Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop (4585 Views)

Nigerians Will Soon Commend Jonathan For His Sincerity Of Purpose In Gov–dokpesi / Most Dangerous Special Forces Of The World. See How Your Country’s Army Looks !! / In Ghana: 200 Nigerians will spend Yuletide in jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 3:55am On Mar 02, 2010
The life expectancy at birth of the world is 67.2 years (65.0 years for males and 69.5 years for females) for 2005-2010 according to United Nations World Population Prospects 2006 Revision and 66.57 years (64.52 years for males and 68.76 years for females) for 2009 according to CIA World Factbook 2009.

Many of the countries with the lowest life expectancies, namely Swaziland, Botswana, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, the Central African Republic, Mozambique, and Guinea-Bissau, are suffering from very high rates of HIV/AIDS infection, with adult prevalence rates ranging from 10 to 38.8 percent [3]. Also note that in countries with high infant mortality rates, the life expectancy at birth will be lower and may not reflect the life expectancy a person who has survived his or her first year of life would have.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by oyinda3(f): 4:11am On Mar 02, 2010
MandingoII:

The life expectancy at birth of the world is 67.2 years (65.0 years for males and 69.5 years for females) for 2005-2010 according to United Nations World Population Prospects 2006 Revision and 66.57 years (64.52 years for males and 68.76 years for females) for 2009 according to CIA World Factbook 2009.

Many of the countries with the lowest life expectancies, namely Swaziland, Botswana, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, the Central African Republic, Mozambique, and Guinea-Bissau, are suffering from very high rates of HIV/AIDS infection, with adult prevalence rates ranging from 10 to 38.8 percent [3]. Also note that in countries with high infant mortality rates, the life expectancy at birth will be lower and may not reflect the life expectancy a person who has survived his or her first year of life would have.

yea having HIV/AIDS epidemic lowers the expectancy rates even more.
imagine us with 46yrs. with high HIV/AIDS rate, that will drop even more.
but i 100% definitely agree with the last sentence. life expectancy rate is very influenced by infant mortality rates.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 4:14am On Mar 02, 2010
It' really because of eating and shittin in the same place. too many diseases to take ya'll out.

your waste disposal system is killin your people.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by oyinda3(f): 8:00am On Mar 02, 2010
fault of people or fault of government? or both?
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by EzeUche(m): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2010
Deleted
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by oyinda3(f): 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2010
EzeUche:

Nigerians in America are out-performing any minority. Most of the Nigerians who live in America are engineers, doctors, lawyers and educators. The reason I say this is, because it takes a lot of money for people to come to America, and only the most educated and the wealthiest of Africans can come to the U.S. unless they are a refugee.

Akatas are jealous of immigrants. It doesn't matter if they are Nigerian, Chinese, Korean or even Mexican. We are just outperforming them in every way.

Just look at the universities and you will find that most of the blacks in the schools in the U.S. are not akatas, but Nigerians or Ethiopians.

um.  DV lottery? tongue
yea i agree that the africans who immigrate to US are typically upper middle class. but there are some poorer ones that also come through DV lottery & sponsorship. if u kno someone here, they can  sponsor u if your less well off. happens all the time.
The wealthiest africans (politicians &wife etc  shocked) don't usually stay in US. they just come to vacation for summer n stuff like that. or being their kids to study yea  your right on that part i guess. lol

i see more ghanian professionals and scholars nowadays than nigerian. that's a shame on us considering ghana is such a small country in size. maybe just my area.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2010
Nigerians in America are out-performing any minority. Most of the Nigerians who live in America are engineers, doctors, lawyers and educators. The reason I say this is, because it takes a lot of money for people to come to America, and only the most educated and the wealthiest of Africans can come to the U.S. unless they are a refugee.

Akatas are jealous of immigrants. It doesn't matter if they are Nigerian, Chinese, Korean or even Mexican. We are just outperforming them in every way.

Just look at the universities and you will find that most of the blacks in the schools in the U.S. are not akatas, but Nigerians or Ethiopians.

