Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop (4584 Views)

Nigerians Will Soon Commend Jonathan For His Sincerity Of Purpose In Gov–dokpesi / Most Dangerous Special Forces Of The World. See How Your Country’s Army Looks !! / In Ghana: 200 Nigerians will spend Yuletide in jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Eddeux(m): 6:29am On Mar 04, 2010
Hehehehe   This will be fun

I prefer my West African babes. I love my Igbo women and I love Ghanain women. They look the same and sometimes surpass the look of akata girls. Even though there are some fine akata girls, they are way too many chunky akata girls running around. And they are loose if you know what I mean.

My country provides the oil that goes into your car. And our doctors are helping your health care system. Don't forget the Nigerian pharmacist who work at Rite Aid and Walgreens who give you your prescription drugs. Be thankful!

Nigerians are into business. Wherever there is money to be made, you will find a Nigerian! That is a fact Eddeux. Soon we will end up owning most of Africa. This is a fact. We compete with the Lebanese, Arabs, Indians and whites, so do not come to me with that crap.

We already outperform you akatas in your own country. How many years have you been in America and you allow recent immigrants to outperform you. Maybe you all are just lazy. You all deserve the rest though for all those years of hard labor without any pay. 

angry whatever  EzeUche you're just relying on stereotypes to back up your gross generalizations. I came here to ask Nigerians when their country would develop, b/c I'm actually interested in Nigeria and much of Africa, but instead I find this. and yeah you are right Nigeria may some day be sweeping up real estate across africa like the Japanese did w/ icnonic American buildings during the roaring '80s. But it won't happen if ur politicians don't get their act together.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by oyinda3(f): 7:34am On Mar 04, 2010
eddeux, what exactly do u want?
we have given u an answer so can the topic close if there's nothing else 4 u to add undecided
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 7:35am On Mar 04, 2010
Angry whatever  EzeUche you're just relying on stereotypes to back up your gross generalizations. I came here to ask Nigerians when their country would develop, b/c I'm actually interested in Nigeria and much of Africa, but instead I find this. and yeah you are right Nigeria may some day be sweeping up real estate across africa like the Japanese did w/ icnonic American buildings during the roaring '80s. But it won't happen if your politicians don't get their act together.

i don't even read his post.  He knows he's from the land of sh.t and pi.ss.  and he knows his THICK accent gets him the cold treatment.

no matter all the success he achieves he will still be an UGLY BABOON LOOKING NIGERIAN worthy of disdain from the upscale masses - and his fat a.zz chicken pox looking woman will continue getting bigger & bigger and live a lonely depressed existence here in America.

Go home - ALIEN!

Oh and non of you b.tch a.zz niggas are more successful than me.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 7:48am On Mar 04, 2010
Hehehehe This will be fun

I prefer my West African babes. I love my Igbo women and I love Ghanain women. They look the same and sometimes surpass the look of akata girls. Even though there are some fine akata girls, they are way too many chunky akata girls running around. And they are loose if you know what I mean.

My country provides the oil that goes into your car. And our doctors are helping your health care system. Don't forget the Nigerian pharmacist who work at Rite Aid and Walgreens who give you your prescription drugs. Be thankful!

Nigerians are into business. Wherever there is money to be made, you will find a Nigerian! That is a fact Eddeux. Soon we will end up owning most of Africa. This is a fact. We compete with the Lebanese, Arabs, Indians and whites, so do not come to me with that crap.

We already outperform you akatas in your own country. How many years have you been in America and you allow recent immigrants to outperform you. Maybe you all are just lazy. You all deserve the rest though for all those years of hard labor without any pay.

DUMB a.zz

African Americans have!

FOUGHT to get you immigration papers
Fought to get you Aid
Bought you pesticides
Bought your Mosquito nets
Fought to get your Food
Fought to get you asylum
Fought to get your refugee status
Fought to get you EQUAL RIGHTS that your Government takes away.
Fought to get your MESSAGE OUT
Fought to get the WHITE MAN OFF your neck

SENT AFRICA MONEY

Allowed you to swindle some of us.
Fought to get you scholarships
Fought to get your diplomats heard
Fought to get your women - equal rights

SENT AFRICA MONEY

Fought to get your Artists an Audience
Fought to keep your Environment safe
Fought Apartheid
Built Wells
Fought the fistula crisis

SENT MONEY

We HAVE DONE EVERYTHING FOR YOU, MORE THAN YOUR PEOPLE HAVE DONE FOR THEMSELVES.

Again

You EMBARRASS ME WITH YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE!

dumbazz nigerian in America. How did you get here anyway.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 8:08am On Mar 04, 2010
Intellectual Bankruptcy of the African Elite

By

Chika Onyeani

Afrstime@aol.com

In a highly provocative piece culled from his book, Capitalist Nigger: The Road to Success, pp. 97-119, Chika Onyeani concludes that the African educated elite is a failure, an individual who is not useful to the society, either in Africa or even as migrants. "The African elite has been a total failure; they cannot raise their heads in the community of scholars or the intelligentsia. They want to continue to sit at the head of the totem pole, being spoon-fed, rather than at the head of the battle line leading the masses of Black people throughout the world. That they have not been able to understand that the total Black race is under economic slavery is a testament to their half-education and illiteracy.

