Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? (22772 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Can I Be Employed As A Full Time Staff With A 3rd Class Degree? / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2017
tosbobby:

A 3rd class mathematics product of UI may be liken to 2.2 of most universities
This is bullshit. The same crap my fellow FUTO graduates yap about. Suffering Olympic.

8 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Childofaking: 7:53am On Sep 09, 2017
My friend, just laminate your certificate and take it to your village or home town and hide it there, then come back to the city and hit the street. Think with your brain work with your hands, create the jobs and employ the 2.1 and first class.

You will realise that the best thing that happen to you is your making a third class, because it will liberate you from the slavery of job which is the main character of a first class and 2.1 holder.

Almost all our millionaires are either drop outs or 3rd class holders. I have not seen a first class holder who is not working for somebody (probably the 3rd class guy )

So op just take full advantage of your third class.

7 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by tejiri4(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2017
U will be employ soon don't give up

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by costandi(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Thank you for saying the truth and encouraging the OP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by JustinMartyr(m): 8:01am On Sep 09, 2017
Maj196:
Lol. Try and expand ur horizon.

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by bimbim75: 8:01am On Sep 09, 2017
Hardex247:
I graduated with a third class in Mathematics from the University of Ibadan. Do I still have a chance of getting a job? Please enlighten me. Thank you.
If you can pray and fast and join a living church OR go and do top up programs in university for pple with lower grade to future purpose
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Kaybaba5(m): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2017
Hardex247:
I graduated with a third class in Mathematics from the University of Ibadan. Do I still have a chance of getting a job? Please enlighten me. Thank you.

Why not....

Don't begin to doubt about yourself
It's not about degree.. It's about grace of God....
Belief in yourself...
God will guide you

4 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by emmpire: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2017
Yes you can get a very good job. It's all about you, don't let the 3rd class dictate you.
Talking from experience. Take it

2 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by daben1(m): 8:04am On Sep 09, 2017
Yes!, you can ''get'' a job if you ''get'' a God...

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 09, 2017
of course you can, apply with ur diploma, work a bit, then present ur degree certificate, since you are already in the system, there ain't nothing they can do but I hope ur grade does not also represent ur capabilities & experience.

or Pay to God ( surest way to get job quickly, cause you get what's best for you)

Get a Godfather
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by EmekaBlue(m): 8:05am On Sep 09, 2017
how many times u guyz kip asking this same 3rd question... Anybody can get a job even with pass..Just hope u get lucky or try self venture d surest path in d fvckin country right now
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by wickyyolo: 8:05am On Sep 09, 2017
The Head of Admin in my company is a third class holder. It depends on what you can contribute.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by SalamRushdie: 8:06am On Sep 09, 2017
This your 3rd class might be the blessing you need in life ...

2 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 09, 2017
Yes even if u had a pass degree, just have friends in government but in your next life read hard

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by everydayboy: 8:11am On Sep 09, 2017
You guys are missing the question. He didn't ask if he can be successful in life, he asked if he can get a job.

Well, don't let me deceive you like some others in name of "encouragement", my guy! Higher grade can't even boast of getting a job without connection. However, if your father has connection (immanmadu "Im" Igbo kwenu!!) I'm sure you won't come here to ask this question.

As it stands, the question that people are answering here; which is "if you can be successful" ..... Why not? But that is if you use your "lamba" 6si wink and innovati to kiriate empuloymenti.....

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by AleeDee(m): 8:14am On Sep 09, 2017
No offence pls, even in my set 2/3 of mth students finished with 3rd class nd I dnt knw y.

Bk to d ish, my cousin graduated with 3rd class bt with connection, he has bein wrkin with NAMA for 5yrs nw. Married with children, car nd house. Infact, he's on hajj nw with his mom.

Conclusion: d class doesnt matter, d right info and connection does. Best of luck
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by royalamour(m): 8:15am On Sep 09, 2017
sulaimon22:
Those who have 1st class and 2nd upper are even struggling to get employed. No company/school will want to employ u with ur grade unless u av Long Leg ( Connection) my advice for u is jst to go into ICT u can learn Digital marketing, graphic design, app development, or find some cash and invest in Agric business

Am a 2nd class upper graduate and still unemployed and dats wat am doing.. digital marketing+Plantain farming

"I'm" or "I am" are the most appropriate.

By the way, what did you do with all the time you saved from abbreviating?

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by everydayboy: 8:16am On Sep 09, 2017
wickyyolo:
The Head of Admin in my company is a third class holder. It depends on what you can contribute.

Huh! Ask him, he knows the owner of the company personally or someone in top position there who actually knows that he can contribute irrespective of his class of degree.

They won't even give you the chance to show if you can contribute or not with such class of degree. Except if of course you are known personally.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by AbimbolaGCFR(m): 8:21am On Sep 09, 2017
bodmas01:
God Bless You. I have a friend with third class in English from OAU and she works with a financial multinational company in Lagos. A job is definitely out there for you. Have a good mindset.
Your friend is a dullard, what is so very difficult in ENGLISH that she could not even graduate with at least a 2.2?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Toks2008(m): 8:24am On Sep 09, 2017
PoisonedOne:
No! You don't need a job, most 3rd class graduates always end up creating jobs and employing others instead. They think they're not good enough to compete in the shrinking job market and tend to work towards establishing themsleves.

Don't bother yourself trying too hard to get a job thereby allowing other people to judge your intelligence and decide whether you're good enough or not (based on the fact you had a 3rd class). You can prove to yourself you're street smart and use your brain and work hard.