If I came from the land of shi.t and piss I'd outperform the local masses in the land of milk and honey too. shocked

But lets get something straight.

Most Nigerians in America are STRUGGLING AND STARVING lower-economic working class lots.

somebody sold you a bill of bullsh.it.

I'm here with the Nigerians, They are FAILING in school, dropping out of school because of a lack of money - under-employed - unemployed - and in the same shape as poor people in America.

AND

They do not qualify for governmental help.

Open your eyes.

Stop believing old tales of Nigerian success.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by strangleyo: 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2010
After reading this whole thread: the answer to the original question in short is: NO

In a longer answer format: assuming certain variables are adjusted, there is a chance.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by EzeUche(m): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2010
Deleted
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by tomilay: 11:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
We all brothers and sisters.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by cap28: 12:52am On Mar 03, 2010
MandingoII:

Nigerians in America are largely passive people that live for material gain (my perspective). Because of the current economy - they hurting like hell. AND they need to STOP comparing themselves to Blacks. It would be like me moving to Nigeria getting a high ranking job with that bleeped up corrupt so-called Governmental system you people have there and LOOK DOWN ON 98% of the populace.

Then again, Nigerians wants to be the new House Nigga.

Anything to get out of that hell hole called Africa.

Mandingo i hear what you say and there is a lot of truth in what you say even though your points are put across with in a very vitriolic manner , however i will not deny the truth when i see it, i grew up in the UK and Nigeria and i have the advantage of seeing the world from two different angles, i find it frustrating when i debate issues with my people on this board, nigerians do not see progress from a collective perspective we are only interested in individual advancement and this is what will keep us from getting anywhere,  i have stated time and time again that success is not measured on an individual basis but on a collective basis, the reason the british are respected all over the world is not because one or two of them happened to become doctors or lawyers but because of what they acheived as a nation, and because of this wherever they go in the world they are accorded respect, with nigerians it is a diffferent story every where we go in the world we have to prove ourselves as individuals before we are accorded an iota of respect or recognition this is because we have not acheived anything collectively as a nation.  therefore to revel in the idea that you are something special because you are a harvard or yale graduate is meaningless if you are still having to fight to be accorded the respect that nationals of countries like japan, china, britain are granted automatically.

you have to laugh at people like the poster on here who was bragging about how great his family is doing because they went to ivy league universites etc etc, i for one would not send any of my children to an ivy league college because these places alienate black people from their true identity , many blacks who attend these institutions come out suffering from severe identity crisis as they have acquired a eurocentric outlook on life which is it at odds with their african identity, they start to harbour deep feelings of self hatred and this tends to manifest itself in a number of ways- they refuse to associate with their own people and regard with contempt everything that reminds them of who they are. 

many cut off ties to their own families because they are now ashamed of their blackness, remember that these elite institutions are really finishing schools which teach manners, deportment and communication skills from a eurocentric perspective, therefore in order to succeed in such an environment you must cast off any aspect of your previous identity particularly if it is black.

the problem with blacks who go through this system is that they are in a catch 22 situation because unlike their white counterparts sooner or later they get a wake up call that reminds them that despite their fancy manners, education and way of speaking they are still regarded as N*******to the white man and therefore second class citizens (remember harvard professor henry gates) it is at this stage that despair sets in as these people realise that they now have to live in a twilight zone as they cant identify with their black peers neither can they fully integrate into the white world because of how they look.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/07/harvard.html

these type of black people chose to look at the world through a "white lens" ie the way white people see the world because it suits them -  they are usually used by whites in order to prove that racism does not exist - a few names come to mind- condoleeza rice, colin powell, juan williams (of fox news) susan rice,

http://abagond./2009/11/13/the-white-lens/
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 2:08am On Mar 03, 2010
[s]Little boy, I am living proof of sucess in America. My parents took my brothers and I to America with them and they are thriving. My father is a professor at a university in Virginia and my mother is a doctor. They are doing well, while one of my older brothers is an investment banker for a Wallstreet firm and my other brother is a partner at a legal defense firm.