A community cannot survive when its so-called educated citizens are morally and intellectually bankrupt and decrepit. You cannot have a community whose intelligentsia are mere parasites of other cultures." Africans are not a forceful people, neither are they aggressive to the point of a fight to the finish. We are not resolute in our commitment to a goal and lack the devil-may-care doggedness needed to scale a Mount Everest or the Himalayas. We are easily influenced and distracted in pursuit of a quest to reach a set goal and to be the best that are destined for us. Intellectually, we are bankrupt and decrepit. We have a very short attention span, and have a very short burst of energy which easily extinguishes in the face of impediment.

We prefer to be parasites of a culture which we had no hand in creating, a Caucasion culture which took them years to perfect, and which we cannot easily emulate in its basic tenets - a predisposition to make wars not only on themselves but more so on others for intimidation and supremacy. Unlike his Caucasian counterpart, the African is a compassionate fool, easily influenced to hospitality of known enemies because of their acts of deceitful intentions.

The balkanization of Africa by the six Caucasian nations, Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Germany, resulted in the creation of disparate and at best, baseless boundaries, countries without geographic significance. The fig ht to gain independence, was not so much the aggressive pursuit of the goal of independence by African leaders, as the realization by the Europeans that they had looted all that they needed to loot from Africa. The leaders of Africa who benefited from the handout of independence to African countries had no concept of the ideals of rulership they were inheriting other than their desire to displace the Europeans in their oppression of masses of the people and their opulent lifestyles with the resources of the people. These leaders' vision was in stark contrast to that of Nelson Mandela and Kenyatta, the Kenyan Mau Mau leader, Kwame Nkrumah, Mwalimu Nyerere, and Nnamdi Azikiwe, all of whom were ready to give up their lives in pursuit of the freedom of their people. They understood what it was to be independent and free and were ready to give their lives to attain that goal. The lack of commitment to the real meaning of freedom and independence by those African leaders who "won" independence for their respective countries from their former colonial masters has done more to impugn the intelligence of the Blackman and raise more questions about his ability to govern himself. Today, Africa is worse off than when it gained independence from the former colonial masters. The standard of living of the masses has decreased steadily since gaining independence to the extent that now there is more malnutrition, more diseases, less provision of essential services, such as good roads, clean drinking water, good health care provision and less freedom to express one's views. The promise of independence has hardly been fulfilled.

Africa has incurred more debt, yet has nothing to show for it. The debts incurred were used more for grandiose projects than for services to benefit the people, such as the late Houphuet-Boigny's $1 billion to build the so-called biggest and best known Cathedral in his remote village in Yarmousoukro in the Ivory Coast. That is $1 billion to build a Cathedral that is now not being utilized by the people, a large amount of money gone down the drain. Was it necessary to build such a Cathedral and deny the people essential services? The issue in this portion of the book is not so much to show that the leaders have not provided the leadership which would make us proud and show that we can stand on equal footing with the rest of the world, but rather to show the intellectual bankruptcy of the so-called African elite. The elite, rather than the majority of the crude African leadership, stand out as the single group which has damaged Africa most because of their quest for an easy life of luxury. This is the group that took over the baton from the former colonial rulers. They took over the opulent life lived by the oppressors. Rather than eliminate the excesses of the Caucasian masters, the elite saw their takeover as an opportunity to double the pain of the masses of the people. Their claim to the throne vacated by the Caucasians was that they had gone to school, an education in which practical learning was not a requirement.

The elite inherited the European's position; he inherited his huge offices; he inherited his more than 10 messengers; he inherited his intimacy on demand from his numerous secretaries; he inherited his disrespect of his subordinates; he inherited more than three cars; he inherited his huge houses with several servants and drivers. He inherited his demand for unquestioned authority and obedience. He was pampered beyond human endurance by the masses who expected to see a difference from Caucasian behavior. Instead they found that their behavior, in most cases, was more tyrannical than their Caucasian predecessors. But the elite's excesses would not be allowed to go on forever unchallenged; unfortunately, the challenge came from the wrong quarters - the military. One by one, African governments were taken over by military men of questionable character - immoral and illiterates such as Idi Amin of Uganda, Emperor Bokassa of the Central African Republic, Sergeant Doe of Liberia, Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire, Sani Abacha of Nigeria. Jammeh of the Gambia is the latest in a line of idiots who seized power because they possessed the gun, and then quickly seized the ballot box in a corrupt election to declare themselves democractically elected.

The greatest sin of the African elite is not opening their mouths to challenge these despots. They feared for their opulent lifestyles. They feared losing their presents of money stolen from the masses for their love-peddlers; they feared being deprived of air conditioned homes when the masses are out in the streets without electricity; they feared their swimming pools not being filled with water when the average man could not even get a clean drinking water and had to depend on polluted and infected streams to get his water; they did not want to be deprived of attending Clubs and drinking free drinks at the expense of the masses; they did not want to be deprived of trotting around the globe. The Europeans, on the other hand, decided to let these buffoons be perceived as having taken over, and they exercised, and continue to exercise, power over these puppets in any major decision making. Unfortunately for the African elite, the buffoonery called the African military had their own ideas of personal enrichment and aggrandizement.

The elite was the first to congratulate any military idiot who seized power and protest how their predecessors had corrupted the country and looted its treasury. They danced to the tune of the new dictator in the hope that they would be spared their opulent lifestyle. But the military being who they are, preferred to spend the country's largess and money on their string of loose women rather than on the comfort of the elite and the provision of essential services to the masses of the people. They cut off their privileges and curtailed their attempts to question why their lifestyles were being scrapped. Those who attempted to question the military, were quickly jailed or executed to send a message of intimidation to others never to attempt such a "disrespect of constituted authority."

