Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (9401 Views)

My First Miracle After I Received The Holy Spirit / Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 1:50am On Sep 11, 2017
Get what God is saying about your thread

Pray for labourers, I think that's the best we can offer the world. Spirited labourers

The harvest is plentious and the God kind of labourers are not the labourers we think.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:05am On Sep 11, 2017
I believe the folks that viewed, just were not bold enough to stand the persecution. An average thread has about 12,034 views and a dumber thread has more views than a Christian thread. Unless, its to criticize, they are very forward to that. But don't cave in bro, by the way, the bests of Christians are not in NL, 0.031 percent of the Nigerian serious minded Christians are not on NL. Looooool. see, I love my freedom, but we need to call to remembrance, the word of our Lord, how He said as He did in Gestemani. Pray
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:07am On Sep 11, 2017
Many God strengthen you with knowledge to know what the Spirit wants for the disciples and giving it to them. Shalom
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 11, 2017
I really like this question cause it causes one to be self-introspective.
The Holy Spirit is supposed to convict of sin and lead towards repentance, encourage, and guide the follower of Christ in this life.
So I truly believe that He has made me much more sensitive to His guidance in my life.
The Holy Spirit is the one...through God's Word, that alerts me when I'm going in a wrong direction or making unwise choices in companions or what my specific calling in life is.
Or even simpler things such as calling someone, visiting someone or something.
It's truly crucial for the Holy Spirit to be active in one's life...and for one to respond.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:30am On Sep 11, 2017
Kellydgreat:
Wait let me check if I have recieved the holy spirit. smiley

Sorry ma, I think you should change church, of course I know you will find it ridiculia, but I speak Gods word and you being depends on it
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:32am On Sep 11, 2017
translux:
Everything has changed for good
What things, am not here to persecute
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:33am On Sep 11, 2017
Emily22:
Nothing.. Just nothing
can we talk when you less busy.thanks
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:35am On Sep 11, 2017
darnley16:
indoctrinated minds everywhere, they only run to Christ when they feel they've failed in life and believing Christ loves them gives them this sense of well being,God is not even a name but a Title , Jesus wasn't the messiahs name if he did exist as J was only added to the English alphabet 400years ago , I wonder this 'Jesus' who responds and changes you when you don't even know his name
Are you still a Christian
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:36am On Sep 11, 2017
benosky:
Hmm
can we have a chat pls
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:38am On Sep 11, 2017
zedman1:
I don't know what the holy spirit is anymore, one minute a guy does something in the name of the spirit, the other moment he does something absolutely contrary cos he was guided by thesame spirit. Abeg this spirit thing now na joke? it's the the reason I'm high this morning by the spirit! - the white one in a bottle. pls if u don't understand try the beer.

When you less busy, we get talk abeg, unto Christianity, if you have any question, feel free to ask
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:50am On Sep 11, 2017
claremont:
Use your 'gift' for the betterment of Nigeria. A fantastically religious country, but yet, one of the most fantastically corrupt countries in the world. I think there has to be a point in time in the near future when courageous Nigerians need to declare that religion is as problematic to Nigeria as corruption is. The most religious people in Nigeria are also the most corrupt. Poverty is m pervasive amongst the so-called working-class that they use religion to 'subsidize' and rationalize
Religion has made Nigerians cowards in their own skin.
In other countries, when their citizens are tpushed to the wall, their citizens rebel either via the ballot box or via citizen unrest. In Nigeria, when the average Nigerian is pushed to the wall, he/she will grab hold of the nearest shovel and burrow deeper into the wall because 'it is well'.

Sir, get your point, view my thread, it answers your question,

About Nigeria being corrupt, that doesn't have to do with Christianity. As a pastor or world health organization, you can preach or warn people about the right thing or smokers die young but they have a role to play, we warn, no enforcement. Nigeria can warn against smuggling and preach smuggling is bad to the economy, this one, that one, but the moment there are no custom officers, tell me, considering the past recession, who would adhere. Yea, my thread..

www.nairaland.com/4033983/christianity-meant-make-less-smarter
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:56am On Sep 11, 2017
Truflame:
We can only receive the Power of the Holy Spirit, not the Holy Spirit Himself.

And you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.

Power comes when after the Holy Spirit comes
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 2:57am On Sep 11, 2017
You receive Him just as you use Christ, see, this is a spiritual thing, you don't count with respect to number those the Holy Spirit has the potential to dwell in. Romans 8:11..

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
cc Truflame
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 3:09am On Sep 11, 2017
UncleRichy:
seriously bro.... you don't chat again ??

wetin concern holy spirit and chatting... ??