And I am at a top university in Washington D.C. Go to any university and you will see Nigerians doing better than any of their black counterparts.

Go to any Ivy-league institution and you will see more Nigerians than any of you akatas.

Stop with your hating akata, and embrace that we Nigerians are superior to you in every way. [/s]

silly tribalistic B.tch!

This thread is NOT ABOUT African Americans - We BUILT, AND FOUGHT FOR CHANGE in this country of which you AND your so-called family OWE your current livelihood.   The would not OFFER a Visa to Africans before the 1970's.  WE the African American challenged the STATE DEPARTMENT to allow your dirty ungrateful behind in this country.  So don't come here trying to compare a few successful Nigerians to the entire Black Community.

We have over 100 Colleges.  et.al.  I do not need to tell you or show you Black success.  you live in Washington D.C. - A ghetto behind Aids infested City.

The successful people live outside of D.C. in gated communities.  You another bum backside Nigerian mad because you cannot get PRIVILEGES the very people you are jealous of can.

Besides,
This thread is about WHY THE COUNTRY YOU LEFT cannot develop.

so

Answer the Question.

Why can't Nigeria develop?
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 2:17am On Mar 03, 2010
Mandingo i hear what you say and there is a lot of truth in what you say even though your points are put across with in a very vitriolic manner , however i will not deny the truth when i see it, i grew up in the UK and Nigeria and i have the advantage of seeing the world from two different angles, i find it frustrating when i debate issues with my people on this board, nigerians do not see progress from a collective perspective we are only interested in individual advancement and this is what will keep us from getting anywhere,  i have stated time and time again that success is not measured on an individual basis but on a collective basis, the reason the british are respected all over the world is not because one or two of them happened to become doctors or lawyers but because of what they acheived as a nation, and because of this wherever they go in the world they are accorded respect, with nigerians it is a diffferent story every where we go in the world we have to prove ourselves as individuals before we are accorded an iota of respect or recognition this is because we have not acheived anything collectively as a nation.  therefore to revel in the idea that you are something special because you are a harvard or yale graduate is meaningless if you are still having to fight to be accorded the respect that nationals of countries like japan, china, britain are granted automatically.

you have to laugh at people like the poster on here who was bragging about how great his family is doing because they went to ivy league universites etc etc, i for one would not send any of my children to an ivy league college because these places alienate black people from their true identity , many blacks who attend these institutions come out suffering from severe identity crisis as they have acquired a eurocentric outlook on life which is it at odds with their african identity, they start to harbour deep feelings of self hatred and this tends to manifest itself in a number of ways- they refuse to associate with their own people and regard with contempt everything that reminds them of who they are.

many cut off ties to their own families because they are now ashamed of their blackness, remember that these elite institutions are really finishing schools which teach manners, deportment and communication skills from a eurocentric perspective, therefore in order to succeed in such an environment you must cast off any aspect of your previous identity particularly if it is black.

the problem with blacks who go through this system is that they are in a catch 22 situation because unlike their white counterparts sooner or later they get a wake up call that reminds them that despite their fancy manners, education and way of speaking they are still regarded as N*******to the white man and therefore second class citizens (remember harvard professor henry gates) it is at this stage that despair sets in as these people realise that they now have to live in a twilight zone as they cant identify with their black peers neither can they fully integrate into the white world because of how they look.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/07/harvard.html

these type of black people chose to look at the world through a "white lens" ie the way white people see the world because it suits them -  they are usually used by whites in order to prove that racism does not exist - a few names come to mind- condoleeza rice, colin powell, juan williams (of fox news) susan rice,

http://abagond./2009/11/13/the-white-lens/

Precisely, As long as they exault White Dominance and relegate themselves as subordinates to white culture they are the good HOUSE NIGGA.

If they seek advancement - they are seen as contemptable.

The same can be said for blacks that play in the Collegated level under coaches.  As long as they allow the White Coach to be the father they are cool.

As soon as they buck his authority and declare he's nothing but a shot caller they are considered renegades.