At the first sign of a contraction of their lifestyle, most of the elite packed up and fled Africa, to the United States and Canada, and others to European nations. Today, there are about 2.5 million Africans in the United States of America. The majority are the elites who fled and the new elites who are planning to return to an extravagant life of abundance. Hence, the African immigrant group has been declared by the U.S. Census Bureau as the most educated immigrant group in America. But beyond the fact that he is highly educated, the African immigrant, unlike his Inidan, Chinese and other immigrant counterparts, has not had any visible impact on America.

Most are still caught up in their loss of opulent lifestyles in Africa, and have not been able to assimilate into a society which does not recognize whether you are a "prince," a "chief," a "commoner," son or daughter of wealthy parents, but only recognizes what you have accomplished by yourself. There is this nauseating nostalgia about "life back home, where I had seven servants, who washed and ironed my clothes, where I did not know where the kitchen was situated in my own house, where I had five drivers for my five cars, where I could have as many women as I wanted, where I rubbed shoulders with powers that be, where everybody called me Sir/Madam, where people understood that I was a very important person (v.i.p.), where I took 30% of all contracts I awarded.

Now I am just a number in America SS: 123456789. In America, nobody knows who I am and hardly cares; they don't recognize that I am a prince or chief who is a security guard, right? , on and on, ad infinitum ad nauseam. The so-called educated African in America is tragically damaged psychologically between his concept of his own importance and the reality of American life. Many have been living in a dream world of returning home to granduer, and avoid being assimilated in the American society until their coffin has to be sent back to their homeland, without accomplishing anything: avoidance of participation in the American way of life, which is looked on as inferior, and the reality of not having made any contributions to a continent which is beckoning for people with ideas to return to contribute to the economic development of the area. Africans talk incessantly about their homelands - they know everything that happens there. They criticize everything.

They will sit and talk a whole day about the leaders who are creating one problem or another, without ever offering solutions. They have all kinds of organizations - compounds, villages, towns, counties, provinces, states, countries - the missions of which is the betterment of the area back in Africa, but which in actual fact is used for displaying the same self-importance which the American society had denied them. Saturday after Saturday, Sunday after Sunday, there is this meeting or that meeting. People come there, list all their degrees, the schools they attended, the positions they occupied back home, their parents standings in society. By the time they finish reciting all their accolades, the time for the meeting has more than elapsed and the same happens the next meeting. In Africa, we have a saying that "You don't chase after a mouse when your house is on fire." But it seems that Africans in America have perfected the science of chasing after a mouse when their house is on fire. With the meetings, all the boastings, Africans in America cannot claim to have made an impact in America in matters concerning Africa, or in Africa with all the wars, diseases, famine and all kinds of problems going on there.

More than 800,000 Tutsis and Hutus were killed in Rwanda; Africans in America did not lift a finger of help even in just expressing their sympathies, gathering blankets, foods, medical supplies and drugs or even toys for the children. It is the same story all over the continent. Even now when there is a pandemic of AIDS, Africans in America seem unconcerned. There is the war in Sierra Leone, where thousands of children and women have been despoiled, decapitated and murdered. Africans in America have not lifted a finger of protest against these genocides. The African in America does not understand what it means to be committed to a principle of alleviating the sufferings of their people. They are much more concerned with their silly importance, where everybody is a "chief and," as they say in America, "no Indians." I have yet to find a group of Africans in America who have decided to volunteer to go to Africa for any relief work. Yet, they express all kinds of anger when they see a Caucasian man or woman carrying an African child, or leading a group of wounded children or women, in any war torn area in Africa. They will spend an eternity discussing the pros and cons of that Caucasian man or woman carrying that child, rather than do something about it themselves. I repeat that the African in America is intellectually bankrupt and decrepit. Here is a group which is regarded as the most educated immigrant group in america, they are yet to accomplish even one twentieth what their Indian, Chinese, and Korean counterparts have been able to accomplish in America. In America, Indians are one of the best shining examples of success in so many categories of American business that they can no longer be discounted politically, economically or socially.

In New York City, the Indians control all the newsstands, they control all the taxis, and over 90% of the limousine car services; they control all the motels and all the gas stations including all the convenience stores attached to the stations. In fact, the Indian Yellow cab driver is the one most likely to refuse picking up a Black passenger in New York City than any other cab driver. The Indians have built major companies, especially in the computer and internet fields. Some of their companies are major players in these fields and have taken their companies public. Even with our preponderance of the "educateds." no African in America has started a computer or internet company from scratch and taken that company public. Africans cannot boast of controlling this or that area of business in America. The Chinese on the other hand, control how America eats. Even in the movies, you always see the actors or actresses, ordering one form of Chinese food or another. Africans spend a lot of money eating or ordering Chinese foods, Our African missions to the United Nations, Embassies in Washington and all the African Consulates-General spend millions of dollars eating Chinese food a year. I have never seen an Chinese going to an African restaurant to reciprocate our patronage. The Chinese also control how America keeps its wardrobe clearn. Keeping in mind that we are the most educated immigrant group in America, Africans can be found in thousands in Universities and Colleges throughout the United States as administrators, professors, senior lecturers, adjunct lecturers.

There are thousands of African medical practitioners throughout the medical learning establishments and practice in America. But, the most puzzling issue is the nonexistence of any research on the part of our so-called intellectual establishments in matters affecting the continent. Recently, I read two articles which I thought would ignite the anger of the African elite in the universities - one was an article which a Caucasian woman of Jewish descent had written arguing that civilization did not emanate from Africa, but rather from Greece; and the other article was about the new attempt to foist the origin of AIDS on Africa. Well, I said to myself, these two articles would certainly excite the response of our intellectual effete-snobs. I even challenged the so-called African Studies Association, the African university teachers group, and told one of their leaders that I was appalled at the lack of meaningful research undertaken by our so-called "learneds" to respond to critical and detrimental assertions affecting Africa. And that these two articles presented a challenge to them to refute these patently meritless articles, produced by Caucasians to continue to demean the supremacy of the Black man.

