Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered (29203 Views)

Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG / EFCC Reveals When Ganduje Will Be Arrested (Photo) / What Diezani's Loot Can Fund In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by zinachidi(m): 7:04am On Sep 08, 2017
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, on Thursday, said only about 15 per cent of funds allegedly looted by former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has been recovered.

Magu also revealed that the EFCC was working with the British Government to extradite her back to Nigeria.

The anti-graft boss stated this while speaking to Punch and added that the commission would not give up, until all the money stolen from the country was recovered.

“We are working on the process of Diezani’s extradition. But we have to allow them (the UK government) because we are collaborating. There is the National Crime Agency and the Crown Prosecution Service in London, and our colleagues, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in America. We had cause to meet in London. I was there myself for about a week. We are working not only on the Diezani case; but the Diezani case has become a test case.

“It is even more notorious than the so-called Abacha loot because we have not seen anything yet. I’m sure what we have seen is not more than may be 15 per cent. I think it is going to be a long time. That is why sometimes I think we should appeal to the looters to return the loot. Come and tell the government, ‘This is what I have stolen.’ Since you have voluntarily complied with the instruction to bring back the loot, then the government will take a decision. I think it is the best way to go about it, otherwise, the monies would be wasted.

“Diezani has a lot of people who are well connected, like (Jide) Omokore who are international businessmen. They have private aircraft and you can’t see any of them in Nigeria. They went and kept them in Ghana, some of them. But we are working with almost all law enforcement agencies in the world. They are all willing to work with us because what I told them is, ‘As long as you have any (claim) of criminality in Nigeria, call us.’

“We will go after the criminals because we don’t wait for protocol. Delay is dangerous; when you delay you will not see it. So, we are ready to cooperate with everybody and people have shown willingness. Last time I went to the international convention, they said Nigeria should show it experience. So, the whole world at the United Nations level wants to hear our asset recovery experience,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/08/efcc-reveals-much-diezanis-loot-recovered/

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by richidinho(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2017
Toothless Bulldog grin

in 2015 they said they recover $90billion from diezani alone

jst last month EFCC said the total money recovered is about N500bn

who is deceiving who?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by Nbote(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2017
SMH and laughing in urhobo.. Na today we don dey hear loot recovery from Diezani? Every una dey TRACE new accounts and properties connected to Diezani, lemme ask , when are u ppl going to start prosecuting her?? They seem to even know how much exactly she looted and know what percentage dey have so far lol. With all d evidences U ppl claim to have what's holding up d case? or is d prosecution and trial actually been ongoing in d media?
How far Dasuki's case?

Either dey have not been able to tie anything to her yet or have nothing on her and have resorted to using d media.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 08, 2017
The money this woman looted could buy a country.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by NaijaMutant(f): 7:13am On Sep 08, 2017
It has become boring already

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by NaijaMutant(f): 7:14am On Sep 08, 2017
Sabrina18:

You've been zombiefied

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by Settingz321(m): 7:15am On Sep 08, 2017
People with those eye balls tends to look like they know nothing, but in the actual sense fear them

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by dannytoe(m): 7:16am On Sep 08, 2017
Bunch of clowns deceiving gullible nigerians with overhyped diezani loot, why politheifians like Tinubu who have looted lagos dry, walk freely............... Meanwhile i dont give a fvck about Efcc.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by vedaxcool(m): 7:27am On Sep 08, 2017
Broke looters supporters where you at, oh I see the 2 fools licking Alisin feet

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 08, 2017
Story story, Story

Propaganda has begun in full steam for 2019. We have heard the corruption story before. Come with something more interesting.

$26 Billion contracts awarded without due process is corruption

Stealing is not corruption. Stealing is stealing

Nepotism is corruption

Spending 3 months in London, & still getting paid for your job is corruption

Appointing only your village people to head all National positions is corruption

Increasing fuel price to N145 when you promised N40 is corruption

Borrowing trillions of naira with no visible projects in 2 years is corruption

Selling dollars to your cronies at N150 while making businesses fold up for lack of forex(N500/$) is corruption

4.5 million jobs lost in 2 years because of your evil policies is corruption

Reducing common entrance & jamb cut off for northerners is corruption

Appointing corrupt people to your government like Buratai et al while punishing your opponents is corruption

Lying about your health for months is corruption

Killing innocent protesters and road users because they are ibos or shiites is corruption

Budget padding and missing budgets are corruption

Not doing anything you promised during campaign and yet get paid for your job is corruption

Witch hunting opposition and pardoning your cronies is corruption

Telling the world that you are an unrepentant bigot who will not cater for all your citizens because they didn't vote for you is corruption

Gagging the media so that all the evil you do goes unreported is corruption

Employing 27 SANS and bribing the judge to squash your certificate case in court is corruption

Intimidating judges and breaking into their houses at night is corruption

Doing secret recruitment into CBN, FIRS et al is corruption

Saying Abacha never stole while you are receiving is returned loot is corruption

.... and finally paying people, like the Poster above me (BMC crew) to spread misinformation while you rob the future of this nation blind is corruption

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by funlord(m): 8:02am On Sep 08, 2017
zinachidi:

“It is even more notorious than the so-called Abacha loot because we have not seen anything yet. I’m sure what we have seen is not more than may be 15 per cent. I think it is going to be a long time. That is why sometimes I think we should appeal to the looters to return the loot. Come and tell the government, ‘This is what I have stolen."