Nigerians in America LIVE to be HOUSE NIGGERS.  They will sell their soul, their mamma, daddy, and tribe for a coin.

Blacks in America knows the drill. We go to work and leave that honky where he's at, Depressed and repressed. We are not trying to be HIM.

We want to be OURSELVES. BLACK AMERICANS!
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by CrudeOil2(m): 11:18am On Mar 03, 2010
Would Nigeria ever develop?
Of course not, even in the next fifty years!
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by oyinda3(f): 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
EzeUche:

Little boy, I am living proof of sucess in America. My parents took my brothers and I to America with them and they are thriving. My father is a professor at a university in Virginia and my mother is a doctor. They are doing well, while one of my older brothers is an investment banker for a Wallstreet firm and my other brother is a partner at a legal defense firm.
And I am at a top university in Washington D.C.

shocked shocked wow very fortunate child u r.
majority of nigerian immigrants don't have that privilege though and live through more modest means. to be realistic.

btw is osisi ur mom? lol j/k tongue
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
Shocked Shocked wow very fortunate child u r.
majority of nigerian immigrants don't have that privilege though and live through more modest means. to be realistic.

btw is osisi your mom? lol j/k Tongue

I bet his mother is fat & Ugly.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Ikengawo: 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2010
Mandingo

whats the difference between a black american and a white american?

you guys have the same language, same clothing, same religion, same culture, same views, same traditions, same heroes, same country, same neighborhoods (only black american tend to be poorer cause they're lazier)

there's literally no difference except the hue of skin. in reality black americans have essentially become white ppl. They have nothing to do with africa or anything black, they're just white ppl that white ppl don't like.

Nigerians are not in the business of hating anyone, or treating anyone a certain way at work cause they are a different skin color. It's not in our nature and we dont care. We're in america to get money, period, and we get it.

but like i said, we're still doing better then you guys in america, in fact EVERY SINGLE NATIONALITY AND RACE is doing better then black americans.
hispanics, asians, arabs, africans, whites

i just dont feel your in position to brag based on your 'people'.
maybe you can say america is better then nigeria, but black americans better then nigerians? lol come ooon man, most of you dont even have family talkless of anything else.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
[size=16pt]The TRUTH About Nigeria, [/size]

[b] millions of Nigerian are plagued by troubling poverty and disease, mass unemployment of its able youth who have now become so helpless that young ladies have turned to selling their bodies both in Nigeria and abroad, whilst young men and women who cannot go into armed robbery or other criminal behaviour for survival are forced to find any means to leave the shores of Nigeria- many dying in the Sahara deserts and the ones who manage to get to Libya and Morocco die in ramshackle boats they use in trying to cross the sea unto Canary Island, Spain and Italy- all in desperation to seek a means of surviving the hell that the political elites have turned Nigeria into. And this happening 9 years after democracy was supposed to have taken root and the massive petro-dollar wealth that has accrued to the country in the last 8 years. The people have nothing to show for it. Education is in tartars; Health and health facilities are in shambles; Roads are death traps as thousands of Nigerians are killed and maimed yearly in Road traffic accidents occasioned by lack of road maintenance. Yet a tiny minority of its political elite, current and recent past, wallow in shameless stolen riches and flaunt extravagance to the very face of the Nigerian people they have stolen blind.

Once you get the foundation wrong, as Nigeria has done, you don't get no development of any sort. You can sleep and dream as much as you like but all you will get is blurred vision, whether 2010 or 2020! The only way for Nigeria will always be one-way ticket to backwardness. Never mind dubious Nigerian politicians telling you they are in politics to "move Nigeria forward" whatever that means![/b]

##################################################

good for you , you got out, But ya still on a Visa and ya still gotta go when you flunk outta school.

no priviledges for you, illegal immigrant
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
[size=18pt]Nigerians Like you are haters.[/size] 

you come from a backwards nation and know it - thus you HATE prospering AA's.

and to think other AA's be playa hating on each other. Huh

Nothing like a hating azz nigerian.

and another thing - WE GOT and HAVE upstanding leaders DOING THE RIGHT THING

IN CONGRESS
IN THE SENATE
IN THE GOVERNMENT
IN THE STATE GOVERNMENT
IN THE CHURCHS
IN THE SCHOOLS
IN EVERY ASPECT OF AMERICAN LIFE, and the WHITEMAN and the AFRICANMAN wanna hate.