I was assured that they would respond, but true to their nature, it is one thing to get a degree and quite another to exercise the use of that degree. African scholars are the same the world over. They get their degrees to the highest level; they get a teaching position or job at a company. That is the end of it. You cannot point to any research that they have come up with which has elicited comment which could be regarded as controversial. No African scholar in America is called upon as an expert on matters affecting Africa in all the major television networks. (That was true when I wrote this book, but not now when I see people like George Ayittey on CNN; I have been on ABC-TV, NBC-TV, UPN-TV, CBS-TV). With the exception of the literary icon, Chinua Achebe, whose book "Things Fall Apart," is a staple for teaching in almost all universities throughout America, no other African can boast of a book they have written being utilized (in such a wide manner) as a teaching mateial in the universities. The problem of African scholars is the same problem I had talked about at the beginning of this part of the book: a lack of aggressiveness, a lack of commitment to the goal of later rather than immediate gratification; and of course, being easily influenced by the pursuit for money. The African scholar is intellectually dishonest. At a time when thousands of Chinese scholars and researchers are swarming American research laboratories, African scholars are nowhere to be found in those intellectually challenging positions.

In fact, one Chinese research, in responding to America's accusation that a Chinese had sold secrets to mainland China, intoned that he couldn't understand what the fuss was all about: "after-all," he said, "Mandarin (Chinese language) had become the lingua franca in most research establishments throughout the United States." Today, China can boast of possessing and being able to build nuclear weapons through the efforts of Chinese citizens in America. India and Pakistan have been able to detonate atomic bombs through the disciplined research of Indians and Pakistanis in America in helping their counterparts in their respective homelands to acquire the techonology. The question really is how could Africa have millions of educated men and women, yet have to import experts in all fields to manage areas of economic development, engineering and others for which Africans had gone to the same school. All this is due to the shallowness of our "education," a non-commitment to the study of knowledge for the benefits of the people, rather than a study on how we can make money the fastest way without putting out much effort. In the early days when Africans came to the United States for studies, there used to be quite a few of them enrolled in engineering and science-related studies. Now, that is passe. Now, go to any university; Africans are enrolled in business administration, sociology, accounting, finance, prelaw, pre-medicine: you hardly get people in engineering and physics. It is no wonder that when we come out with some of these worthless degrees, we are herded into jobs with the Human Resources Administration - people with masters degrees, who after the last day of getting their degrees is the day they stop reading anything on paper. The African elite, as a mirror image of the larger Black society, is a consumer group rather than a productive group.

A people which regards itself as independent should be able to produce independent thought. Yet, Africans still depend on Europeans, 40 years after "gaining" their independence from their former colonial masters and at a new millennium, to furnish us with books on any subject. Our so-called eltes cannot devote enough time to research to duplicate the same research already conducted and articulate it in a language Africans can understand. It is any wonder then that we go to school and still come out illiterates. It is no wonder that despite our years of schooling, if we need our roads built, we have to contract them out to European engineering firms to build for us; if we need electricity, we get Caucasians or the Japanese to build them for us; if we need drinking water, we have to import European or American experts to do them for us. We are "highly educated," yet we cannot even assemble a bicycle - we have to import it; we cannot assemble a radio - we have to import it; we cannot assemble a fan - we have to import it; we cannot assemble a television - we have to import it. According to the United Nations, Africa constitutes the world's poorest land mass. There is poverty everywhere and the pay of the average man is the lowest in the world.

Yet you could hardly see the industrial powers rushing to Africa to open factories, which would produce goods which would then be resold in their markets. Africans go to school so that they can acquire half-educated knowledge to terrorize the masses in the same way that the colonial masters had done; other immigrant groups like the Indians and Chinese have been able to use their education to acquire knowledge beneficial to their people all over the world. It is quite amazing that even in the field of history, our African elite has failed us in not producing well-researched publications on the history of the African continent. The saddest part is that we have to be taught African history through the eyes of the Caucasian. But thanks to Africa's children who were sold into slavery, the history of Africa has started to be known through our own eyes. The tenets of a Capitalist Nigger is a love of money and what money can do to uplift the masses and not terrorize them or steal them blind. The African elite has been a total failure; they cannot raise their heads in the community of scholars or the intelligentsia. They want to continue to sit at the head of the totem pole, being spoon-fed, rather than at the head of the battle line leading the masses of Black people throughout the world. That they have not been able to understand that the total Black race is under economic slavery is a testament to their half-education and illiteracy. A community cannot survive when its so-called educated citizens are morally and intellectually bankrupt and decrepit. You cannot have a community whose intelligentsia are mere parasites of other cultures.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by cicero(m): 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2010
@MandingoII
In your hateful posts lies the bitter truth of the great harm done to our 'nation' Nigeria by Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by cap28: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
@mandingo thanks for posting that article by chika onyeani - i agree with the basic thrust of his argument, however i notice that he seems to have completely exonerated whites from any blame in most if not all of the arguments he raises.  

yes the nigerian elite are morally and intellectually bankrupt, yes nigerians as a people lack the courage and the fighting spirit to take control over their own destiny, rather we prefer to live in a fantasy world where we delude ourselves that we are successful when in actual fact we are glorified slaves living under an alien system that does not recognise our humanity.