Some are good remembering what they're taught while others are good creating what to be taught. You can create what to be taught by working hard and smart to be successful ; I tell you solemnly, people will throng in droves to ask you how you became so successful. The true test of intelligence is not by being successful in school, it's by being successful in life.

Thumbs up
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Whatarewehere4: 8:25am On Sep 09, 2017
sulaimon22:
Those who have 1st class and 2nd upper are even struggling to get employed. No company/school will want to employ u with ur grade unless u av Long Leg ( Connection) my advice for u is jst to go into ICT u can learn Digital marketing, graphic design, app development, or find some cash and invest in Agric business

Am a 2nd class upper graduate and still unemployed and dats wat am doing.. digital marketing+Plantain farming
. Boss good morning , please how long have you been a digital marketer and what does it entail to become one ? i have had that idea on my mind for a while now ..
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Whatarewehere4: 8:33am On Sep 09, 2017
sulaimon22:

I just sent you a pm
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 09, 2017
@OP what happened in approximately 4years of your life does not and cannot determine your entire future. What counts is your attitude from now on.

I know someone who graduated with a third class. She spent some money to get a skill, did some small jobs, etc. But today, she is gainfully employed and doing very well financially.

Once again, it is your attitude that counts.

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by ReverseEngineer: 8:34am On Sep 09, 2017
It's an information age, an ICT driven age. Can you even afford to not equip yourself with software skills? Forget it's not your field, it's today as much as the future. You'd always need to develop competency in programming to be an authority in your field few years to come. Techies know this. You, too, can become a software developer. It takes nothing but your dedication. So, how?

Get yourself familiar with the Necessary technologies. Get our whole Package on Web and Mobile App Development today; It consists of tonnes of Video tutorials and PDF textbooks required to get you started on Web and similar projects. A vast number of programming Languages. You get to select the one you deem fit for the job.

Contact 08106501622 (Call and WhatsApp)
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by EYIBLESSN(m): 8:35am On Sep 09, 2017
tosbobby:
As a man thinket...
Ask yourself, are you wise?
1st class hasn't gotten a job, do you know favour might locate you.
Why building a low self esteem?
If evaluated, you could perform better than some 2.2 and 2.1 in the market because the quality of some of the products in the market are very poor.
Mathematics can be define as the process of demolishing a building without using a bulldozer. You are good jaree. grin
Do you know that some employers also understand that reason for low academic grade is not actually lack of basic knowledge about the discipline.
Some companies still absolve lower grades because one still need to undergo training on using their applications and other facilities.
Its only a numskull that can not get a job after attending a university[even a lucrative ones]. The only difference is the race. If other are running 1mile, you have to be ready to run 2miles.
I agree that 2.1 and 2.2 are popularly demanded in the market but not in every cases.
Have it in mind to enroll for PGD

Yes you can get a job if you have the right information.

God blesses Yiu
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by dukeprince50: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2017
no, but a 3rd class degree holder can have a business and employ a first class degree holder. job opportunity is chocked, stop looking for job and create or own job
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by scorpio2013: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2017
Those who bribed their way through to a second class upper etc. Cannot compare themselves with those who worked their way to a third class. Third class is still honours.
OrdercityWeb:

OP listen to this man.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by holysainbj(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2017
tosbobby:
As a man thinket...
Ask yourself, are you wise?
1st class hasn't gotten a job, do you know favour might locate you.
Why building a low self esteem?
If evaluated, you could perform better than some 2.2 and 2.1 in the market because the quality of some of the products in the market are very poor.
Mathematics can be define as the process of demolishing a building without using a bulldozer. You are good jaree. grin
Do you know that some employers also understand that reason for low academic grade is not actually lack of basic knowledge about the discipline.
Some companies still absolve lower grades because one still need to undergo training on using their applications and other facilities.
Its only a numskull that can not get a job after attending a university[even a lucrative ones]. The only difference is the race. If other are running 1mile, you have to be ready to run 2miles.
I agree that 2.1 and 2.2 are popularly demanded in the market but not in every cases.
Have it in mind to enroll for PGD

Yes you can get a job if you have the right information.
"....3rd class in UI can be likened to 2.2 in most universities...." Why? How? Did you attend most universities? I don't know why Nigerians keeping making such baseless comparisons...
Apart from that unnecessary phrase, you made other good points. OP are there even jobs? Yes you can get a job but at the same time get creative

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by TheEminentLaity: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2017
The Nigerian Civil Service love you guys. Just work your way around how they employ so many of your grade mates and you'll be fine.

To answer your question, Yes, 3rd class graduates get jobs.

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by scorpio2013: 8:41am On Sep 09, 2017
So a third class degree holder will create job for a first class degree holder? Between the two, who needs supervision? Those with first class brains should be out there solving problems through research and innovation.
dukeprince50:
no, but a 3rd class degree holder can have a business and employ a first class degree holder. job opportunity is chocked, stop looking for job and create or own job
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by holysainbj(m): 8:42am On Sep 09, 2017
scorpio2013:
So a third class degree holder will create job for a first class degree holder? Between the two, who needs supervision? Those with first class brains should be out there solving problems through research and innovation.

I know Igbo men billionaires who do not know how the four walls of a class room looks like, they employ a number of first class graduates..so yes, a pass graduate can employ a first class one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mass Recruitment: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (fupre), Nigeria / How Do I Get To Katangua Market In Abulegba, Lagos? / Don't Ever Submit CV In PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.