Kick Rocks, we been surviving in this unpleasant place and we will continue striving.

Why do you think LINES ARE LONG in Elke Cresent?

Because they seen YT make it or Blacks makeing it?

While you TALKING SH.T!

What are you doing to give Nigeria clean drinking water?
What are you doing to stop the Political corruption
What are you doing to raise infant mortality
What are you doing to help dirt-eating Nigerians find food
What are you doing to clean up that Sh_it and P_iss in the street
What are you doing to stem HIV-AIDS in your country?
What are you doing to Stop Femal mutilation in your country
What are you doing BESIDES sittin on this bish ALL TALK and no ACTION

you just another Fake azz materalistic Nigerian in America thinking you the sh.t living a working class lifestyle in a studio apartment, Fronting like you a high roller knowing you are less than average.

bum azz Igbo  nigga - That's why the Hausa kick ya'll azz and the yourba's looked on and cheered. angry
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by 006(m): 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2010
Nigeria will develop but it will take 500 years.
One remedy is to have autonomous regions that can develop at their own pace.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by cap28: 12:05am On Mar 04, 2010
@mandingo we have had progressive people who have tried to steer the country in the right direction but many have never been allowed to get anywhere near the corridors of power, the link below gives you some background info about murtala muhammed who is probably the only progressive leader we have had since independence - he was assasinated by the CIA in 1976 because of his anti apartheid stance and his pan africanist views  - he was replaced with a puppet by the name of Obasanjo who is still involved in nigerian politics to date albeit from behind the scenes, Obasanjo and some other traitors have hijacked our economy and they are running the country into the ground under instructions from washington and london.

http://www.dawodu.com/cia1.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PvxEgeGRRA

a couple of weeks ago one of your african american turncoats (jonnie carson - assistant secretary of state for african affairs was  sent to meet with an ex dictator Babangida urging him to run for the next presidential elections in 2011.  Babangida will go down in nigerian history as one of the worst dictators nigeria has ever had - he is also a CIA stooge - this man has over $7billion stashed away in ONE BANK ACCOUNT ALONE these people are responsible for singlehandedly condemning future generations of nigerians to slavery.

africa has had great revolutionary leaders but they have all been murdered by saboteurs  in cahoots with foreign govts/intelligence agencies:

Patrice Lumumba - replaced by CIA stooge Mobutu Seseko (backed and armed by the US govt for 35 years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTnNS-Ty4rU

Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana - overthrown in a military coup d'etat orchestrated by the CIA and replaced with US puppet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6w8m0DK3hc&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmYQbV08oXg&feature=related

Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso  - assassinated by french backed coup - replaced by french puppet - Blaise
Campaore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VftR9vOn8xE
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 12:42am On Mar 04, 2010
I see.

So why are your Nigerians Brothers still Dying to live the White man's dream INSTEAD of a Nigerian Dream of a healthy country?

All I hear from Nigerians is negative about Nigeria and how they want to get out and then when they get out all they do is Brag about a life they are not living?

Sounds like some psychological sickness to me.

Black people here in the states don't like to take sh.t from whitefolks anymore.  We come together and get shi.t done.

We are NOT a passive lot.

(which is why the media like to portray us as baboons around the globe for dienging to be equal)

Like I said before and I will say again.

It is the young educated masses in your country that will lead your country out of its chaos.  It was young Black College students that Brought AMerica to its knees with Civil Rights protest.  The older black people called them troublemakers for daring to want more NOW!

However, Nigeria's educated youths look down upon its people and will not lift a finger to help them.

Therefore, it will have to be the poor people of Nigeria to wake up and risk their lives for a better future.  I don't understand why poor people are not willing to risk their lives.