i remember reading about how the people of north vietnam fought and defeated first the french, then the chinese and finally the americans even though it meant loosing 3million of their own people in the process.  even vietnamese women were trained in guerilla warfare tactics and many were brutally despoil.d, tortured and murdered by american soldiers but the vietnamese fought on causing the americans to sustain casualties of over 50,000 until the american public could no longer stomach the sight of vast numbers of their soldiers being brought home in body bags.

we lack that sense of fierce nationalistic pride, our focus is material gain on an individual basis which is a self defeating and backward way of looking at life.

the other day i was discussing the situation in nigeria with a jamaican guy and he said to me "why cant nigerians in the west go back to their own country and fix it up instead of being content to live like second class citizens in the west, their country is rich dont they understand that they would be ten times better off if they sorted out their own country and ran it themselves" . 

oil rich iran was in a similar dilemma when the US overthrew mossadegh a left wing revolutionary and replaced him with their puppet the Shah of Iran in 1953 - the Shah retained his murderous grip on power courtesy of the US and Britain.  this is where i agree with Onyeana about the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the nigerian elite - mossadegh was from a wealthy aristocratic arab family, however he had a deep sense of nationalistic pride - putting the collective welfare of his people before self gain- we dont have that in nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

anyway eventually iranian students rose up and overthrew the shah after 26 years of brutality -  one mahmoud ahmadinejad (who is now demonised by the western coporate media  as a mad man)  is said to have been one of the students who stormed the US embassy in 1979 taking a number of US diplomats hostage along with other iranian students, however this account has been denied by the iranian govt. 

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,363072,00.html

Onyeani makes a lot of very important points which need to be taken on board.

i have never been under any illusions that the only way we can regain our respect in this world is to take back our continent - no black person can ever be respected if he is living in a white dominated nation - the black race has been assigned a position of inferiority within western society - we can only break those chains if we take back our continent and rebuild our nations - the jews learnt this the hard way.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 4:03pm On Mar 04, 2010
@mandingo thanks for posting that article by chika onyeani - i agree with the basic thrust of his argument, however i notice that he seems to have completely exonerated whites from any blame in most if not all of the arguments he raises. 

yes the nigerian elite are morally and intellectually bankrupt, yes nigerians as a people lack the courage and the fighting spirit to take control over their own destiny, rather we prefer to live in a fantasy world where we delude ourselves that we are successful when in actual fact we are glorified slaves living under an alien system that does not recognise our humanity.

i remember reading about how the people of north vietnam fought and defeated first the french, then the chinese and finally the americans even though it meant loosing 3million of their own people in the process.  even vietnamese women were trained in guerilla warfare tactics and many were brutally despoil.d, tortured and murdered by american soldiers but the vietnamese fought on causing the americans to sustain casualties of over 50,000 until the american public could no longer stomach the sight of vast numbers of their soldiers being brought home in body bags.

we lack that sense of fierce nationalistic pride, our focus is material gain on an individual basis which is a self defeating and backward way of looking at life.

the other day i was discussing the situation in nigeria with a jamaican guy and he said to me "why cant nigerians in the west go back to their own country and fix it up instead of being content to live like second class citizens in the west, their country is rich dont they understand that they would be ten times better off if they sorted out their own country and ran it themselves" .

oil rich iran was in a similar dilemma when the US overthrew mossadegh a left wing revolutionary and replaced him with their puppet the Shah of Iran in 1953 - the Shah retained his murderous grip on power courtesy of the US and Britain.  this is where i agree with Onyeana about the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the nigerian elite - mossadegh was from a wealthy aristocratic arab family, however he had a deep sense of nationalistic pride - putting the collective welfare of his people before self gain- we dont have that in nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

anyway eventually iranian students rose up and overthrew the shah after 26 years of brutality -  one mahmoud ahmadinejad (who is now demonised by the western coporate media  as a mad man)  is said to have been one of the students who stormed the US embassy in 1979  taking a number of US diplomats hostage along with other iranian students, however this account has been denied by the iranian govt.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,363072,00.html

Onyeani makes a lot of very important points which need to be taken on board.

i have never been under any illusions that the only way we can regain our respect in this world is to take back our continent - no black person can ever be respected if he is living in a white dominated nation - the black race has been assigned a position of inferiority within western society - we can only break those chains if we take back our continent and rebuild our nations - the jews learnt this the hard way.

Cap

you a smart dude.

too bad many of your Nigerian Brotheren RECREATES Tribalism here in the states.  I didn't know JACK SH.T about Nigeria until I met so many nasty a.zz Nigerians.

I said Nigerians, not Africans.  For some reason Nigerians bring with them a sh.tty a.zz attitude that is beyond me.  After researching (the bad parts of nigeria) to throw back at them - I came back depressed, angry and sullen.

Yet daily,  African Americans get bombarded with Tribalistic retorts of how backwards African Americans are and how progressed the Nigerians are

I wouldn't go to Nigeria to LOOK DOWN on Nigerians.

So why are Nigerians in America (trying) to look down on Black Americans?

It's called low-self esteem,

If Nigerians were such a bomb a/z/z people they would compare themselves with their contemporaries, instead of Broke a.zz drug addicts and alcoholics littering the American landscape.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Ikengawo: 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2010
your the one, with eddex or whatever that came here and started making the comparison.

your right, your not our equal, we have completely and totally out preformed you in all aspects of life.

even crime lol.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by EzeUche(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2010
Mandingo who thinks he is a Mandinke. hehehe  grin He probably does not know where these people originate from and believe the foolish stereotype of the term 'Mandingo.'