Its a distraction when it controls you. God wants us not to be bond Gal5:1

Moreover, things like that prevents us from spending time with God
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Didov1(f): 6:31am On Sep 11, 2017
Hier:
Ops, I believe if you are sensitive enough, you will see the need to spend time in intercession
hmmmnnn.....intercession,..praying for people right
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 6:38am On Sep 11, 2017
Didov1:
hmmmnnn.....intercession,..praying for people right

1 Tim 2:1-8, Col 1:9
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by darnley16(m): 8:29am On Sep 11, 2017
Hier:

Are you still a Christian
no thank you
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2017
darnley16:
no thank you
I want to help in case you have doubts
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by darnley16(m): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2017
Hier:

I want to help in case you have doubts
Doubt 1 : Mt24: 34 I tell you this generation shall not pass away before the return of the son of man
doubt 2 , : Were there no other boats in the world during the Noah's Flood?
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by ponti93(m): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

YES
lol... Are u a programmer grin
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by GoodMuyis(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2017
ponti93:
lol... Are u a programmer grin

function checkProgSkills(goodmuyis) {
if(!goodmuyis = programmer ) {
throw new Exception( "goodmuyis must delete his account" ) ;
}
return true;
}
try {
print " Are u a programmer? ". checkProgSkills() . "\n";
}

DO I answer your question?
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Didov1(f): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hier:

1 Tim 2:1-8, Col 1:9
okay..

1 Like

Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by donnie(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
Bad Habits ...BROKEN
Sickness ...GONE
Fear...GONE
Lack... GONE

My eyes have opened to see my future is bright ...hallelujah!!!!!!
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by ponti93(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

DO I answer your question?
grin cheesy
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Kellydgreat(f): 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hier:

Sorry ma, I think you should change church, of course I know you will find it ridiculia, but I speak Gods word and you being depends on it

I dont understand one tiny bit of what u are saying.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by lastmessenger: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
Shalomdee:

No problem sister I will share on this platform. The Holy Spirit witnessed to my heart in 2015 that despite all I have heard about these things being wrong for a female will I not stop them? I knew it was His voice so I made up my mind to do something about it, before that time I normally oppose any teaching that discourages these women apparel. Bit by bit I started leaving the things and when I did so I had more peace because I was receiving revelations that I was on the right step. It's been almost three years since I stopped and I am very glad I did.
Also when you read 1Tim 2:9 it explains it
so you now visit barbing saloon like boys? You hubby must be a very good,understanding and patient man.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by segunojo866: 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
The moment i encountered the imaginary Holy Spirit i almost died several times and was taken to the mental hospital for rehabilitation. The God there is no God.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by zedman1(m): 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hier:

When you less busy, we get talk abeg, unto Christianity, if you have any question, feel free to ask
Less busy? To drink na work? Instead pray for my battery life. See ba, before you start, I wasn't trying to criticise Christianity, no. Look well em, read my post again em, you'll know that even in that state of mind I was emphasizing on the misuse of the term "Christianity" by some of us these days. Meanwhile wetin be de gist wey you don gather put together to release?
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by darnley16(m): 11:59pm On Sep 13, 2017
darnley16:
Doubt 1 : Mt24: 34 I tell you this generation shall not pass away before the return of the son of man
doubt 2 , : Were there no other boats in the world during the Noah's Flood?
still waiting for you to clear my doubt
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2017
Kellydgreat:

I dont understand one tiny bit of what u are saying.

Jesus loves you and wants you to have a personal relationship with Him.

What do you say, kindly view my thread, thank me later

www.nairaland.com/4046300/let-little-light-get-brighter

www.nairaland.com/4048343/best-test-attending-wrong-church
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by joff2(m): 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2017
Defcon1:

Please, can you share how you encountered the holy spirit, the things you felt inside you that convinced you it was the spirit at work.
I really want to be like the new you.
Thanks.

When you become a born again you automatically receive the Holy Spirit! As you draw closer to God (renewal of mind) you begin to experience more manifestation of the Holy spirit. This manifestation becomes greater the more devout and dedicated you get!

When I got closer to God, I started experiencing things I've never felt before (knowing things that were just too much of a confidence). All of a sudden, I was much more courageous.

All my life I've been careful when speaking about the Holy spirit (Because blasphemy against the Spirit is unforgivable) but over the past events, I've been so convinced it is well.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by joff2(m): 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2017
mrphysics:

I expected to see some of your sins you have stopped.

Hahaha! Sin still comes occasionally but the Holy Spirit will prompt you immediately to confess it and ask for forgiveness! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Black Women With Big Boobs / "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.