They already don't have sh.t.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Eddeux(m): 12:56am On Mar 04, 2010
you know this very well. Any major suburb you drive through more then half of the blacks living there will be african, and almost all of them nigerian.
Thanks for the laugh  grin

the lowest a nigerian will be working in america is janitorial work or taxi driving, cool, but a black american doing this has already out achieved most of his peers.

lmao, then how do we, black americans, in all have a purcashing power of over $700 billion bucks. If you moved all 40 million of us back to Africa we'd have Africa's largest economy and be Africa's wealthiest people BY FAR. and by 2012 that number may be at $1.2 trillion **note this story was made like in '08, so I imagine the numbers are higher now** http://www.prlog.org/10077453-new-report-forecasts-african-american-buying-power-to-hit-1-1-trillion-by-2012.html
to top it off were still the most educated and well off minority in the united states, its a fact. So you can say as you wish but the facts are in front of you.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5791096.html
Yes lets applaud the Nigerians, and forget the rest of the other Africans in America as well. I can acknowledge African immigrants have the highest graduation rates, but that's only cause most Americans don't take education seriously anymore, we take what we have in this country for granted.

out of every 100 black americans 10 will grow to be reasonable human beings and all of them will marry a white woman cause they dont want their kids to have black skin.
and I'm guessing that number is much lower for Nigerians STILL in Nigeria?  undecided

idk, you just can't win this argument, we're clearly better then you
yet Nigeria is still not developed.

also, black americans have been given a chance to create and run their own country, it's called Liberia, a country that wouldn't exist today if Nigeria wasn't spoon feeding it, do the research. It's also the love-peddler and drug user capital of africa.
and guess who is spoon-feeding Nigeria? U.S. and other internationa oil companies that account for most of the money your government makes.

I asked a simple, honest question yet you choose to ignore it and bash black americans. You just keep doing that, but the fact remains Nigeria can stall for years or decades to come, but we'll just get wealthier and wealthier.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by oyinda3(f): 1:13am On Mar 04, 2010
since we nigerians can't answer ur question, i'll pose one to u:

African Americans, when will you people move forward?

Eddeux, maybe u can answer that question. America is a very rich country. we know that. but we also know that AA are still some of the most disadvantaged. when will that you move out of it?

like they say, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Eddeux(m): 1:14am On Mar 04, 2010
@mandingo/eddeux here are some questions for both of you, instead of asking the question  "when will  nigeria develop" perhaps you could try asking your US govt the  following questions:

when will the US abandon its practise of destabilising sovereign countries by sponsoring death squads and militia groups to overthrow democratically elected govts as it has done in nicaragua, chile, argentina, indonesia, iraq, phillipines, panama, zaire, sudan, haiti, nigeria,  guatemala and many more too numerous to mention

Why blame us? The people of any sovereign nation should be strong enough to keep their government entact even if militias rise up.

when will it stop imposing corrupt kleptocrat illiterate dictators on countries that it has economic interests in  so that it can indirectly control the economies of those countries through these puppets ie  nigeria, zaire, indonesia, chile, haiti, ecuador,

wait, isn't China running arond Africa as we speak scrambling up oil reserves?

why does the US allow the IMF and world bank impose harsh austerity measures in african countries  which cause mass unemployment, poverty, death and despair when its own country's  national debt currently stands at USD$12 trillion dollars and its own economy is built on a giant ponzi scheme with the vast majority of its citizens living on credit.
If our economy is mounted on a giant ponzi scheme then what does that make the economy of Nigeria built on? OIL, and imagine it'll come tumbling down once our leaders get some sense and stop giving the oil companies what they want. Besides, over 16% of our GDP is based on manufacturing, which is around $5 trillion bucks, and the service sector makes up the rest, and yes money is generated from providing services, and if you go by GNP then we produce even more than $14 trillion in goods and services. That 5 trillion is still lightyears ahead of Nigeria's gdp. though I can sympathise w/ you that the IMF and of course the world has a negative stereotype of Africa as just a land of poor people governed by corrupt governments

why has the US govt continued to outsource almost the whole of its manufacturing industry abroad to countries where labour is cheap such as haiti, indonesia, china, mexico where they can get away with paying people 15 cents a day as they were doing in haiti?
that isn't the U.s. govt, it's our corporations who are satin reborn. and besides, Nigeria's economy needs to gear towards manufacturing more as well. Boy imagine how much wealth would be generated if your country was capable of actually manufacturing the generators it imports.