You are on the discussion board. Go bother those Liberians or Senegalese with your nonsense. 

The average akata knows nothing about Africa. So I doubt any of you akatas who deny your African roots will do anything to help the continent.

Ask an akata where Kenya is on a map and they wont know. Your ignorance about Africa is quite sad. Foolish akata boy with no roots. You akatas are the lowest on the totem pole. Even Mexicans are rising higher than you gang banging akatas.

An akata these days does nothing to improve the U.S. They only rob and steal. You people have fallen. If MLK or Malcolm X were alive today, they would be appalled by you akatas.

You all have more freedom today than you all had yesterday, but the GREAT African Americans of the past surpassed you all. It is sad. I weep for the akata man who will not reach the age of 21. I weep for the akata girl who has no daddy to say he loves her so she sleeps with as many men as possible.  cry
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by jimmysho(m): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2010
The present realities in our dear country is about a nation that the foundation was laid with severe irregularities and deformities which are not working for us
A nation where corruption has been institutionalized and connection placed above merit
A nation that exalt Quota and Federal Character System above knowledge
Oh, a nation that celebrate private wealth above national growth and development.

I mean a situation where genius are subjected to the authority of dodo because the slowpoke is closer the people at the corridor of power or from a section of the country
A situation where people from different sections of the country write same exams but where offered admission based on a fraudulent policy -Education Backward States Policy
A situation where the law protects the rich and powerful while punishment is for the poor and voiceless is assumed to be sacrosanct- Oh, what a double standard.

Can’t we sing a new song? Some will say “it is not in the sing but the motive behind it”
Why can’t our resources and population translate into great development and growth?
Series of visions were set to no visible result. The resent among them is the vision 2020- to be on the conservative side, the vision seems not going through the direction of the visioneer.

Oh, when will the Nigeria of our dream emerge?
A Nigeria that order will be part of our national life
A Nigeria that basic need of life will be readily available
A Nigeria that health care can be accessible by all
A Nigeria that where energy will not be scarce

Am talking about the situation where intellectual property will be rewarded
A situation where the unskilled will not get the job of the skilled
A situation when we will assume our position in the comity of nations
I mean when we shall be lead by those that have passion and the love
of our country at heart and a corrupt free men will take the centre stage.

I yarn for a new Nigeria without greed
I see it coming any moment from now
But can it happen in this generation?
Will it surface with th
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by edoyad(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2010
The average Nigerian probably has a brain functioning at 19% of It's capacity. That would mean the average Nigerian hiding in diaspora has got sh¡t for brains and is of no use to us back here at home; so remain where you are atleast There's welfare to keep you alive in those parts rather than bringing back your jinx cool .
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by deb(m): 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2010
@Poster

When will your country stop being hypocritical?
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by honeric01(m): 8:14pm On Mar 04, 2010
In the next 10-30 years, visible development shall be seen everywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by 9jii(m): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2010
will u ever come home(AFRICA) coz d slavery is over.AFRICAN-AMERICAN will u ever take one ID two face?
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by cap28: 12:37am On Mar 05, 2010
@mandingo thanks for your comments

ive had a further look at Chika Onyeani's books and i understand he edits a nigerian newspaper based in the US.  as i said earlier he raises a number of very important and credible points such as:

the failure of the nigerian elite to bring about positive change for the vast majority of people in nigeria who are living in grinding poverty.

the fact that we give our money away to people who dont respect or appreciate us

our complacency in the face of oppression etc however he fails to address the ongoing aggression that progressive african leaders face the minute they stand up to america and europe and refuse to be pushed around and treated like animals - id like to know why he remains silent about the US's practice of sponsoring coup d'etats, overthrow of legitimate democratic regimes, arming and funding of dictators, the use of international financial institutions to keep africa in debt, covert counter insurgency militia groups that are trained by the US govt to overthrow progressive govts

if we are to accept Onyeani's argument that we as a race are solely to be blamed for our current predicament how does he explain a country like Haiti who actually defeated three imperial powers but is the only country in history who after defeating its enemy was forced to pay compensation to its former slave masters? 

as if that wasnt bad enough europe and america imposed an economic trade embargo against them causing their country to spiral into crippling poverty and underdevelopment.

then after 60 years of isolation the americans invaded the country removed a democratically elected leader and replaced him with their puppet.

all the above caused Haiti to end up as a banana republic - Will Onyeani argue that the Haitians are to blame for these unfortunate incidents?

What Onyeani has conveniently failed to address or even recognise is that one of the major reasons that africa remains an economic basket case is because we are unable to defend ourselves from external aggression -  our  military capability simply isnt strong enough to protect the sovereignty of our respective nations.

power today is determined by military might  - the only language the white man understands is the language of violence and force - this is how they built their own nations, notice how america only attacks and invades countries which are militarily weaker but never countries which equal it militarily like russia, china or even north korea.

i read a bit more on Onyeani's background and apparently he has been courted and given various awards by a number of establishment media outlets like the New York times - im always suspicious of black people who are given recognition for their "work" by mainstream western media organisations because these people only endorse people who share their racist  views, when i look at some of the things that Onyeani is saying like "blacks shouldnt expect anything from the West - the West owes you nothing" i can see why they have given him audience. 

the white man is not our friend he pits us against each other and he loves it when we are tearing each other down, no white man wants to be held responsible for the damage he has done and still continues to do to our race therefore if there is someone out there letting him off the hook and shifting responsibility away from him for all the atrocities that he has committed and continues to comitt as we speak he will embrace that person.

