core business. You will find the list dominated by Tech, Retail and Hospitality. Real estate is developed and used for business.
Over here, we grab and hedge, waiting for the perfect time to sell and make a killing. That's because the majority of the people who buy Real Estate are not in the real estate business. Sadly, society cannot develop that way.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
phoenix480:
@ erico2k2
I am aware of the Buy-to-Let market in the UK and the concept of releasing built-up Equity.
Unfortunately, these are almost non-existent here as our Housing market is not mature here. For example
Homeowners here via Mortagage route is less than 5%. The main reasons are the interest rates (around 20%) and you can only get mortgages in certain locations.

I would like to hear more on the land development, reclaim and resale plus leasing modules, let learners like me learn something - unless they are your trade secrets.
Ok well there ain't no secrets . I'm at work atm . I'm off the wkend so I got time in the evening I'm on my mobile and I hate typing on my phone so padon me for short replies . When I get home I shall Xplain further .
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
phoenix480:
Thr truth is the Real Estate market was badly hit during the last recession. There just were not a lot of liquidity causing massive Supply gluts.
It is really a buyer's market and it will not last forever.
Some of the discounts are really tantalizing smiley.

Btw, we are still waiting for the golden nuggets on your land development, reclaim and resale plus leasing modules.

I think the real estate market hit was really bad because property prices were not determined by market forces but by Political exposure. The recession created a market stabilization but political forces are so strong that we aren't at equilibrium yet. Sadly, it really won't last forever.
Its so hard to pass over some of these distress sales, some really tantalizing deals.
I wish I could lay claim to authorship of the modules you referred to, alas, I am also in line to receive from erico2k2. I find there are many things to learn from how the West develops business models.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by dokunbam(m): 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
Boo info
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by phoenix480(m): 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
@ Rainmaker69
I humbly disagree with some of your comments (unless I misread them).
While some of the Top 20 richest people made their money in different sectors, the majority of them have invested heavily in Real Estate - which has increased their net worth over the years.

On the political forces, they are so strong and deeply embedded in the system, I doubt if there would be ever an Equilibrium any time soon.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by phoenix480(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
No worries.

We will buy notebooks before the weekend for our Tutorials cheesy

erico2k2:

Ok well there ain't no secrets . I'm at work atm . I'm off the wkend so I got time in the evening I'm on my mobile and I hate typing on my phone so padon me for short replies . When I get home I shall Xplain further .
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by BecomeALandLord(m): 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
adextetoo:
Really?

Which is wise to invest in Bitcoin or Real Estate? I need urgent answers!!

I has to be properties
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
phoenix480:
No worries.

We will buy notebooks before the weekend for our Tutorials cheesy

Haba lol I ain't no pro.I just taste the waters small but I know my limits lol but it's always a good idea to share knowledge . It'd a win win 4 all abi
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Rainmaker69:

I think the real estate market hit was really bad because property prices were not determined by market forces but by Political exposure. The recession created a market stabilization but political forces are so strong that we aren't at equilibrium yet. Sadly, it really won't last forever.
Its so hard to pass over some of these distress sales, some really tantalizing deals.
I wish I could lay claim to authorship of the modules you referred to, alas, I am also in line to receive from erico2k2. I find there are many things to learn from how the West develops business models.
Plz remind us of this in the evening . I can give an insight to what happened in the property hit . There was a secondary market the was the problem not property per say !
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
phoenix480:
@ Rainmaker69
I humbly disagree with some of your comments (unless I misread them).
While some of the Top 20 richest people made their money in different sectors, the majority of them have invested heavily in Real Estate - which has increased their net worth over the years.

On the political forces, they are so strong and deeply embedded in the system, I doubt if there would be ever an Equilibrium any time soon.

I acknowledge your point with regards to the heavy investment in Real Estate and I think we both agree on this. The point i was trying to make is that their investment in Real Estate is used to further their businesses. Examples like Walmart, Berkshire and Zara fit this model. Its based on the same concept that Ray Kroc used with the McDonald franchise. His real holdings formed a significant portion of his networth.
They don't just buy the real estate to resell or hedge the way we do here.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by nero50: 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
For your genuine Lands and investments in the south-east only contact Cyrank Global Services on 08126113868.

our services includes;
1.Verification of lands before purchase( consultancy).
2.Property safeguarding spanning to the period of development or sales and monthly report on the said property.
3.outsourcing of property purchase to Cyrank inform of guarantor.
4.consultants on land dispute.
5.buying and selling of lands.
6.Already existing Structured Property Management.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
are you guys asleep?
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Emimade: 5:05am On Sep 09, 2017
we can supply cashew nuts to you in large quantity. We supply to any part of Nigeria. Let us know if you are interested so we talk and commence supplies. Please call: 08030577335, for more informations. Thanks.
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by ArcToyin(m): 9:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
modelmike7:
It's all about the Money. May God give us many of it.
Amen
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 7:33am On Dec 14, 2017
67]=-[
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by priestemzy(m): 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
1 FESTAC TOWN (6th Avenue) N5M.
2. IBEJU LEKKI (lakowe golf course) N6M
3. MAGBON (Obele) N850k
4. SATELLITE TOWN (behind chevron estate) N6M
5. BOYSTOWN IPAJA (opp Gowon housing estate) N6M
6. FESTAC EXTENSION (Abule ado) N3M
7. BADAGRY (Aradagun) N2.5M
*All properties having Solid Documents*

Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by priestemzy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN TO INVEST IN THE BIG CITY OF FESTAC TOWN. WE CAN MAKE THAT DREAM A REALITY. WE ARE PERTINENCE GROUP, WE ARE PROUD OWNERS OF ABC AND VIP GARDENS.

Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
l[]]''
Re: 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria by mezeadichie: 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
The Grenadines Homes’, a member of Palton Morgan Holdings is dedicated to reinventing the concept of luxury living in Nigeria and beyond. Founded on the precept of integrity and uncompromising focus on quality over volume, The Grenadines lay down your unique home with utmost attention to details.

From the preliminary sketching concept, down to the ‘key turning’, we ensure every Grenadines Homes is aesthetically pleasing and functional.

With iconic architectural landmark estates in various locations within Abuja and Lagos, we deliver the best in real estate service and infrastructure in secured environment, with style that suit varying tastes and preferences.

Mission
We are a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing lives by delivering best in class real estate investment solutions that exceed the expectations of our stakeholders

Vision
To be Africa’s foremost company providing bespoke real estate investment solutions and unparalleled yield for all our customers

Core Values
G — GOD Factor | O — Outstanding | D — Dynamism

Here is our Business Address :

Head Office
11th floor, Churchgate Towers, PC 31 Churchgate Street Victoria Island Lagos – Nigeria
01-4535098
info@grenadineshomes.com

Abuja Office
Ojimadu Nwaeze House, 2nd Floor, Right Wing, Plot 229, Cadastral Zone B5, Solomon Lar Way, Utako District, Abuja
09-2916535
info@grenadineshomes.com

Here is link to our official website : https://grenadineshomes.com/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? / For Your Exotic Interior And Exterior Architectural Designs / Multi-level Building Owners To Submit Insurance Certificates In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.