when will it abandon its practice of selling billions of dollars worth of arms to puppet govts that it has helped install in order to guarantee themselves an unending supply of cheap natural resources at the expense of the indigenous people of those countries.
hopefully soon, or maybe when developing countries rise and get tired of the BS we've been giving them. but till then, don't count on it.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Eddeux(m): 1:17am On Mar 04, 2010
since we nigerians can't answer your question, i'll pose one to u:
African Americans, when will you people move forward?
Eddeux, maybe u can answer that question. America is a very rich country. we know that. but we also know that AA are still some of the most disadvantaged. when will that you move out of it?
like they say, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

when we see fathers not abandoning their kids, because as you know fatherless children usually only have gangs, criminals, and other bad people to look up to. Also when America starts paying more attention to its poor folks. Not saying we're the only ones, we have plenty of poor people in all races/ethnic groups in America, but in this country it is everyone for themself. I always said that black americans could learn some cultural (family) values from Africans while we could teach them business.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by oyinda3(f): 1:28am On Mar 04, 2010
Eddeux:

when we see fathers not abandoning their kids, because as you know fatherless children usually only have gangs, criminals, and other bad people to look up to. Also when America starts paying more attention to its poor folks. Not saying we're the only ones, we have plenty of poor people in all races/ethnic groups in America, but in this country it is everyone for themself. I always said that black americans could learn some cultural (family) values from Africans while we could teach them business.

i agree with u.

for nigeria,
it is when we get more responsible leaders and transparency in our government as well as favorable international partnership.
but I can't say when and when these will happen. just that i know that it will eventually happen. probably not in my lifetime.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by cap28: 1:43am On Mar 04, 2010
MandingoII:

I see.

So why are your Nigerians Brothers still Dying to live the White man's dream INSTEAD of a Nigerian Dream of a healthy country?

because the average nigerian is selfish greedy and has no sense of nationalistic pride

All I hear from Nigerians is negative about Nigeria and how they want to get out and then when they get out all they do is Brag about a life they are not living?

Sounds like some psychological sickness to me.

Black people here in the states don't like to take sh.t from whitefolks anymore.  We come together and get shi.t done.

We are NOT a passive lot.

i agree that african americans have a lot to be proud of in terms of how courageously they fought to try and overturn the white supremacist power structure, however COINTELPRO crushed all meaningful forms of dissent posed by the  african american community in the 1960's and 70s, i have researched extensively the activities of J Edgar Hoover the former head of the FBI  who was responsible for neutralising the black panther movement and other black militant groups.

in my view many black leaders who were seen as a threat to the white power structure were either murdered or incarcerated -

H Rap Brown - a very eloquent and articulate individual who is now serving life on trumped up charges of murder

mumia abu jamal - outstanding social critic and campaigner  - formerly placed on death row on what many suspect were trumped up charges, but now serving life

Malcolm X - assassinated by the FBI

Martin Luther King - assassinated by the FBI

Stokely Carmichael - fled to africa to avoid being killed by the FBI  - died in exile in africa

Huey Newton - murdered by FBI informant

Geronimo Pratt - Black panther member - jailed for 27 years on trumped up charges

the list goes on.

ever since the most militant african americans were "neutralised" they have been replaced with what i like to refer to as establishment approved black leaders - they are funded and controlled by the white establishment and they pose no threat to the status quo.

also since the introduction of crack cocaine into black neighbourhoods during the reagan administrtion by the CIA more and more black men have been incarcerated, further removing any potential threats to the white supremacist structure.

these days i dont think there are any real black leaders in america that challenge the status quo of white domination and power - please dont say Obama - he is a new world order puppet and represents the interests of the white trillionaire plutocrats not black people in america.