What else should the white man be exonerated for - should we blame the native americans for being victims of genocide perpetrated by the whites against them because they refused to willingly give up their land?  how about the mexicans are they to be blamed for losing huge chunks of their land to the whites ie  Texas,  California, Nevada, Utah, most of Arizona, New Mexico, parts of Wyoming and Colorado?

im all for accepting responsibility for things that i feel we should be held accountable for but to totally exonerate whites from their heinous crimes against humanity - that im afraid i cant do.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Eddeux(m): 1:06am On Mar 05, 2010
eddeux, what exactly do u want?
we have given u an answer so can the topic close if there's nothing else 4 u to add   

I want DECENT answers that aren't:
1) bashing black americans
2) changing the topic to the actions of the U.s.
3) dumb as hell

I've gotten plenty, but there are still some trollin' or don't have enough intelligience to understand my question without going all wild (tribal).
your the one, with eddex or whatever that came here and started making the comparison
lmao, what comparisons? I came here asking when Nigeria will develop, and what's wrong w/ comparisons anyways? All people in the world, especially America, are compared to others.
The average akata knows nothing about Africa. So I doubt any of you akatas who deny your African roots will do anything to help the continent.
Ask an akata where Kenya is on a map and they wont know. Your ignorance about Africa is quite sad. Foolish akata boy with no roots. You akatas are the lowest on the totem pole. Even Mexicans are rising higher than you gang banging akatas.
An akata these days does nothing to improve the U.S. They only rob and steal. You people have fallen. If MLK or Malcolm X were alive today, they would be appalled by you akatas.
You all have more freedom today than you all had yesterday, but the GREAT African Americans of the past surpassed you all. It is sad. I weep for the akata man who will not reach the age of 21. I weep for the akata girl who has no daddy to say he loves her so she sleeps with as many men as possible.   

That still doesn't change the fact we're the wealthiest blacks in the world! So I guess that means we are allowed to slack off at times cause we actually can afford to!
Most African American males live past 21, actually the 'average' life expectancy is aroujnd 70 (like 2 1/2 decades above Nigeria's) but a lot of us live past that (such as my g-grandpa who died at 88).
And Kenya is above Tanzania, borders Somalia to the west, and Ethiopia to the North  tongue

@Poster

When will your country stop being hypocritical?
[color=#0600]when will you answer my question, when will Nigeria develop?[/color]
In the next 10-30 years, visible development shall be seen everywhere in Nigeria
THANK YOU!! Finally an answer that's real and isn't hating on Black Americans. You're one of the few Nigerian posters who truly answered my q.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by cap28: 3:24am On Mar 05, 2010
Eddeux:

Why blame us? The people of any sovereign nation should be strong enough to keep their government entact even if militias rise up.

what sort of warped reasoning is that - blame  a soveriegn nation for not being strong enough to fend off its enemies instead of condemning an enemy who illegally tries to overthrow a soveriegn nation!!!

wait, isn't China running arond Africa as we speak scrambling up oil reserves?

china is engaged in legitimate trade in nigeria, it isnt fomenting wars or undermining the stability of the country unlike the US.

If our economy is mounted on a giant ponzi scheme then what does that make the economy of Nigeria built on? OIL, and imagine it'll come tumbling down once our leaders get some sense and stop giving the oil companies what they want. Besides, over 16% of our GDP is based on manufacturing, which is around $5 trillion bucks, and the service sector makes up the rest, and yes money is generated from providing services, and if you go by GNP then we produce even more than $14 trillion in goods and services. That 5 trillion is still lightyears ahead of Nigeria's gdp. though I can sympathise w/ you that the IMF and of course the world has a negative stereotype of Africa as just a land of poor people governed by corrupt governments

you're a bit confused - the american oil companies are much more powerful than the US govt, they have lobby groups who control congress and influence your govts energy policy, your congress is nothing but a toothless bull dog. i admit that if not for corruption the nigerian economy could do so much better but as ive said before  your govt uses corrupt international financial institutions like the IMF and the world bank to "restructure" our economies to suit your govts  selfish and greedy requirements.  we supply 25% of your crude oil imports - if we were as poor as your fraudulent imf and world bank claim why do you trade with us?

as for your manufacturing industry hasnt the bulk of that been shipped out of the country to third world sweat shops where your multinantionals can get people to work for starvation wages?

that isn't the U.s. govt, it's our corporations who are satin reborn. and besides, Nigeria's economy needs to gear towards manufacturing more as well. Boy imagine how much wealth would be generated if your country was capable of actually manufacturing the generators it imports.

yeah im glad you admit that they are as  you say "satin reborn" i presume you mean satan, anyway your multinationals run and own your country they are more powerful than your govt.

hopefully soon, or maybe when developing countries rise and get tired of the BS we've been giving them. but till then, don't count on it.

we are already tired of your bullshit and you guys are going to be in for a shock very soon when our militant groups resume their sabotage of the oil wells in the niger delta region - hopefully that will cause the price of oil per barrell to go through the roof again triggering a meltdown in your precarious economy.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 4:10am On Mar 05, 2010
we are already tired of your bullshit and you guys are going to be in for a shock very soon when our militant groups resume their sabotage of the oil wells in the niger delta region - hopefully that will cause the price of oil per barrell to go through the roof again triggering a meltdown in your precarious economy.