Odiegwu? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by Youngadvocate(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2017
Deziani has looted.

But that notwithstanding, why would the APC government channel all its media might on this woman?

I mean, I am confident the loot of even a child of a Northern governor will be greater than hers.

Majority of those in the Cabinet of President Buhari are unarguably worst off than her. Rotimi Amaechi is a crude example. How about Usani Usani who as at 2000, when the exchange rate was very low compared to dollars had about 16 billion recovered from him? Where is his case file right now?

Let's visit the north. Who in the South has stolen more than Ali Modu-Sheriff whose corruption case is still in EFCC case-file? What about Saminu Turaki of Jigawa state and Jolly Nyame of Taraba state ?

God forbid I am shielding evil, treacherous and heartless looters; I am just saying that President Buhari is causing more damage in Nigeria than repairs. To turn a blind eye on very germane issues that rip the skin of Nigeria because such things are caused by the people on his side is more damaging than anything else.

I haven't in the history of Nigeria, seen such a nepotic, tribal bigot and jingoist who is so sentiment-driven and bias as President Buhari

I mean if he wants to swing the rod of the law, why would it be only on the faces of the opposition camp or people from other parts of the country whom he believes deserve only "5%"?

Fulani Herdsmen do the bidding of Northern elites by alarmingly attacking Northern Christians and Southerners in such an inconceivably gruesome manner and none of them for over two years has been arrested. Yt, when people from Southern Kaduna retaliated they were murdered and survivors were arrested. El-Rufai had to unashamedly openly vomit the venom that his government paid huge compensation to these Herdsmen who he outrageously claimed were from outside Nigeria.

The whole charade about Boko Haram during Jonathan's administration is now coming to the fore as they are now treated like Princes; paid billions on "arranged" swap deals, most of their detainees have long been released and paid off.

What sort of country is Nigeria? I always ask myself; a country whose enormous natural and human resources are unmatched by those of any nation in the world yet she is seemingly cursed with use..less and so insensitive Set of Leaders. This present crop of leaders with tum..our-ravaged brains and bellies that are petruded with corruption loots are the worst.

Please, 2019 should "do and come abeg"

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by Nemesis1: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2017
Idiots shouting how toothless a bulldog is

Will be the ones going on other threads about how their sister of the soil was set up

They'll claim their sister did not loot

They'll claim its an international conspiracy between Trump, the queen of England, Scotland yard, etc to frame their sister and destroy PDP

But they'll come around to ask what administration used recovered loots for

Biko is it ghosts that returned the loot they are asking for?

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by Nemesis1: 9:11am On Sep 08, 2017
YoungAdfoolcate is confident that governor's son has stolen more then Denziani, yet non of their names appeared in Panama leaks whereas the proztytute they are "advocating" for has at least 13 webs linking her to series of frauds and money laundering

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by paBuhari(m): 9:16am On Sep 08, 2017
Vegetable govt using this innocent woman's name to hide their incompetence.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by chernest2002: 10:06am On Sep 08, 2017
Government of propaganda, you said many Nigerians have looted and they are here, jail the ones here first before wasting our time and money to repatriate the exiled one.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by maberry(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2017
Mtcheeeew
Story for
Sarrki
Seunmsg
Vexdacool
Tolexander

And all the other Nairaland APC zombies too numerous/irrelevant to mention

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by takenadoh: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2017
Which one is Diezanis loot again, distraction everywhere. Not hearing Dasuki again
Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by maxiuc(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2017
Diezani loot is notorious compared to Abacha loot

This Efcc can be so stupid

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by oshe11: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2017
How much is the 15% n how much be all the loots dey av recovered

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2017
Sabrina18:
how much is Nigeria budget? Don't be deceived by Apc

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by bettercreature(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by ALAYORMII: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2017
The name Diezani is now synonymous with looting
Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by onupeter(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2017
Just negodu ndi Ara...
Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2017
its been awhile... wot did I miss..
good one there Magu.. Abasi Odiong fi, eti eti
Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by iyisco2001(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2017
Who else came here to see the amount in figures of a currency.
Efcc shit is getting boring already.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by olamil34(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2017
if want her to die, click the like button

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by EmekaBlue(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2017
Rubbish...All the money recovered have been relooted ...shege banza damburuba to all of una up there...Even d dullard treatment and his malama wife don chop over 300billion for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by mark2sunny(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2017
Sabrina18:

Can you prove it? Just imagine your x writing on twitter that you had 936 abortions in 2 years and everyone starts insulting you without even imaging the possibility or hearing from you.

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered by FLYFIRE(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2017
LIARS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zulum, Abdulrahman And Kashim Shettima Visit Seyi Makinde / Elizabeth Ativie, New Edo Speaker / IPOB Reacts To Murder Allegation By Asari Dokubo Against Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.