Like I said before and I will say again.

It is the young educated masses in your country that will lead your country out of its chaos.  It was young Black College students that Brought AMerica to its knees with Civil Rights protest.  The older black people called them troublemakers for daring to want more NOW!

However, Nigeria's educated youths look down upon its people and will not lift a finger to help them.

Therefore, it will have to be the poor people of Nigeria to wake up and risk their lives for a better future.  I don't understand why poor people are not willing to risk their lives.

They already don't have sh.t.

true,  but im not naive enough to think it will be an easy task, remember that in trying to overthrow a repressive govt like the nigerian govt you must bear in mind that you will indirectly be fighting the US, Israel, Britain and any other foreign power with vested economic interests in our country.  

the igbos in the east tried to secede in 1967 taking with them part of the oil rich region but we were brutally crushed and massacred by the hausa and yorubas who formed an alliance in order to take back control of the revenue generating oil wells.  3million igbos died of starvation following a deliberate blockade imposed on the region in order to force us into surrendering.  the hausa yoruba alliance was armed by britain and we were mercilessly crushed, therefore many of us are reluctant for a repeat of that, however i do think that if the entire country unites and puts aside ethnic differences we might just be able to do it, but thats a big if.

the time is at hand though  because the anglo/american alliance's  plan is to recolonise the entire african continent by establishing military bases all over the continent - the final stages of this plan are already in place - thats what AFRICOM is all about.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 4:26am On Mar 04, 2010
the time is at hand though because the anglo/american alliance's plan is to recolonise the entire african continent by establishing military bases all over the continent - the final stages of this plan are already in place - thats what AFRICOM is all about.

I doubt that. China is in the HOUSE! And china is a Force to be reckoned with.

Although all they are going to do is prop up repressive regimes, at least China is developing their parts of Africa. America will keep African f/u/c/k/e/d up and under-developed.

Because American propaganda controls the media - Nigerian will continue to look to the west for a better life.

and you right about COINTELPRO.

Those nasty muthaf/u/c/k/e/r/s got rid of all the eloquent charismatic leaders during the late 60's and 70's. Which is why i HATE white people.

and you Fred Hampton. The FBI rained over 100 bullets on him while he was sleeping in his bed.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by EzeUche(m): 4:35am On Mar 04, 2010
Deleted
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Eddeux(m): 5:15am On Mar 04, 2010
These no culture having fools should learn their place on the social ladders. They are the sons and daughters of former slaves and have that taint. They are OSU in my opinion.

lmao, sons and daughters of former slaves that actually LOOK good. Who do you see people finding more attractive, an AA or you (a nigerian)?

This is funny. They brag about their purchasing power, but they produce nothing. Koreans sell their hair and even their soulfood. I find it hilarious. Akatas are only consumers, not producers. The only thing they produce is there trashy Rap music.

WRONG black owned business, over 1.2 million as of 2002 produce over $88 billion, and today that is obviously way higher (we'll see in the census is complete).  Are u jealous that your country doesn't produce anywhere near as much?

An akata will always be jealous of an African who knows his roots. Even Caribbeans look down on Akatas. I respect Caribbeans, because they know their roots are in Africa and they see themselves as African brothers. That is why I do not refer them as akatas.

No we don't, we're too busy working and competiting in the modern world to do that.

But the akata cotton picker is another breed.   They hate our forefathers, because they were sold to the white man. lol
funny you say that when many black americans are reaching out into Nigeria to do business, and guess who's the cotton picker a.k.a. employee?

Hey Mandingo, you never know, my Great-great-great grandfather may have sold your relatives. We Aros are known for selling weak people to the white man.

too bad the dumb ones didn't get sold, eh?
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by EzeUche(m): 5:44am On Mar 04, 2010
Deleted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption / Gov. Ayo Fayose-going...going...(see PHOTOS) / We Will Never Support PDP Again – Igbo Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.