Hopefully sooner than later. America is NOT innocent. America is packaged as THE RICHEST COUNTRY EVER, THE GREATEST COUNTRY EVER,

mofo's here believe that shit. They soak it up. America have some crafty mofo's in power here. They sit in THINK TANKS and scheme on ways to DEFRAUD poor people around the globe out of their money and labor.

I read the book "shock doctrine" Damn!

Haiti is in for an unwanted surprise.

the white man is not our friend he pits us against each other and he loves it when we are tearing each other down, no white man wants to be held responsible for the damage he has done and still continues to do to our race therefore if there is someone out there letting him off the hook and shifting responsibility away from him for all the atrocities that he has committed and continues to comitt as we speak he will embrace that person.

[size=18pt]WORD![/size]

he fails to address the ongoing aggression that progressive african leaders face the minute they stand up to america and europe and refuse to be pushed around and treated like animals - id like to know why he remains silent about the US's practice of sponsoring coup d'etats, overthrow of legitimate democratic regimes, arming and funding of dictators, the use of international financial institutions to keep africa in debt, covert counter insurgency militia groups that are trained by the US govt to overthrow progressive govts

His was an attack on HIS people. I posted it to attack that knucklehead mofo in D.C. for attacking AA's.

America IS the biggest Terrorist nation on the planet. This is why America turns around and accuses others of the very behavior they have created and sponsoring.

The American public buys this Bullsh.t lock stock and barrell.

American are scary a.ss mutha/f/uck/ers.

Look at Iran. American overthrew their very popular elected president in 1953 because he wanted to take back his oil wells from Britian. They put in the Shah until STUDENTS overthrew him in 1979.

Then America turned around and sold weapons to Iran in the 1980's during the Iran/contra affair. They also put crack cocaine in the black community to buy the weapons from American manufacturers to defeat the socialist contra's.

Today America is mad at Iran because they want to sell their oil using Euro's instead of Dollars. This is Why America attacked Iraq. Saddam Hussein was going to use the Euro instead of the Dollar.

Because the British uses the pound instead of the Euro it jump in because Britian have a lot of American petro dollars proping up its economy.

This is an UGLY a.ss racist Greedy conniving country filled with Hellish White men that will stop at nothing to amass MONEY.

so cap28, how can we stop it?
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by saiyaman: 4:24am On Mar 05, 2010
Mandingo, you are one of the most irratating people I've ever seen on the internet!
I've never seen someone take the whole "I'm doing bad but dang I'm not as bad as them" to the extreme
African Americans are not doing are not doing that great when you look at the society as a whole. notice i didnt say that African Americans are doomed but there is no reason to cellebrate just yet when a large percentage of African American are currently behind bars and represent a sizable proportion of high school dropouts in the U.S. take stock of your own before you do the same for others.
Nigerians are not off the hook either the tribal divisions and the corruption that is plaguing the country is aa byproduct of imperialism but the people of nigeria and other African countries as well need to collectively say that corruption is not a form of government and that everyone has to work together to solve their own problems and not wait on divine intervention. Africa has nearly all of the world's resources and yet represent a majority of the world's poorest people, there is a serious disconnect.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by Jaylon(m): 5:12am On Mar 05, 2010
@Eddeux

your thread would have been legitimate if it did not have the hatred undertone.  When I first saw
the thread topic, I thought it was a non-Nigerian wanting some education (or enlightenment) on
the state of affairs of the country.

After going through your posts, I discovered that you have sinister motives.

from eddeux
Cause you know, we Black Americans can't be the only successful black folks in this world forever

Well, since you want to be that way, you are being giving a treat by the Ezeuche's and co.

from Ezeuche
I weep for the akata girl who has no daddy to say he loves her so she sleeps with as many men as possible.

equation don balance  wink
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by saiyaman: 5:54am On Mar 05, 2010
I would say blame it on our eduactional system in the U.S. but she subscribes to a brand of stupidity that even the most burnout low performing school in the country could not be the cause of it. tongue tongue
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 6:15am On Mar 05, 2010
Mandingo, you are one of the most irratating people I've ever seen on the internet!
I've never seen someone take the whole "I'm doing bad but dang I'm not as bad as them" to the extreme
African Americans are not doing are not doing that great when you look at the society as a whole. notice i didnt say that African Americans are doomed but there is no reason to cellebrate just yet when a large percentage of African American are currently behind bars and represent a sizable proportion of high school dropouts in the U.S. take stock of your own before you do the same for others.
Nigerians are not off the hook either the tribal divisions and the corruption that is plaguing the country is aa byproduct of imperialism but the people of nigeria and other African countries as well need to collectively say that corruption is not a form of government and that everyone has to work together to solve their own problems and not wait on divine intervention. Africa has nearly all of the world's resources and yet represent a majority of the world's poorest people, there is a serious disconnect.

I understand why your Elites steal from you.

but I cannot understand why BLACK LEADERS would allow other Black people to wallow in filth. Ya'll must have done something to your leaders for them to treat you and your country this way.
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by saiyaman: 6:21am On Mar 05, 2010
"Y'all" who, just because I dont agree with your brand of stupidity doesnt mean I'm rooting for one team or the other. grin
Re: Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop by MandingoII(m): 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2010

so cap28, how can we stop it?

Where you at Cap28?

You disappeared when I asked about ACTION!

or are you "all talk and no action?"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Naira May Not Be Easily Counterfeited – Cbn ! / Freudian Slip: Bode George Said He Is The Symbol Of Pdp In Lagos / Corruption:american Bancorp Bank Writes Buhari, Plans To Return Amaechi’s Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.